Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Eat Fat, Get Thin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/)
-   -   September Falling Weight Challenge.. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/689376-september-falling-weight-challenge.html)

CarolynF 09-01-2010 08:50 AM

September Falling Weight Challenge..

This is simple but to the point..

Well, Brett probably was a little disappointed, but I told him that this wasn't the perfect job that God wanted him to have..So, he believes that, too..

Anyone do kettlebells??? I did a short routine yesterday at my gym and it was only 8 pounds and I could barely walk today..This is a good thing..It really works on your thighs and fanny..You can buy one at Wallie World..with a DVD..pretty cheap.

susique333 09-01-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 13849075)
This is simple but to the point..

Well, Brett probably was a little disappointed, but I told him that this wasn't the perfect job that God wanted him to have..So, he believes that, too..

Anyone do kettlebells??? I did a short routine yesterday at my gym and it was only 8 pounds and I could barely walk today..This is a good thing..It really works on your thighs and fanny..You can buy one at Wallie World..with a DVD..pretty cheap.

Sending positive thoughts to Brett. I have a 19 yr old who is really needing a job and so far no-go.

Any kind of exercise kicks my buns anymore. I need to look at the kettlebells to see what they are! Im headed to Walmart now so might check them out.

Love the new challenge name.

Buffy45 09-01-2010 09:54 AM

Wiggling into my spot here.....;):kicking::sing::sing:

Buffy45 09-01-2010 09:55 AM

Highlight of my day, picking up DGS 10 after he gets home from school, we are going to go get a bite to eat, then I will take him to baseball practice. He is so busy these days it is hard to get him much.

CarolynF 09-01-2010 10:51 AM

We have a little bit of rain here..:)

I think kettlebells would be a great total workout..but you need to hang on to them because they could do some serious damage..

Oh..Buffy, I hop dgs10 has a great day at school.

TuscanGirl 09-01-2010 11:12 AM

http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/5.gif Walking in!

sjl330 09-01-2010 01:57 PM

Whew, ok, finally I'm here! What a day! It started quite early and I've been going pretty much nonstop since. If I could do my internet stuff while I walked I'd have it made, lol. I just wish posting used more calories.

Ok, monthly weigh in.

I think I was 153 last month so I'm fine with that. I wish I'd get back down to 145 and STAY there though!!

Carolyn, how much magnesium can you take safely. I've been having bathroom issues lately and I'm taking 500 mg a day now. Maybe it takes a while to help. Sorry, TMI.

CindyCRNA 09-01-2010 03:49 PM

Sandy, I've been taking 500mg at night for sleep for maybe 5-6 days. I don't get explosive results with 500mg but YMMV! Add Miralax. LOVE Miralax.

I have been posting on the maintenance thread daily menus. I'm kinda to the point where I say "see 8/28" or "see yesterday". I get on a kick and eat the same thing for a while, get tired of it and get on a new kick. Current kick:

B: 2 slices of Julian Bakerys 12 grain bread
1T butter
1/2T honey
1 egg fried in Pam

L: Mama Lupes LC Tortilla
1/2 cup FF refried beans
3oz grilled steak strips
2T sour cream
The hottest sauce I can find

S: 16 oz unsweetened Almond Breeze
1 slice 12 grain toast
2T Sunbutter

D: 3 oz wild salmon
Lg salad with 6T Worlds Best Miso Caesur salad dressing

sjl330 09-01-2010 04:31 PM

Sounds good Cindy. What is Sun Butter? Last week you mentioned adding glycerine to baby lotion. Can you tell me what the ratio is? I want to be ready for fall weather, lol.

CindyCRNA 09-01-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjl330 (Post 13850660)
Sounds good Cindy. What is Sun Butter? Last week you mentioned adding glycerine to baby lotion. Can you tell me what the ratio is? I want to be ready for fall weather, lol.

Sunbutter is from Netrition. It is like peanut butter but with Sunflower seeds. I add roughly 1-2 T per cup of lotion. Wait till the humidity drops because it pulls moisture in from the air.

We are watching Inglorious Bastards. So far, it is very good.

CarolynF 09-01-2010 07:36 PM

Hi..

I take the same as Cindy 500 mg. It might take a while to work.
I take it around 8 p.m. to also help with sleep..

Wow..Sandy, you did great in August.

TuscanGirl 09-01-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjl330 (Post 13850231)

Carolyn, how much magnesium can you take safely. I've been having bathroom issues lately and I'm taking 500 mg a day now. Maybe it takes a while to help. Sorry, TMI.

I had to stop magnesium - too many issues!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyCRNA (Post 13850940)

We are watching Inglorious Bastards. So far, it is very good.

Fun movie!!

Buffy45 09-02-2010 05:41 AM

Morning....

Saw Inglorious Bastards at the movies when it first came out, I liked it.

We have rain and cooler weather, yay!! DGS 10 is a weather buff, so I got a blow by blow account of it when we were together yesterday. And, they cancelled baseball practice due to the rain, so we had more time together. I have learned that if I take him somewhere to eat, he just talks and talks, but if I bring him to the house, he wants to hurry and eat and then run play, watch tv or get on the computer, so, we went to Chili's and I got to hear all about his first couple weeks of school. Going great, which I was happy to hear. Then he asked if I needed to take him home or if maybe we could just go back to my house since we hadn't had any time to "hang out" together since school started :love:, so we called Mom and asked her if that would be ok and back to my house we went. Great evening.

Off to get my haircut/color in a little while, I always enjoy that, love having someone work on my hair plus my hair gal has become a friend as well.

