Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #91
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Morning All! Shampoo'd DHOR10 with a red henna shampoo made for horses. He is always this fantastic dark chestnut after and it lasts about 2 months. He always looks at me like, "Seriously, I'm getting my hair colored??!!"

Going out to do yard work. I spray a repellent on my daylillies and hostas to keep the deer away. It helps but is not fool proof with deer!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2010, 12:30 PM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Does your DHOR10 like to be shampooed? I would think it would feel good..and what a result..

The boys left..so washing sheets for dd's arrival tomorrow night..

Anyone watch So You Think You Can Dance?? Fab dancers, but I was dissappointed that
black dancer who hurt his leg didn't make it..grumble..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Oh Cindy, that is great, LOL, that your DHOR is getting a henna color, bet he is beautiful!
Haven't watched that show Carolyn.
Waiting for my company to come, they will be here soon.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:43 PM   #94

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Buffy, have a wonderful time with your house guests. It sounds like you'll really enjoy them being there. I'm glad you got your AC up and working great.

Cindy, is that shampoo Mane & Tail brand? I used to use that shampoo and cond. on my hair a long time ago. Maybe I need a henna rinse, lol. If you can find Lifebuoy soap bars they say that's a great deterrent for deer. I don't remember seeing it lately though.

Carolyn, it'll be nice to have Beth there for the weekend won't it? You're turning into a regular B&B aren't you?

I'm going with my DD to their BBQ comp. tomorrow about noon and then my DH is meeting us there after he gets off work. It's pretty close to where he's working so he won't have to come clear home and then back again. And youngest DGD is spending the night Sat. night with us so that'll be fun.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:51 PM   #95

Oh..those great BBQ competitions are fun, Sandy..especially when you get to eat it.

Buffy: Have fun with your relatives..Do you eat out often when you have company or do you cook?
Old 06-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #96
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Does your DHOR10 like to be shampooed? I would think it would feel good..and what a result..
It isn't the water he dislikes, it is the movement and hissing of the hose. Too snake like!
Old 06-10-2010, 08:14 PM   #97

Ewww, Cindy..I don't blame him..
Old 06-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #98

Hi ladies..and Gord.

Looks like rain..Did my exercise, now off to do some WWagon calls..Seeing if we can catch peeps at home.

Kids are coming in tonight..Dh is coming back tonight..So, it will be a little noisier around here..That's a good thing.

Cya later.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: judytab
WOE: general LC
Hi Everyone. I haven't been on the computer as much as usual lately. I've been busy trying to prepare for meals for the next few weeks while recuperating though I really haven't cooked as much as I wanted to. Last time my poor DH had to provide my meals for quite a while - it was several weeks before I was up to doing anything in the kitchen. Actually, after the last knee surgery, I had almost no appetite for the first few weeks but with me trying to do LC we can't depend on eating things like sandwiches, etc. I did freeze a bunch of hamburger patties and chicken that he can grill, etc. and made some gumbo to freeze in meal size portions. with that and pkgd salad green, I guess we will be OK. I've been trying to keep my blood sugar low but we went to lunch for our sil's BD today to a restaurant called Babe's Chicken House and it did me in. It's a place where each person orders a meat entree and they serve bowls of side dishes and delicious biscuits where everyone serves themselves. It's just impossible for me to pass up the starches at that place. Even the salad is full of carbs because they toss a big bowl of lettuce with a SWEET dressing (I can pass that up). But I couldn't refuse to celebrate with my dear sweet sil - he really is like a son to us.

This was probably not the best time for me to get on this thread because after the last surgery, I really didn't use the computer at all for quite a while as it was very uncomfortable to sit here for any length of time. I will keep up with you all as much as possible and will reintroduce myself again in a few weeks. I really do enjoy your "conversations".
Old 06-11-2010, 07:38 PM   #100

Dkids arrived safely..went to the sportsbar for their first night of reunion..Dd had a new hairdo..looked very cute.

Oh..when is your surgery, Judy...Let us know..I know some places it is hard to pass up the carbs..

Dh made it home, too..I told him how excited I was to get my pool...(LOL).
Old 06-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Carolyn, my surgery is this Monday 6/14 and I'm just as nervous as I was last time but so anxious to get it over with. We had to take our DGS6 to the emergency room yesterday to get staples in his knee after running and falling at mcdonalds. I told him that we will both have staples in our knees. He and his 4yr old brother just have to run and climb everywhere they go - I think we're getting too old for this!
judytab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 09:09 AM   #102

Hi ladies..

