Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 05:49 AM   #31
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Sandy - that sounds so yummy - IF I was eating!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2010, 09:20 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

No eating, MK? Sorry about your cold. WOOW on your weight loss..

Sandy: I wish we could get fresh scallops here..I love them alot..They go
south really quickly if I find them at B'ville or they are south when I buy them..
Don't worry about your hat..You need your head covered in CA and at the beach..I bet it will look great in Mexico, too.

Yes, Buffy, supposedly he will know by Friday. I read in the paper that
Boeing will be moving from Long Beach, CA to OKCity the beginning of next year and will need lots of engineers..So, if he is in the area, something may come up with them at a later date..

Need to get a haircut..My hdresser will tease me as I haven't colored my hair and am due..But, I don't want to pay her prices for a color..NOT..If I was blonde, it might be different..

Anyone see Tony Robbins show last night??? Very good.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:08 PM   #33

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I buy my scallops frozen at Aldi of all places and they are sashimi grade and wonderful. But they only have them once or twice a year. I stock up when they get them. $6.99 a pound I believe and worth every cent. Lol. They have great shrimp too. All of their fish really is good.

I bought a highlighting kit yesterday!! Not blond; chestnut colored. Maybe it'll let me go longer between root touch ups.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #34

Oh...we have an Aldi's in B'ville..I should look the next time we are down there.
Are you doing the highlights yourself?? Let me know how it goes..

Got the old pickup back..The one that broke down twice..It was wierd cuz the towing was
$350, we got the check for the towing and it was $350 and the new fuel pump was around
$350..LOL.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:29 PM   #35
Princess Proofreader

Carolyn - God works in mysterious ways! Plus, you really didn't want that money, right?!

Sandy - I never would have thought of Aldi for fish!

I did finally buy some drugs for my cold and I feel a little better.

I also got to visit with my Goddaughter and her new baby!

Old 08-04-2010, 03:09 PM   #36

So does that make you a grandgodmother MK? Lol.

All the fish is frozen but it's all good.
Old 08-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #37
Princess Proofreader

LOL! Yeah, I think it does!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:28 PM   #38

Gee I need to look around for a Goddaughter to adopt, too.. What a cute picture of lovely ladies.. Glad you are medicated MK..
Old 08-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning peeps.
Welcome back MK, we missed you. And wow, congrats on not gaining on vacation but losing, now that is awesome!!!
Beautiful picture of you, your Goddaughter and baby.
Sandy, I look silly in my hat too but I don't care, it shades my face, ears and back of my neck and I do not need anymore sun exposure on this old face of mine. I will see if I can find a picture of have DH take one of me in it, but it is just a round, cloth flopping hat that you can kind of bend one way or another. Plus, I don't think it is good on colored hair to have lots of harsh sun beating down on it and God knows, I pay a fortune for the hair color, LOL.
Your scallops sound good Sandy and I am not much of a fish eater. I used to get the best orange roughy at Albertsons, it was in the case like it was fresh but it had been frozen, I finally got to asking them just to give me some that was still frozen since I was going home to put it in my freezer usually.
Today I have to run a couple of errands and just work around the house, it is messy from me not picking up things for a couple of days, funny how fast I can mess my own house up.
Got my medicare card the other day and got it laminated, I am so proud of it, har har har. I am proud because it will save me almost $600 a month on health insurance, worth being old for, right??? Especially since I don't have a choice anyway, might as well reap the rewards. Now, I have to decide on a Plan D plan, I am thinking I will go with ARRP, they sound like they have a pretty good plan and they have lots of power to get things done with the government, whatever that is worth.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #40

Buffy: Yeah, for you..I would laminate my card when I get it, too..4 more years..It is hard to decide which plan to go with..Some of my friends went with Mutual of Omaha..Can't remember what Betty (minlaw) had, but she paid nothing extra..

Brett found the boxing club in town and is going to work out with the guys..It is for poor kids, so maybe he can encourage some of them..

Was 148 this morning, so I'm watching my intake..LOL..
Old 08-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, do you think your DH would remember which one Betty had? Paying nothing extra sounds good with my BP and diabetes, plus the CV malformations I have in my head.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #42

Oh..yes, he would for sure..She didn't have diabetes, but you could call the company and find out what it covers..It was her supplemental, not the medication plan..

