Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susique333
Stats: started at 230+ Type2 Diabetes Insulin
WOE: LOW CARB, higher fat
Start Date: summer 2007 RESTART May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning!
Susie, how many sons do you have? I counted 4 in just this past post. Any daughters?
I scored a vitamix on ebay yesterday, saved myself about $175 over retail, so hopefully, it is as described, brand new in an open box.

I got my Blendtec off ebay too! For a steal! I love love love ebay! I think many people buy an appliance and then do not use it!

I am the mother to a large adoptive family, Buffy. 9 boys and 5 girls. 11 of them are now adults! Ages range from 35 down to 13.
susique333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2010, 02:07 PM   #272
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Having a great time ~ found the adult pool today (you have to be 21 to enter).
They have a great pina colada!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:24 PM   #273
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Susie: God bless for raising 14 children...Only 3 are home now, right? You are amazing, girl..

Adult pool sounds like a great place..Our town waterpark is full of kids..None of my friends want to go with me..

I do think OKCity is pretty big. Lindaokc is a LCer, so she says it is a reasonable place to live. I will let you all know how the interview went..If he left at one, he should be here around 5-6..

I'm always askeered to buy appliances on ebay, but my kids buy things all the time..Should check it out.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #274

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I bought my coffee grinder on ebay and it's almost 2 years old and still working great. It's a burr type. I bought it for DH so he could make me coffee everyday and he does a wonderful job, lol.

MK, where are you? I want to come have pina coladas with you!!!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #275

Me, too on the pina coladas..I used to drink those alot in the pre-LC days.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:33 PM   #276

Ya, they're def not LC. But oh so yummy, cold and sweet.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #277

Old 07-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #278
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Sandy - I'm here!

Carolyn - that's great!!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:34 PM   #279
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
I have purchased several small appliances off ebay, always get a great deal and no problems yet, even with a used can opener.

Susie, wow, I truly admire you for raising a large adoptive family like that, God Bless You is right.

MK, when did you sneak off?

Carolyn, OKC is only about 2 hrs. and 45 minutes from me, we can meet up again for lunch or something if Brett ends up moving there.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #280

I found that cat today and it was purrrfect for our conversation..

Well, Brett had an all day interview, left at 6, then stopped at his friend's place in Tulsa and will be home at midnight..maybe..

Buffy: Yes, that would be fun..I guess he will know a week from Friday..We will chat with him more in the a.m.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:36 PM   #281
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wifezilla
Stats: 250/207/190
WOE: Read em all. Doing it my way.
Start Date: May 2007
I need a new coffee grinder. I guess I should go cruise ebay for a burr grinder

Got another notice on the $75 the state IRS thinks we owe them. WE RETURNED THE CHECK!!! Idiots. Ed is going to make our tax guy handle it since they are ignoring us. Grrr

Found a copy of the coconut oil diet at a garage sale for 50 cents. I'll let you know if I find anything interesting in it
wifezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:43 AM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

All the Pina colada talk makes me want to take a cruise!

No, Carolyn, I have a 13, 15, 17 yr old in the house and then Andrew who is 19 and Brigid 21 and Jose Martin (adopted from Nicaragua and is disabled with CP & MR) who is 29. Also hubby and me.

Omaha was the hottest and most humid yesterday than I can ever remember! Just sickening to be out in it. We grew up in the midwest (1960s)with no A/C and I just dont know how my parents kept us comfortable!
Old 07-28-2010, 06:59 AM   #283

Hi kids..

I bought a Burr and it is very messy to work with..So check out how the grinds come out..I like the way it grinds..and according to the "experts" the grind is the most important part of a good cup of coffee..LOL.

I bought the Coconut Flour Recipe book by Dr. Fife and I've made a few things..that are very good..muffins and a cheesecakey dessert. Coconut flour is funky and you have to
get the oils/eggs just right. Honestly, I just buy the LouAnn coconut oil as it has no flavor..

Let the tax guy handle it..

I think I am getting the money back for the 2 tows this past weekend. They filed two
separate claims for each day/tow..so I'm happy with whatever they give us.

Brett is here unloading the U-Haul with his dad. Lots of stuff..stored in the basement until further notice. I told him I was washing all his clothes..

