Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Mk, sorry to hear about your mom, let us know how she is doing tomorrow.

I am going to take the triplets to Toy Story on Tues. or Wed. and taking along their mom and DD#2 as well. Everyone wants to see it.

Who knows on those windows Carolyn, if you have the room to store them, might as well.

I did feel better today, not nearly as bad a backache. Have a baby shower to go to tomorrow so hopefully, will feel like going to that. Ran over to DD#3 tonight, they had some of the rest of the family over for a swim party, we didn't feel like staying but wanted to see most of the grandkids who live around here, were there. 10YO was missing, he was at his dad's for the week but is due home tomorrow. I get to keep him on Mon and Tues. Hoping that he will want to go to Toy Story too. Got to put the baby to sleep, wow, can't believe she is almost 6 months old. Precious.

Night everyone.

Last edited by Buffy45; 06-18-2010 at 08:15 PM..
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2010, 08:17 PM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Lucky Mema.. I'm sure the 10 yr.old would love TS3..If he hasn't already seen it with his dad..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:37 AM   #153
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Gee, another hot day here.
Down a couple of lbs after a week of more careful eating. Wouldn't it be nice to have a cook so that they could fix us our food according to our diet plan and make it so yummy that we were satified with it, I think I could stick to it if it was made up, I just get lazy and grab convenient things, which are usually not the right things.
Think it is going to be a quiet weekend, which is good, next week has really filled up.
Still working on transferring data over to new computer and have more ripe bananas, need to make more banana bread. DH loves it, so it is always welcome around here.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #154
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Good news - blood count up to 10.1!
I'm sitting in the hospital waiting room waiting for her to wake up!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #155

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Prayers for your momma MK. That's always scary when they're in the hospital for anything.

Carolyn, I had to chuckle at "saving" the windows. My dad's basement in full of "saved" stuff and guess who'll get to deal with all of it someday. I guess there's still hope that me and my brother can influence him to get rid of most or all of it soon.

Buffy, poor Oprah still struggles with her weight even after years with her private chefs so I don't really think that's a total fix. We just love our good foods and are going to break down and have them sometimes. It's just making sure it's only sometimes that we need to work on.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shonmarie
WOE: EFGT/PP
Start Date: 1/23/10
Hi everyone. Sorry I've been so absent, but we've just been really busy trying to get my sister back on track. Most everything is packed and we'll move her either Monday or Tuesday next week.

Did anyone hear from Judy and how her knee surgery went?

MK, sorry to hear about your mom but I'm happy that her blood count is coming back up. I'll keep her in my prayers. Glad you had a nice time in Aspen. Any pics?

Buffy, sure would be nice to have a cook - especially right now! Any volunteers?!!! I've been carefully eating, though not really enough. And the stupid scale just won't budge - not up, not down! Just NOT!

Sandy, just caught up with the flooding at your dad's. Did you get that resolved?

And Carolyn, how's your deck/pool project coming? I'd like to get into a pool right about now. Any pool, big, little or kiddie, although that probably wouldn't hold me!

My dishwasher broke yesterday. Went out to Lowe's and bought a new one. Hopefully they can install it sometime next week. Washing dishes by hand really is not good for the mani! Bought a Maytag stainless - not top of the line but it's really nice. There was also money left in the Ohio Appliance Rebate program, so I was able to send in my request for a $100.00 rebate! That made dh really happy!

Going to see my Aunt with my other sister tomorrow. She had a stroke about a week ago and is not doing too well. We'll stay the day and have lunch with my cousins. They live in Youngstown which is only about an hour away. While it will be difficult to see my aunt like that, it will be a nice break from the turmoil of the past several weeks.

Well, gotta get some laundry done and dinner made. I'll touch base next week sometime. Everyone have a great weekend and stay cool!
Old 06-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #157
Big Yapper!!!!

Glad you checked in Shon, and sorry about your Aunt. You really have had your plateful lately, but sounds like you are making progress.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:48 AM   #158

Good morning from Manhattan..

Brett's birthday yesterday, so we took 7 of his friends out to Brookville Hotel...fried chicken, mashed taters,...all family style. Needless to say, they ate alot..and Brett got to take some home with the boys..One roomie has a second interview in KCity..the roomie said that that was his father's Father's Day gift..an interview.

So nice to see you, Shon..Sorry about your dear little aunt..It is so tough seeing relatives getting old, isn't it?

MK: Glad your mom is getting better..Have they found out where it was going from?

Buffy: Good for you.. Careful eating is the key..for me, too..and smaller meals.

Yup, Gary "thinks" he can put those windows on his parent's screened in porch so the rain doesn't come in..Then he admits, they could go to the junk pile, too.. Of course women are always right.. Pool deck construction had an interrupt..LOL..

Akk...a broken dishwasher...been there, done that. It makes you appreciate it more when you get a new one, Shon..My minlaw never had a dishwasher, so during family meals she and I washed..It is good "family" time, though.

