Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2010, 07:51 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shonmarie
WOE: EFGT/PP
Start Date: 1/23/10
My other brother, Jeff and my niece Jeny, who died May 28, 2007. I have so many wonderful memories of her. She was kind, sweet and so very loving.

Jeff & Jeny.jpg
Shonmarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2010, 10:00 AM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Oh, Shon..That is so difficult..One day your sister in law will have a "breakthrough or breakdown" because you can't stuff grief..So sad..

Buffy: Your poor friend..Is she old enough to retire??

Did my exercise, coffee, and now I have to do some laundry and start cleaning for the brothers..Not that they would notice...LOL
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #93

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Ya for men cleaning is just picking up the big pieces, lolol.

Shon, I can't imagine what your ex SIL is going through. How can you be in that much denial when your child is gone? I pray she can realize she needs help and gets it.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:15 PM   #94
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

I just bought a new microwave!
The old one's door didn't latch - but I hate to let it go.
It's been awesome - and it's almost 30 years old!

Shon -
Great picture though.

No - DD23 hasn't heard from them
She said she was going to call them today.
Fingers crossed!

Carolyn - no, guys don't notice, do they!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #95

Yeah for a new microwave.. 30 years is a long time, MK..

Prayers for your dd's future in the arts..Let's hope the Aspen job is a "go".

Talked to ds and his senior team project went fine..It was an electronic mailbox thingy they had to design.
Old 05-11-2010, 06:13 PM   #96

Keeping my fingers crossed for MK's DD.

Good news on Brett's project. I'm sure that was a big portion on his grade. Just a few more days for all the college kidlets. For all of them I guess although the college kids get out earlier than the rest.

I made fajitas for dinner and wow! they were yummy! I didn't have the tortillas, just the meat, onions, guac and pico de gallo.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:09 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Morning all! Finally quit raining but now they're calling for more storms later. Yuk! Everything does look green and pretty, though. And the azaleas - wow!

MK, 30 yrs on a microwave?! That's amazing. I remember when my first one broke and I tried to do without. Well, that lasted about a day - what's even more amazing is that I really only use it to defrost, warm and melt chocolate - not that I'm eating much chocolate these days!

Need some coffee - sure miss your special coffees, MK!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:24 AM   #98
Princess Proofreader

Who wants coffee?

Morning!

Shon - I hope that hits the spot! And sorry to say, I think we're sending you more storms today! Where in Ohio are you?

Carolyn - Congrats to DS!! DD23 called Aspen, and they are changing the head guy and haven't decided on any hires yet!

Sandy - now I want fajitas!!

BIG thunderstorms this morning! I have circuit class and lots of errands. Then lunch with a friend!!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:41 AM   #99
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post

Morning!

Shon - I hope that hits the spot! And sorry to say, I think we're sending you more storms today! Where in Ohio are you?
Oh, MK, be still my heart!!!!!!!! These coffees should get me through the morning! Thank you! I am in west Akron, about 30 miles south of Cleveland - and yes, you are sending the storms! There were some tornadoes just north of us last night - but I don't think we're getting any of those - hope not. But I heard the plains got some nasty tornadoes. Hopefully, your dd will hear something soon from Aspen. She'll probably hear when she least expects to!

Sandy, how did you make your fajitas? I'v had them, never made them, but they sound good.

Carolyn, glad your son's project went well. Bet he's happy that's overwith.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:28 AM   #100

Oh Mary Kay..that whipped cream looks decadent.. Speaking of coffee..this is what I have every morning..I have a stovetop espresso maker (stainless) and I make about 6 ounces of coffee in it, then I add heavy cream..Very nommie and gets me going..

We had Mexican last night, too..Taco salad stuff without the chips..
Cleo orders "loaded nachos" at her fav Mexican place, but asks for lettuce instead of chips. That sounds good to me...I'm going to try it sometime.

MK: This sounds so typical in the job market, but we will keep praying for her, too....and a job for Brett.. He will hit the job market hard after his finals.

Shon: I think the whole Midwest is under a big giant rain cloud..My bros are coming and they aren't used to tornadoes, so I hope we don't have any while they are here..LOL.

Cindy: How is your genealogy coming?????

Buffy: Hope you are doing okay and haven't had any funky blood sugar drops lately..Did you see the doctor yet?

Old 05-12-2010, 08:07 AM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning peeps,
Yay for Brett on his project and yes, MK, that is typical, companies get all in a tizzy to hire, then it gets put on the back burner. Used to happen at FEMA all the time, I have never worked at a place where they changed gears as often as they did there.

My friend says she is going to talk to her boss and try to come to a compromise with him, I think she is just not seeing the real picture but I am not there, so hope it works for her. She is sooooo depressed over this, thinks she is a loser, etc. And, she already lacks self-esteem, this is really rough on her.

Wow, the storms have all been going north of TX and there sure have been some bad ones. Luckily, we just have gotten the rain.

