Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 06:52 AM   #211
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!!

DS18's team won last night!!

And i am so sore today - my walk just about killed me - especially up and down the hills!
Don't I live on the prairie??
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #212
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Yeah..now which sport are we talking about with ds18? Good deal, though.

I thought we lived on the prairie, too, but there are intermittent hills here and there..on my walking route.. Good for the thighs, though.

Ds has a phone interview with Garmin on Friday..I would love him to work there..KCity and all..but it's whatever happens and where God wants him..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:09 AM   #213
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning.
No Carolyn, OK City for Brett, then I can see you sometimes, LOL. No, I realize KC would be awesome with DD there as well.
Isn't it aggravating that he hasn't heard back from the first interview, I hate how they leave people out there hanging.
Great soccer game MK.
I got up to rain today too, I don't think there will be much but it was nice to see anyways. With August almost over, we will start to get some rain now.
DD and her family got back from Hawaii yesterday so anxious to see the 2 little ones.
DGS had a great first day of middle school, riding the bus for the first time, etc. Always worry when they experience new things and places.
My weight dropped down to 208 yesterday but was back to 210 this morning, but that is still good. It was wanting to climb above my setpoint of 210 earlier, now maybe I can work it down to 205, slowly but surely. I don't get too hungry, or too often but still have that mindset to "clean my plate" that I need to get rid of, I get full quickly and easily and need to "LISTEN" to my signals.
Pay bills and do paperwork today. Fridge really needs to be cleaned ou, not sure if that will happen or not.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #214

Buffy: It is aggravating that the OKCity hasn't called back to let him know anything...Oh well..Maybe it's a sign..

Hawaii..I love Hawaii alot. We got to go there twice and would love to go back..Lots of beaches, Sandy..My niece and her family live there because her dh is in the Army..That would be a bad assignment and she loves it there.

205...205...we will all chant for you, Buffy.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #215
Princess Proofreader

205 is coming Buffy - I just know it!

Carolyn - I hope they call soon!
Oh - and it's soccer!
Old 08-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #216

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I love Hawaii too! I've only been once but it was wonderful.

If Brett gets a job with Garmin I might even see you more often Carolyn. It's about 10 miles from me!

I bought a Ham. Beach electric ice cream freezer kit today. It comes with 2 little bowls you put in the freezer, then you fill them up and turn it on. Supposed to have ice cream in 12 minutes. I'm going to try to make some higher fat/sugar free. If I don't like it, I'll return it.

I was down a bit more this a.m. I know it's going to get slooooowwwww now, lol. But I'm feeling great and am full of energy so I'm happy right now.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #217

Yummy..I make homemade ice cream all the time..What recipe do you have, Sandy?

I use a couple of Tbs. of glycerine in my quart ice cream maker..It will make the ice cream creamy..I use hwcream and a little LC milk, vanilla, 2 eggs, sweetener to taste,
the glycerine and I add 2 Tbs. of sugar free vanilla pudding mix, too..
Old 08-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susique333
Stats: started at 230+ Type2 Diabetes Insulin
WOE: LOW CARB, higher fat
Start Date: summer 2007 RESTART May 2012
Perk: Ice Cream! My daughter got a Rival 4 qt machine and makes a recipe off of Alton Browns show. Of course it is full of sugar and Im not certain how to make it with spenda? Liquid or powdered, I have both. Carolyn, can I get glycerine at Walgreens?

I love Hawaii, too! My hubby was a Navy corpsman in Hawaii in the late 1960s. He was at the Waikele ammunition depot, one of the former Navy ammunition storage facilities which closed in the 1980s. Hubby said he saw his 1st crochet bikini on the beaches there at Oahu. LOL

Went to Walmart for groceries today and saw that their brand of chili is back to a $1 a can, also the saltines were lower, is this a sign things might get cheaper??

Then we stopped at a new burger joint called "5 guys" and I had my burger bunless. Not bad but certainly not what I expected beings they were voted the best burger in Tampa last year. My husbands are mucho better.

