Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
You better hurry up MK. Even going online half the time the headlines are giant spoilers for all the good shows. You know they've heard of DVR people, right? Lol.

Lake Erie is like the ocean to me Shon, lol. We just go on our small little Kansas and Missouri lakes. The KS ones can get pretty choppy at times but nothing like Erie. I went on a boat tour once while in Chicago and wow!

My glucose has always been fine Carolyn. I've just been playing around too much plus I'd lowered my thyroid a little a while back and ever since I did that I've been struggling much more. So back to my normal dose and hoping that helps. I was holding about 4# of water I guess b/c today I'm down those 4#. But I'm still too much above my cushion to feel safe.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2010, 08:51 AM   #182

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies and Gord.

I have a funeral this afternoon..A 36 year old lady died of a degenerative nerve disease. Her mom had it, too, but died at 55 with it. The mom didn't know she had it until she had the 3 girls. Only this daughter had it. She was married and had no children, thank heavens. So sad..It's a neighbor's daughter..

Sandy: Yup, that darned thyroid can make a big difference, can't it?

Speaking of lakes..yup those Great Lakes are more like the ocean, I think..waves, etc..
But they are beautiful..DD and her dh lived within walking distance of Lake Michigan in Evanston..very nice.

Brett is getting ready to leave..I think..He is writing his thank yous, then will head out to Manhattan just in time for his boxing class at night..He has to straighten out his
sleeping..I gave him some Sleep MD and Melatonin to help him. You can't stay up until
4 a.m.. not good for job hunting or your body either..He's on Hawaiian time, I think.

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:28 PM   #183
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Carolyn - I'd like to be on Hawaiian time - in Hawaii, of course!

Those young funerals are hard!!

Sandy - I'm almost through the 2nd episode - actually why I'm not getting any cleaning accomplished!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:30 PM   #184

The funeral was very nice..They had a video of the couple chatting and it was 3 years ago and she was very shakey then..But they did have some good years together, so that was a blessing..
Old 05-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #185
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Girls, sorry for the poor attendance this month but I am off to Orlando for 10 days this Friday so we will get caught up when I get back. Best to all! Talk at you soon.
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:17 PM   #186

Have fun Cindy! Soak up the Florida Sunshine.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:59 PM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Hi peeps.
Back and tired out from all the festivities but it was all very very nice and we had a very good time. Lots of pretty flowers, good food, pretty clothes and the bride and groom looked so young, beautiful and happy.
Carolyn, that is so sad about the young woman, one of my DD's co-workers is dying and leaving 2 daughters behind, a very quick moving illness. So sad for her and her family, friends and co-workers.
I didn't get anything done today, even napped awhile this afternoon.
Read all through everyone's weekend, it was fun following you all.
My SIL, mother of the groom, was telling me she had to change to the natural thyroid from Canada and was having great results from it. Showed me some new hair growth on her hairline and her long nails, and she also takes twice the amount of biotin that I do, so probably a combination of the two. I am going to ask my Dr. about changing to it though.
Ate badly all weekend and I feel the results of that, back on my protein shakes in the morning, I really felt better having that for breakfast.
My DS is a Golf Professional Apprentice and played in a qualifying tournament today, he missed the cut by 2 strokes, so he did well, only 5 out of 60 made the cut. He tries again in the fall at a course he knows well, he used to work there so have my fingers crossed he will make the cut there. He now can order his level one course study books and prepare for that test, there are several levels to go through. This is what he went to college to study for but dropped out, so now he is back, older, wiser, more mature and working at a golf course while going through the program. I am so proud of him for sticking to his dream, even if it took awhile for him to get to the point where he was ready to do what is required to get there.
Off to bed, still tired, always takes me 2-3 days to get back on track.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:26 AM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shonmarie
WOE: EFGT/PP
Start Date: 1/23/10
Hi everyone! Buffy, welcome home! Glad you had a good time. And congrats to your ds - I can see why you are proud of him. I'll bet he makes the cut in the fall!

Cindy, have a great time in Florida. I think it's going to be warmer here than there!

Carolyn, that is so sad about the death of this young woman. Sounds like she has been sick for awhile. Still, very difficult for family and friends to deal with.

MK, I think you sent us your hot & sticky weather - a/c went on last night and will probably be on the rest of the week. Not supposed to cool down until the weekend, so that should make for some good picnic weather! Anyone have any plans for Memorial Day?

Sandy, will your dd's boat be here in time for the holiday weekend? That would be fun - on a boat, sunny day, calm lake and some good wine!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:27 AM   #189
Princess Proofreader

Everyone is off on fun vacations!
I have to clean my house.