Just found some papers..Banker's Life and Casualty in Chicago, IL was her supplemental insurance.

Last edited by CarolynF; 08-05-2010 at 11:35 AM..
Old 08-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #43

My dad has Humana Gold for his supplemental. He pays a very small premium and low copays at Dr. and hospital. Meds vary but are discounted too. You might check into that one too.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #44

Good luck, Buffy..You can find something that will work for you..

The boys went out to DQ for a blizzard..I stayed home and watched So You ...Dance and BostonMed, my favorite.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:41 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks gals, I will look at both of those.

I have ruled out BCBS, which I now have, as they do not cover 2 of my non-generic meds on their medicare supplemental insurance. Since DH is older, you would think I would have already researched all of this but he is so healthy and has VA, so we just took the very cheapest supplemental policy on him we could find, and, he isn't even on medicare D yet, which is the prescription part.

Today is hopefully the day Brett hears about his job, let us know.

Took the grandkitten to see DD#2 and the 2 little grandchildren yesterday. DGS is 2 and the baby is now 7 months, they were so tickled that Mema came to see them and brought a Keke along, the baby just giggled when she watched him, and the little boy loves to play with kittens. When I got ready to go I told Bobby that Mema had better take the kitten and go home and he said "Bobby go home with Mema too?", oh, it melted my heart. Wish they were just a little closer so it was easier to run back and forth, it is 45 minutes to an hour depending on traffic, which isn't that bad but still not handy to just have them run over for a little bit.

Their nanny is pregnant, they have heard from their cleaning lady, the nanny hasn't told them this yet but she is starting to show. Not sure why she hasn't told them yet, I suppose she is afraid she will lose her job, they are not sure what is going to happen. Drama

Well, there is a new Real Housewives on, this one is the housewives of DC and if I got this right, one of them is the lady who, along with her husband, crashed that state dinner at the white house???? This might prove to be very interesting.

Watched the finale of Bethany Getting Married, she was one of the Real HW's of NY, who ended up with her own show, it showed her fallling in love, getting married at 7 months pregnant and having her baby, it was a sweet show and I loved it, hope they come back this fall with more on their lives but it didn't say they would. Beautiful little baby girl.

4 more months until my son and his wife have their first, then I am going to have to start making more trips to Austin, my life just gets busier rather than any sitting around knitting in a rocking chair, my kiddos keep me hopping!

Have a great day everyone
Old 08-06-2010, 06:44 AM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

BTW, isn't it ironic, in the old days, a girl that got pregnant was sent away in hiding to have the baby, and often encouraged to give it up, now a woman gets pregnant, has her own tv show, gets married in a lavish affair at 7 months and we all think it is normal, which, in reality, I guess it kind of is.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:40 AM   #47

LOL, Buffy..Yes, the world certainly has changed, huh?

We are hoping to hear today about B's job, but the man is on vacation and I can't understand why he said he would call him this day..If he hears, it will be a miracle, we think.. God is good at miracles.

All those wonderful children around you, Buffy..and a grandkitty to boot..how wonderful.

Yes, I was wondering how the other ladies would like the party crasher on the DC show..
Old 08-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #48
Princess Proofreader

Old 08-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #49

Hi all,
Busy day here but don't feel like I really did much. Nothing you can see anyway. I took Bailey for a long walk since it was cooler this a.m. and then headed to the gym. My soreness has dissipated; I wonder if it will return now. Then got groceries, did a load of laundry and then headed to the pool. Tomorrow we are going to try another day at the lake. I hope the boat does wonderful for my DSIL's sake. Plus, I'd really love to spend a day on the boat and enjoy the lake. It seems like it's almost the end of summer since the kiddos will be heading back to school next week.

Any news from Brett yet?

Buffy, sounds like you had a wonderful day visiting the babies.

We found out the "due date" today. March 25. Maybe she'll wait 5 days and give me a birthday surprise. That would sure be nice but by then I'm sure she'd rather not be overdue. Now if they could just get a TV show and a bunch of sponsors they'd have it made just like Bethenny, right? I do love that show. I like her better on this show than on NY H-wives.

I watched DCHW and I don't know if it's going to get me hooked. It seems like everytime they add a city of wives they get meaner and cattier. Anybody else see that?

