Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
The JuneBug Challenge..:)

I thought I'd change the name for this month of June..

Let's hit it hard and drop those pounds, Junebugs..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2010, 08:23 PM   #2

Here we are..
Old 06-01-2010, 04:55 AM   #3
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

Carolyn - I'm glad you mentioned it was a new month - I totally forgot

Buffy - you can walk with me! Come on!!!! 2.5 miles in the morning and another 2.5 at night!
What did you think of the movie?

Sandy - I'm glad you had fun! You should get a pic with all the dogs - like lining your grandkids up! Do you think they'd do it?

I have a big funeral today with a luncheon to follow.
My BFF from HS is in town and she has a manicure this afternoon - I'm going along to chat! Then my last chance to clean the boys bathroom and the LR/FR before DS21's GF arrives tomorrow!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:59 AM   #4

Hi gang..

MK, you are our "walker"..I do the treadmill at my faux Curves..I got some new sandals made by Keen..They are supposed to be trail, walking, exercising sandals..Testing them out this morning..Then lunch with our friend who is moving to Tucson..No chips day for me..Oh..DS21's GF is coming for a visit? How fun..

Back to normal..Dh is at work and will be travelling the end of the week..I can't believe it is June yet.

Check on ya later..
Old 06-01-2010, 07:39 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shonmarie
WOE: EFGT/PP
Start Date: 1/23/10
Hi all. Sorry I've been mia, but we had some unbelievable family issues and it's still not over. Last week, my sister's husband left - just up and gone. No one knows where, but he will not be coming back. They've been married for 35yrs and 2 children. She is borderline mentally challenged, as is one son. She is devastated. Just when we thought it was bad enough, it got worse. Apparently, he had not paid any of the bills including the mortgage payment. The house is being foreclosed on and she just found out she has until this Saturday to vacate. So, last week, not only did we have to calm her down, we had to try and find an apt for them for which she qualifies on her own income. Wasn't easy, but we were told today that she qualified and will get a medium-income housing apartment that is halfway between me and another sister. We've been trying to get everything packed - the house is in disastrous shape and it has been quite a challenge for us. The only siblings here are me and another sister. Everyone else lives out of town, so this falls on the 2 of us. But I know, by the Grace of God, we can do this.

Not sure how much I will be posting in the next several weeks, but I'll try. Please keep us in your prayers. I know you will and I will keep you posted.

At least I'm down another 3lbs! Probably the stress, but I'll take it.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:49 AM   #6

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Oh Shon, I'm so sorry about your sister. Yes, your family has had it's share of tragedy. I'll def remember you all in my prayers. Thank goodness she has 2 of you close. I can't imagine what she must be going through.

I took my walk this a.m. and it's hot and humid out there already. Ugh! But I wanted to get it over with. If the sun will stay out I might try to hit the pool this afternoon. We have a chance of rain just about every day this week.

Oh, starting weight I'm going with is 150. I was up a tiny bit from that but that's the weight I took for the end of May challenge so I'm sticking with it, lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:19 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning my dear friends.
Oh Shon, that is such devasting news about your sister, poor thing. Why could the guy not at least take care of things and leave her in a decent shape and then get out if he wanted out? But to leave her in a mess like this, thank heavens she has you and your other sister to get her through this. And, thank heavens she qualified for the help with the rent. You are all in my prayers.
MK, you just amaze me, how you keep up with all you do amazes me and I admire you for doing it all, but golly girl, get a housekeeper, at least every other week. It is so nice to have them come in and get the bathrooms, floors, etc. even though they don't get past the surface, it really really helps. My sister finally got one after all these years and she doesn't know why she waited so long. It just lets you enjoy everything else so much more, it is very freeing.
Little story, my housekeeper is from mexico and works sooo hard, she cleans my house on Sunday afternoons because she works every other day cleaning. But, she is slowly buying a house and 2 mobile homes she has on a little piece of property that she rents out, so she is building a future. And, she doesn't take any freebies, she pays her way. Anyway, of course she has parents and siblings in mexico that she sends money to as well, plus older children there. Last Thurs. was her birthday and she came to do my house on Friday as it was a holiday weekend. I always give her a card and a gift certificate to a store on her birthday and when I gave it to her Friday she started crying, told me that once again, I was the only person besides her husband who had remembered her birthday, not her father, her mother, her children or anyone else. Of course he mother had just called wanting more money as well. There always will be those that do and those that just want a handout, right?
Sandy and Carolyn, kudos to you for doing your walking too. I wish I could walk with you MK, it just flys by when you walk with someone else, but then you have to coordinate it. I did walk one year with a lady in our neighborhood, we walked very early in the AM, sometimes it was still dark, but it was cooler and so nice to have it over for the day.
Busy week ahead, getting ready for my sis and BIL to come next week, and the usual office work, etc.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:21 PM   #8