Going to the corner to pout.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:11 AM   #190

Hi..

Have fun with Mickey, Cindy.. I love Disneyland..LOL..My bro and his wife have gone down there 25 years in a row..Now, that is a bit much, but they loved it..

Buffy: Yes, yes on the ERFA thyroid. You can get a script from your doctor and fax it up to Canada, etc..Many peeps on the thyroid board do that. It is like the old Armour that everyone loved. Good for your son..following his dream is important and he seems really focussed.. How much biotin does she take? Maybe I should up mine, too.

Shon: In KS the a/c comes on early and often..No kidding..In IA, we would turn it on once in a while..Not so here..We have a 2 year old unit, so we are good to go..

I'm meeting my Des Moines friends in Lawrence..They are leaving early in the morning, so I will meet them earlier than normal..Plans are eating, shopping, movies, etc..Dh is in charge of the cat and his medications..So I had better print out the instructions again for the old boys..

Ds got a call on his way home from a recruiter in Wichita looking for a new Mechanical Eng grad with a 3.5..Seems an oil and gas company was looking for someone..So, he will pursue it, I'm sure. I told his dad..No oil rigs, please.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:07 AM   #191
Princess Proofreader

I walked this morning instead of spinning - probably didn't burn as many calories, but definitely a different workout! I'm out of breath!

Carolyn - definitely no oil rigs!!

Shon - sorry about the weather - looks like this all week!
Memorial Day . . . . going to see SATC - twice so far with different friends, but besides that - not sure. DH is going to KC to our niece's graduation. I need a weekend off.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:21 AM   #192

We don't really have holiday plans. My kids should have their boat by then but they're going with a group of friends camping/boating the whole weekend. We'll wait until we can just go for the day. Can't do the whole weekend thing anymore, lol. We have to have our mattress and the a/c for sure.

Good luck to the DS's around here on getting good jobs and passing tests. Today is my DS's birthday. We're all going to dinner tonight. But I'm being good!! I promise!!

I'm off to a new Dr. today. He's just a GP, which I haven't had for over 12 years. I figured I really should have a general medicine Dr. just for little things that might come up. My DD's family all go to him and love him. I've met him when I've taken DGD in for visits before and he does seem very nice. It seems like such a waste of time but I guess you have to start somewhere. I am going to talk to him about my sleeping. DH says I'm really snoring badly. So I'll probably have to undergo a sleep study. I told DH if I do that he's next in line! Lol.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:56 AM   #193
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning peeps!
Oh, it is so bad when I get so tired, and or, eat badly, then I sleep badly, or hardly sleep. Went to bed last night and could not get to sleep, and had overeaten at dinner, so about 2:30, when I finally was dozing off, here came the reflux! Arrggghhh, it is my own fault, I know when I overeat I am just asking for it. So, I dealt with that, finally got to sleep about 4:30, and slept until about 8:00 AM. Back on the protein shake with yogurt this morning for sure!!! I felt so good last week while eating right, why can't I learn?????
I have had AC on here off and on for a couple of months, I can't stand to be hot and humid and can't sleep with windows open due to allergies. Shon, enjoy your AC and be glad you don't have to run it as many months as we do, but then you have the heating bills!
Little DGS turns 2 on Friday and his birthday party is Sat. if they can all get completely over this stomach bug they have been having for the past week, so far they all have had it but the baby but it keeps coming back. That is our only plans for the weekend but I think I am going to try to throw together a SATC movie outing for my dinner club, see who all is up for that. Can't wait to see the new one.
Yes Carolyn, no oil rigs, scary! Good luck to Brett on his job hunting. At least he is getting interviews, know several grads who are still home working with their dads a year after graduating, but lucky their dads have a business they can help with.
MK, get out of that corner, come go to the SATC movie with me and my peeps and let the house go, those dustbunnies will still be there next week! Seeing the movie 3 times should really cheer you up! LOL
Cindy, have fun in Florida, I loved Disney with the grandson but would not want to go there year after year!!
Carolyn, I am going to ask my family Dr. for the script and that is what SIL does, gets it from Canada. I take 1000 mcg's of biotin daily, she said she and DH take 2000mcg's of it. She has some kind of chemistry degree but is a stay at home wife and spends many many hours researching health and b/c of her background, understands it all much better than I do. She is very into nutrition and natural healing and practices it. I love to visit with her about it and we seldom see each other to get the chance to do that. I sent her a list of questions after we visited this past weekend on websites, etc. and sent her a list of what meds and supplements I take. I hope she finds the time to respond.
Sandy, my GP takes care of all my medical needs except for the diabetes and I seriously am thinking of switching my care to him on that, then everything is handled by one person and they know what all I am taking, and will be treating everything. He is very good about sending you on to someone else if he thinks more testing, etc. is needed, so I feel pretty confident he can handle it as well as the endo I am seeing. I am going to put a call into his office and ask that either he or his nurse call me to talk about it. I have been going to him for quite awhile, he handles my BP issues and has done well on that. Also, closer and more convenient to go to.
Going to get to the laundry from the weekend and get through all the mail that stacked up, and, DGS 10 called to "make a reservation" at Mema's cafe for after school, LOL. We have a little game we play, I have a blackboard with an after school "special" written on it and he orders his snack from it when he walks home here after school. I treat him like a restaurant guest so last night he called me up and asked for a reservation, it was so sweet! Gosh, I love that little guy and he is growing up so fast on me.
Have a great day everyone!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:49 AM   #194