223#s
susique333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #219

I've never used glycerine in anything except I think homemade soap bubbles for the kids? I think, humm. Where do you get it and what happens if you don't use it? I've never put anything in my ice cream except eggs, cream, sugar, milk, vanilla and a pinch of salt. I'm a vanilla purist when it comes to homemade ice cream. I don't want any other flavors. I'm wondering if I can freeze my new homemade yogurt??? I hope this little things works. It's so cute. It came with 2 little serving size bowls. The motor fits on top of each one and is supposed to freeze it in 6-12 minutes. Woohooo.

I fixed chicken carbonara for dinner over zuke noodles. Yummy!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:18 AM   #220
Princess Proofreader

Morning!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:22 AM   #221
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning.
Overcast and cooler again today, yes!!!!
DS called today, upset, seems he got a call from a credit services company claiming tht he opened a credit card back in 2003 that has gone unpaid. Sounds very fishy to me, he didn't open an cc then and I looked up this company and they have a bad report card on the internet. Anyway, I am afraid he is in for some harrassment from them. One of his best friends is an attorney, told him to call him and ask him what to do and to also tell the credit company that he is going to refer everything to his attorney. Internet says they buy up old uncollected debt and try to get anything they can out of people. DS did not have any credit cards back then, so if one wsa opened, it was identity theft. Oh, what a mess.
Nothing exciting in my life to report on today, darn it, LOL
My cousin called recently to say that her sister, her sister's friend and she are coming to visit TX in October, so that is something to look forward to. I will go with them to travel on to south TX.
All medicare coverage is officially applied for, supplement applied for with Mutual of Omaha, yes, they had the best rates, thanks for the tips you gals, and I got the plan with the fullest coverage and, since I switched DH over to their plan, we got a 7% discount for a family. Gosh it is exciting getting old, haha. Seems that all supplemental insurance for medicare has to offer exactly the same coverage by law, it is just a matter of which plan you choose to the degree of coverage and which company has the best rate, and of course, is good to deal with. My doctors office said they loved dealing with Mutual of Omaha, which was a plus, and they did have the very best rate on the plan I wanted. Now, my only concern is the donut hole on meds which I am sure I will fall into, due to the high cost of my diabetic shots, so will have to see how that goes. Most of my other drugs are generics except for nexium, and nothing seems to work for my reflux like it does.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #222
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
I have an ice cream attachment for my Kitchen Aid which works well. Good to know about the glycerin. In the winter, I make "home made" body moisturizer by using J&J baby moisturizer (love the smell) and stir in about 2T of glycerin into it. Great because the glycerin pulls moisture from the air into the skin. Don't use in the summer though unless you live in Arizona!! Susan, Netrition sells glycerin.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 07:39 AM   #223
Always on, slightly off

Girls, when you "multi quote" how do you get it to show up? I highlight the little multi quote things but I don't know what to do past that.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #224

Hi everyone..

Buffy: What a nightmare for your ds..I hope his attorney friend can help him out..Keep us posted..

Yes, it is finally nice here..beautiful weather that makes you want to get outside and do something..

Glycerine is a miracle item..I got it at WalMart in the pharmacy section near the rubbing alcohol. It is a little bottle for around $4.00 and makes ice cream smooth and creamy instead of hard as a rock..

I like 5 Guys for an eating out burger place. The closest one is in Lawrence..Of course, homemade burgers are the bestest.

Chinese restaurant birthday party today with my exercise group.. I'll be careful and not eat too much.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #225

Cindy, to multi-quote you click the middle quote icon of each post you want to quote . Then when you're ready to actually type the replies you click on the post reply button and all the quotes show up. Then you just type in between the quotes to each person.

Do you use the KA for the moisturizer, lol. I thought you did when I first read that, lol. Great trick! I'll try to remember that. What's the ratio?

