Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2010, 06:14 AM   #91
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!

Let's keep talking about Cat Attract - I don't want to forget it when I need it!

Quote:
but it's usually more like 1/3 cup of cream and a quart of coffee!

I use coconut milk creamer - not quite as yummy I'm sure!

Sandy - that sounds yummy!

Susie - thanks for more recipes!!

Carolyn - have you ever pulled a trailer before?!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2010, 07:43 AM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susique333
Stats: started at 230+ Type2 Diabetes Insulin
WOE: LOW CARB, higher fat
Start Date: summer 2007 RESTART May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFiddle View Post
LOL Sue - that's your coffee? haha - I've been putting lots of cream in coffee to go to the music store, keeps me from starving over the nonstop 6 hrs. of teaching- but it's usually more like 1/3 cup of cream and a quart of coffee! The cream is raw from our farmer, his "light" cream is still heavier than most, and his "heavy" is nearly solid! I'm getting the heavy tomorrow to try some sugarless ice cream - egg yolks and cream and who knows what else- I might try to avoid adding any carbs to it at all. I doubt anybody will want to help me eat it
Sue- I worry about the noodles since Barry's anti-soy, but honestly, they look like they have NOTHING in them at all- And so many recipes! Maybe worth a shot..

All that cream and I hit 145 g. fat today.. I sat down and filled out Fit Day partially, for tomorrow, maybe I can head off a disaster like that :P

Cindy - I sure wish I'd known about Cat Attract a few years ago when one of ours had that problem. Bizarre how something like that could have saved a cat's life.

Morning! I grew up on a farm in Iowa and we drank raw milk most of the time. Mom would make butter with the cream. I have a Blentec and I bet now-a-days i could make several pounds of butter in a snap !!

Also I wanted to clarify there are several brands of of those low/no calorie noodles. Some are made with soy (Hungry Girl) and some without soy like Miracle Noodles.

Carolyn, Manhatten, NY?

Hubby took the van in to get 4 new tires this a.m. and just called. He had a flat on the way to the tire place & he was already using the spare! AAA towed him the rest of the 30 blocks he had to go. One free tow pays for the cost of a membership with AAA, what a lifesaver. Im thanking God cause we just took that car over to Iowa yesterday. If that tire blew on the interstate, yikes mikes!

Have a good day everyone, i dont babysit grandaughter today so might head to the mall. I love reading at Barnes and Nobles cause they have a Starbucks cafe there!

223#s
susique333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #93
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Danger Danger Here! I just finished making my dad a lemon meringue pie for his birthday cake. He'll be so surprised and happy. I'm getting ready to go pick him up for tonight's dinner and I think he's just going to spend the night with us. Now I'm HOT!!
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #94

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi...

Had a luncheon meeting (Christian Women's Club)..We have it at Sirloin Stockade, so it is easy to eat LC..

I LOVE lemon meringue pie..I wish I could make a decent lowcarb version sometime.
Danger here, too. Our church is serving the community dinner for poor peeps tonight and I made an orange cake: 9 x 13..yellow cake mixed with one can of mandarin oranges/juice, 3 eggs and 3/4 cup of oil..Bake and cool. Frosting: One large can of
crushed pineapple in juice, small instant vanilla pudding mix, and 8 ounces of cool whip.
Drain pineapple and use the juice to make the pudding..Then fold in pineapple and then
Cool Whip. Frost cake and refrigerate..It is extremely nommie (in my HC days). I'm not having any, though.

Gary is an old farm boy, so he has handled trailers, etc..He will be the driver..And it's
Manhattan, KS..(not NY)..LOl. But, it is 200 miles one way..

Susie: Gosh..blown tires are scarey. Glad it didn't happen on the highway.

Hi to everyone...Did my exercising before lunch, but tonight I will get a workout in the kitchen...

