Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 06:07 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Awesome August Housewives Challenge

Hi..

I'm a day early, but wanted to get this up for our early risers..

Was still at 147 yesterday, but then went to Rebecca's wedding and had
cake, punch and an open-faced sandwich.. So, back on track...
It was a lovely wedding.. Beautiful, lovely bride..

How's everyone doing?
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2010, 04:58 AM   #2

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Up early here; we're headed to meet the kids at the lake for a day of boating. I'm up, ugh. Surprise, lol. 153 Yikes!!
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:31 AM   #3

Wear your sunscreen, Sandy..I hope you find a nice breeze on the lake.. Don't worry, that's vacation weight..It will come off.

Another hot one here..Brett should be reluctantly winding his way back home. He will probably have another bunch of clothes to wash..Mr. Steamy will be busy again.

Last night we put up a new slider curtain and one set of wood blinds for the downstairs walkout basement. So far, so good. The second set of wood blinds will go up much easier..LOL. Thank goodness for the internet because the Bali instructions didn't tell us to pull out the pin so the blinds would go down..DUH..The internet is wonderful for
troubleshooting stuff.

Sandy: Did they ever find out why that man was at the park for so long???

Old 08-01-2010, 05:37 AM   #4

Happy birthday, Mary Kay..I have to find you a picture...

Last edited by CarolynF; 08-01-2010 at 05:54 AM..
Old 08-01-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Happy Birthday MK! Let us know all your celebrating, didn't it go on for weeks last year?

Thanks for the kitten picture Carolyn, the little guy made himself right at home and has bonded with me already, the other cats are quite interested in him and want to be mad at him but they are really doing ok except for old grouchy Mr. Tinker, he isn't nice at all but doesn't hurt him. The kitten is just ignoring him and trying to play with the other. Much butt sniffing going on, geez, you would think it would have a million dollar aroma, LOL.

Just having a lazy day today. It is soooo darn hot here, it is just too hot to do anything outside.

Got my nails done and haircut/color on Friday.

Have fun on the lake Sandy.

Carolyn, does the Mr. Steamy really work? I will get one if so, I rarely iron, try to buy things that don't need it and the ones that do, we send them to the cheapy laundry nearby. They have a drivethrough and are very reasonable and we like how they come out.

Later dear friends.....
Old 08-01-2010, 12:20 PM   #6

Good afternoon..

I think our birthday girl is partying with her fam and friends..

Some kitties are not as friendly as other kitties..Mr. Tinker's little nose is out of joint, but he will recover, I'm sure.

On Mr. Steamy..He is pretty noisy in the dryer, but makes some things less wrinkly. He is not in there ironing the shirts, mind you, but makes them less wrinkly to iron.
I do think when Brett gets a job, he will have to find a cheapy laundry, too..
Old 08-01-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

My new, MUCH COOLER (temp wise or course), haircut. It feels awesome and my friend says it makes my face look much thinner. This is in the old, old, old wornout tshirt with a hole in it that I wear to get my hair done in everytime, she can get color on it, she can burn it, I mean she can't harm that tshirt, LOL. Then I change of course.

2nd was a couple of months ago. I think I like the new cut but it is very short
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:32 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Of course I like my face better in my profile picture, that was about 8 years ago, LOL
Old 08-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, do you think Mr. Steamy would help with cotton blend tops, etc, to help them come out less wrinkled? My dryer is nice and gentle and I just try them a few minutes and then hang them, but if it would help make them look a little nicer, I sure would get one and it would help with DH's work shirts that I don't iron. Poor neglected man. Of course, these aren't dress shirts, I do sent them to the laundry. I don't make him go out socially in the wrinkled ones, haha.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:27 PM   #10

Buffy: I love your new hairstyle..So cute and flattering..

You can try Mr. Steamy and see how he does in your dryer..You have to turn it on kind of high, so the water in Mr. Steamy will steam..The clothes do seem to dry faster..
Old 08-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #11

I have some big news. I'm going to be a great grandma!!!!! Probably around next March. I'm pretty excited but I do wish they'd waited until they got married. I don't think it was actually planned though but everybody is happy anyway. I pray she has an easy pregnancy. It's my DGS and his GF who are having the baby. He's almost 25 and she's close to that. She graduates college in Dec. of this year.

I love your haircut Buffy!! I've been threatening to chop mine off too but if I just stay patient it should be really long for Mexico in Feb. and I'll be able to pull it up and back easier. I love short hair cuts though. And I love how easy it is to fix too.

I dry everything on low so I don't think Mr. Steamy would work well for me. I don't iron much either. Unless I just have to.

Happy birthday Mary Kay! How did I miss that? I hope it was a perfect day for you.