Wow, a 30 year old microwave, you will really enjoy the newer one. Should be faster and have more features, although I seldom use most of the features. Popcorn, rewarming, but I do use the different levels of heating. The only appliance besides the coffee maker in our house that gets used daily. And they are so inexpensive anymore. I gave one to the kids b/c I wanted a new white one and it was black, I have had my current one for about 10 years though I guess. Time goes by so fast.

Going for a pedicure today at lunch time, then DGS 10 is coming after school. Office work and laundry too.

BS has been ok since my episode. Didn't go to the Dr. over it, but will talk to her/him, whichever one I see, next time I go in.

I am taking OTC meds for my allergies and sinus, been thinking that is probably messing with my sugar too.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #102

My AZ brother just called to say that he is afraid of the forecasted hail and thunderstorms in TX, so he isn't coming.. He should have made plane reservations months ago, but he didn't..Oh well..He got a relatively new car and doesn't want it to be hit by hail..

Buffy: I do think OTC meds can affect blood sugar and allergies can affect it too..
Old 05-12-2010, 01:45 PM   #103

Too bad about your bro Carolyn but I guess I wouldn't want hail damage either. My dad is in OK right now and I've been worried they were going to get tornadoes while he's there and of course there are very few basements down there. That's why I always hate to go there during storm season. I'm a real scaredy when it comes to tornadoes. We're getting ready to be hit w/some bad storms this afternoon/evening. I hope they fall apart before they do too much.

MK, that coffee looks fabulous!!

Shon, I used sirloin steak yesterday and marinated it and some sliced onions in red wine, teryaki sauce, garlic and a little lime juice. Then I drained the marinade off and dried the meat and grilled it over a hot grill. Don't overcook. Let sit before slicing against the grain. I used a cast iron griddle on my gas grill to grill the onions and I heated up the tortillas for DH on the side burner. I made pico de gallo and guacamole earlier in the day. And voila! They're much better with skirt steak but sirloin will work.

Buffy, I need a pedi so badly but just keep putting it off and doing it myself. I run out of time so quickly these days it seems.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 05-12-2010, 07:17 PM   #104
Princess Proofreader

Sandy - that sounds amazing

Carolyn - AWW!! You must be so disappointed!

Buffy - What color are your toes?

Shon - I'll wave as we drive by on Friday!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #105

Hi..

I don't think I would ever live in OK..They get hit more than KS does, I think..
My NH bro and his wife will be flying from Manchester, NH to Chicago to St. Louis and then Tulsa..arriving at 7:45..Praying that all systems are "go" and the thunderstorms won't affect them..

We are getting new windows... Honestly, we needed them as a few of ours don't have locks..We only have 12 windows, so it's not as bad as some houses..We have 6 sliding glass doors, that is why...and we don't want to replace those..LOL.

Had quite a storm last night..Heading to exercise, Walmart for brother food, then home to do some more vacuuming..

BBL.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:54 AM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Hi everyone! Just a quick fly-by - going to the grocery before it starts storming. There's also tornado watches out, so I'm going to unplug the 'puter.

Sandy, thanks for the fajita info - going to get the stuff today and make them tonight! They just sound so good and I have a cast iron griddle for my gas stove, too - so I can do them just like you!!!

Carolyn, that's disappointing about your brother. But I've heard these storms are nasty so maybe it's for the best. Hopefully he'll make other plans in the not too distant future. Have fun with your other brother and sil and prayers for a safe trip.

Hey MK, why are you driving through Ohio? Did I miss something? I can have the coffee ready if you want!

And good morning Buffy!

Everyone have a great day - I'm off to the store!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:55 AM   #107

Shon: Be careful..and make sure you get lots of non-dairy stuff for MK's coffee..She can't do "dairy"..
Old 05-13-2010, 09:55 AM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
We had a chance of severe storms last night, but must have all by-passed us again.

Yes Shon, be careful of MK driving through your state. LOL

Went to dinner club last night, had a lot of fun as usual.

Today is laundry, last minute things before I leave to drive to NE for DGD's graduation and getting nails done. My toes are with white tips, french, will have her do fingers that way too. Just doesn't last as well on fingers.

Sunny and warm again here today, I dread the heat of summer here.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #109

Oh..Wave to us when you are driving up to NE..be careful about the weather, too.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:18 PM   #110

MK is headed to her DD's graduation in New York. Watch for her and wave as she goes by. Or tempt her your way with a "pretty" coffee but yes like Carolyn said, no milk products.
Everybody is doing something or going somewhere. I want to go too!

Hey Carolyn, was Brett at the flash mob in the library at K-State? It made our news here. It looked like all good fun. I guess it's on You Tube.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:05 PM   #111

Dd and her dh out on the town..

MK: I'll have to ask Brett about that..LOL. He just got asked to be an usher in his friend's June wedding..
Old 05-14-2010, 05:43 AM   #112
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning and Bye!

I'll wave Carolyn!