Hi gals and Gord..

Said goodbye to a sweet friend at the mexican restaurant.. I passed on the margaritas..which is good.

Shon: You do what you have to do..Your sister is lucky to have you and her other sister helping her get settled..What a creepy husband..

Buffy: You know, if it wasn't for the Mexicans here working and sending money back, Mexico would be in a worse mess than ever..Your poor lady..Glad she has you.

It is hot here.. again.. I have to go through dh's short sleeved shirts and he has to find the ones that fit him and the rest are going "bye bye"..

Old 06-01-2010, 02:10 PM   #9

I just got back from spending a couple of hours at the pool connecting with my "pool pals". It's funny, we only see each other in the summer usually. We have our little corner and meet there most afternoons. The water wasn't even cold since it's been so hot here already.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:44 PM   #10

How fun, Sandy.. I need to find a pool pal, too..Most of the peeps who go to our pool park are kids..

LOL..okay..I'm going to buy myself another pool..maybe the $49 one this year. Our land is on a slope, so dh said he would build me a platform out of wood for my pool so it could be level.. We will see..how long that takes.
Old 06-01-2010, 03:11 PM   #11

I'd be headed to Lowe's TONIGHT Carolyn, lol. And find that guy a hammer. Fast!
Old 06-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I'd be headed to Lowe's TONIGHT Carolyn, lol. And find that guy a hammer. Fast!

No kidding, Sandy.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #13
Princess Proofreader

I'd love a pool pal! Actually I'd love a pool too!

Buffy - I had a cleaning lady when I worked and i loved it.
Coming home and the house was clean! That was bliss!

But since I'm home now - it's seems like such a wasted expense. Sigh.

I can usually keep up - it only turns to crises when the kids come home from college and dump stuff or when someone new is coming to visit.

I figure I'll have tonight and after DS17's wisdom teeth removal tomorrow to work on it.

Carolyn - I'm a fair-weather walker. I'm with Sandy - do it early in the morning to get it over with. Then I make DH walk with me after the sun goes down - AFTER I spray a lot of OFF on though.

It's hard when friends leave - so hard to make new ones!

Shon - Yikes!!!

Starting weight was (I think) 122.6 on the last thread.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:26 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shonmarie
WOE: EFGT/PP
Start Date: 1/23/10
Good morning! Wanted to share some "good" news! Yesterday, I found out that she did get the apartment and qualified on her own. I then tried to contact the financial institution where they had their loan...out of business! How does that happen?! Anyway, called the sheriff's office and a most amazing clerk helped me find the case number and the docket...long story short - the sheriff's sale is not until July 16! So, we at least have a reprieve in moving. I set her up for a July 3 move-in date. What an ordeal. My other sister and I at least got her to smile in the midst of the tears yesterday. Now we'll just focus on the move. And I know she felt more "dignity", if you will, that she qualified for the loan without any help from anyone. In her challenged life, that's huge. And thanks everyone for the prayers - we still need them, but things are looking better today than yesterday. Getting her through the practical side of this I know will be the "easier" part. It's the emotional side when this all settles down that I'm worried about. Oh well, as my mom & dad always said, "cross that bridge when you come to it". Good advice.

Trying to catch up on everyone's news here. MK, I'm with you on the cleaning lady thing. Had one when I was working and it was great. But I'd rather spend that money on other things. And I guess, sometimes cleaning helps me burn energy, though it doesn't really show up in my bod!