The lake only lasted a couple of hours and DSIL had boat problems....again. I feel so sorry for him. He's had a lot of problems with his new boat and is getting pretty discouraged. We came home, laid around and watched a movie. Then I decided to make homemade ice cream. I texted everybody and I never got any quicker response to a text! Lol. Only about 1/2 were able to come, but it was sure good for us who were here. Yum!!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 08-01-2010, 05:51 PM   #12

Wow..Sandy, you are way too young to be a ggrandma But, congratulations..She will make it through college before the baby is born, which is great..

Sorry about the boat problems..but ice cream sounded like a good solution..
Old 08-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #13

Thanks Carolyn and yes, ice cream is a great fixer isn't it? Lol.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #14
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Sigh.
No - we're not home yet.
We're in Tennessee!

Thanks for the birthday wishes though!
And I'm definitely designating another day for my birthday!!!

Comments tomorrow (and weigh-in) when we get home!

you all!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:34 AM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Growl, typed up a message and then shut it down!

Let's see.
Good Morning
Congrats Sandy
Hurry home MK
Blah, blah, blah

BBL
Old 08-02-2010, 09:50 AM   #16

Buffy: I hate when my messages disappear...;(

Hopefully, ds will make it home today..He is dragging his feet and staying at his ex-roomie's place..Manhattan is more fun than Indy..for sure..He should hear Friday if he gets the OKCity job.

Ohh...The Finale of The Bachelorette is tonight..Dh wants to put up the other blind, but
ds can be the helper..I have other plans..

By looking at the weather map, we are all in the HOT zone for this week..so take care everyone..Maybe we need a road trip to see Gord up in CA?
Old 08-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, we must do that Carolyn, my DD says the weather in Canada is awesome, they are having a great time.
I walked over to her house and back to get the mail, it is about 20 minutes each way at my slow snails pace, and I almost got too hot, rested for awhile over at her place, and then was sure glad to get back to my house.
Have to just endure it and then back to nicer weather.
While you are watching Bachelorette, I will be watching somewhat Real Housewives of NJ, it is crazy this season.
It is so hot I can't think of anything to cook or eat, but get hungry anyways.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #18

Yup.. LOL..I made a siphon out of a piece of garden hose to get the hot water out of my little pool..I was very proud of myself.

Buffy: Be careful and carry water with you. Take the car tomorrow as it is going to be hot for a whole week here. Have fun with the NJ ladies..
Old 08-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #19

My DD lives about a 20 minute walk from me too Buffy! But I rarely walk there, lol. I really should more often. Yes, be very careful with this heat. Maybe go over around 2 a.m. Ha, ha!

Brilliant Carolyn! The pool sure felt great today and I finally got to catch up with my pool buds. I hope to be able to go all week. I think after this week it closes and then I'll have to go to the other city pool or to my DGS's. I can't believe summer is almost over for all the kiddos around here.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #20

I keep forgetting to answer your ?? Carolyn about the missing/found local man here. We still have no idea why he walked away from his car and disappeared for 3 weeks. I'm afraid we'll never know. The family is not sharing much about that part of it which is their right of course, but there sure are a lot of curious people who would like to know just what happened.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:23 PM   #21

Sandy: That is very curious, I think..Who could live 3 weeks in the woods?? I was listening to a Jimmy Moore podcast about an ex-astronaut doctor who was taking statins and didn't remember anything..It happens alot, he said.

Enjoy the pool...

I was happy that Roberto is engaged to Ali on the Bachelorette..He is soooooo handsome..drool, drool.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:08 AM   #22

It was in the middle of a very large park here and he drank from water fountains on the trails and ate out of trash barrels. He asked about his family and his daughter's wedding right away. He was covered with insect bites and had lost 25 pounds and had a beard but the park employee who found him knew him as a friend so recognized him right away. It is a very strange story indeed. I still feel very sorry for the family. 3 weeks of not knowing if he was alive or dead; the daughter canceling/postponing her wedding; living in daily fear of the unknown. And all along he was within 3 miles of them.

Yes, that Roberto is a real cutie pie. I wonder if they'll last. So few do. I did feel sorry for Chris. That rainbow event brought tears to my eyes.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:35 AM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning peeps!
wow Sandy, what an interesting story, I hope they eventually share what they find out. Could have been anything, meds, a slight stroke, stress, who knows. But, thank heavens it turned out with him being alive, I see so many stories that end up badly.

Got pictures from DD from their visit in Canada, oh, they are having so much fun, I see why my DSIL sure misses home. Where his family lives is just beautiful and his best friend has this little lake cabin, boats, all the fun stuff and he used to be able to enjoy that all the time.

