Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 07:44 AM   #61
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!

DD23 was supposed to get in at 8:00 last night, but didn't until after 10:00!!

Those horrible storms that went through Detroit meant that her flight from Buffalo landed 2 hours late and she had to sprint through the airport to make her connection to Bloomington.
But her luggage didn't make it. They're supposed to deliver it sometime this afternoon.

AND I slept horribly - so this is going to be a fun day - NOT!

She's really here to visit with her sorority sisters, it just happened to be on Mother's Day weekend. I'll take her back to the airport Monday morning.

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning peeps.
I hear you on having a little color on our arms and legs, summer clothes do look much better. I just tried the Xen-Tan that someone had told me about, she raved about it, so I tried it but hated how it looked, came out kind of orangey and streaked. So now a friend and I are going to try the one from St. Tropez. I also tried the Dove lotion that is supposed to just slowly add some color, well, it was looking pretty good, but by about the 5 day, after I took my shower and started drying my legs, instead of patting them dry, the tan all came off on my towel, yuck!

Carolyn, I bought yet another spot cream and we can see if either yours or mine works. It is ReVive Blanche, which at Neiman's sells for $400, don't faint, I did not buy it there. found it on ebay for $59.99 so decided to give it a try. Isn't it ridiculous what some of these beauty products sell for. I go there and buy one or two items, so they will work with me on the line, then to be honest, I buy whatever else I want on ebay. I have one lady at Neimans' that I purchase anything I buy there from, so it keeps her happy and she gives me fabulous customer service. It is kind of funny how they are set up, if you choose one salesperson, then at least my gal, is the status that she can take me into any department and she gets the sale. She is also the personal shopper for the GM of our Neimans, I just happened to be looking at a product at the Dior counter one evening when we met, and we really hit if off so now she takes care of me whenever I go in. Some of the others will try to steal you away but I say no, I only shop with my Gita :-)
MK, hope DD's luggage gets to her before she has to go back!
Sandy, I don't think our grandmother's took as good of care of their skin as we do either, or we have more advanced products.
Carolyn, sounds like you are getting Mother's Day off on the right foot. I am supposed to go to DGS's baseball game tomorrow, and then out to eat with them. On Tuesday, DD#2 has made appt.s for her and I to get facials and go to lunch. And, I am sure my other 2 will give me a call from NE and Austin.
Did I tell you guys that my son and his wife are expecting a baby? Can't remember if I did or not. She had a miscarriage last summer, so hopefully, this pregnacy goes perfectly and I will have a new grandbaby in December. They are so excited. They will both be 33 this summer and she is soooo ready to have a baby. DS is nervous but he will be a fabulous daddy, he is very good with people of all ages.
I ended up going into the Dr. yesterday and they gave me a steroid shot for my allergies, I am so tired of trying to fight them off and was getting worse each day. I feel a little better already and hopefully this will get me through the rest of these bad allergy days.

Hello Shon and Kim and Gord and anyone else stopping in!!!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:42 AM   #63
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Buffy, I have the foaming mousse by St Tropez which is supposed to be highly rated. Use gloves to put it on. It has color in it so you can apply it evenly but it may rub on clothes. Also, with any of the gradual lotions like Dove, you have to use them every day. I use a discontinued one from B&BW. I got my St Tropez off of Amazon with free shipping which beat ebay.

Want to do yard work but it is chilly (55) and windy so I'll try about 1:00 and see if it is better.

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:56 AM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gang,

Went to my WalkKansas last event..I didn't win anything..They tried to get me to eat a cereal bar..and drink orange juice..NO..I said..

I'm with Buffy and I hope she has good luck with her $60 stuff..Let me know..and Cindy, let me know about your St. Tropez. We do have a spray tan place, but that wears off, too..

MK: I thought your dd was here for good..but not so, huh? When does she finish her
degree???

Buffy: I don't blame you for getting a steroid shot for allergies..Taking all that medication is a pain in the neck.