Hi everyone..

Thanks for the well wishes for my ds..I know he will get something, but it might take a little while.

Sandy...good luck with your new doctor..Oh..that sleep study stuff..I would hate it if you have to wear a machine at night, but maybe they can do something else..

Memorial Day plans? Gary's aunt might stop by as they visit a cemetery near us and his cousin and his wife will be with her..Then we have to decorate
Gary's parents' graves..or Betty will haunt us from above..This is a big deal down here..believe me.

I heard the new Shrek movie was really good.. I love him.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #195

Well, the new Dr. was great. He doesn't think I sound like I have sleep apnea so that's good. He prescribed me some nose spray to see if it helps me breathe better through my nose and he told me to be sure to have DH watch me for awhile when I wake him up to see if I quit breathing. If he thinks I am, then we'll need to do a sleep study. Maybe I just need a strap to keep my mouth shut, lol. He took plenty of time with me and I didn't feel rushed at all, which is wonderful! I probably won't ever quit my gyno b/c he's the one who manages all my bio id hormone treatments and I don't want to upset that apple cart for sure.

Buffy, that's a cute story about your DGS. I sure miss my older grandkids being little. We've always had a very close relationship and I miss that now that they're grown. I just don't have that same thing with the younger ones. Enjoy every moment, they'll be grown up in a flash!
Old 05-25-2010, 11:18 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Sandy, that's great that you've found a doctor that you like. It's sometimes so hard to get one who will spend time and listen. I didn't know you thought you might have apnea. I do and wear a cpap mask. I would breathe through my mouth because my nose was always so stuffed. My dr recommended a sleep study for many years, but the Italian stubborness in me resisted. Finally, when my ankles were swollen in the mornings and my bp was skyrocketing, I went for the study. They had me come back the very next day to be fitted for a mask - my oxygen level went dangerously low and the build-up of carbon dioxide was off the charts. Well, they put the mask on and I had the best night sleep I had in years! I guess I didn't realize the real danger my body was experiencing. Now, I wouldn't think of taking a nap without my mask on. It is so nice to have my nasal passages opened and to be able to breath through my nose and sleep through the night! It's been 3yrs and honestly, I don't think a bomb could wake me from my sleep!!
Shonmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #197

Good deal, Sandy..Have you ever tried those nose open-uppers? My dd used to make her dad wear one when we were on vacation all in one room..LOL

Shon: I have several friends who have the CPaP and it is a miracle thing once you get used to it, I think..
Old 05-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

I've heard it takes some people time to get used to it and some even don't. I never had that problem. The nurses put the mask on and I took to it like a fish in water! They even tried to start it out slowly - not for me - put it on full blast and went right to sleep! Love my mask!
Old 05-25-2010, 01:18 PM   #199

My mom had a mask and several friends do too. I don't have any of the other symptoms of apnea is why he's holding off on a sleep study for right now. So we'll see how everything goes now. I have used those nose strips but didn't have much luck with them. Right now with allergies it's worse than normal. DH snores too so it's a race to see who gets to sleep first, lol.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:40 PM   #200

I think everyone in KS has allergies this year.. They are terrible. Tell dh he can use earplugs..LOL
Old 05-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #201

Yep, I bought us some. Lol
Old 05-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #202

Beth would wear earplugs and make her dad wear that nose thing on vacation..LOLOL..
Old 05-25-2010, 07:20 PM   #203

So is his snoring better now?
Old 05-26-2010, 03:58 AM   #204

I think Gary's snoring improved with the nose thing, but he doesn't wear it anymore as I am used to it..He doesn't have bad snoring and when he does and I'm awake, I just give him a gentle nudge with my foot..and that snaps him out of it. Hope you get some relief with your spray, Sandy..