I am going to walk again this morning but close to home, I just kind of circle close to my house when it is this hot, then if I need to come in I can. I finally got in the right frame of mind to get out and walk and I don't want to stop it now, if I can just hold on going just a little everyday until it cools off some, then maybe I can keep it up the rest of the time.

Very smart Carolyn on getting your pool emptied out.

Have some errands to run today, but it isn't much fun in this heat.

Whine, whine, whine
Old 08-03-2010, 08:09 AM   #24

Gosh, Sandy..That is really weird, but hopefully, he is getting some help..Maybe the stress of life got to him....Honestly, Chris got the sympathy vote, but not from me..He was 33 and rather immature compared to Roberto who was only 26.. I hope it lasts..but you never know..

Another hot day in KS..as you all are probably baking, too.

I was 147 still this morning..Hallelujah..

Oh...a cool cabin on the lake sounds great, Buffy..

We still haven't taken our vacation this summer..We were kinda waiting for Brett's job
situation..Hopefully, there will be good news on Friday..then we can move forward..
Oh..his car's transmission is kinda funky, so we have to take it in to the shop on Monday. Better get Redboy (old pickup) from the shop today so everyone can have a car..
Old 08-03-2010, 10:55 AM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Just came back from my walk, 33 minutes today and it was warm but with a pretty nice breeze so not bad. Now, cool down, and get cleaned up, again.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #26

Did everyone vote today???

Buffy: 33 minutes in the heat..We do have a little Texas breeze, too.Thanks.

Brett's interview company asked him to fax his transcript from KSU, so that is a step
in the right direction.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #27

I voted and then I went to the chiro. As I was leaving the voting parking lot, there was this old guy trying to walk to the doors but you could tell he was in extreme pain and way only taking the tiniest little baby steps. I was afraid he was going to fall, so I reparked my car and went and asked him if he'd like to lean on my arm for support. He was so thankful. The poll workers finally saw him and brought out a wheelchair and I asked them to make sure he made it back to his vehicle. They thought I was with him and I told them I was just helping him and had an appt. so I couldn't stay to help him back out. I sure hope they did. Bless his heart for getting out and voting. You could sure tell it was very important to him to go through all that just to get in there.

Oh, and I think I forgot to tell you all that I actually made it to the gym yesterday and I am soooooooo sore today I can hardly walk. I guess it had been awhile, huh? Time sure flies when you're having fun, as they say. Anyway, I'm going to try to get back in the habit again. I only took about a 4-6 week break; it's amazing how quickly you go downhill.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #28
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, that is such a nice story about you helping that older gentlemen, I know he was very thankful and doesn't it make you feel good when you help someone out like that? We should all do more of it! Good for you!!!

Yay for a step forward on Brett's job situation, that sounds good. He will know by Friday?

After I cleaned up I went over to ck on things at DD's house and to get her mail, went to TJ Maxx and browsed, of course I love to do that. Got a new walking hat, the one I had was pretty sad looking. Then I went and got a relaxing pedicure, picked up a laptop from the repair guy and then stopped by the grocery store for some fresh fruit and a few basics. Not following Plan D to a T but am trying to incorporate a lot of the things she writes about, like whole unprocessed foods, lots of fiber and sprouted grain cereals, etc. I do think I am feeling a little better since I got off some of the junk I was eating daily. So easy to fall into that bad habit, just like you said Sandy, so easy and quick to get out of exercise habit and go downhill.

Will see if anything is on TV tonight.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:18 PM   #29
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

I'm back!
And I didn't gain anything~

Beginning of last month - 121.2
This month 118.8
Lost 2.4!!

I didn't gain over vaca either!

Now I have a cold though, so I'm going to bed early!
I'll try to catch up tomorrow!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #30

Good to have you back MK. And great job not gaining over vakay and for showing a loss for the month.

Buffy, what does your walking hat look like? I have such thick hair I really have problems wearing hats. My head gets hot really fast and it's hard to find a hat big enough to fit over all my hair and not feel like it's about to fall off. I got a new beach hat in CA but DSIL laughed at it when he saw it in our pictures so now I wonder if I look silly. My DH likes it. It was so windy on the beach out there that I really didn't get to wear it much except just posing for the pics, lol.

I made the most yummy scallops for dinner. I just barely dusted them with flour and then sauteed them in butter. Then I added the juice of 2 limes, a clove of minced garlic, some fresh cilantro and about a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar. I cooked that down a bit and poured some over the scallops. I also had some brown rice so I used some sauce on that too. And steamed broccoli with butter. Not perfect, but better than I have been doing. And I'm getting more sore as the night progresses. I have to work at the church office in the a.m. and then I have a funeral to attend. I hope I can walk in the morning, literally! Lol.