Taking some stuff out of Brett's room here and bringing it home..His room looks like a bomb went off in it..No kidding..

Cya later..Church, then visit a little, then to Topeka to look at Lowe's window stuff..

Old 06-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #159
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning.
Still not feeling very good. I think I am better, then I feel worse, back and forth. I think this antibiotic must be one of the ones that upset the stomqch, I feel nausea all the time and just achy almost like I have the flu. Even the UTI sypmtoms haven't completely gone away. Give it a couple ,more days then will call Dr. and see if I should be better, much better, feeling this way, or ????
Going to just take it easy today.
Once again, hot, hot, hot, hot here. It is miserable and poor DGS 10 has baseball tournament, 2 games yesterday and up to 3 today. I really don't think they should have those kids play that much in this kind of heat.
Sounds like a good time Carolyn and I am sure Brett will be glad you haul some stuff out of his room.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #160
Princess Proofreader

Took a break last night and saw Toy Story 3 with some friends.
Thinking about calling the hospital today instead of going over - the long drive is getting to be . . . long!

Carolyn - just last week we were passing through Manhattan and Topeka!

Buffy - feel better!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #161

Praying that everybody who is feeling badly feels much better very soon. And wishing all the dads a great father's day too. We went to DD's first thing. She made a big country breakfast for her family and us. It was very yummy.
Last night we went out for our 42nd anniversary which is actually today too. We went to Yia Yia's Euro Bistro and had the most delicious scallops and orzo with crab meal I think I've ever had. It was wonderful. Then we just came home and relaxed until it got cooler. Then we drove out through the park and watched the deer roaming about. There was a brand new baby fawn with one of the does. It was still wobbly on it's feet.

I read an article last week about embracing your naturally wavy hair so I've been trying it the last few days. I'd forgotten exactly how wavy my hair is! And I actually like it like this for a change. And it's easy, that's for sure.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #162
Princess Proofreader

Sandy!

Old 06-20-2010, 07:39 PM   #163
Princess Proofreader

I would embrace wavy hair - it's frizzy hair I don't like. Totally unmanageable when it gets humid!
Old 06-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #164

Mine usually gets bushy but this time I used a leave in conditioner and some super hold hairspray that I can't even tell is on my hair. It's really amazing! How did your Brazilian Blow Out turn out? I can't wait to hear how it holds up too.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:01 AM   #165
Princess Proofreader

Sandy - the Brazilian Blowout! Love it!
So far, so good.
It's soft and manageable - just like when I was younger!
Old 06-21-2010, 07:07 AM   #166
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Sandy - the Brazilian Blowout! Love it!
So far, so good.
It's soft and manageable - just like when I was younger!
What did they do that was different?

I will take my camera today and get a pic of DHOR10. Not much here, just waiting for the next rain!

Sandy, I love Yia' Yia's!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:40 AM   #167
Princess Proofreader

Exercised.
It was hard today - or I'm horribly out of shape!

Not going over to visit Mom because her "procedures" won't start until about 11:00.

And I have a doc appt at 4:00 to discuss my kidney stone.

Cindy - no clue what's in it, but it's this whole system for the Blowout. All I have to do now is use their deep conditioner twice a week and it's supposed to stay straight (and non-frizzy) for 10-12 weeks!
Old 06-21-2010, 09:24 AM   #168

Hi ladies and Gord.

Oh..Buffy..yuck on the antibiotic..and you take it with food, of course, right?? You should be better now, I think..If you aren't better tomorrow, you need to call, I think.

MKay: What tests are they doing on your mom? Gosh, and your kidney stone, too..My brother had his blasted..was a little sore, but it worked.

Okay..I went to the doctor today, too..What a bunch of sickies..My throat was killing me and I couldn't talk..(not good) this morning and I was afraid of Strep..No strep, but lots of swelling in my nose..LOL..He gave me antiobiotics and told me to take Mucinex..
It is mainly allergies, which are really bad now..But, I feel better already.

Sandy: I'm sure the kids have eaten there, too..Glad you liked it..I love scallops..alot.

Cindy: We love to see your beautiful horse with his new "do"..

Well, one trip down of Brett's stuff..one tv..and a bunch of clothes. We will need a pickup load in July and maybe 2 cars worth. Will see Brett on the 4th when he and Zack help with the fireworks in Wichita, so will get another load then.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:37 AM   #169
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning everyone.
Well, we are a bunch of sickies, aren't we. Hope you get well soon Carolyn, I have never seen the allergies as bad as this year.
I have a call in to my Dr. for a different antibiotic, I am still not well but actually felt better off of the first antibiotic, it was making me feel bad, while making me better. Hmmm
Yes, Cindy, send picture of DHOR with his beautiful hair color.
Sandy, do you remember where you read that article about embracing your natural wave? Now that my hair is getting a little wavy, I really want to do this but not sure if I actually have enough wave. I have tried it a couple of times and it is just ok, kind of lacks "oomph" but like you said, very easy and I think if my hair was thicker, I would love it. My stepdaughter and SIL both wear theirs this way and I love how natural and pretty it looks. Glad that is back in style.
MK, good luck on the kidney stone, and I can only imagine making that trip to see your mom daily, exhausting.
DD#3 had a birthday yesterday so she, her sister and I are going out to eat tonight to celebrate. Not sure where she wants to go yet but I am looking forward to a good meal out.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:49 AM   #170

