Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Oh..yes..Glad ds is doing well and your older ds is enjoying his gfriend..Is she from Wisconsin?
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2010, 07:28 PM   #32

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I finally retouched my roots today. I don't want to look like a skunk at DHs company picnic Saturday, lol. I should be set until time for vacation now.

I seem to be runninng out of day before I run out of things I need to do lately. I'm not used to my pool time eating into my day yet. I'm still adjusting to my summer schedule I guess.

Buffy, I sure hope everything is working out for that job. How frustrating!

MK, glad DS is doing well with his wisdom teeth. Sounds like you're busy this summer already too. It sure makes time fly by doesn't it?

I'm looking forward to sleeping in in the morning. I'm tired tonight.

C-ya tomorrow.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #33

Watched So You Think.....Dance tonight, then the Housewives of NYC..Jill is really pretty crabby and says mean things to many of the girls..No wonder Bethenny is splitting..
Old 06-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #34
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Sandy - now the "skunk" look is different . . . .

I hate that the summer is already slipping away!

Carolyn - yes, she's from Neenah, Wisconsin.
About 6 hours from here.
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:30 AM   #35

Hi..

Oh..our old pastor John Severson was from Neenah..It's the HQ's for Scott Paper, I think.

Not as really hot today, too, I think..dh will be home today, so need to go shopping..

Off to exercise, then to Wallies..big day..
Old 06-04-2010, 06:14 AM   #36
Princess Proofreader

Waiting on Emily to wake up so I can exercise . . . Should I go make some noise?
Old 06-04-2010, 06:17 AM   #37

Good luck, Mary Kay..Those college kids are good sleepers..
Old 06-04-2010, 06:42 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Carolyn, yes, it was ChemDry and I love it, the first time I used them but they did a fantastic job and it dries so much quicker. Will definitely use them again.
Hmmm, Sandy our little Skunky a roo! LOL
Great new picture MK.
Half my computer came yesterday, it was/is due to come today and I got all excited when the Fed Ex guy brought the Dell box to the door, I said, you have another box, right? He said nope, so, guess that will come today, so, I couldn't hook it up yesterday. It will come later today but DD decided to wait and bring the 2 little ones out later today and then tonight we are going to her sister's house for a cookout, so, will have to be patient. Tomorrow, Tinker has to go to the Vet, which is not a happy day, and then DD#2 and I are going to Neiman's for a beauty event. One of these days, one of these beauty events is going to work, LOL.
Shon, hope things are moving along with you and helping your sister out.
Still no contract on the big job, bonding company and the city both insisting they use their own forms, and neither will bend. People in offices who don't even understand the work being done, making stupid decisions. AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH
Got more windows washed yesterday, about 2/3rds of the way done with them now. Got the lower cabinets in the kitchen waxed so will try to get the upper ones today.

DGS that just turned 2 is hilarious right now, he is so funny and so fun to watch him develop and learn and be funny and silly. His nanny only speaks spanish, his dad both english and spanish, my DD speaks english and quite a bit of spanish so he talks in both languages and mixes it all up. It is great and I am learning some words in the process. Yesterday he was pretending he was a snake and telling DD to run Mommy, but he was speaking spanish, LOL. He saw a kitten outside and came running in and wanted to call Mema (me) and tell me all about the kitten. Ah, what fun!
Better get to work, doing all this extra house cleaning is keeping me really busy with my usual office work, etc. It is good for me though, I should do all my cleaning since I just work part time but am hanging on to the cleaning lady for as long as I can :-)
Have a great day everyone.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #39

I love ChemDry, but we don't have it around here.. I used them in WDesMoines to get the bottle of ketchup that ds2 spilled on our beige family room carpet..What's up with our Tinker???? It would be great if DGS grew up bilingual..how neat and how fun.
Old 06-04-2010, 10:28 AM   #40

Here is part one of a podcast with Jimmy Moore and Barry Groves:

http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/s...rry-groves.mp3
Old 06-04-2010, 11:34 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, the furminator is great, although my cats don't like it much, they run and I have to hold them down and try not to do it too rough, but it takes out tons of fur as 3 of them have long hair.
Tinker is going in for annual and has to get a cortisone shot, he has allergies and gets to licking himself raw in areas, must be terribly itchy.
DGS will definitely be bilingual, all of his daddy's family speak spanish fluently.
Carolyn, was it you who said you watched Real Housewives? I am so addicted to that show, my DD's and I all watch it and carry on about them all. Yes, Jill has really gotten mean this season and can't seem to listen to anyone long enough to realize it.
Back to work....
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #42

Well, I think Sandy watches it regularly, I think..I just caught up with it the other night for the finale..I think Jill is going to lose friends and they will gang up against her for her rude comments..Now, does the furminator keep the kitties from shedding? I gave mine to dd for her long hair cat..
Old 06-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #43
Princess Proofreader

I woke up Emily and we took a walk.
Then she went to the pool to see DS21, I ran errands, and then made lasagna for DS17 and his GF Anna, DS21 and Emily, and DH and I.