Off to Lawrence in a little while..see you all Friday..I'm taking my Atkins bars for the breakfast buffet at the SpringHill..I do think they have hard boiled eggs, too.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:11 AM   #205
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning.
Have a good time Carolyn.
DH snores bad, but refuses to do anything about it, but he will turn over when I wake him and tell him, but of course that is after he has kept me awake. I also snore when I lay on my back, so probably should check out the sleep study thing.
Just working in my office today and doing the last load of laundry and then the bedding.
DGS walking here after school again, since I am going to be home.
I need to go to the grocery store so might try to squeeze that in. More errands to do but that will be either Thurs. or Fri.
I finally got a Neti pot yesterday and used it for the first time last night, will be hard to get in the habit of using regularly but I am sure it would help these allergies from what I have read.
Not much else going on except things need to be done.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:08 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone. Dead battery this morning - just got back from getting it replaced. Was going to the grocery store, tried to start the car and "thud"! Nothing. Called AAA and had to wait for them to come jump me - took it up to Monro and they put in a new battery. I hate car stuff. Oh well - it's fine now.

Buffy, how do you like using the neti pot? I have been back and forth with getting one - only seen it on tv but don't know anyone who uses it.

Carolyn, have a fun trip!
Old 05-26-2010, 07:14 AM   #207

Have a great time in Lawrence Carolyn.

I don't use the neti-pot but I do use the Neil Med nasal rinse system. It does the same thing and to me is easier to use. It comes with little premeasured packets of stuff to rinse with too.

Dinner with the family was very nice last night. I wasn't as good as I could've been but I wasn't as bad as I could've been either so I guess it was a diet draw, lol.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:32 PM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

Evening.
Whew, busy day. Been working on a big job coming up, first the bidding process and it was for a city, so much much more detailed than our usual bids. Then, we won the bid but they required a bond, which in the 21 years we have been in business, we have never had to have, so had to find out how to do that, and apply, and still trying to finalise that. We have bus license, liability ins, all that is normally required but cities are different of course. Back and forth all day today, fax this, fax that, sign this, call in, email this person, that person, and in the middle of it all, this old 2005 computer I am using since my 2 year old laptop decided to up and die, just shut off on me! Blink, it was gone. So, I let it rest up for a couple of hours, then tried gingerly turning it back on and thank heavens it did come back on. So, in the midst of the business work, I got on Dell's website and ordered me a new desktop computer. I found that I seldom ever took my laptop out of the office, so for the money, could get more in a desktop. I am excited about it but it took quite awhile on the phone with a CS rep to go through all the specs and be sure I was getting what I wanted, thank heavens I am pretty computer savvy. It is supposed to be here no later than June 16 but if Dell is as good as they have been in the past, I expect to get it much sooner than that.
Then, the tv has been out in the den for about a week and DH was bugging me to call and get that fixed, so, I did and the geek squad guy insisted, thank heavens, that we go through some things before scheduling him to come out for a minimum $150 charge. The cats had unplugged a cord in the back!!! Those little rascals unplug lamps all the time, but this was a first. So, got that back up and running, no charge thank heavens.
And, I did make it to the grocery store, but had to take back the dry cleaning that DH had brought home earlier, they gave him someone else's order, thankfully, it is right by the grocery store. So, busy, busy day! Whew!
I don't love using the neti pot but it isn't hard, once I finally figured out what the instructions meant. You can sure feel it going clear up in your sinus cavities. Sandy, I will look up what you have, will probably wish I had found that before I ordered this.
Shon, I know what you mean, it is so frustrating to get ready to go somewhere and you car won't start. There is NEVER a good time for that. Batteries should give off a "hey, you need to replace me" beep or something.
Sandy, congrats on your diet draw! LOL
I just ate a little too much for dinner, I fixed the right things, but didn't stop quite soon enough and now I have that too full feeling.
BBL
Old 05-26-2010, 08:06 PM   #209

With the stressful day you had Buffy at least you still ate the right foods even if it was a bit more than you maybe should have. Stress makes me do bad things, lol.

Good save on the TV and good luck on your new computer.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:35 AM   #210
Princess Proofreader

Sorry I'm AWOL.

I just can't seem to cram everything into one day.

AND I missed 3 phone calls fro DD23 last night -

DH and I went out to dinner and then a 2.5 mile walk.

I finally saw the LOST finale - loved it!

I take a Claritin D everyday - the only way to keep my nose clear.

Sorry I've missed so much!!