Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

Nice to see you, Shon..Your poor family..Hopefully, your sister will be in a more peaceful environment..Sad about that young woman..what a nightmare for the family.

My friend Linda and her dh got here and the campground in town was flooded, so they parked their 32 foot camper at Wallies and drove their car over to our house..We went out to Italian and it was good..Then we to see their camper..Very nice..everything you would want in a little apartment..But it gets 7 miles to the gallon..not so hot, huh? They only travel 200 miles each day and just stop for the night and then go on..Of course, they will spend more time in Wyoming, etc..CO..Listen to this: Her dad was 62 when she was born and her mom was 44. Her grandfather fought in the Civil War..amazing, huh? She is only 61. They stayed at our house, of course and we had lots of fun..

Get this: Dd29 and her dh left KC to go to Cape Cod..They are flying on the
free tickets from last year's vacation when they took a later flight..Well today they got another $800 of free airfare by taking a later flight to Boston..They will get in around 9 p.m.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2010, 03:38 PM   #152

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
How cool is that!!! Score!!! Do they hassle them when they make their res. with the free status like they do for frequent flier miles? I canceled my FF credit cards b/c I got so frustrated trying to find the free tickets. So our trip this summer is the last of the FF flights. From now on I just get cash back on my AMEX card and buy a cheap ticket. Much easier.

Is Linda the friend who moved away last year back with her DH? Sounds like she's enjoying herself.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:51 PM   #153
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Carolyn, I meant to ask you, was your pic of Alex in your avitar on the Cheezebuger website?
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Carolyn, I meant to ask you, was your pic of Alex in your avitar on the Cheezebuger website?
I put in on, but it wasn't used...
Old 07-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #155
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Carolyn - How fun!!!
Your DD should have so much fun!!

How great about Linda too!
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
How cool is that!!! Score!!! Do they hassle them when they make their res. with the free status like they do for frequent flier miles? I canceled my FF credit cards b/c I got so frustrated trying to find the free tickets. So our trip this summer is the last of the FF flights. From now on I just get cash back on my AMEX card and buy a cheap ticket. Much easier.

Is Linda the friend who moved away last year back with her DH? Sounds like she's enjoying herself.
I do think they can't just fly anytime..They have to get the special flights available and where Delta goes, of course. They have a wedding in FL this fall, so maybe they can use the tix then..

Linda is my jr. high/high school friend from way back in New Hampshire. Her dad used to work for my dad and we have been friends for many years.
They sold their house in Maine and moved to TN and built a brand new home.
They live there from November to June, then start travelling with their motorhome. She retired from her bank at 55, so they are just having a blast..
Old 07-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CindyM75
Stats: 178/174/140
Start Date: June 24, 2010
Hello,
I must admit I've been trying various plans trying to find the one that I feel most comfortable with. I want to lose weight but I also want other things: a plan that doesn't have too many rules, doesn't require counting, is not too restrictive. I gave Protein Power a shot...and then Carb Addicts Diet...I've been reading up on different plans that I see here on the board.

Are there any success stories here for this plan? Do you find it to be very restrictive? I went to Groves' website. It was interesting.

I just think that if I keep looking I'll find the plan that is perfect for me and works for me.
CindyM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:00 AM   #158
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

I'm off to see my mom and then to help DD26 pack.

Did I tell you all she's moving back home until she finishes her thesis?
But the good news is, she has a job!!!!!!!!!! Yay!

Cindy - yes, it works! I've kept off the 20 lbs I took off with Atkins.

BBL!!
Old 07-14-2010, 05:07 AM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shonmarie
WOE: EFGT/PP
Start Date: 1/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Shon, that's so sad about that girl. The not knowing has to be the hardest for the family. That's why I wish they could find out something about the missing man in our area. His daughter was supposed to be married this coming Saturday. There's no new news here about him as of today.
Yes, the not knowing is just so hard to handle. We just need to keep both these families in our prayers. Is his daughter still getting married this Saturday? I can't even imagine trying to have a wedding and not knowing what happened to my dad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Listen to this: Her dad was 62 when she was born and her mom was 44. Her grandfather fought in the Civil War..amazing, huh?
Wow! Can you even imagine talking to someone who fought in the Civil War? Sounds like they are having a great time - 7/mpg or not!