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 08-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #50

Had Mexican tonight.. Chips, of course..Have to be good the rest of the weekend..

Brett didn't get any call today..Well, the man was on vacation all week long and when he told Brett "Friday" of this week, I don't think he was thinking..So, hopefully, he will hear the beginning of next week..His job search is on hold I guess until he hears from him.

Oh...March 25th is exciting and a bit late for some snow storms, so that is good..

Yes, I think they look for mean HW's..
Old 08-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #51

I can be mean if they pay me lots of money!!! Lol.

"Real Housewives at the Pool in Johnson County", lololo.

Keeping my fingers crossed that Brett gets good news.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #52
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post

"Real Housewives at the Pool in Johnson County", lololo.

Fingers crossed for Brett!!
Old 08-07-2010, 06:58 AM   #53

Hi ladies..

AKKK...gained 2 pounds of Mexican salt/chips..;( So, back on plan..If I don't weigh everyday, crazy things happen in my life..LOL.

Thanks for all your positive thoughts for our guy..Our cell service stinks at home and I think we need to change to US Cellular (like our neighbors) so we can get calls here.
Brett depends on his cell phone, so we need to change it without changing numbers.
Has anyone done this???

Dianne and I are doing some WW calls this morning..It's raining, but we are tough..
Old 08-07-2010, 08:04 AM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning
I haven't changed companies Carolyn, but my friend in Iowa has US Cellular and her reception is pretty good. I have AT&T which is good right around here but I get in parts of the country where it isn't good at all. Once we close our business we plan on going to cell phones only, so I hope they improve some of this by then.

You know 2 lbs of salt/chips is just fluid, but, it never hurts to get back on plan.

We had a brief storm move through here last evening, did a little damage right north of us but we just got a teeny bit of rain. Heat storms.

Must work in office today, must work in office today, have run around too much this week and my desk is piled high again, not sure what might be lurking under the piles of papers that needs to be paid, etc. And, some laundry of course.

Very hot again today. Haven't walked since Tuesday, one of my ankles got very sore, I think from walking along uneven surfaces and I had to let up on it the past several days. It feels good enough today I am going to take it out for a test walk.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:43 AM   #55
Princess Proofreader

Old 08-07-2010, 10:44 AM   #56
Princess Proofreader

It's been a little hectic around here!

Carolyn - I gained a pound yesterday too.
So I'm trying to be really good today!

Buffy - same thing here. We have At&T and some places are better than others!
Old 08-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #57

I love your chart, MK..So true for some of our youth, I'm afraid..

We are heading to US Cellular in a few minutes.. Gary liked AT&T when he travelled overseas, but that is few and far between now..Although, he could keep AT&T and ds could have US Cellular..

Did 4 WW calls this morning and then out for a salad lunch at the Pizza place..Well deserved lunch..HOT..HOT.

Hope you are all doing great and keeping cool.

One man who is on the Paleo Plan..a doctor said he has just coffee and 5 Tbs. of heavy
cream for breakie..I tried this and it was fine..
Old 08-08-2010, 05:20 AM   #58

Hi..

Inching down on the scale..So hopefully, by the end of the week I'll be back to 147..

Let's hope it is cooler wherever we are..Gary and Brett finished my little deck..It looks very nice..I put my old pool up yesterday because it is bigger than the little one I bought. At least I can float around on my lounger and not touch each side of the pool..LOL..
Old 08-08-2010, 06:57 AM   #59
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

I'd probably be down today too if I hadn't eaten the deep fried brownie last night!
Fair Food can kill you!
Why do we Midwesterners think we can fry anything ~ Twinkies, Snickers, pickles . . . .

Carolyn - I'm glad your deck is finally finished!! Pictures?
Old 08-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #60

The lake was fun yesterday but today I'm totally wiped out! I guess I'm getting too old for a whole day of major fun, lol.

I've switched cell phone carriers and kept my phone number and it was fine. We have Sprint. It's got the best rates with the most features and we get great service everywhere......except inside our house, lol. When our kids go to Sturgis they're the only ones with coverage if that helps. My DGD's friend has Verizon and she always has coverage too. I think it's important to really look closely at their coverage maps before you decide.