Sandy, sounds like you enjoyed the boat. Hopefully, it will be a nice summer and you can have many days to enjoy it.

MK and Buffy - congrats to your kids!

Hi Carolyn!
Shonmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:07 AM   #15
Princess Proofreader

Shon - Yay! that's great!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:45 AM   #16

Shon: That is super great news..I'm sure your sister will start "healing" as soon as she moves into her new place. Keeping busy is important and she will be busy getting ready for the move..

Dh left for a short trip. We sorted out his "shirts"..and decided to keep the mediums/larges for Brett in case he wants them when he gets a job.. So, I have the xl's to wash, etc..

Hot today again..go exercise, get coffee, look for napkins for Rebecca's shower, have hair cut, go to the library in C'ville..and continue on the napkin search, if necessary.

Hugs all around..I wonder if Cindy is hot in Florida.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:47 AM   #17

Great news Shon. Thanks for the update. I'll continue to remember all of your family in my prayers.

Good morning all. I'm volunteering at the church office again this a.m. then hopefully the clouds/'rain will be gone by afternoon. I want to go play again.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:21 AM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning friends.
Crunch time here, we have a big job to do for a city and after they required all this paperwork, a bond, and stuff we are never required to provide, I provide it and now they and the bonding company are arguing over one sentence on the bond form, arrggghhh!! And, the contractor is ready for us to move in tomorrow and we still don't have a contract! Such a headache when it could be so simple.
Got the rest of my patio flowers planted last night, now to get the patio furniture cleaned. DH is going to powerwash the patio surface and the furniture first, then I can finish up out there.
Supposed to be super hot here the next several days.
Shon, good news on your sister, hope things continue to look up for her.
Sandy, that is great you have your pool pals to hang out with in the summer, that would make it fun to go in the afternoons. And, you can all catch up on your winter news.
Carolyn, that would be a nice boost to Brett to have a bunch of dress shirts waiting for him, men's clothes never change that much.
Tomorrow DD#2 is coming to visit and bringing the now 2 yo and the baby who is now 5 months. DGS has been talking about Mema's nana pie, so I am going to make him a nana pie before they get here tomorrow. 10 yo DGS is walking home here after school today, he isn't much of a sweet's eater, so he will want his usual PG&J and some applesauce for a snack.
Haven't weighed lately but clothes fit the same, so I think I am maintaining. I tried last week going a little more low carb and had too much fluctuation in my blood sugar readings, first too low, then a morning of really high. With the byetta shot, I have to eat a certain amount of carbs, so if I want the control from byetta, I really can't go too low carb. If I wanted to eat strictly low carb, then I would have to get off the byetta and be very consistently strict and you all know me, that isn't going to happen, at least right now. So, I will take advantage of modern meds and live more relaxed I guess.
Have a great day everyone.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #19

I think you're doing a great job Buffy and you're right, we can't eat perfect all the time. And if we could, who wants to? The Byetta seems to be working great for you.

We're supposed to get a little break with the heat tomorrow. If the weather man is right, that is.

I have to take my pooch in for her shots tomorrow. I'm sure she'll be thrilled with that. But she loves to go to Petsmart so I'll let her "shop" after she's done for her reward, lol. Can you tell she takes after her mama?
Old 06-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #20

Hi gals..

Buffy: Yes, I think control is the most important thing..It's easier to control the dips when you are using Byetta and some carbs. We don't want you hitting your head.. I hate legal stuff..Best of luck to you in this situation..

Yup, gotta make my 24 halves of devilled eggs for tomorrow's morning funeral.

Oh...So You Think You Can Dance is on tonight..

Oh..little Bailey loves to shop at Petsmart...just like her mom, right? Alex prefers to stay home when I pick up his meds (which I did today). His meds are $54 a month..
Maybe he can get on the health plan..LOL
Old 06-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #21
Princess Proofreader

Carolyn - they do have pet health insurance!!
Brett will really appreciate those shirts!!