I'm taking a "Shon" day today! Was going to go the the grocery store, but decided to do it tomorrow. The construction company is going to come tomorrow and put back the sink base cabinet and repair the basement damage. The flooring company will start their project on Monday, so this weekend dh and I will be unloading the pantry, hall linen closet and putting the coffee pot, etc., upstairs. We will not be able to use the entire back end of the house for a week! We do have a fridge in the basement, but that's 2 flights of stairs, so I'm making dh get what I need from there. Dinners will need to be out, so I'll need to be particularly vigilant about what I eat. Can't wait 'til this is done. It will be nice to get my dishwasher back - my nails are a mess! Oh well, only about 10 more days and hopefully we'll be back to "normal" - whatever that is for this family!!!!!!!!

I do try to stay positive about things, though. There are so many other people who really have tremendous problems. I look at ours as just more "inconveniences" than anything. My sister, though, does have some terrific heartache, but we all have a strong faith and will get her through this. It's just daily challenges and we can only work on them one day at a time.

Susan, how is your dh doing? One of my brothers had bells palsy due to a virus. He recovered completely in about 6wks. The steroids helped tremendously, but made him a little on the agitated side for awhile. Those drugs are good and nasty at the same time, but I think really necessary for this type of problem. Hope he's feeling better soon.

Time for my second cup of coffee! Everyone, have a great day! That's an order!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 05:09 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shonmarie
WOE: EFGT/PP
Start Date: 1/23/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Morning!

I'm off to see my mom and then to help DD26 pack.

Did I tell you all she's moving back home until she finishes her thesis?
But the good news is, she has a job!!!!!!!!!! Yay!

Cindy - yes, it works! I've kept off the 20 lbs I took off with Atkins.

BBL!!
Morning MK! That's great about DD26! Will you have fun with her while she's home or will she just be too busy with her thesis and work?
Shonmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 05:38 AM   #161

Have a great "Shon" day. You deserve it!

Great news MK. I know you'll enjoy having her back for awhile.

I have tons of errands to do today and would really like to make it to the pool again for a little while too. I hope I can work it all in.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:37 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susique333
Stats: started at 230+ Type2 Diabetes Insulin
WOE: LOW CARB, higher fat
Start Date: summer 2007 RESTART May 2012
Morning pretty peoples!
Shone, I had the house rewired and a handicapped bathroom put in (completely gutted the pantry and back door foyer) years ago and I was never so nervous in my life. You will love it when its done!
Carolyn, how fun that Linda could visit! my parents used to "snow bird" in their big RV camper and it was just like a little apartment to them! They had everything they needed. They lived in it solely about 9 months out of the year.
I didnt know that was your kitty! I bet Cheezeburger accepts our photo at some time! It looked authentic to me!
Mary Kay, our door is always open and revolving with the college aged kids moving in and out! We laughed when they took the census because we had to count on our fingers to be accurate. "Ok, who lives here now?" my husband asked!
Welcome Cindy, this plan does work for me IF I watch my calories. Higher fat and lower carb with about 1500 calories for me and it is virtually painless. 15% carbs/20%protein/65%percent fat..These are ballpark figures. I suppose I could lose faster if I restricted the calories a little more but at this rate it is very easy to follow.

223#s
susique333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:45 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CindyM75
Stats: 178/174/140
Start Date: June 24, 2010
Susique,
So you track your calories?
CindyM75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyM75 View Post
Susique,
So you track your calories?

I have calorie counted since I was 18 years old. I dont know how NOT to count them. My brain is a little Calorie book, I know most of the numbers by glance. I do know that with my severe insulin resisitance, 1500 works out to about 1# a week.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:14 AM   #165
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyM75 View Post
Hello,
I must admit I've been trying various plans trying to find the one that I feel most comfortable with. I want to lose weight but I also want other things: a plan that doesn't have too many rules, doesn't require counting, is not too restrictive. I gave Protein Power a shot...and then Carb Addicts Diet...I've been reading up on different plans that I see here on the board.

Are there any success stories here for this plan? Do you find it to be very restrictive? I went to Groves' website. It was interesting.