I had to make a special one for me with all the non-dairy stuff.

It will take me all year to eat it.
As soon as it's cold, I'm freezing it.

Buffy - did you get the rest of your Dell?
How cool that DGS will bt bilingual!! I wish I was fluent in another language!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:43 PM   #44

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
That is so cool about the little DGS being bi-lingual. My pup knows some Spanish, lol. Just from me practicing on her. DH tells everybody she can speak Spanish. She knows: Are you hungry?- Do you want to go for a walk?- Are you thirsty?- Do you want dinner? It's so funny to see her perk up when I start speaking to her in Spanish. She knows "my" Spanish which doesn't necessarily mean real Spanish, lol.

All the Real Housewives shows are my dirty little secret, lolol. I accidentally started watching RHofOC one day and it was like a train wreck. I had to look and then I was hooked. And yes, I think Jill got very mean this year and I think Kelly is a nutcase!!!! When we go to Orange County, CA for vacation I'm actually housewife hunting, lol. Not like they'd even speak to a peon like me, lol.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:35 PM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes Sandy, I got hooked on RHW's when I was sick in bed one day, they were doing one of those all day marathons and yes, I got hooked, been watching ever since. The New Jerseys ones are really good this year.
If you use the furminator often enough, it gets rid of a lot of the excess hair that they would then shed, so yes, it helps. But Tinker has decided he does not like it and he now bites me when I try to use it on him, and he has won on that one I guess.
I love it that you Pup knows your spanish!
Had a fun night with the kids and grandkids at my DD's house where they had a cookout, and then had a meeting at 9:30 with one of the guys who brought the contract on that big job to me so that I could get it signed and our guys could start work in the morning. Found out at 4:50 on a Fri. afternoon that the bonding was approved, so then they began furiously typing up the bond and the contract and it had to be signed before they could begin, so, met the guy at Ihop to get all 5 copies signed. Geez, thank heaven's most of our jobs aren't so difficult! I will sleep well tonight, I am sure.

Oh, I found out all of the computer stuff did come yesterday. Since I didn't order a monitor, or speakers, there was only the power cord in the box. No list of contents, like there usually is, not a big colored diagram or how to hook it up, just a little bitty booklet, the tower, and power cord. There was a keyboard and mouse which I don't need since I have wireless ones but sure much less than in the past. So, Sunday, guess what I will be doing, hooking that up.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:59 AM   #46

Hi everyone..

Dh got home at 12p.m...I actually slept until 8, which is really late for me..

I was 147 this morning..I think eliminating the cafe breve helped at the coffee shop.
I think they about a cup of cream in the coffee..I need to ask the owner. I just order
an Iced Americano and I add my own cream. It's cheaper and fewer calories.

I think we will do burgers on the grill tonight..no bun, of course..of course..unless I make oopsies.

Gotta work this morning..WWagon calls..Have a good day everyone.

Old 06-05-2010, 07:21 AM   #47
Princess Proofreader

I've been scared to weigh this week!

Congrats Carolyn!!

Easy day today, and sushi tonight!
Old 06-05-2010, 11:18 AM   #48

Met 2 interesting families this morning..We rewarded ourselves by lunch at McD's..Ceasar salad for me and an iced coffee..

Dd and her dh are coming down next weekend for Beth's 10 high school reunion..I hope she has fun there.

......Waiting for my pool platform...wait...wait..
Old 06-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #49

Part 2 of Barry Groves..this is very good..

http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/s...rry-groves.mp3
Old 06-05-2010, 12:35 PM   #50
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Shon: That is super great news..I'm sure your sister will start "healing" as soon as she moves into her new place. Keeping busy is important and she will be busy getting ready for the move..

Dh left for a short trip. We sorted out his "shirts"..and decided to keep the mediums/larges for Brett in case he wants them when he gets a job.. So, I have the xl's to wash, etc..

Hot today again..go exercise, get coffee, look for napkins for Rebecca's shower, have hair cut, go to the library in C'ville..and continue on the napkin search, if necessary.

Hugs all around..I wonder if Cindy is hot in Florida.
Yes Cindy is hot in Florida !! Hot and humid. I will catch up when I get home Monday.
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #51

Yeah...Hope you got to see Mickey and his friends, Cindy..Welcome back to cool KS..
90's here.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #52
Princess Proofreader

We had dinner out at a Japanese restaurant.
Yummy sushi - but I ate too much!

Back to walking tomorrow.

DS21's GF, Emily, leaves tomorrow.
Both boys work, so I'm going to see Letters to Juliet in the afternoon.
Anyone seen it?
Old 06-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #53

I LOVED Letters to Juliet..the scenery is fabulous..Makes you want to go to Italy right after the movie.

I bought those frozen Angus burgers at Wallie's and they weren't bad at all..for a frozen burger..
Old 06-06-2010, 05:17 AM   #54

Good morning ladies and Gord,

Up early..I have to take my thyroid meds one hour before food..Most of the time I don't have coffee until an hour later because of the cream I put in it..