Hope you have a great day..I was 147 still..at least today.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:06 AM   #284
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning peeps.
Susie, I know what you mean, I was talking to the nurse at my doctors office, she said she grew up in Dallas with no A/C, I am thinking that can't be possible, but then was reading an article about how all the A/C equipment and all other equipment, car congestion, etc., etc., is making it much hotter in the cities and that makes sense. When I was young in the midwest, near Omaha, we had lots of tall, large shadetrees around the house and that truly made a huge difference. It wasn't cool, mind you, but bearable. Plus, you do adapt, I think heat is harder on us today now that our bodies are used to A/C. When I used to work on the golf courses, I never went inside for lunch or breaks, I just got somewhere in the shade and rested, it was too hard to go, get cool, and then go back out into the heat.
The summer heat was also good for us in the old days without A/C because it truly cut your appetite, you just didn't want to eat very much or anything heavy in the summertime and it was always good for losing a few pounds.
Ok, blah blah blah Buffy, LOL.
Carolyn, I am so excited about Brett's possible move to OKC, LOL. Selfish of me, but it really isn't that far from me since I am on the north side of Dallas and right off of I35.
Zilla, it took me several letters, with copies of each of their letters attached to finally get the IRS to take note of my response, they kept sending letters stating that I was ignoring their letters, (NOT) and then their response??? They would get back to me and that was over a year ago. No wonder that guy flew into their building in Austin, they are so frustrating. BTW, my son took me by there last week when I was in Austin, there is a huge hole in the side of the building.
Plan D went ok yesterday except that I gave in to a small bowl of ice cream last night, NOT on the plan. I always forget, the one bad thing about me trying to follow a plan is that I get way to OCD over it and obsess over what I can eat, when I can eat, how much I can eat and end up thinking of nothing but eating. So, I ended up eating twice as much and twice as often yesterday as normal, b/c I could not stop thinking about it. I think a better approach for me is to not try to follow the plan, just go for whole foods, whole grains, non processed and no whites. Let it fall where it may doing that and see what happens. Truly, my main objective at this point is health, if I lose more weight, that is a plus but not as important as the health aspect.
How is everyone else doing today?
Old 07-28-2010, 07:26 AM   #285
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Buff, I get OCD too! Oh, well, we could be flipping light switches incessantly!

The family reunion was fantastic! This are the nicest, most accepting people. Remember, this is the first time they met me. My 86 year old Aunt Adeline remembered her mother (my grandmother) saying that there was a granddaughter named Cindy that was born in Hawaii. She didn't miss a step about introducing me as her niece. They took me to the cematary to see my grandparents. It was the first time I had seen Hadel on grave (my maiden name was Hadel) I cried like a baby!
A ton of closure and a nice family to boot!

We are off to Chicago this week. I'll be sure to weigh in BEFORE I go!!

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:31 AM   #286

Hummmm, my burr grinder isn't messy. We pour the beans in a hopper on top and they grind into a little container that slides into the bottom/side area. It's a Scala brand.

Buffy, maybe you should've taken a picture of that bldg to send to Zilla. She could include it in her correspondence? Lol.

I haven't lost anything since getting back but I haven't gained either so maybe my body is just trying to readjust all the calories that went into it last week and then start again. I know what you mean when you're on a Plan. It seems like all you think about is what food you can have instead of figuring out if you're really even hungry. I am going to try to start eating fish at least twice a week and see how that works out for me. It'll help cut down on my beef consumption.

Today is DDIL's BD and I'm meeting her, her mom and some of her other friends for lunch at a Mexican place. My back has been doing some strange stuff the last couple of evenings so I'm going to try to take it easier today and see if that helps at all.

I was just talking to my dad about growing up w/ no AC. I told him I think we just were so used to it and that we appreciated the cooler evenings way more than we do now. I sure don't want to give it up now though. I like being out in the heat at the pool or at an activity but I love knowing I can come home to coolness anytime I want to.

MK, I'm on my way!! Order me a pina colada.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 07-28-2010, 07:36 AM   #287

Brett just left..Alex was excited to see him and smell all of his stuff..Aren't cats funny?

We didn't have air conditioning growing up and everyone's body got used to the heat, but it was a big deal when the clothing store I worked in in the summer got AC..In 69!