I just think that if I keep looking I'll find the plan that is perfect for me and works for me.
Welcome Cindy! Please realize what you are doing is VERY normal. You HAVE to try different plans to find what works. This is a nice one for many but I went to a higher protein, low fat thing and that works for me but many here love EFGT. Higher fat works well for many people. Are you a big meat eater? I am and I had trouble staying at the 60's grams of protein mark so that's where I had trouble. And I count calories like a mad woman! I use ****** like a religion!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #166
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning dear friends.
Welcome Cindy, as the others have said, EFGT is a good plan, healthy and easy to follow but most do have to watch calories some. I am type 2 diabetic and on meds so don't follow the plan now but can't bear to leave my buddies here, so I stay and visit. Most of us have just settled into what plan works for us but hang out here to cheer eatch other on.
MK, so hard to keep up with your revolving door but I know you love having your kids there and will love having DD back home, plus knowing what a help it is to her while she works and finishes her thesis.
Carolyn, what a score for DD and DH, I was able to do that once, took a later flight and got a free one, it is great if your schedule allows. The last couple of times it was offered I would have taken it but had someone waiting on the other end so couldn't delay my flight. And, they really are easier to use than FF miles, they have gotten to be a royal pain and like someone else mentioned, I am changing my cards that earned FF miles to earning cashback rewards. Who can't always use cash back??? LOL
Went to DD#2 yesterday with DD#1, DGD and DGD's friend. We swam and played with 2 little ones yesterday afternoon, I had a good visit with DSIL and then I came on home while they were going on out that evening for sushi, then they were all going out in the boat today and skiing, etc. I am home today to get some office work done and I have dinner club tonight, then my visitors will be back here for tomorrow and then they are leaving for home on Friday. The week has gone by much too fast, I love to have them come and we always have so much fun while they are here.
I have an appt. Fri. with my diabetes dr., overdue, they cancelled on me a couple of months ago and we finally found a date when it worked for them and me. I want to talk to them about trying a new version of the byetta shot I am on, it is made by another company but you only have to take the shot once a day instead of twice a day, so I would like to give it a try. Supposed to work the same.
With all the coming and goings, I am a little tired but it is all worth it.
Shon, enjoy your down day, you certainly deserve it.
Prayers for all our peeps who need them today.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #167

Hi ladies..

Well, the pickup is ready for the trip to Manhattan next week..I told dh I wasn't picking up the trailer..So, he has to work on that one himself..

Hey, welcome CindyM..I think any plan works if you don't eat too much food.
LOL..No kidding..I prefer the high fat plan and have been able to do pretty well with it.

Buffy: Glad you got that diabetes appointment..Good grief..

Sandy: Gosh, I hope they find that man..Do they think there is foul play involved or did he skip town? That poor family with a wedding coming in, too.

You girls with all your pool talk.. My deck is half way done..Dh is rather slow and his helper likes her tv shows in the evening..LOLOL..

Susie: LOL..Your brain is a little calorie book. I think mine is almost a book..
not quite.

CindyR: You are so good about finding what works for you..It's a good thing.

MK: So glad your dd got a job, too.. She will be very happy and busy..

Old 07-14-2010, 01:21 PM   #168
Princess Proofreader

Old 07-14-2010, 02:15 PM   #169

Hi girls..

Ds got a callback from an interview in OKCity for a drilling/pipe company. I told him to
get his suit cleaned and bring some shirts to the the cleaners for washing and ironing at the same time..His interview will be either next week or the following week depending on
the schedule of the interviewers..
Old 07-14-2010, 02:21 PM   #170

There was a cute video on the cheezburger thread, but I can't post it here.

http://icanhascheezburger.com/2010/0...eh-wants-cake/

Last edited by CarolynF; 07-14-2010 at 02:25 PM..
Old 07-14-2010, 07:23 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
There was a cute video on the cheezburger thread, but I can't post it here.

VIDEO: Kitteh Wants Cake - Lolcats 'n' Funny Pictures of Cats - I Can Has Cheezburger?
Ooooo bad kitty kat! LOL
Old 07-15-2010, 05:26 AM   #172
Princess Proofreader

Too cute!!!
Congrats to Brett, Carolyn!!!