When ds was little with the ear infections, he had to go straight to augmentin for his antibiotics cuz the pink stuff didn't work for him..Glad you are calling your dr.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:36 AM   #171

I've tried and tried to find that hair article Buffy but no luck. It was one of those featured articles on Yahoo that show up when you first get online if Yahoo is your home page. It mainly said just to wash, rinse, wrap in towel, spray in leave in conditioner and then a styling gel and scrunch and let dry. I didn't have any styling gel so used extra hold hair spray and it worked great. I have to wash it today but it's been 3 days and that's unheard of with my hair usually. In the a.m. after I brush thru it, I just spritz a bit more water on it, scrunch and go. I'm thinking I could get used to this for summer especially, lol. I kept making DH reassure me that it looked good and then I saw DD and DGD and they both told me it was cute, so I think I'm all good, lol.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #172
Princess Proofreader

I had the kidney stone when we were traveling - went to the ER at North Kansas City Hospital actually.

This is my follow-up appt.

Mom is having a colonoscopy and some other 'oscopies' so they can see if something is bleeding.

Carolyn - Ick! I've been taking a daily Claritin D. It's been a bad allergy year!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:01 AM   #173
Princess Proofreader

Sandy - pic of your new hair?
Old 06-21-2010, 11:50 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susique333
Stats: started at 230+ Type2 Diabetes Insulin
WOE: LOW CARB, higher fat
Start Date: summer 2007 RESTART May 2012
Im back!

Hello folks, Im a oldie from a few years back and Carolyn invited to to joise this thread.
susique333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
I had the kidney stone when we were traveling - went to the ER at North Kansas City Hospital actually.

This is my follow-up appt.

Mom is having a colonoscopy and some other 'oscopies' so they can see if something is bleeding.

Carolyn - Ick! I've been taking a daily Claritin D. It's been a bad allergy year!
Yes, they scoped Betty's tummy and found out she had a bleeding ulcer..They just gave her meds and let it heal..That was years ago..I hope they find out where the leak is, MK..

Oh..Sandy, did I miss your new style? Is it shorter?

I do feel lots better after medicating myself..I even made some turnip potato salad to go with the burgers..I cook the turnip (chunked) in water and add some cream to take the bite out of it..

Susie: Glad you found us again..
Old 06-21-2010, 01:53 PM   #176

No, no cut, just letting the waves go au naturelle, lol. I'll try to get a pic. I'm doing it again today, so I hope it turns out well again.

MK, did you pass the stone? How big did they say it was? I have 2 but they say they should pass on their own. When they decide to do that I hope I'm oblivious to it, lol.

Welcome, Susie!!
Old 06-21-2010, 04:24 PM   #177
Princess Proofreader

Hi Susan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Yes, they scoped Betty's tummy and found out she had a bleeding ulcer..They just gave her meds and let it heal..That was years ago..I hope they find out where the leak is, MK..

They didn't find a thing wrong with my mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
MK, did you pass the stone? How big did they say it was? I have 2 but they say they should pass on their own. When they decide to do that I hope I'm oblivious to it, LOL.
I passed it while I was in the ER.
But no clue when or where.
Or how big!

Trust me - you'll know when it happens!
Old 06-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #178

That's what I'm afraid of!!! I can feel it when it decides to move around. That's how I discovered I had them in the first place. I'm always so afraid they're going to decide to do something when I'm on vacation. Especially in Mexico!! I keep my fingers crossed on that one, lol.

I'm glad they didn't find anything wrong with your mom but what are they saying is the cause of the blood drop now? Do you think it was an error?
Old 06-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: susique333
Stats: started at 230+ Type2 Diabetes Insulin
WOE: LOW CARB, higher fat
Start Date: summer 2007 RESTART May 2012
Miracle Noodles Shirataki Noodles

Carolyn, it has been such a long time! Im sure lots of changes in everyones families. I will lurk for a bit til I get a handle on the topics going on!
susique333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:21 AM   #180
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
That's what I'm afraid of!!! I can feel it when it decides to move around. That's how I discovered I had them in the first place. I'm always so afraid they're going to decide to do something when I'm on vacation. Especially in Mexico!! I keep my fingers crossed on that one, lol.

I'm glad they didn't find anything wrong with your mom but what are they saying is the cause of the blood drop now? Do you think it was an error?
Unfortunately, I don't think you get to pick when they decide to come out!
You can feel them in your kidneys??

It couldn't have been an error - she was too lethargic for that. So week she couldn't even stand on the scale!

I'll call the doc's office today and see what he says.