Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 05:57 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi..

Yup, it is nice to be home..DB and his wife left for Tulsa at 4:45, so we hugged them goodbye. I'm glad they had a nice time..They are social so everyone got along really great.

My oldest brother Steve has had Type II for several years..He was chunky, and I don't know what he ate..probably alot of sandwiches for lunch. So, he went on a celery and steak diet for months and got his sugar levels down..Then it no longer worked, he was on meds, then insulin, which he finds easier to do because he doesn't have to be perfect on his diet..I'll have to call him and find out more.

Sandy: I did the same thing..light curtains in the bedroom..Dh wore a sleeping mask..LOL..So, I got some dark drapes to go over the white curtains..

Shon: Oh..poor Caroline..prayers for a speedy recovery..She is young..

BOP now..I'm afraid to get on the scale, so I will wait until some of the salt flushes out from the weekend..

MK will probably be home in a couple of days..LONGGGG drive.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #122

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Shon, I feel so honored. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy them. I think we're having them again tonight too since I made fresh pico yesterday. No tortillas for me again though. I'm really struggling with this stupid 5# that I just can't seem to get off. It's all my own fault but still. Grrrr.

Carolyn, that's kind of scary to hear that eventually diet quits working for the BS problems. Makes me think I better do better now rather than wait until it is a problem for me. And I think DH has BS problems already. He's not heavy at all but he sure craves sweets way more than almost anybody I know.

I looked at black out liners and they're like $30 per window!! I'm going to check online and see if I can find a deal. He hasn't really complained yet so we'll see.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:56 PM   #123
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Guys, I'm not dead, just busy!!
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #124

We know you are okay, Cindy... We miss ya, though.

Sandy: Has your dh had his bsugar taken? Have you checked Penney's catalog on the black out shades?
Old 05-18-2010, 04:47 AM   #125

Hi and good morning..

Back down to 148.8 from the weekend. One good thing I noticed is that I eat less than I used to... We went to a Mongolian buffet after graduation and I had a lot more control than I used to. At least, I ate less than everyone else.. Where is my sticker??

Off to do errands this morning..I found a piece of roast in the freezer, so I plopped it in the crockpot. It was still frozen even after a night in the fridge, but it will have to cook all day, I'm sure..

Hope everyone is okay today..

Brett's ex-girlfriend is getting married in July and I'm helping with the shower. I love her and we have remained friends so I am delighted to help. Brett broke it up as they weren't perfect for each other..really.
She has dated her fiance for several years..Hmmm..I wonder if Brett will go to the wedding??? I asked him if he regretted breaking up with her and he said, "No."

Last edited by CarolynF; 05-18-2010 at 05:17 AM..
Old 05-18-2010, 05:54 AM   #126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shonmarie
WOE: EFGT/PP
Start Date: 1/23/10
Hi all! Another rainy day here - tired of it already, but at least it's just rain and not storms.

Wow, Carolyn, that's really nice of you to help with your son's ex-girl! Not sure I would have the kindness in me to do that. Do you have to cook or bake anything?

Went and had a mani yesterday. Tried a new color for me - OPI Bubble Bath - thought it would be nice for the summer. I really like it - soft and subtly pink. Dh likes it, too.

Hi Sandy and Cindy! And hi to Buffy and MK, although I know they're not "in" today!

Sandy's fajitas were awesome again last night. Too bad there's not any leftover - seems I just can't get enough!

Everyone have a great day. Off to run errands, too.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:21 AM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Fast trip to NE since DD#2 went with me and left her 2 little ones home, she needed to get back asap to be with them and her DH was going out of town on Mon. So, we drove up on Friday, had a fun packed day with family on Sat. and drove back on Sun. Graduation went great, DGD got numerous awards and her reception was very nice, lots of people came by.