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Danger Danger Here! I just finished making my dad a lemon meringue pie for his birthday cake. He'll be so surprised and happy. I'm getting ready to go pick him up for tonight's dinner and I think he's just going to spend the night with us. Now I'm HOT!!
LOL @ Danger Danger! Reminds me of Lost in Space! I love lemon pie!!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #96

Well, my cake was a big success..All gone.. Some peeps had 2 pieces, which is good.

Brett has an interview tomorrow in KCity..His pants are wrinkled..He is going to look for an iron..Hopefully, one of his buddies in Manhattan has one..OR I told him to get to Wallie World and buy one. LOL.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:23 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Well, my cake was a big success..All gone.. Some peeps had 2 pieces, which is good.

Brett has an interview tomorrow in KCity..His pants are wrinkled..He is going to look for an iron..Hopefully, one of his buddies in Manhattan has one..OR I told him to get to Wallie World and buy one. LOL.
Adding to say the interview is in Olathe at Torotel..???
Old 07-08-2010, 10:38 PM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JJFiddle
Stats: 202/202/140
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: 4/6/10
Sue, my family was from Iowa and I lived in Cedar Rapids for 7 years as a kid and spent some time on the family farm in N.Ia., loved going out early with the uncles to milk the cows, then drinking it when it was so fresh, for breakfast with them.
Once I went to India, they had fresh raw water buffalo milk there. It was so sweet, I doubt it would be allowed on LC! Like a milkshake.
Carolyn, glad you clarified about Manhattan. Didn't even think to question it being in NY lol.
JJFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:40 PM   #99

I love Iowa.. We lived in WDesMoines for 12 years..ooo.. that water buffalo milk must have been full of fat..

Looked it up: http://www.iloveindia.com/nutrition/milk/index.html

It has twice the amount of fat and calories as moo-cow milk and the same amount of carbs, so it is very Barry friendly.

Last edited by CarolynF; 07-08-2010 at 10:43 PM..
Old 07-09-2010, 06:24 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFiddle View Post
Sue, my family was from Iowa and I lived in Cedar Rapids for 7 years as a kid and spent some time on the family farm in N.Ia., loved going out early with the uncles to milk the cows, then drinking it when it was so fresh, for breakfast with them.
Once I went to India, they had fresh raw water buffalo milk there. It was so sweet, I doubt it would be allowed on LC! Like a milkshake.
Carolyn, glad you clarified about Manhattan. Didn't even think to question it being in NY lol.
Carolyn, maybe you know my hubby! LOL I grew up in DeSoto and Adel Iowa. My hubby is from West Des Moines. Daughter and son in law are up near Mason City (Manly,Ia). Steve (SIL) is Assistant City Engineer in Mason City. In fact i think we are going to try to meet them at The Machine Shed in Des Moines for lunch this week. I saw that place on the Food Channel. WOW!

Last edited by susique333; 07-09-2010 at 06:25 AM..
Old 07-09-2010, 07:06 AM   #101
Princess Proofreader

TGIF!

Going to pick up DD23 at the airport in St Louis!

BBL!
Old 07-09-2010, 07:22 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
TGIF!

Going to pick up DD23 at the airport in St Louis!

BBL!
Drive safe! I once slept overnight at the St. Louis Airport. My flight took off late from JFK in NY. We landed in St. Louis so late, there was no reason to get a hotel room. Talk about a looooooong night!
Old 07-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #103

Hi..

We lived in West Des Moines on Pommel Place from 1983-1995.. I love the Machine Shed..There was one in Overland Park, but it didn't make it. The Iowa one is in front
of Living History Farm, which is a really neat place to go.

Safe travels to St. Louis..This must be the dd who is in CO..I hope she is enjoying her job..

Gosh, Alex is still sneezing..I just vacuumed where he hangs out mostly and hopefully
that will help..I called the vet and I can bring him in the a.m. tomorrow..Dh can help
load him up..LOL.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi..