I think Brett had a good time being an usher at his buddy's wedding yesterday. We will call him later this afternoon. Maybe he met a girl... who has a job.. Just kidding..

Have a great day everyone..off to church, lunch out, and home..Maybe I can get Gary to start on my pool platform with the wood he has now..ya think?
Old 06-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning peeps.
I slept until 10 AM this morning, it was a crazy, busy week and I just was so tired when I finally got to sleep last night.

Got the old computer moved and hooked back up so that I can still access things until I get everything transferred, then got the new one hooked up and running. New version of windows so learning curve. It found my internet hookup on it's own which was nice but still having trouble sending out email although I am receiving it at least. But, once I get that fixed, then I can take my time getting the rest of it set up.
Ran errands yesterday morning, got a few new things to freshen up the house before sis and her DH come, some placemats, throw rugs, pillows, that kind of thing. Then met DD#2 to introduce her to my sales associate at Neimans and she got a makeover while I played in the eye shadow.
Today I think I will be home all day which I am looking forward to.
Nothing wrong with DS meeting a girl with #1 a job, #2, even better, a very good job, LOL. Wealthy inlaws can be good too, :-)
Old 06-06-2010, 11:28 AM   #56

Hi:

Buffy, you must have needed that sleep, girl. I wish I could sleep in sometimes, but I wake up..even when dh isn't there. Oh..I'm sure your dd looked beautiful yesterday..
You have a personal sales assistant? How cool is that.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:40 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: judytab
WOE: general LC
I am new to this thread which I found from Carolyn's posts in the recipe forum. I have read all the threads in this forum and gotten interested in eat fat get thin. I like the idea of it very much but at times worry about the fat - the low fat meme just becomes so ingrained, it's hard to ovrlook it sometimes!

Anyway, I have been enjoying reading all of your posts for about a month now. You all lead such active lifestyles! Maybe it's because I'm older than you all are and have been more or less laid up for the better part of several years with osteo arthritis in my knees, but I mostly stay home and visit on the computer. Actually I am devoting this year to fixing my knees. I turned 70 in March and decided that if I didn't do it now, I would never do it. So I had my 1st knee replacement in Jan and am ready to have the 2nd one done on June 14. Hopefully by this time next year, I will be completely mobile. DH and I are celebrating our 50th anniversary in Aug and were hoping to do a nice trip by then, but I don't think I will yet be able to at that point in time - so we will put it off for a few mo.

Carolyn, as I mentioned, I am familiar with you from the recipe forum and all your yummy recipes. I am determined to start losing this weight and am hoping EFGT will help. Actually, I have been trying to eat VLC lately and it is helping. So all those dessert recipes will have to wait!

Buffy, I have been familiar with you also from this and other forums througout the years. I am interested in your Byetta experience. I am diabetic and used it for about a year and finally had to quit it because it made me too sick. Took the 5 pen for awhile until it seemed to stop working then when I did the 10 pen, it made me sick as a dog throwing up. I finally decided to take insulin, which I had been avoiding for years even though my dr wanted me to take it. I just take it at night and if I keep my diet sufficiently LC, I do well with it. I don't know why I waited so long to do it. I read Dr Bernstein's books and he advocates not waiting but I just didn't want to take shots everyday. BTW, I read that you liked ChemDry. I want to get my carpets cleaned before my surgery so may try them.

I feel I'm getting to know all the others on this forum also and will keep up with it. I need all the support I can get. I have also been reading the Non-Specific LC/VLC/ZC thread from the Other Plans forum and getting a lot of good ideas on eating VLC from it.
_____
Judy
judytab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:46 AM   #58

Hi Judy..

So nice to see you..You need to listen to those podcasts of Barry's in the above posts, especially the second one. He talks about diabetes, etc..He says we need no carbs for a healthy life..Most LC experts feel this way, too. As long as we are eating good fats and proteins. Of course, carbs (veggies) make life interesting, so they are good in moderation.

My good friend went on insulin after being on meds and her blood sugar is so much more controllable..Good luck with your surgery next week..I'm sure you will do fine..
Keep posting..we'd love to get to know you.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:05 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: judytab
WOE: general LC
Carolyn, I wanted to thank you for the link to those podcasts but forgot in the 1st email. I am definitely going to listen to them soon. Thanks.

A little more about myself. We have 3 children - 1 DS and 2 DDs and 8 grandchildren. All of them live in the Dallas area so we are happy about that. they range from 28 to 4˝ yrs old - 4 boys and 4 girls. Our 3rd one and 2nd DGD just graduated from HS and is going to UT in Austin in the fall. her older sister, almost 21, is going into her senior yr at UTD. The oldest, DGS1 is married and has finally decided go back to school and finish his college ed which, needless to say, makes me very happy.
judytab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #60

Judy, you are welcome..Our Buffy lives near Dallas, I think.. and she has many grandkiddos, too.

Okay..dh drew a picture of my pool platform and figured out how much wood to get.
Things are looking up. However, he won't be home this week..