Sandy - what treat will you buy her at the pet store??

Buffy - you're doing great. Don't mess with success!!
Old 06-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #22

LOL..I know they have pet insurance..I forgot, but I think Alex will pass as he is unemployed.

Hey..we are supposed to be getting a cooler day tomorrow..

The dancing was great.. on SYTYCD tonight.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:17 AM   #23
Princess Proofreader

Well, maybe Alex should think about getting a job!
Mouse Catcher?
Dog Annoyer?

Must be something out there!?!

I'm up too early in an attempt to get to spin class . . . this might not have been the best idea!
Old 06-03-2010, 06:01 AM   #24

Yes, MK..You are up and awake really early..

Alex does catch bugs once in a while, but not that many that he could get paid for it..
Room and board is about it..

It is a bit cooler..68 this morning..Let's hope the Midwest stays that way for a while and Texas, too.

I'm going to cut out my breves at the coffeeshop, even though I love them alot. I think there are too many calories in them..

Exercise, salad lunch with a friend who has 8 kids, and regular errands.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:37 AM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning friends.
Crisis in the office, we are supposed to start a big job tomorrow and bonding still not in place, aarrrrgggghhhh! The endocrine office called yesterday since I am on the waiting list to get in to see my Dr. and I said I would be in today, but don't dare get too far from my computer and fax machine so I had to call them back this morning and cancel.
Got the carpets cleaned yesterday, they look so nice. They wanted to know how old my carpet was and I had to think, I believe it is 15 years or longer and they were amazed, it was really good carpet and has held up well but it did need a good cleaning. Got a few windows washed in the rooms I could get to, will do a few more today. Hope DH will get out and powerwash the patio so I can finish working on that.
Our weather is supposed to be super hot this weekend, yucko!
Yes, I am doing well on my byetta, I think I had better just stick to what is working for me.
Have a great day everyone!
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #26

Well, we're all done at the vet for another year. I got her 3yr vaccines so next year and the next all she'll need is heartworm testing and her meds. She got some yummy turkey jerky from American turkeys for her shopping treat. And a Furminator. Oh my, that tool is a miracle!!!!! Expensive, which is why I haven't gottten it before now, but oh how I wish I hadn't waited. I brushed her out at least 3x in the last week, working on her undercoat and using the Furminator I still got tons of hair out in about 1/4 of the time too. I'll be keeping that little jewel handy for sure. They say it works well on Labs too so I'll see if DS wants to try it on his.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #27

Oh..Buffy..how frustrating on that bonding stuff..Who cleaned your carpets? I used to love Chemdry, but we don't have one around here..

Sandy: I got a Furminator for Alex (shortish hair kitty) and I think I overdid it on one spot on his back. The fur is a little thin there..Does Bailey shed much?
Old 06-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #28

Does Bailey shed much? Is the pope Catholic, lolol. I'm pretty sure if you look up shedding dogs in the dictionary you'd find her picture. The other Eskies in the family get shaved, but I hope I never get to that point. Their fur changed after they were shaved and it's not as pretty now. I figured I'd better take it easy and not overdo it in my enthusiasm. It warned about that on the instructions but it's hard to stop when it's doing such a good job!
Old 06-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #29

LOL..Little Bailey does look like a snowball, no wonder she sheds..

Ds just called..he is buying a gift for his friend (he is an usher in his wedding)..Question one: Should I wrap it? Me: Yes, of course..and get a card and a bow. He is getting them a fryer..LOL..cuz they love to fry stuff. He had better put it in a brown paper wrapping to avoid comments from the guests..LOL..
Old 06-03-2010, 02:05 PM   #30
Princess Proofreader

Everyone has been so busy!!

DS17 is still doing well.
If he doesn't get dry sockets in the next couple of days, I think we're home free.
Fingers crossed!

DS21 and his GF, Emily, are having a lazy day and just hanging around the house.
So I grabbed a friend and visited mom, ate lunch and found StriVectin at Bergners at 20% off! Yay!

Tonight is drinks with BFF Jody and then dinner with her and a bunch of HS friends.
Then bed - I'm pooped!