Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Ragu
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: July 2010

Hello,
Just finished reading Barry Grove's book T & T and working on the Natural Health and Weight Loss. Me and hubby started the diet about 3 weeks ago. I am looking for friends who are having success with this plan and some suggestions on meals, portions. How do you gauge your weight loss? Scale or your clothes?
Ragu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2010, 05:02 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: newfocus
Stats: 197/163/155
WOE: Portion Control/Trying To Eat More Natural Foods
Start Date: February 2007
I don't know the book or diet you speak of but I do eat natural foods and herbs from my garden. Do you grow produce? If you decide on low carb diet you will find many recipes. I suggest reading the Atkins Induction.... the thread above this one. I gauge my weight loss by the way my clothes fit and then I will check out the scales after a few months. Good luck

Last edited by newfocus; 08-23-2010 at 05:04 AM..
newfocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the input and the welcome to the forum. Yes, I am new and eating a low carb diet. I definitely feel the difference in my clothes. Not so much on the scale, but I will not be discouraged. I have been on so many plans for the past 15 years I am happy to find something that truly works. I feel great and don't have any cravings. Anyone else heard of Barry Groves and the books he wrote about eating fat and losing weight? Would love to hear from someone who has been on his plan for a while.

Last edited by Ragu; 08-26-2010 at 08:22 PM..
Old 08-26-2010, 08:18 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Thanks for the input and the welcome to the forum. Yes, I am new and eating a low carb diet. I definitely feel the difference in my clothes. Not so much on the scale, but I will not be discouraged. I have been on so many plans for the past 15 years I am happy to find something that truly works. I feel great and don't have any cravings. Anyone else heard of Barry Groves and the books he wrote about eating fat and losing weight? Would love to hear from someone who has been on his plan for a while. Oh, and no I don't grow my own produce. I wish I could though. It is so hot in Florida and we don't have much of a yard for gardening. Hopefully, when I relocate to NC in the not to distant future I will get a garden started. All my neighbors up there do and the produce is so delicious!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Come and join us on the September thread - Carolyn can answer all your questions.
Barry Groves stops by occasionally too!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Ok, thanks.