Got home Sunday night and yesterday we had to put DD#3's 18 year old cat to sleep, he has been going downhill for several months and it was time but very sad, he was the sweetest cat and she got him when she was in college as a kitten. He moved from apartment to apartment with her, went through 1st marriage and divorce, birth of DGS and then when DGS was about 5, decided he loved him enough to start sleeping with him until he went to sleep each night, then he would go sleep with DD. One of the neatest cats any of us have ever had, we were all very sad to have to let him go. So, we spend the afternoon and evening with DD and DGS to keep them company. Casey is now in kitty heaven.
Today I have to do the laundry and office work, have a family wedding this weekend. So, that will keep us busy.
Glad you sister is better Shon, tell her to take care, that can come back.
Hello to everyone, thanks for the waves as we drove through your areas :-)
Old 05-18-2010, 10:57 AM   #128

Hi..

Shon: No cooking involved in the shower..It's in the mid afternoon on a Sunday, so probably we will have someone bake a pretty cake..I might make the punch..OR dip some chocolate strawberries, if they are good at this time of year..

Oh....Buffy...putting a kitty to sleep is so hard, I can imagine. Boy, he did his share of loving in that family, didn't he??? Congrats to your dgd for her awards..must take after her Mema..
Old 05-18-2010, 11:03 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

Buffy, so sad about your dd's little kitty - that is so difficult anytime we need to put our beloved pets to sleep. Prayers for your dd and her family - it's especially hard on the little ones.

Tired from all the running this morning. Need some strong coffee but hate to drink it this late - I'll be up all night. Maybe some tea and a nap!

Carolyn, maybe if you can't dip the strawberries, just the spoon - that's always a perfect vehicle for chocolate!!!
Shonmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #130

Oh, poor kitty. It's so hard to have to make a decision like that but sometimes it has to be done.

I had my dentist appt. this a.m. and they had to end up numbing both lower jaws!!! My tooth that was getting crowned was so sensitive I couldn't stand for them to touch it at all. After, I met friends for a movie and lunch and I was barely back to normal by the time we ate. We saw Letters to Juliet. Very cute movie. A modern day fairytale.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #131
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!
Remember me?

Long lovely trip.
Great graduation.
Got home about 3:00pm on Monday.
DS21 had his wisdom teeth out this morning.
I've been running errands and doing laundry all day.
My BIL is now coming through town tonight from St Louis, so we're having drinks.
I have a headache.

you all!

Now-tell me what I missed!

And I need Sandy's fajita recipe again.
AND great pic of your DD Carolyn!
Thanks for the coffee Shon! We were behind the storms.
Hi Buffy! Hi Cindy!
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:49 PM   #132

I agree with you..no caffeine in the afternoon..Tea isn't too bad if you don't it too strong..

Yikes!!!! Sandy..I hate that numb feeling, but I hate the drilling feeling more.

Welcome back, Mary Kay..What a long drive, but glad everything went well and you dodged the rain a bit or at least tornadoes..I would have a headache, too..
Old 05-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #133

MK, here you go. Not really a recipe, just an overview of what I do. I don't have a recipe but Shon says this works well for her too. Glad to see you back safe and sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post

Shon, I used sirloin steak yesterday and marinated it and some sliced onions in red wine, teryaki sauce, garlic and a little lime juice. Then I drained the marinade off and dried the meat and grilled it over a hot grill. Don't overcook. Let sit before slicing against the grain. I used a cast iron griddle on my gas grill to grill the onions and I heated up the tortillas for DH on the side burner. I made pico de gallo and guacamole earlier in the day. And voila! They're much better with skirt steak but sirloin will work.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:01 AM   #134
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Thanks Sandy! I'll write it down this time!
And possibly make it if I can get a spare moment . . . .

Anyway, a friend from Atlanta is in town and HAS to have lunch today.
I was taking DD23 to see my mom, but I guess that will have to wait until tomorrow.
Sigh.

So off to circuit class, then hopefully a walk with DD (good times! ) and then clean up for lunch.
My DVR is at 83%.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:05 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Hi MK - welcome home! Glad you missed the storms and had a wonderful trip. Did I make you good coffee? And fyi on Sandy's fajitas - they're addicting. I used a burgundy red wine and when I made them the other day, after I drained the marinade, I reduced it to use as a sauce - OMG!!!!!!! Drizzled it on the steak and onions and it was awesome. No extra salt needed. That recipe is just plain awesome!

