Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2010, 03:50 PM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
CA. I can almost feel the sand between my toes and the "cool" breezes in my hair. Not out of an oven like we have here right now. Lol. I wish Brett the best of luck with his interviews.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #182
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFiddle View Post
Hi everybody, I'm not gone but it's been a busy heavy week with a friend's mom's funeral yesterday, which we had to put music together for and he was so overwhelmed. It was a good cathartic funeral and a very good after-party.

I bought miracle noodles this morning! Can't wait for them to arrive.

Buffy I know Texas heat! Not sure where Lewisville is, but I'll look it up tonight when I get home from teaching.

Sue I know a guy who had Bell's palsy as a kid. He told me because his symptoms are still obvious although slight. Good luck! Like you say, this could be the very wakeup call your dh has been waiting for.

I temporarily stopped putting my food in ****** - it's always 2000 calories, of course I won't lose weight on that. I figure over the next week or so I'll be ready to start pulling in the calories.

I'm so glad to be here.
JJ, which ones did you get? I just got an order in of the orzo and am going to try to use it as a rice substitute. I am not fond of the texture of the noodles but many do use them. I will interested to see your response.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #183

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Cindy: I had the orzo ones, too..They are rather rubbery compared to the House brand made with tofu.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 04:19 PM   #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
CA. I can almost feel the sand between my toes and the "cool" breezes in my hair. Not out of an oven like we have here right now. Lol. I wish Brett the best of luck with his interviews.
Sounds wonderful..Sand and cool breezes..

Beth and her dh are at the Cape, so I'm hoping they are enjoying the sand, too.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #185

Sounds great! You know me, any beach is fine by me, lol. Don't ask me how I ended up smack dab in the middle of this country.
Old 07-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susique333
Stats: started at 230+ Type2 Diabetes Insulin
WOE: LOW CARB, higher fat
Start Date: summer 2007 RESTART May 2012
Sorry if I dont comment on everyones posts. Tired down to my socks. Hubby has apnea and it was discovered that for the 8 hours of fitful sleep at the hospital (they wouldnt let him get up if he woke up), he quits breathing on the average about every 4 minutes. CPAP here we come. We have always had fans when we sleep and the Dr said it is a continuous noise not unlike a fan, so i think we both will do ok! It is on order, he may get it tomorrow. Add that to the Bells Palsy and our 24 yr old, patched together A/C unit that died ...it has not been a good week. I swear I will be in a better mood tomorrow.

223#s
susique333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:16 AM   #187
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JJFiddle
Stats: 202/202/140
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: 4/6/10
Night Owl Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi Judy: Ohh..sorry to hear about your friend's mom...Funerals can be healing, I think.

Are you maintaining on 2000 calories? For your weight, it would be 10 times your weight to maintain..

I don't know.. since losing all the excess weight from 2002 - 2003 and maintaining it till 2005 on a 12 step no sugar/no flour diet, then steadily gaining till I left that program in 2007 (maintenance didn't work), and just following Weston A Price (up to 225 lbs!) through last summer, then going back on that low cal no sugar/flour diet from Aug thru Jan, losing 40 then gaining back 15 -- well, my body doesn't know whether it's coming or going. I feel better this last 10 days doing this. Getting used to the carb restrictions, not sure what you mean by "would be 10x your weight to maintain." I feel like I'm going to need to restrict calories quite a bit more. No flour/sugar was definitely a step in the right direction but I feel intuitively that the high fat is health-protective and love Barry's books.

Sue you've just been dumped on by the universe, I can't imagine that this week would do anything but overload you! Hope you can get some rest and that your hubby feels better soon.

Cindy I ordered the angel hair pasta. They make you get 10 packages. That will give me time to check out shirataki noodles in stores and see if I can find them. Our area is crammed full of H-Marts and other asian groceries so I'm hoping I can find some variety in them.
JJFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:21 AM   #188
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning friends!
Oh Sandy, glad you are about ready to go get your beach fix, I know how much you love it. I used to color my own hair when it was one color and dark, but when I started going lighter, I had to have help or I am sure it would have turned out green or orange. My oldest sis has let hers go gray and it is a very pretty silver gray but mine is the mousy brown/gray that is NOT pretty.
Sue, let us know how he does on the CPAP, I am sure both DH and I would have them if we had the sleep study, we both snore. The more restful sleep sounds great.
Judy, Lewisville is the Dallas area, we are a burb.
My company left about 30 minutes ago, it went by so fast. Never feel like I get to spend enough time with DD#1 since she doesn't live around here, are visits go way to fast and we seldom have any time alone to just relax and visit but one of these days, we will maybe get to take a trip together. Now that my DGD is going to college and DGS will be in college in a year. But, we sure had a fun week and as always, love having DGD here, she is a sweetie and her friend was just as nice. DGS didn't get to come this year b/c he is playing the drums in the community musical, Menopause the Musical, LOL. 16 YO boy, with that cast, it has been pretty funny. They have a 10 hour drive ahead of them.
Still reading my newest diet book, Plan-D. It is no sugar, no white flour, no processed foods so I am anxious to get to the part where it lists what you actually are to eat and get my shopping done so I can try it. Probably not much different than the other LC plans, but I always do better when I can try something new. You can have sprouted breads so hoping it is better than doing really low carb as far as my diabetic meds go.
Have a great day everyone.
Fingers crossed for Brett!!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #189
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Hi Judy: Ohh..sorry to hear about your friend's mom...Funerals can be healing, I think.
Now how did you know her name is Judy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Sounds great! You know me, any beach is fine by me, lol. Don't ask me how I ended up smack dab in the middle of this country.
Me too! I love the coast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susique333 View Post
..it has not been a good week. I swear I will be in a better mood tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFiddle View Post
not sure what you mean by "would be 10x your weight to maintain." I
I think she means if you want to maintain at 120, you'd eat 1200 calories, 150 would be 1500, etc.