Today I have a massage, a haircut, and possibly my first Library Trustee meeting if the City Council approved me ~ I need to check their minutes or wait to hear from the head librarian . . . .
Old 07-15-2010, 05:39 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Well hubby is still plugging along. When they diagnosed his Bells Palsy we talked to the Dr about hubs COPD and how he cant sleep at night. Wakes up with a start, 4-6 times a night. Sooooo last night they put him in over night for a sleep study to see if he has sleep apnea. He is pretty heavy (240), I bet NOW I can get him to low carb with me. Im waiting to have him call. I texted to see if he was awake this a.m. and he texted back "with Dr".
Old 07-15-2010, 07:16 AM   #174
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning.
Congrats to Brett on the call back.
The kitty video was so cute. DD#3 is getting a new kitty but the rules at this place are that you can't take them home until they have they "surgery", she is dying to bring him home, he is so cute.
Not sure if I told you all that my sis and her friends invited me on a week long cruise in January, which I am delighted about, I have never been on a cruise. Well, last night at dinner club, the gals all decided that we would go to Vegas in January to celebrate one members 50th, so dear me, it is going to be one busy beginning of another year.
DD, DGD and friend are here until tomorrow morning when they have to head back to NE. We have had so much fun, those 17 YO girls are a blast, and such great gals. They are both headed off to college next month so have been having fun shopping. Yesterday their Aunt and Uncle took them out on the boat and they had a grand time, came home sore, tired and burnt from tubing and knee boarding but very happy. I think today we are going to a movie, a little quieter day and probably out to dinner tonight. I will be sad to see them go. DD got up early to go to an exercise class with one of her sisters.
I got caught up on my office work yesterday.'
OMG, it is hot here in TX. If this is a normal year, Aug. will be even worse, Aug. here is just a month to get through. May have to take a road trip somewhere to escape it a little while.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:26 AM   #175
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by susique333 View Post
Well hubby is still plugging along. When they diagnosed his Bells Palsy we talked to the Dr about hubs COPD and how he cant sleep at night. Wakes up with a start, 4-6 times a night. Sooooo last night they put him in over night for a sleep study to see if he has sleep apnea. He is pretty heavy (240), I bet NOW I can get him to low carb with me. Im waiting to have him call. I texted to see if he was awake this a.m. and he texted back "with Dr".
Susan, you may be looking at CPAP at night which is a noisy machine that assists those with OSA (obstructive sleep apnea). Losing weight certainly helps and those on CPAP say they haven't felt this rested in years! Good luck!
Old 07-15-2010, 10:51 AM   #176

Hi ladies..

Ooo..a fun cruise sound great, Buffy..And a new kitty who is alternated..Surgery is a must for all kitties..I think..

Susie: You know..lots and lots of peeps have those machines and they really help them feel rested in the a.m. You can always get earplugs for yourself..or I imagine you get used to it.

MK: Wowowo..I sincerely hope the city approves your nomination for Library Trustee..That sounds so "smart"..

It's hot here, too..and I'm sure in KCity and probably up north, too.

I got some fresh peaches and am making a peach crisp with almond flour, flaxseed meal, oat bran, butter, and sweetener for the top with some pecans.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #177
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JJFiddle
Stats: 202/202/140
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: 4/6/10
Burning up in VA, too

Hi everybody, I'm not gone but it's been a busy heavy week with a friend's mom's funeral yesterday, which we had to put music together for and he was so overwhelmed. It was a good cathartic funeral and a very good after-party.

I bought miracle noodles this morning! Can't wait for them to arrive.

Buffy I know Texas heat! Not sure where Lewisville is, but I'll look it up tonight when I get home from teaching.

Sue I know a guy who had Bell's palsy as a kid. He told me because his symptoms are still obvious although slight. Good luck! Like you say, this could be the very wakeup call your dh has been waiting for.

I temporarily stopped putting my food in ****** - it's always 2000 calories, of course I won't lose weight on that. I figure over the next week or so I'll be ready to start pulling in the calories.

I'm so glad to be here.
JJFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #178

Hi Judy: Ohh..sorry to hear about your friend's mom...Funerals can be healing, I think.

Are you maintaining on 2000 calories? For your weight, it would be 10 times your weight to maintain..
Old 07-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #179

Hi all, Busy, busy here trying to get ready for my trip and trying to stay out of the heat. It's awful!! I ran errands early and then colored my hair. I'm really starting to hate doing that. Ugh!!

Congrats to Brett!! Did he already have his interview in Olathe?

My BFF just got a new CPAP machine and it's very quiet and she doesn't pull this one off. My mom's wasn't too loud either unless she breathed wrong and then it would get loud. Everybody I know who uses one won't leave home w/o them b/c they make them feel so much better.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 07-15-2010, 02:49 PM   #180

Hi..

Brett had a tour of the plant and an interview with the HR person in Olathe..They said they would get back to him in a week or so. I'm sure this would take another interview there before they hired him..

Oh..is this Mexico??? or CA? I can't remember..