Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 06:30 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: carla70
Stats: 215/215/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 03/10/2013
Fruit

I am thinking of trying this way of life.. I tried it once before but was not ready to change. I am ready now. I have the book by his the one for healthy living (girl on front sitting on a dock by the lake). But I haven't had time to read the posts here very much and I am sure this question has been answered already but I am going to ask anyway.

Is fruit ok on this plan to have from what I understand from book, alone? So for a snack??

I am excited reading this book now, and I have trying to get back on Atkins but this seems interesting and similar.

Thank you in advance for the anwers..

Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Carla: Welcome..

I think the best fruit is berries and don't have them alone..after a meal to slow down the
sugar levels..

However, everyone is different, so you could try some fruit but have some fat with it..

Welcome and just chime in..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dBailey
Stats: 209/175/175
WOE: maintenance
Carolyn...I'm new here and have been curious about Barry's ETGT plan...for a week now I've been lc and have increased my fat significantly although not as much as I'm sure Barry would recommend..I've gained one pound since then and am perplexed by that...I read about others on this board with other plans and they are lc but with much less fat intake than this plan and it's working, in fact I did a moderate lc with less fat once and it worked for me...I would have PMed you but haven't yet gotten the hang of navigating this site....what's been your results with low carb, medium protein and high fat?...thanks!
dennis
dBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
d: I do quite well on Barry's plan..Definitely NOT 2000 calories worth, but about 1200 calories worth. Everyone is different on their fat intake, I think..If you eat more protein or carbs, then you have to eat less fat..Less protein/carbs, more fat.

How many calories do you take in?
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dBailey
Stats: 209/175/175
WOE: maintenance
I had to add it all up...I used ********* dot com to figure it out...it looks like about 2,000 calories a day...would like to drop it to 1800...it's about 23% calories from carbs...25% from protein and 53% from fat....I've decided to cut the fat and see what happens, I had success before...
Dennis
dBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:38 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: synger
Stats: Start: 310 Current: 259
WOE: Calorie and carb counting, IR Diet framework
Start Date: IR/PCOS: Dx pre-diabetic 3/2010
I've found that as I increase my percentage of fat, my calories are going down on their own. I calorie count as a "framework" for my diet, and aim for fewer than 1800 calories/day. On days when my fat percentage is 50 or more, I usually only end up at 1300-1400 calories. I'm just not as hungry. It's been amazing to me!
synger is offline   Reply With Quote