Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 06:41 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
One thing I find I don't really like about eating this way is all the early morning energy. I wake up so early and can't get back to sleep. If I could channel all that energy to the time of day I'd really like it I'd like it so much better. Does anybody else get that energy burst? Maybe I'll actually get some stuff done around here though, lol.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #152

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Oh..little Bailey with all that fur..No wonder the pool felt good.

My exercise friends noticed my dark hair..I think it is a bit lighter than when I first did it.

It's that ketosis, Sandy. What time do you get up??
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:11 AM   #153

This morning I could only catnap after 5:30!! So I gave up a little before 8. I've only been back low carbing for 1 day! I can't imagine what time I'll be getting up after ketosis really kicks in, lol. I might get a lot done around here for a change.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #154
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Hello peeps.
Beautiful picture Sandy, beautiful white thick hair.
Ate something yesterday that gave me an upset tummy all day today, yuck.
Wow, we could sure use some rain here, my plants are beginning to look pretty bedraggled.
Life trudges onward.....
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 04:33 PM   #155

5:30??? I'm sure you will be tired today...or maybe not.

Oh..Buffy..I hate upset tummies..hope you are better..Hopefully our day of rain will head down south for you..My plants were grateful.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #156

Still pretty energetic, lol. Ugh!! Buffy, I hope you don't have that tummy bug I had last week. It lasted about 3-4 days and was NOT fun.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #157
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi,

Back to school? Usually our kids would be back now, but they are actually starting after Labor Day due to hot weather and school construction..Now, MK, this is his senior year, right?? Have you had his pictures taken???

Yep - senior year. We had his pics taken in June. Just waiting on them now. The proofs were pretty good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Well that's because I'm between touch ups right now. I think I'm way over due!!

it's gorgeous!! Though you might want to think about doing your eyebrows . . . . or shaving your legs . . . .
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:23 AM   #158

MK, I can only do one thing at a time!! Lol.

My eating is going well. I have my first big challenge tomorrow night. It's theater night with my GFs and we always meet for dinner first. I've decided if they choose a place that I don't feel like I can choose wisely I'll just meet them after dinner and go to the theater with them. Hopefully they'll choose a place I can find something at.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:38 AM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susique333
Stats: started at 230+ Type2 Diabetes Insulin
WOE: LOW CARB, higher fat
Start Date: summer 2007 RESTART May 2012
Morning gals! No time to post much with the kids back in school. I NEED to be on this site as it motivates me to stay on plan so am trying to work in 30 minutes or so a day.

Carolyn, hope the hair lightened up. I once had a stylist tell me that repeatedly washing hair in Prell would strip out a too dark of color. And will loosen a too tight a perm, too.

Mary, you and hubby look terrific!

Sandy, I seldom nap if Im in ketosis, I just love not having food coma all the time. Everytime I eat a substantial amound of carbs I feel sick.

Cindy, try putting the noodles in a food processor and "ricing" them. You wont notice the chewiness as much. I eat at least a bag of these per day! Last night daughter and I had browned hamburger, a little low carb spaghetti sauce and parm cheese over them, delish and filling!

Off to get groceries. Rained like heck yesterday, today its cool and cloudy.

223#s
susique333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:44 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Son and DIL took hub & I out to eat yesterday to let us know the ultrasound saw a little boy! Steph is 20 weeks.

Last edited by susique333; 08-18-2010 at 06:47 AM..
Old 08-18-2010, 07:42 AM   #161

Hi everyone..

Susie: Yup, back to school is a busy time..What a darling little grandson you are having.
Cute DIL, too..She looks very tiny.

Sandy: You can find something legal for sure at most restaurants I have found..Of course, I choose to eat the chips.. You can do it...

MK: Your last baby in school...your last year in high school..It is a big shock when you have no one attending the local schools..Glad the proofs were nice..We would love to see a picture..

Off to the library..catch you later.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:31 AM   #162

I never nap Susie but I would like to sleep at night, lol. I'll adjust. I actually did better last night and I was getting pretty lazy so waking up a little earlier is actually a good thing.

Carolyn, Yes, I can always find something at most restaurants but there's one they go to that it would cost me about $20+ to get something besides salad and I really don't care for their salads much. But I'll figure it out I'm sure b/c I love all the company and visiting before theater.

With all my DG children I've never really felt left out when it came time for school starting. I always keep track of their start days and vacation days, etc. Plus we always try to help with school supplies, clothes or whatever might be needed. I do remember how hard it was to get everything all at once for my kids and they always want special stuff that usually costs much more. I would've loved to have had the help back then. And now it's actually fun b/c all the pressure is off me, lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 08-18-2010, 09:28 AM   #163
Princess Proofreader

Susie - wow - ultrasounds are so much better than they used to be!!
Congrats!!