Have a great day everyone. :hugs:

TuscanGirl 09-02-2010 05:49 AM

:hiya: Buffy!!

Good plan with DGS! The car works wonders on getting them to talk too!

sjl330 09-02-2010 06:11 AM

Thanks Carolyn, but I'm just finally getting back where I'm supposed to be after messing around for so long. I was a bad girl for a long time, lol.

MK, bathroom issues? Or are there other issues from taking mag.?

Buffy, I miss those days with my DGKids. My 2 oldest ones are all grown up now and I've never had that same relationship with the 2 younger ones. Their mom always kept them close to her and never promoted any other option. My loss. And theirs too. I wonder how often I'll see the new GGbaby? I'm pretty sure I'll be able to have it as often as I want. I just don't know how often I can handle having a baby around now, you know what I mean?

CarolynF 09-02-2010 08:59 AM

Hi ladies,

I did a little program at my dh's childhood church, where his folks went..It was in Buffalo, KS..and there were frogs jumping up and down on the way back..So, a frog got stuck under my car..I didn't notice it until after exercise..Went to the car wash (drive through), drove around alot and I think he fell off..:)

Mema, you are a great grandma..Your gkids are so lucky to have you..I am waiting for this dark brown hair to lighten up. I go get a cut in a few weeks and I know my hdresser will have a fit..LOL.

Sandy, you weren't bad..you were just eating like the rest of the country does..

Yes, MK, share the magnesium issues with us..please.

sjl330 09-02-2010 11:38 AM

Frogs jumping is a sign of heavy rains, right? I've seen them do it in the night in our headlights. Strange sight. I hope you got him all off. He could be smelly.

Do you realize how much special colored M & Ms are???? $12 a pound!!! I was going to do this cute thing for our next D of I meeting, which I'm head hostess for, but I'd need over 4 pounds!!! So I guess I'll just use mixed nuts, lol.

TuscanGirl 09-02-2010 01:24 PM

Hi!

Yep bathroom issues here too.

Sandy - maybe you could mix a few of the M&M's in with the nuts!
Or get a regular bag and pick out all the colors you want - in your free time, of course! ;)

Carolyn - I'm glad the frog got away - or he got squished. . . . ewww.

sjl330 09-02-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuscanGirl (Post 13853591)
Hi!

Yep bathroom issues here too.

Sandy - maybe you could mix a few of the M&M's in with the nuts!
Or get a regular bag and pick out all the colors you want - in your free time, of course! ;)

Carolyn - I'm glad the frog got away - or he got squished. . . . ewww.

I was thinking I might do that but I don't want to drive back across town just to get yellow and green ones, lol. Call me lazy!! I thought about mixing candy corn in since it's fall. ??? I'm open to ideas. The glasses I'm filling are plastic margarita glasses. Some of them have yellow stems and some have green and I'm setting them on yellow napkins and tying curly ribbons on the stem. I need help.

It's going to be a marg sipping/line dancing meeting. After our business meeting and dinner of course.

CarolynF 09-02-2010 02:27 PM

Oh..candy corn mixed with nuts are so nommie together..Sweet and salty..:)

CindyCRNA 09-02-2010 03:15 PM

Sandy, my reply to you question on glycerine made it sound like I add Sunbutter to my lotion!! It's 1-2T per 1 cup of lotion. I like J&J baby lotion for the smell.

TuscanGirl 09-02-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 13853775)
Oh..candy corn mixed with nuts are so nommie together..Sweet and salty..:)

I love that too!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyCRNA (Post 13853890)
Sandy, my reply to you question on glycerine made it sound like I add Sunbutter to my lotion!!

That's what I thought too!

big 09-02-2010 04:13 PM

Fat Fast advice???

Does anyone know what yocheese is and how it works as a mini meal for the fat fast which is part of Atkins? Would love to know how to make it/or purchase it. thanks...

TuscanGirl 09-02-2010 04:21 PM

yocheese is draining full fat yogurt, like Dannon, overnight, getting rid of the whey, and eating the leftover yogurt.

You put it in a strainer with a paper towel or coffee filter overnight and it yields about half of the original amount.

It's a lot like Greek yogurt in texture.

sjl330 09-02-2010 04:48 PM

Now that I have glycerine and sunflower butter rubbed all over my body!!!!

:hyst::hyst:
Lol, JK, I knew what you meant. And thanks a million again for all these goodies!! I need to find a good bread recipe for DH. He's trying so hard again to reduce his sugar and grains.

CindyCRNA 09-02-2010 04:57 PM

Hey girls, check out the new thread, well more than a thread, it's a......I don't know what you call it when they add a new area: General Skin Care / Make-up - Low Carb Friends

sjl330 09-02-2010 04:58 PM

Yes, I found that yesterday. I'm excited!!! I love reading about skin care and makeup and stuff.

CarolynF 09-02-2010 05:49 PM

Me, too..I already ordered a sample of undereye concealer that Dottie likes..

Anyway watch Project Runway??? I love that show..I wish I could sew.

CindyCRNA 09-02-2010 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 13854397)
Me, too..I already ordered a sample of undereye concealer that Dottie likes..

Anyway watch Project Runway??? I love that show..I wish I could sew.

Where are you getting a "sample"? I found a full size for $13.50, free S&H.

sjl330 09-02-2010 06:36 PM

I watch P. Runway. I used to sew a little but I hate it!! I think about sewing sometimes but then talk myself right out of it, lol. And I keep forgetting to do my crochet on the baby afghan!! I've been very busy lately though and next week is crazy already.