I just found the shirataki noodles here. They're fabulous! I can't believe i've missed them all my life!!

Carolyn - Did Brett like the place? Does he think he wants the job?

I'm off to play in St Louis this weekend!!
See you all Monday morning!
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:24 AM   #190
Princess Proofreader

Hi Buffy!!
Old 07-16-2010, 08:32 AM   #191
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Now how did you know her name is Judy?

Carolyn is a clairvoyant!
Old 07-16-2010, 10:51 AM   #192

Hi ladies..

Susie: I'm sure your dh will sleep like a baby..That is good news on the CPAP..

Sandy: I love the beach, too..We love the Maine beaches as they aren't as hot as down south.. Went to NC in June..that sand was like fire..I saw on the
KC news that they were looking for that man in Shawnee Misssion Lake..Do they think he was abducted??? So sad..

MK: JJ wrote her name once..and believe or not, I remembered it..LOL..
Brett hasn't gone down for his "real" interview yet in OKCity..They are going to call him when they set it up as his schedule is totally OPEN..Hopefully, he got his suit to the cleaners as well as a couple of dress shirts.

Buffy: Plan-D....Keep us posted. I'm anxious to hear how your dr.s appointment went.

Judy: My doctor told me for women who aren't athletes..LOL that 10 times your weight would maintain your weight in calories. Too many calories will make you gain, even if it's lowcarb..;( So, I try to keep calories around 1300 a day and I can maintain on that..

Cindy: How are the horses doing in this hot weather????

Dh is leaving for NC next week..So, I'm washing and ironing..Although I do think that Mr. Steamy helps keep the clothes slightly less wrinkled..Go Mr. Steamy.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Hi girlies. New A/C is in, to the tune of $3,600 BUT my house is COOL!!! Hubby and I have been so snippy to each other in this heat which is not usual for us. Hopefully we can have a somewhat normal weekend. JJ, this has been quite the week, we must be burning off Karma like crazy! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Old 07-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #194

Yeah for the AC..Did you get a totally new unit? You might find your electric bills are cheaper, too..
Old 07-16-2010, 03:03 PM   #195
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Cindy: How are the horses doing in this hot weather????
My horses are Thoroughbreds which were bred to dissipate heat easily. They have to really bundle up in the winter.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:13 PM   #196

I'm not sure what they're thinking about the missing man here. I hear that the police don't think any crime has been committed? My heart just breaks for the family. I can't imagine the not knowing. They haven't found anything yet in the lake as far as I know.

I was just wondering today how you liked Mr. Steamy. So you think it's worth buying?

Buffy, I'm switiching my color to a lighter brown so hopefully I'll end up looking highlighted. I wish I'd never even started coloring! It's an ongoing chore that I hate. And I hate going someplace to get it done b/c it seems to take forever!

Well gals, I'll try to check in while I'm gone but if I don't have fun w/o me, lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 07-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yeah for the AC..Did you get a totally new unit? You might find your electric bills are cheaper, too..
We got an Amana 3.5 Ton (total package was Acoil, ductwork, serviceman call yesterday, etc) it looks miniature compared to that monster that they just hauled away. We used to not be able to hold a conversation out on the deck when that monstrosity turned on, LOUD! This one is a whisper!! Im probably letting cool air out of the house cause I keep going out to look at it! The serviceman said our summer electric bill will probably go down 40%!!

Last edited by susique333; 07-16-2010 at 04:33 PM..
Old 07-17-2010, 08:25 AM   #198

Hi gang,

My dd's pictures on Facebook look like they are having a great time in Cape Cod..Sandy..you and your dh need to try the East Coast beaches sometime..
Cape Cod is very quaint and fun..

Yes, those horses don't have alot of fat on them..like the KS cows who stand outside in snowstorms..I feel sorry for them, don't you?

Well, I got my Mr. Steamy at Wallies for $15.00..I think it is okay, I think. I'd give it a B..The key is to get the clothes out right when they are dry..no sitting around in the dryer..

Still working on the mini-deck..I have to go help dh in a little while. I might be able to fit my pool on this week when he is gone if we get a few more boards done..Of course it is HOT..