We lived in West Des Moines on Pommel Place from 1983-1995.. I love the Machine Shed..There was one in Overland Park, but it didn't make it. The Iowa one is in front
of Living History Farm, which is a really neat place to go.

Safe travels to St. Louis..This must be the dd who is in CO..I hope she is enjoying her job..

Gosh, Alex is still sneezing..I just vacuumed where he hangs out mostly and hopefully
that will help..I called the vet and I can bring him in the a.m. tomorrow..Dh can help
load him up..LOL.
LOL Hubby left before you lived there, he lived there til 1968. He left for the Navy (was a corpsman) and Vietnam.

Carolyn, your kitty sounds like my kitty. Shes 20# and if she shes the carrier...the fight is on!

Hiya JJ, Sj and Cindy, how goes the day?
Old 07-09-2010, 12:41 PM   #105
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susique333 View Post
Drive safe! I once slept overnight at the St. Louis Airport. My flight took off late from JFK in NY. We landed in St. Louis so late, there was no reason to get a hotel room. Talk about a looooooong night!
Sue that's so funny, reminds me of back in my Air Force days when once we were at Scott AFB (St. Louis) and couldn't get rooms, all 18 of us string players sleeping in the chairs in the passenger terminal. Looooooong night indeed!
Old 07-09-2010, 12:45 PM   #106
Junior LCF Member

load him up..LOL.[/QUOTE]

Haha Carolyn! One of our dc's (DC4 as of 7/4!) is at least 20#, luckily he's young and can still jump (somewhat). What a sweetie though, we think he's a Russian Blue (really belongs to my dd24's friend (25) who lives with us & brought along FOUR dc's!

I love this lingo
Old 07-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #107
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
I love my cream too, gosh darn it! LOL

I need to find a site that I posted, it is a blog with 101 Shirataki noodle recipes. Found it!

Shirataki Noodle Recipes
Susan here is the Miracle Noodle sites recipes. They would work with the Shirataki.

MK, Cat Attract, Cat Attract, Cat Attract!!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #108
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
I love my cream too, gosh darn it! LOL

I need to find a site that I posted, it is a blog with 101 Shirataki noodle recipes. Found it!

Shirataki Noodle Recipes
Susan here is the Miracle Noodle sites recipes. They would work with the Shirataki. MiracleNoodle.com • View forum - Recipes

Old 07-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #109

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Good luck to Brett! I'm not familiar with that company. Olathe has grown so much in the last few years. I just know all the main areas. I copied that cake recipe. Thanks.
My DD texted me today to tell me she doesn't know how it was possible but that my lemon pie was even better today. In fact she called it fabulous and she's a marvelous cook so I feel very proud of myself now, lol.

I got my oil changed today and then went to the pool. I hadn't been all week b/c of the weather and let me tell you, it felt wonderful to just chill out. I finished a book and caught up with all my friends news.

Can kitties take Benadryl? I have to give my Bailey some once in a while when her skin allergies get bad.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:07 PM   #110

Well, I got Alex a new kitty cube to sleep in..I washed his old one and my goodness it was very furry..So, I'll put a towel in the bottom of the new one so it can be easily washed..He only weighs 16 pounds..

However, funny story..my brother in law is a carpenter in Wichita..He was supposed to
put in a kitty door for a family, among other things..Well, the kitty was a 26 pounder and Glen made sure the kitty would "fit" before he installed it..LOL.

My mom had a Russian Blue kitty..Amelia..She was rather chunky, too, but very sweet.

Dh is heading to check out the farm tonight to make sure there are no water leaks from the rain.. So, I'll be home alone for a while.
Old 07-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #111
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
I love Iowa.. We lived in WDesMoines for 12 years..ooo.. that water buffalo milk must have been full of fat..

Looked it up: Milk Nutritional Value - Nutrition in Milk

It has twice the amount of fat and calories as moo-cow milk and the same amount of carbs, so it is very Barry friendly.
My BF's sister is in Des Moines and he grew up in a tiny town called Corning Iowa.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:47 PM   #112
Princess Proofreader

Long, fun tiring day!