Carolyn - pics soon - promise!

Sandy - I keep hoping one of the kids would settle near here - but it's not looking good so far!
Old 08-19-2010, 04:47 AM   #164
Princess Proofreader

My DS17 is now 18!!

Old 08-19-2010, 07:00 AM   #165

to MK's baby!!

I actually slept late this a.m.!! So maybe my diet isn't going to ruin my rest. Or I might've just been tired from my workout and walk and work I did around here?

Tonight I have theater and dinner with the girls. I need to look up the menu where we're going. They did pick the place that's expensive to just get meat and veggies. It's great for pasta though, . I won't be having pasta!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #166
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning dear friends!
MK, Happy Birthday to your youngest, wow 18.
Susie, can't believe the ultrasound pictures of today. When they first started doing those I could never make anything out.
Talked to my DS last night and he said DDIL had "popped", he said all of a sudden, she really popped and was showing a lot. He said wow, she is BIG. I said, Michael, you must never say that word to her, LOL. He said, Oh, I know Mom, I want to breathe, haha. She didn't feel good at all the first several months and it was very touchy at their house, he is so happy she is finally feeling better.

Well, we are going into the last half of August and by the end of Aug., we know it will start cooling down, so I feel like the worst is over. The summer really has flown by but wow, such a hot one.

DGS 10 came yesterday, since it was the last summer day at Mema's before school starts on Monday, we went out for our end of summer lunch blast. Had a fun time, then went by the school to pick up his books. Going into middle school, I was kind of worried since he is so young for his grade, but I saw some other kids that looked pretty young too, so maybe it will be fine. Such a variance between some of the kids from the time they enter 6th grade to when they are in 8th that you worry more about them there. He seems fine with it all though and I am sure he will be fine. He just goes with the flow and seems to get along well with other kids.

Getting some great pictures from DD#2 and her family while they are in Hawaii, the little 2 are loving the beach. I love it there too.

Boy, I am really enjoying my short haircut, it is so comfortable and so easy to do. By the time I get my makeup done, it is almost dry, so I just blow dry it a little with a round brush and it is done, so easy and so cool.

Office work today.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #167

My BFF got her hair cut shorter too. Not as short as yours Buffy but it sure makes me start thinking about it. I've made it through the summer though growing mine out so I hope I can hold on until our winter vacation. At least then I can pull it all up off my neck and not worry about it getting wet in the pool, etc. My hair is very coarse and very thick and it takes forever to dry!! That's what is so appealing about really short hair for me. I've had it real short before and it's so easy to take care of. Of course, DH likes it better long. Men!!!
Old 08-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #168
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, my DH is one of the few men who do not care for long hair, he is always happy when I cut mine short. Win/win. I like longer hair but since mine is so fine, it is hard to get it to look nice and full.

Carolyn, I keep forgetting to ask you if the Clinque stuff for age spots worked well for you? I have tried at least 4-5 expensive brands and they don't do anything, or at least I don't think they do. Maybe without them the spots would be black by now and huge, but they just don't seem to fade at all. I think I have just wasted my money on all these magic potions.
The only one I have that really bothers me is on my nose, looks like I have a dirt spot on my nose all the time, the others I can live with, especially when I see how bad some other women have them.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #169

Hi ladies,

MKay...no more minors in your house..Hope your ds18 had a great day.. Do you make a special cake or dessert for him?

Buffy: I do think the Clinque stuff helped a bit, then I got lazy and didn't use it..LOL..Typical of me, but I will try to be regular with the use and see what happens.

Yup, Sandy..Those dh's and their long hair..Well, dh is sort of the same, but he doesn't have to wash it, etc.., so he doesn't say much..Have fun with theater and the girls..Which play are you seeing?

Old 08-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #170

We're seeing Putnam County Spelling Bee. It's gotten great reviews. I know we'll enjoy it.
DH is ok with me having short hair, he just likes it better longer. He always is a perfect diplomat and says "no matter how you wear your hair, it always looks great". Lolol. Ya, right!! Right now it's in a ponytail wound on top of my head with a claw clip holding it, Ha! He's been a great learner through the years, huh?
Old 08-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #171
Princess Proofreader

Sandy - I LOVE that play! You'll really enjoy it!

Carolyn - yeah - get on that Clinque stuff! You're our marker!!

We ARE having pasta tonight - at least the rest of the family is - I'm having shirataki noodles. Dessert is cookies and cream ice cream.
Old 08-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #172

I loved that play...so much..We saw it in Chicago and they picked Shawn (my sinlaw) to be one of the spellers from the audience..He had to spell Mexican (and really spell it right), and Beth was holding her breath that he got it right..LOL..
Old 08-20-2010, 06:00 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Morning gals, happy Friday!! It is raining like crazy in Omaha as I type.