Oh, Sandy - dentist - numb - yikes! I don't think there's anything I hate more than going to the dentist, especially for crown preps! Hopefully, going to eat and to the movies helped divert the pain. My sil wants to see Letters to Juliet, so we'll probably go soon. I love sweet chic-flicks. She and I saw Julie and Julia last year - had to buy that one - just love Julia Child. Actually, I wish they would just make a movie about her life - so fascinating and what a love story!

Caroline is feeling better, but not great. They're getting ready to move back into their house next week. Don't know if I told you, but the Saturday after Thanksgiving their house caught fire. Fortunately, it was early enough in the evening and they all got out, but the house was almost a total loss. It started in the basement - they have a wood burning furnace, which is something most people in that area have. Whoever built the house didn't do the chimney flashing properly and it caught fire. Caroline was in the bedroom, the rest of the family was in the family room. Caroline saw the smoke billowing up through the bedroom floor and ran to get everyone out. By the time the fire department got there, the house was almost completely engulfed. What wasn't fire damaged was smoke and water damaged. They've been living in a rental since then and were able to rebuild. Good grief, she sure has struggles in her life, be she gets through. Funny though, paintings that my mom and sister Patty did were untouched by smoke, flame or water! Isn't that amazing?! And most of things that belonged to my parents were also ok. Everything else was a total loss. They had the clothes on their backs and Caroline had the smarts to grab her purse. Needless to say, she's very happy to be getting home!

Wow! Sorry I am so long-winded this morning! I think maybe I had too much coffee!
Old 05-19-2010, 04:50 AM   #136
Princess Proofreader

Shon - you can never have too much coffee!
And yes, yours was delicious!
Old 05-19-2010, 05:02 AM   #137

Good morning..

Sandy: That recipe does sound wonderful. I have some steak in the freezer that needs to be marinated and grilled (after the rain stops). At the last Mexican restaurant I had a fajita salad..It was great.

Poor Caroline..I can't believe all that has happened to her within the last year. I hope she enjoys her new home. That happened to our neighbor in West Des Moines..not enough insulation in the fireplace.. Never too much coffee..

MK: Have fun with your friend today. I'm sure your mom will enjoy dd23 tomorrow..

Dh has a Chinese visitor from the office who I know a little and we may go out to dinner tonight if the big boss doesn't have other plans for him.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:14 AM   #138
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning.

anyone's posts are never too long for me, love reading about all of you and your friends and families.

DD who had to put her cat asleep called last night, just sobbing, she needed to come over to spend some time with me and my cats. First night at home without her cat of 18 years, she really was missing him. Felt better when she left so it will just take some time to get used to him being gone.

I have had the WORST dark circles under my eyes this spring. Have blamed it on allergies, which I know is probably part of it, but beginning to wonder if something else might be going on. I picked up some protein powder at the HFS yesterday, I don't eat nearly as much progtein as I used to, thought a shake or 2 a day of that might help. Also, will ask Dr. next time he tests blood if there is anything he should test for, like anemia, etc. I knew they were bad but a clerk in a store I know very kindly asked me yesterday if I had ever tried under eye concealer, LOL. I knew they were really bad then, haha.
The Fajita's sound good but we have a mexican restaurant on every corner so I don't bother making them myself.
Going to meet some new friends for drinks this evening. That is about all the excitement in my life at the moment.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #139
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Oh, Buffy. So sorry for DC18. My DC in my avitar is almost 17. 18 is really good. I told Rosemary (DC17) that she had to go in her sleep as that would be so difficult to put her down. Oh, our furry kids!!

OK, here is the Cliff notes version on this past week:
Never knew father. He left my mother when she was 1 month pregnant
Fast forward 48 years
Been on Ancestry.com for 2 months
Can't find much
Cry about it on the PG
Carolyn hears my cries, gets the info for me
Find an obituary on an aunt (I never had any family info)
Called that aunt's daughter who was living in the same town my mom said the family was from
Said "hey guess what"
She confirmed that a birth certificate I had found was indeed my half brother (my only family is my mother and myself)
Found 1/2 brother living 4 hours away
Sent him a message on Facebook and said we may be related
He confirmed that was his birth name and his fathers name. Grateful for any info.
Told him I was his 1/2 sister
Thud heard 4 hours away!
Spoke at length last Sunday. Our father went out for a pack of cigs when he was 10 and that was the last he ever heard from him.
I filled him in on why
Going to my family reunion July 25th to meet my cousins and a still living aunt
Will meet with brother soon
Just inherited about 50 family members

THE END!!!!