Susie: It is so nice to have a quiet air conditioner..I never thought of the noise factor as ours is away from the deck..You guys need to be nice and cool. Ours went out about 3 years ago, so we got both and air and a furnace as ours were really old.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:42 AM   #199
Always on, slightly off

I am going to my family reunion next week up in Minnesota and I'm going to meet one of my LCF's friends. Lisa46 lives about 25 miles from where I'm going to be so we are going to have dinner. Kinda cool, huh! Reminds me of when Carolyn, Sandy and I met up. Hopefully Lisa46 isn't a 53 year male serial killer!

At least she posts her picture though! What weirdo is SHE going to meet behind the mottled cat avitar!!

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 07-17-2010 at 08:44 AM..
Old 07-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
I am going to my family reunion next week up in Minnesota and I'm going to meet one of my LCF's friends. Lisa46 lives about 25 miles from where I'm going to be so we are going to have dinner. Kinda cool, huh! Reminds me of when Carolyn, Sandy and I met up. Hopefully Lisa46 isn't a 53 year male serial killer!

At least she posts her picture though! What weirdo is SHE going to meet behind the mottled cat avitar!!
LOL!! I laughed out loud at this. Too cute! have a good time!!
Old 07-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post

Have lots of fun..I hope MN is cooler for you...Now, when are you meeting your unknown brother???
Old 07-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #202

Pool is filling even as we speak..The deck is almost done, so I hope it holds the water..
Old 07-17-2010, 06:45 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Pool is filling even as we speak..The deck is almost done, so I hope it holds the water..
Yippee! It will feel so good when you finally get to get in! Pictures?? Our pool is warm as bath water, going thru chlorine like crazy. We get rains so often and then we have to shock it everytime it does. But the tradeoff is so worth it!
Old 07-18-2010, 01:34 PM   #204

I will have to take a picture with my phone and send it to my dh and he will send it to my email.

Well, my blowup lounge chair just fits in my pool.. I went out for a little while after church and it was very nice cooling off..That is the only way you can stand this hot weather..There will be shade in the morning and late afternoon.

Dh left for Ashville, NC for a couple of days then onto GA and FL.

Susie: Is your dh sleeping better with his CPAP? or does he not have it yet?
Old 07-18-2010, 07:01 PM   #205
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Drive by hello. Busy weekend.
Dr. appt. went well, saw his PA whom I really like, she is easy to talk to. She let me switch over to the new Victoza, another companies version of Byettta shots but you only have to take it once a day versus twice a day and my stepson works for that company. Dr. said they have been very pleased with it and didn't hesitate to switch me over. I have another month of byetta to use up before I switch though.
Met some friends at the casino this weekend, we had a great time and I even won a little.
Usual week coming up but on Thurs. we go to Austin for a job and I get to see DS and DDIL and, they are finding out on Friday if it is a boy or a girl. DS's 34th birthday is today and hers was July 4th so we will go out for a birthday dinner as well.
BB tomorrow!
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:09 PM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Lisa46
Stats: 164/117/128 -- 5'4"
WOE: LC with balance
Start Date: Recommitted 4-18-06
Hi. It's me...Kevin The Serial Killer!

I've always wanted to post here with all you EFGT'ers...now that my buddy, Cin, has so accurately introduced me, I thought I would show up. Anyone know what's behind that mottled cat avatar??? I'm a little bit afraid to find out...
Lisa46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #207
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa46 View Post

I've always wanted to post here with all you EFGT'ers...now that my buddy, Cin, has so accurately introduced me, I thought I would show up. Anyone know what's behind that mottled cat avatar??? I'm a little bit afraid to find out...
Old 07-18-2010, 08:11 PM   #208
Princess Proofreader

I'm back!
I spent waaaaay too much money!

What did I miss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa46 View Post

Welcome Kevin!!

Old 07-18-2010, 08:29 PM   #209
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JJFiddle
Stats: 202/202/140
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: 4/6/10
Haha, what a hoot reading this! I haven't been taking notes or trying too hard to remember who's who, just letting it sink in little by little. Love the Lisa46 joke Cindy, that's hilarious!

I have a cheesecake in the oven from the recipe section. Think it's called Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake. Don't know how it will be tomorrow night when I get to try it but tasting it before putting it in the oven, it was amazing! I'm using Z-Sweet (Erythritol) which is my favorite non-stevia sweetener. So granulated, mmm!

Thanks for clarifying the 10x calories = maintenance weight. I'd never heard that before! It makes perfect sense. Does it include calories needed to lose to that weight? Like if I want to end up at 130 (for instance) I should eat 1300 calories and eventually it will just turn into maintenance? I've lost on lots of diets but only high fat makes sense to transition to maintenance on.

Everybody's traveling so much, your trip to MN sounds great Carolyn. So cool up there.

Buffy, I went to school at North Texas (about a hundred years ago), I should remember Lewisville shouldn't I? duh.
All my exes live in Texas, too, one of them in the Dallas area, but on the east side. Rowlette I think.

Hope you all have a great week. Can't believe it's almost Monday again already.
JJFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 08:01 AM   #210
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Have lots of fun..I hope MN is cooler for you...Now, when are you meeting your unknown brother???
I need to look at my schedule and just pick a day. He's only 4 hours away. Carolyn, I love your latest Cheezeburger post!

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 07-19-2010 at 08:02 AM..