Judy: Will be praying for a good surgery and peace for you.. Those little dgsons are sure busy, aren't they?

dh got the wood for my pool deck.. First step.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Carolyn, hope you get your pool soon. I need to get into some kind of water aerobics after I recuperate enough. my DGDs 21 and 18 teach swimming at a pool that has a good program and they are trying to get me to go there. If I can just get over the swim suit phobia!
judytab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 01:51 PM   #104

LOL..My dear dh spent over $300 for lumber for my pool deck..He is out there in the hot sun digging a little trench.. The pool only costs 49, but I think it will be a nice lower
deck to have anyway..
Old 06-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #105

AKK..Dinner out with dh and soninlaw and their local friend..Dd was at her class reunion.
I had pasta..and a roll..I'm sure I'll be UP tomorrow on the old scale..
Old 06-13-2010, 12:20 PM   #106

Hi..

Still at 148..up a little from a few days back..Had lunch with kids and Shawn's parents.
They are dh's age, but have some health problems..

It's hot as the devil here...90's. Just wondering what will happen to the Big 12??

Hope everyone is doing okay.

MKay is in Aspen, so she must be nice and cool.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:23 PM   #107

Hey..Beth had a great reunion and enjoyed seeing her old friends again..this is good.
New windows tomorrow.. Just got to move the furniture away from the windows..
The installer said it should only take a day..We have 6 large holes and 12 windows..Now, I'll have no excuse to clean them..And they will all have locks..(good deal).

Old 06-14-2010, 04:22 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shonmarie
WOE: EFGT/PP
Start Date: 1/23/10
Hi everyone! Judy, will be thinking of you today for your surgery. Everything will be ok!

Carolyn, looks like you've been holding down the fort! Hope everyone is having nice vacations. Been helping sis with this packing and move. Just when I think there's no more to pack - there is! Oh well, just a few more weeks and she'll be moved. Then the emotional impact will hit. Will deal with that later.

Went to in-laws yesterday. Some of dh's relatives were in from Pittsburgh - hadn't seen them in awhile. It was fun to see everyone. Had dinner - big Italian dinner - but I did really well and didn't so much as have a crumb of all the beautiful Italian desserts! I was really proud of myself, but oh man, could I have just eaten all of them!

Having coffee then getting ready to go back to my sister's house. Won't stay all day, though. It's just too hot and humid and it wipes me out, as it does her. It's just easier in the morning hours and we seem to be pacing just right. She goes into work anyway, at 2:00. Only 2 weeks left, but I think we'll be fine.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:32 AM   #109

Carolyn, you'll love the windows but I bet the keeping them clean wears off. This from someone who's "been there done that". I was so excited when we bought our house and it had the tilt windows in it. I said the same thing about having no excuse, but alas! I've found a few now, lol.

Shon, hang in there. This time you're spending with your sister is probably way more valuable than just helping her pack and get moved. And good job on your resistance. You're a stronger woman than I. Especially lately. I've been tumbling to temptation way too often.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:17 AM   #110

Good morning..Rain here..

Dd left for her thyroid doctor's appointment..(my doctor)..I hope she will get some wisdom and maybe an upgrade if she needs it..

Sandy: I know what you mean about cleaning the windows..LOL..I'm no saint when it comes to window cleaning, but at least once a year it will be easier..LOL.

Shon: God Bless You for doing this for your sissie..I'm sure we will be doing this for Brett in a couple of weeks..or this weekend..His birthday (23) is Saturday, so we are going up. I will bring dirt pudding..so the boys can enjoy it..

When is our MKay coming home?

Hi to Cindy..Prayers to Judy for a successful surgery, too.

Buffy: I hope you are getting cooler weather down there..

Old 06-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #111
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning dear friends!
My company got here Thursday afternoon, we had a wonderful time. Practically grew up with this BIL and so he really is like a brother to me. We visited each of my DD's who live nearby while they were here as they hadn't seen their homes, and ate out and ate at home. I had fixed just the right amount of food it seems that between that and eating out a couple of times, the food was almost gone by the time they left. They were impressed that I had fixed as much food ahead as I had, high five, LOL. Just easy things and I had made and froze a couple of things ahead. DS and I had mani/pedi's one day which we both really enjoyed and then slipped out and did a little shopping, not much but she wanted to get some of the Yellow Box flip flops and they don't have them where she lives so we found her two pair that she really liked. The left yesterday after breakfast and will be home in AZ by tonight if all goes as planned.
Sandy is right Carolyn, you will love the windows but it quickly is easy to put off cleaning them. But, when you do, they certainly are nice to clean. And, when I did ours last week, I used an all purpose concentrated cleaner I had purchased from Amway, you mix 1-3 drops per spray bottle depending on what you are cleaning. And then I used these cleaning cloths, I picked up at TJ's, sorry, can't remember what they were called but they were for streak free windows, etc. and wow, did they do a great job. Sure was easier than using paper towels by the roll full or newspapers. oh, and Carolyn, you will be amazed at how fast they change those windows out, with very little mess.

Judy, good luck on your surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear about your little DGS but boys are rowdy little guys. Just hang out with us and read the thread and jump in whenever it works for you.

Shon, good job at the family dinner and probably a nice little break from all the packing, etc. for your sister.