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:15 AM   #140

I love happy endings, Cindy.. I've been doing ancestry for about a year and figured out a few things, too. It is amazing what you can find out..I have traced my dad's mother's and father's families back to the 1600's..And found out a neighbor married a Morrill who I am related to 7 generations back..Small world..I think we are all related..Adam and Eve..

I think that All About Eyes has helped my dark circles a bit.. On my age spots on my hands, I think that Clinique stuff is fading them ever so slightly. This aging is for the birds..and very expensive.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:58 AM   #141

Just got a call from dh..His company will keep Brett on our insurance until he gets a job.
This is a good thing.. Hopefully, he will have his own job/insurance soon..

Oh....when my Alex goes to kitty heaven, I will be a wreck..I know it..It's best to wait a while before you get a new kitty, I think...;(
Old 05-19-2010, 11:39 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Wow, Cindy! Amazing story and now all the new family members. That's so wonderful! I'm sure you'll have a great time at the reunion meeting all your new family!
Old 05-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #143

Wow Cindy!! I can relate so well to your story it's eerie. I truly hope you enjoy your new found family. Happy endings are so wonderful.

I love digging through all those old ancestry files. It's like pulling a loose thread on a sweater and watching it unravel.

I went to see my dad this morning. We went out for a late breakfast/early lunch. We both ate breakfast foods though. Then I sorted through his "pile" of questionable mail. It was mostly all junk. It's rainy here again so pretty dreary around here and not much motivation to do much.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:41 PM   #144

It's dreary here, too..Ds will be home Friday night..We are all invited to his KU friend's grad party as they didn't have any family thing last week.. I told Brett about his ex getting engaged and he didn't say much..So, when he sees her at church this weekend, he won't be shocked..
Old 05-19-2010, 06:42 PM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

Cindy, thank you for letting us in on your story, very very interesting I shall say. Can't wait to hear about your meeting with you new found relatives.

Sandy, I take it you have a similiar story in your past?

Carolyn, I will look up all about eyes.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:16 AM   #146
Princess Proofreader

Cindy - that's great!!!
So happy for you!
Old 05-20-2010, 07:35 AM   #147

Yes, Buffy, my grandma (the one I met at age 25) always told me I should write a book or a soap opera, lol.

Dreary and rainy here again. I feel like sticking my head back under the covers and staying there until the sun comes out.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:07 AM   #148
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning.
Very dark clouds to the north, need to look at the weather.
Laundry and packing for the wedding. Dress for the rehearsal dinner, another dress for the wedding, nice capri outfit for the brunch, a nice casual outfit for in between, shoes to match, jewelry to go with, bags, I usually pack very lightly. Weddings are different. I had better get busy, LOL. At least we are driving so I don't have to crush everything into suitcases. And, have to make sure a cat doesn't get into all that and or hitchhike along, LOL.
Picked up a container of syntrax nectar protein whey at the HFS, had a shake yesterday with that, frozen strawberries, a little milk and it held me all day until dinner. I don't eat very early in the mornings, just not hungry. I really have been low on protein since going on the byetta shot, it effects my appetite, making me not want meat. This should help. I did ask at the Vitamin Shoppe if it came in anything less than a 50 gallon barrell, LOL, there was this shelf with these huge containers all lined up.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #149

It'll be interesting if this helps with your undereye circles Buffy. Have fun at the wedding. Sounds like fun.
Old 05-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #150

Buffy: Oh...weddings are so much fun..happy times..Have a good time..The All About Eyes is from Clinique..same place you get the age spot stuff..

It is dreary here, too..Did my exercise..might do some ironing this afternoon..What a fun day...

I read The Boy in The Striped Pajamas for a reading group..Then we have to read Night, too..It's all about WWII concentration camps. ;(

Cindy: You must take pictures of your half/brother and show us...You might look alike..