I made it through the St Louis airport in one piece and home again.
DD23 went to the rehearsal and dinner, came home, we walked and now she's going to visit her BF.

This will be a crazy weekend since we have to drive her back to St Louis on Sunday ~ but I'm taking as much time as she can give me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post

Thanks Cindy!

Gee - my cats are about 6 lbs each!
Real lightweights!
Old 07-09-2010, 09:55 PM   #113

Des Moines is a fun town..Lots of good shopping in the burbs..Glad you made it safe and sound from the airport..I don't like driving around St. Louis..dh always does it.

Alex is still sneezing from time to time..We will see what the vet says tomorrow...

Your cats are so tiny....
Old 07-10-2010, 06:48 AM   #114

Good morning..

Waiting a few minutes, then will load up Alex (with dh's help) and get him to the vets.
This is showup time..no appointment..I hope we don't have to wait..I think he just has allergies with his sneezing, but want to make sure there is no infection.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:57 AM   #115
Princess Proofreader

Awww poor Alex!
I hope he's not allergic to cats!

All of our cats have been about this size! I'm not sure what I would do with a big cat!
Do they still leap around all the furniture?
Both cats like to sleep on the top of the kitchen cabinets or the china cabinet.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #116

Well, Alex is in good shape..just some allergies probably..He told me to give him 1/2 a of child's benedryl if the sneezing gets out of control..He did the blood test for the kidney problems to make sure he was on the right dosage of meds..Haven't heard yet and didn't want to wait around 30 minutes with Alex in his carrier.

Alex could jump on top of the fridge very easily when he was younger..He can still jump on the bed or a chair..

Linda and her dh are coming either tomorrow or Monday..So, I have to get dusting..Will put on an audio book and listen.

Last edited by CarolynF; 07-10-2010 at 11:01 AM..
Old 07-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Well, Alex is in good shape..just some allergies probably..He told me to give him 1/2 a of child's benedryl if the sneezing gets out of control..He did the blood test for the kidney problems to make sure he was on the right dosage of meds..Haven't heard yet and didn't want to wait around 30 minutes with Alex in his carrier.

Alex could jump on top of the fridge very easily when he was younger..He can still jump on the bed or a chair..

Linda and her dh are coming either tomorrow or Monday..So, I have to get dusting..Will put on an audio book and listen.
Glad you will soon have a happier cat! We had a GS dog who would scratch the fur off her neck every fall. Benedryl to the rescue.

I LOLed when you said time to dust. I dust so seldom (shame on me!) and if i do the boys ask "Whos coming to visit?"

Grandaughter is here today. Im pooped. Gramps is going to entertain her while I nap. She wears me out!! "G-ma, lets draw! Lets play cards! Where is the glue? Can i swim?"
Old 07-10-2010, 02:36 PM   #118
Always on, slightly off

Pooter (DC15) weighs 8 pounds and always has. Rosemary (DC17) weighs about 8.5 pounds but she used to weigh 11 so she is getting a tiny bit frail but not bad. I had a cat (Noland) that weighed 24 pounds. We used a dog carrier as there wasn't a cat carrier big enough. His litter box was a big, black plastic cement mixer you get a the hardware store. It was about 2' by 2 1/2 ' He was a big boy. Little 8 pound Poot would get him in a corner and smack him (whack, whack, whack) and he would just roll over and cower!

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
Old 07-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #119

Cindy:LOL..those big cats are like a log, aren't they? But, he was a little scaredy kat when Pooter attacked him..It's all about the alpha cat, right?
Old 07-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #120
Princess Proofreader

DD26 left her cat here tonight - preparing for the big move.
This cat looks like mine but is really solid.
I bet 10 lbs!

Cindy - Love it!

Carolyn - glad Alex is OK!!

Susie - did you get to nap?