Cindy, horses are usually pretty spooked by snakes aren't they? Most all of us are too, LOL.

Sandy, how was the BBQ? Did they bring home any prizes? Can only imagine the good food and smells there. I had fixed a smoked brisket but in my oven awhile back, then chopped some of it and froze it for when my company was here. It sure made good sandwiches.

Ahhh, thinking of our MK in beautiful cool Aspen, that really is God's country in the summertime.

DS and DBIL live in AZ, so try to get away for a month every summer and this year they have rented a condo in Utah for the month of August, hmmm, sounds like a good place to go for a visit me thinks.

We are going back to Iowa over the 4th of July to see friends and family but that is all the traveling I have plans for now in the near future.

Oh, my AC is running well, it is so nice and so far it is keeping up with the heat but we will see once it gets over 100 again.

Oh, the cats pretty much hid in our bedroom while the company was here, they are enjoying the run of the house again. They are "shy".

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Buffy45; 06-14-2010 at 08:16 AM..
Old 06-14-2010, 09:57 AM   #112

Hi Buffy:

Glad you had a great time with your binlaw and sister..I'm sure the kitties will enjoy the freedom. Alex is right there when company comes, rubbing his face on their legs, jumping in their laps, etc.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:02 PM   #113

The BBQ was great but soooooo hot and muggy. The kids took 4th place in chicken and 10th overall so they were happy. It rained hard on them Friday evening late and Sat. morning but then turned off nice for the rest of the day.

We had tons of rain here last night and my dad's basement got a foot of water in it. And it's finished. And full of JUNK!! So youngest DGS and I went up there and dragged a ton of stuff to the curb for the trash. There's at least 4 tons more junk still there but my dad is holding on to stuff. I get irritated so fast about that, so when we were done we left. Better that than staying and saying something I might regret.
I thought my brother was going to be there too but he didn't come, grrrr. He's supposed to come tomorrow but I'm not sure what he'll do??? Oh well, I feel like I did what I should do and that's what's important I guess. And I was very proud of my grandson for coming and helping too.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #114

Oh, your poor dad, Sandy..What a mess..We know about floods in our town.. I'm sure the "drywall" was like a wick, huh? Will insurance help??
Old 06-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #115

No insurance help; they never put the water backup rider on their policy. And yes, I'm sure the sheet rock is sucking up as much as it can. There's paneling over the rock so ugh!!!! I'm sure it will just mildew and mold now. And his wet/dry vac has now quit working. What next????
Old 06-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #116
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I know..I know some places it is hard to pass up the carbs..

.(LOL).
Chips at Mexican restaurants............
Old 06-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
The undoing of many of us!

Morning everyone.
Oh Sandy, what a mess at your dad's house. And if everything is not hauled out and either thrown out or dried out and the walls torn down, it will turn into mold city and will be so unhealthy for him, and, become impossible to sell, if and when that might come up. I am so sorry that happened. We don't have basements here in TX, or seldom and I really really miss having a basement for the storage or extra room, but when something like this happens it is awful.

I got all the laundry done up yesterday, the bedding washed but that is about all I got done. I was so tired but after sleeping in a little this morning, think I am back to normal. Today will be office work.

Finally weighed this morning, I don't very often anymore but could feel it creeping up on me, I am up 4 lbs, so time to rein in the portions. Wish the weight loss effect of Byetta didn't wear off but it does for most of us.

Continued hot weather here and it looks like the humidity will be high again, as usual.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:19 AM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Yes..the problem is when I get to a Mexican place, It's usually after church and I'm starving..;( Chips are hard enough to resist when I'm not starving, but when I am..watch out...

Sandy: My friend June's hot water heater burst when she was away for a day or so..However, it was very clean water, but they just had real wood panelling, so they had to replace the bottom of the panelling, the carpet, and some walls in the bathroom..It cost her $25,000.. I think the insurance paid for most of it, though. They had giant fans on the carpet for about a week..Prayers for lots of help and a good resolution to this problem..

Well, I was still at 148 this morning..recovering from the pasta fiasco on Saturday night..

Starting a new bible study this afternoon..Should be fun..

Hugs all around.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #119

Well, my brother came today with about 5-6 other guys and just bulldozed over Dad and got rid of tons of stuff and they are tearing out the wet sheet rock areas. I went and bought another dehumidifier and he's got a bunch of fans running. I hope this all works well. Dad is still pretty emotional about it all too so I'm worried about him. I told him it's all just "stuff" and the important thing is his health and that he has his home. I'm glad it was my brother who did this. I took the wrath when I went through the whole upstairs with my mom a few years ago. It's somebody else's turn now.

I love chips. I love food. What else can I say, lol.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #120

Sandy: That is what it takes-- a bunch of guys ripping through the basement and getting rid of lots of soggy stuff. Is the carpet going, too? It is hard to save it..

We have a KState Alumni dinner tonight. Frank Martin is supposed to speak..Maybe he will address the Big 12 situation.