Cindy: I'm so glad that you had a fun time at the reunion..So, Aunt Adeline is your dad's sister, right? I think this is so cool..Did you ever meet your grandparents???

I love Chicago..Be sure to go on the Architectural boat tour right downtown..It's fabulous..

MK: Gosh, I missed that you were on vacation..Have a great time.. with the pool boy..LOLOL
Old 07-28-2010, 07:57 AM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

I gotta keep up with the Joneses, I want a coffee grinder now too! I drink Foldgers at home.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #289
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy, sounds like a great family reunion.

Yes, that would have been a good idea, take a picture of the bldg and have Zilla sent it to the IRS, but then, we might have read about her getting arrested in the papers. Hmmm.
Just got back from my walk, 3 days in a row. I love it once I am out there, just so hard to make myself get out there.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #290

You are brave Buffy to go walking in this summer heat. I can't seem to get motivated to do any exercise at all lately. I guess I've become a total slug this summer, lol.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #291
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Cindy: I'm so glad that you had a fun time at the reunion..So, Aunt Adeline is your dad's sister, right? I think this is so cool..Did you ever meet your grandparents???
Yes, she was dad's sister, the last living sibling. No, I never met my grandparents.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:37 AM   #292
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning peeps.
Sandy, my walk is such a slow leisurely stroll that you can hardly call it a walk, but it is at least getting me out the door and doing a little bit of something. I just pray I will keep at it.
Not much to report around here, hot and humid. Hot and humid, did I mention, hot and humid?
Going to kitten sit for my DD the next 10 days, that should be intersting with our 4 indoor cats, I hope at least the younger 3 like him and want to play with him. I know ole Tinker won't like him.
Made a beef veggie soup yesterday, yes, I now it is too hot for soup but I am tired of trying to think of cooler stuff and I had some sirloin steak and some fresh veggies, so I made it up and added some barley, could have left out the barley for lower carb but it is a good complex carb for my diabeties. The diabetes is seeming to love the complex carbs and the high fiber I have been eating. BS readings very steady the past 2-3 days.
Finally done with the antibiotic for this past bladder infection and over the upset stomach with that. Been taking the D-Mannose for a couple of weeks now, hope it helps.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #293

Hi ladies..

Be careful walking, Buffy..It is good to get some sun once in a while, I think.Poor little Tink..He probably needs his own room during the babysitting experience..
I was thinking of making soup the other day, too..With all these fresh tomatos, etc...There is always Gazpacho.

Did my exercise, got my coffee..This afternoon is bone scan and mammo..I didn't need a Pap last week..Well, the doctor said if you have had a total hysterectomy and 3 normal paps after that, then they don't recommend them anymore..Is this right, Cindy nurse???

My washing machine has been working overtime..I just needed to freshen up all the clothes Brett brought home..even though they were clean..They needed help.
Do your kids have alot of tee shirts??? My goodness..He must have 50 at least..
Old 07-29-2010, 10:00 AM   #294

My doc now says every other year?? But if insurance dictates it, I'm sure they'll all be on the same page soon.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #295

Sandy: I don't know what to believe..I am sure once the health care thing kicks in, they probably won't do it at all..LOL.
Old 07-29-2010, 01:56 PM   #296

So true Carolyn.

Did you hear they found our local missing man alive? In the park where they found his SUV. They haven't made a statement yet as to why he was there for 3 weeks. It should be on the news tonight.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #297

Oh my goodness!!!! What?????? Anxious to hear the real story...
Old 07-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Hello girls! Will someone please email me the new August challenge page, Im flying to Phoenix tomorrow and Im sure to be lost when I get home Monday! Happy weekend everyone!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:06 PM   #299

Susie: We will find you, dear..Gosh..stay cool in Phoenix..
Old 07-30-2010, 05:17 AM   #300
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
WEll, as if it hasn't been hot enough here, the next 5 days are going to be in the low 100's here, so it isn't going to be any cooler around here for awhile. At least our humidity has dropped a teeny bit.
Have to pick up the kitten today to start kitten sitting for the next little while, that will add an exciting note to the household.
Not much else going on here, hair and nails today, bady needed.