Handsome couple!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:35 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

Morning everyone! Storms have finally dwindled - not as many yesterday as they had predicted, but early this morning until about 7:30 they were pretty severe. Hope MK's drive to NY is without too much difficulty. Sounds like she'll be following the storms. I have her coffee with non-dairy cream all ready for her!

Sandy, the fajitas were amazing! I think the marinade is really what makes them. I did get skirt steak - so much flavor. They were fun to make and eat and the house smelled so good! I think this is my new favorite! Thanks.

Carolyn, great pic of your dd and her dh - she really looks like you! When does your brother get in?

Buffy, be careful and have fun! And your fingers and toes must look pretty!

Got home yesterday and got a call from my sister Caroline's husband. She's in the hospital with pneumonia. I thought it was strange that I hadn't talked to her in several days - usually we talk at least every few days. I had left a message on her vm but never heard back. Now I know why. I called her last night, but she could hardly talk. I spoke to her nurse this morning and she said she was in a lot of pain but that she was doing better. I'll be going up tomorrow, so getting all my weekend stuff done today. Please keep her in your prayers. And can you believe it - her little girl Samantha will be 2 in July!

Ok, need my second cup of coffee!
Old 05-14-2010, 01:10 PM   #114

Hi..

Brad and Jeannie got in safely last night..

Poor Caroline..our baby's mom..Hope she is better..Pneumonia happens so fast sometimes.

We went to the Dalton Gang Museum this morning..then darned Mexican food..too many chips.. We might see Robin Hood this afternoon..

Everyone...drive safely..
Old 05-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #115

That's a wonderful pick of your DD and her hubby. I don't think I've ever seen a pic of her before. Very pretty and he's very handsome too.
Enjoy your family this weekend.

Shon, I'm so sorry about your sister. I pray she'll recuperate quickly. I'm sure she's going crazy thinking about Samantha without her while she's in the hospital. I'm glad you enjoyed the fajitas. My DH figured out the marinade years ago from eating them at Chili's. He has a good palate I guess, lol. And yes, skirt steaks are the best when you can find them.

Buffy, did you see me wave???? Have a safe, fun trip.

MK, Enjoy your trip too and try to stay either ahead of or behind the storms.

I changed out all my bedroom stuff. Curtains, comforter, etc. I had a set for the bed from a few years ago and picked up some new drapery panels on sale at Target so I got a new look for under $40! I don't think DH is going to like the curtains though b/c they let in a lot more light so I'll probably be looking for blackout liners to put under them, lol. That'll raise my cost but I'll use those forever.

I have a women's Day of Reflection at church tomorrow and I'm helping with registration so I have to be there at 7 a.m. !! What was I thinking to volunteer for that, lol. I'll live I'm sure.

Have a great weekend everybody.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:51 AM   #116

Heading to graduation..It's raining, but I found 4 umbrellas and it is going to be inside..
We won't melt.. Cya.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #117

I know it's a little late, but I hope graduation went well. And I hope the rain held off long enough that you didn't get wet.

I had the thing at church today and just now was able to finally sit down and check on everything. After the church meeting we went to see Iron Man 2 and then back to Mass and then out for dinner, etc., etc.

Did you all miss me? Lolol. It was a great day. Even with the never ending rain!
Old 05-16-2010, 06:51 AM   #118

Graduation and family time is really fun... We are in Manhattan, will have breakie at the Village Inn, then home later on. Both "sides" of the family really enjoy each other, which makes it fun...

See you later..Still a bit drizzly..

My ankles swell from sitting too long...I'll take my water pill when I get home, but not on the road..
Old 05-16-2010, 03:02 PM   #119

Back home..Had a Braum's ice cream on the way home..(celebration time)..Back on plan.

Hugs to you all, Carolyn

Oh..my Type II brother in NH (not the one who is here) is now on insulin because the meds couldn't control his foods. I don't think he overdid it..I'll have to call him..
Old 05-17-2010, 05:54 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Morning all! Hope everyone had a great weekend with trips & family and all.

Carolyn, glad you're home safe - sorry to hear about your db. Has he had type II long?

Caroline is home from the hospital and feeling somewhat better. She's still quite shakey on her feet, but I told her that can take some time to go away. Fortunately, she has many good neighbors to help her during the day. I wish I lived closer, but I'm happy she has support near her.

And Sandy - we did miss you!! Actually, I think we were all so busy it was a "slim-posting weekend"! Sounds like the women's day of reflection was nice. We've had them at our parish before and they have always been wonderful. And guess what we're having for dinner again tonight - fajitas!!!!! Both dh and I have had a craving since we ate them last week. Stopped at the store after Mass yesterday and bought more steak and limes. I'm not sure I can get enough! Really a keeper recipe! And just so you know, the recipe is now permanently housed in my Master Cook program under "Sandy's Fajitas" - you're now immortalized in my family recipes!

It's raining this morning - not storms but the kind that's soft and gentle and just wonderful to listen to. It's going to be a soaker all day and possibly into tomorrow. But since not much is going on this week, I'm going to enjoy this!

Well, need another cup of coffee. bbl