Carolyn, DIL (5' 0") weighed 90 pounds when she conceived, she has gained 20# so far and is 20 weeks. Told her good girl!

Well, I obviously have not been doing very well dieting, just thanking the lord Ive not gained. Made ChocChip cookies for the school kids yesterday. <sigh>

Mary Kay, last night I had my yummy noodles with browned Italian sausage in roasted pepper sauce. I cant get enough of these things!
Old 08-20-2010, 06:35 AM   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I loved that play...so much..We saw it in Chicago and they picked Shawn (my sinlaw) to be one of the spellers from the audience..He had to spell Mexican (and really spell it right), and Beth was holding her breath that he got it right..LOL..
Did he say "capital M"? Our gal didn't and I was surprised she got a "correct".

I'm so glad I wasn't chosen to go up there but if I'd gotten the word "Lysergicaciddiethylamide" I would've spelled it "LSD" just for the fun of it. But I don't think the gal who was up there knew that's what it was. The whole play was quite a vocabulary lesson. I think we all liked it but it wasn't our fave. Dixie Swim Club has been our favorite of all! If you get a chance to see that one, do.

I was perfect with my eating so I'm very proud of myself. I got grilled tilapia with sauteed swiss chard and it was on a bed of wilted romaine with light vinegarette. The fish was overdone. But I still ate it b/c I was hungry!!
Old 08-20-2010, 06:59 AM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning peeps.
I hate to be pulled up on stage at anything, I just freeze, probably couldn't have spelled cat correctly at that point. Yay for doing good at diiner Sandy, it is hard when you are trying to be extra good and you go out with friends.
Yes, Carolyn, you are our tester of the spot stuff, don't be lazy now, LOL. I do the same thing, my counter and cabinets (plus the overflow in my closet) is filled with all these amazing beauty products and I do real good most of the time, but then I get lazy and just swipe my face with one of those cleansing wipes and throw some cream on before bed, or once in awhile super lazy and don't even wash my face before bed. Secretly I wonder at times if any of it makes any difference, but I really do think it does, just not the super results all the products promise.
Got a 2 minute heat shower here yesterday, I just stood in the door to the patio and smelled the rain, it was welcome but far too brief.
Have a great day everyone........
Old 08-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #176

Hi ladies,

Just got back from a nice funeral..She was an 86 year old spunky gal. There were going to be 125 at the family dinner, so I just had to make some food as I am off the committee that serves and plans.

I'm back to using my stuff..I will be diligent my friends.

I have never seen Dixie Swim Club, but will look for it. Shawn was up on stage for quite a while..We were laughing so hard..

Susie: Chocolate Chip cookies??? Nommie..and you haven't gained, so that is good..
After you get normalized with school kids, you will get back on track for sure.

Buffy: I totally you agree with the beauty product stuff..I have tons of it..;( I am like my mother..LOL..
Old 08-20-2010, 10:47 AM   #177
Princess Proofreader

I've never heard of Dixie Swim Club!
I'll have to Google it.

I have tons of beauty stuff too. It's so much fun to try new things!
(for a little while anyway!)

We we saw Spelling Bee, one of the audience member refused to quit spelling it correctly!
It was so funny that even the cast was laughing. I guess she was a former librarian and didn't think it would look good if she missed!
Old 08-20-2010, 11:10 AM   #178

Ya one of ours spelled something correctly that they thought she would miss. That's when he gave her the LSD name. I wonder if a librarian could spell that?
Old 08-21-2010, 05:15 AM   #179
Princess Proofreader

I'm sure she'd try!

What's up for everyone today?
Finally some rain last night - great thunder and lightening storm.

A friend is going mountain climbing in CO and filled up the back of his SUV with stuff for DD23!! So exciting! She'll be happier in her new place with her own stuff.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:57 AM   #180

We had rain storms last night too. It was much needed! I'm sure your DD will be thrilled to get her own stuff and how nice of your friend. Saves you a long trip or expensive shipping charges.

IDK what we're doing today. We have the 2 granddogs along with ours so if it doesn't get too hot too quick we might take them all on a walk. That's a sight to see, lol. Three little white Eskies; 2 on a yoke leash and one on a separate leash and they all run ahead like they're pulling a dog sled, lol. They love it though. I'd take them out to the park and let them run but the youngest one doesn't like to come when called.

I stayed within some limits on my eating yesterday and it's paying off. Imagine that, lol. I did have a few beers but I had Mich Ultra and only 1 chip!!!! at the Mexican restaurant. Even though no bells or whistles went off to mark the occasion, it was still amazing. Lolol.