Buffy, that's scary about that CC company. I don't trust anybody anymore and I hate feeling that way but everytime you turn around you hear bad stuff.

Carolyn, it's not your BD is it? I'm not very good at keeping track of my online friends' birthdays. I guess I need to put those into my reminder calendar too though.

I've been super busy today. I got up at the crack of dawn. Thanks ketosis. Then I went to church, walked Bailey, roasted chili peppers and peeled them. Supervised DGS and his friend getting our old mattress and box springs out of here. Then I went to the grocery store for a few things. I hit the jackpot on meat today!! Woohooo. Then I went to the farmer's mkt and then to pick up some fresh eggs from a gal I found online. Then to BB&B to look around and then home. I feel very behind here but I've gotten a lot accomplished otherwise, lol.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #226
Princess Proofreader

Cleaned up the kitchen (again)

DD26 and DS21 and I are going to have to have words!

Buffy - so scary!!!

You all are making me want ice cream!
Old 08-25-2010, 01:46 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you gals for ideas where to get glycerine. I had my 4 mo check up at Drs yesterday and my A1c was 9.9...this is WITH Lantus insulin. Dr is adding fast acting insulin to bolus at meal times. Im thinking I was eating WAY more than a spoonful of daughters regular ice cream. :blush: It is extremely hard to stay away from~!! Gotta make a gallon of SF stuff.

Omaha was much cooler today, real pretty to sit out and have coffee on the porch.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:52 PM   #228

Hi ladies..

Sandy, No, it was my exercise owner's birthday..I am not eating much for dinner tonight..

Oh..Susie..yup, you need to get those sugars down..My Type 2 friend takes insulin at every meal and then a long lasting one at bedtime and it seems to work pretty well.

MK: Brett isn't too bad on the kitchen..really..He even takes the plates over and puts them in the dishwasher..However, making his bed is another story.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:00 PM   #229

Isn't this the cutest thing?
Old 08-25-2010, 04:12 PM   #230
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

OMG! So cute!!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:32 PM   #231

I love that cat..
Old 08-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #232

Yes, that's adorable!

Does anybody have one of those ice cream makers where you freeze the bowl? Ugh! Is there some magic trick to make this work right? It's like all the ice cream STICKS to the frozen sides and you can't get it out! I think this machine is going back unless I discover the magic. About an hour later we could finally pry the ice cream out. It was very tasty though. I used all half and half and splenda. I might go ask on the PG too.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #233
Always on, slightly off

I am an idiot. I have clicked on 2 quotes and they are now "red" but I can't get them to this message!

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 08-25-2010 at 07:15 PM..
Old 08-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

LOL! Now that made me giggle! TOO cute!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
I am an idiot. I have clicked on 2 quotes and they are now "red" but I can't get them to this message!
Im glad you said you cant do it, cause I cant either!!
Old 08-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
After you get the "red" quotes go down to the bottom of the page and hit the "post reply button" on the left side of the screen. Not the quick replay button. That should work for you.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:58 PM   #237
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
After you get the "red" quotes go down to the bottom of the page and hit the "post reply button" on the left side of the screen. Not the quick replay button. That should work for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by susique333 View Post
Im glad you said you cant do it, cause I cant either!!
Thanks for the good instructions, I never knew how to do that either. Kewllllll

Very cute kitty Carolyn.. Love him/her
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:33 AM   #238
Princess Proofreader

Morning!!

We're off to Milwaukee today and tomorrow to help DS21 move back to school!

Have a great day!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:38 AM   #239

Have fun and stay safe.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:05 AM   #240

Oh, Mary Kay..you will be doing "school" for a few more years..like 5? You are a professional school mom..

Another beautiful day..Time to dump my pool..and clean out the leaves..LOL..I did my syphon trick and got most of the water out.

Grumble..I'm at 149..and I know why..too many cheating carbs, so I am going to be good (does this sound like a broken record?)

Everyone enjoy the day.