Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Dharma
Stats: 180/169/145
WOE: NO grains/starches/sugar
Start Date: January 6, 2011
Long time no see!!

Hey there old friends! I haven't been back here in over a year and 1/2. And look where it's gotten me!

I've been struggling since 2007 with thyroid and female hormones and have continued to eat poorly and gain weight. Got up to 180 and I feel awful.

I put on 20 lbs when I quit drinking diet coke, and never lost that. I didn't lose anything when I went gluten free, so I fell off that wagon. Every time I've tried to lose I just couldn't stick to anything. I almost did the HCG diet but decided I hadn't changed my lifestyle and wouldn't keep it off.

DH and I went on a cruise for our 20th anniversary and I tried for 6 months before the cruise to lose weight and wasn't able to.

Finally this week I just had enough. I know from experience that eating the EFGT plan (plus gluten free) is the only way for me to lose and maintain my weight. I went on my first LC diet in 1978 and I've known ever since then that I need to eat that way to feel well and maintain a decent weight. But man the hormonal challenges I've been through really messed with my brain chemistry and I medicated myself with carbs and alcohol. NOT a good plan, but it's hard to explain how hard it is to break out of that to someone who's never experienced it! Although many here I'm sure do get it.

Anyway, I've lost 3 pounds in 3 days and my mind is starting to clear. I'm on Armour and bioidentical hormones (still trying to get dosages right) and the last step for me is cleaning up my WOE. It's gotta be for life for me though, and not just to lose this extra weight. It's about my health and mental well-being as well.

I'm glad to be back and see some familiar faces, and all of you doing so well. Now it's my turn I hope!

Lisa
Dharma is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Lisa,
It's great to see you here again, but sorry to hear of all your trials in the past months. But, today is a new day and it sounds like you're on the right path now. I'm glad you've gotten the hormones straightened out. That will be a giant step, IMHO.
Anyway, again, nice to have you back.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Lisa Glad to see you..We are starting a new challenge tomorrow...Come back to us.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Dharma
Stats: 180/169/145
WOE: NO grains/starches/sugar
Start Date: January 6, 2011
Thanks Carolyn and Sandy!

October is my busy month at work but I'll check in. I need the support to keep on track right now.
Dharma is offline   Reply With Quote