Sandy: How was Mr. Japan? I thought of you..We need to do this with our kids in KCity sometime.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #65

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Mr. Japan was yummy! I did have the scallops w/fried rice, of course. And I tried a sake margarita. It was actually pretty good. I think everybody had a good time and even DH liked it pretty well. I think b/c we were with a fun bunch.

Cindy, how often do you have to apply the St. Tropez? I'm afraid of self tanners too. I tan pretty well but do worry about the sun damage sometimes. But I like being tan so I try to banish those thoughts, lol.

My mom had beautiful skin after she quit smoking and hardly ever got in the sun but she just was of that generation that looked older before they really had to. KWIM? I think part of it was her hair style, her weight and her clothes. God rest her soul. I sure miss her a lot especially at this time of year. Her birthday was this week and then Mother's Day.

Congrats on the new grandbaby that's coming Buffy.

Have a wonderful Momma's Day everybody!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 12:40 PM   #66

Buffy: You have too many grandbabies..You need to share with some of us who are grandbabyless..
Old 05-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #67
Princess Proofreader

Great dinner - amazing sushi!!

I my family!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Buffy: You have too many grand-babies..You need to share with some of us who are grandbabyless..
Is "grandbabyless" a word??!!

Carolyn - I wish she was home for good - but no!

We'll drive out next weekend (to Syracuse) for her graduation. But she still has her Capstone at the Spoleto Festival in Charleston, SC for 3 weeks. Then she's off to Aspen!

She's quite the traveler!

Sandy - I've never heard of the sake margarita! I just had wine.

Buffy - I can't wait to hear your review too!
I've never tried a self-tanner. Just the sun.
And yes - share your grand-babies, please!!
Old 05-09-2010, 05:40 AM   #68
Princess Proofreader

Old 05-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

Yes, I do have a lot of grandbabies. Probably DS and DDIL are the only ones who will have more, the one coming in December and then if they have more than one. My older 3 kids are finished I think and since my stepdaughter has triplets, I doubt they have another. I do have a stepson who is divorced, he has 2 sons so if he would remarry, there might be more but he is seldom in our lives so only see his 2 boys once, maybe twice a year. One of those unfortunate situations where we only hear from him when he is in trouble and needs money and then the rest of the time we only hear how much he hates his dad, you know the old story. Luckily the other 5 turned out to be wonderful adults.

I tan easily too but at 64 can really see the effects of my years of being out in the sun so really do try to avoid getting too much sun these days. It really does damage your skin as I try to tell young people but I never really thought much about it when I was younger, just loved that healthy glow.

MK, love the cartoon and love your quote, Behind every successful woman....is a substantial amount of coffee, very true!

Have a great day everyone!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #70

Hi..

MK: So your dd got the job in Aspen????

Buffy: You are winding down on the grandkid department and at such a young age..
I'm 60 and need to catch up..LOL.

Yes, that cartoon is so true, especially for working moms..I don't know how they do it.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #71

Old 05-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #72

Love all the cartoons and pics. We're all Super Moms here!! I had a lovely day with my kids and grandkids and of course it all revolved around FOOD!! From morning 'til night. So tomorrow is another day. Back to the grindstone and better eating. Again.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #73

Confession: For dinner, Gary and I ate alot of homemade popcorn with butter..This was my Mother's Day splurge..

Back on plan tomorrow.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:47 PM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi..

Buffy: You are winding down on the grandkid department and at such a young age..
I'm 60 and need to catch up..LOL.

Carolyn, if you do catch up with me, then you have one very ambitious son & daughter,
Old 05-10-2010, 03:57 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Shonmarie
WOE: EFGT/PP
Start Date: 1/23/10
Good morning eveyone! Hope you all had an absolutely wonderful Mother's Day! What a whirl-wind weekend with db here! We had a great time the entire weekend - something our family has not enjoyed in a very long time. And I didn't go op once - which was amazing to me. Did have too much sushi, though, but it was well worth it. The salmon sashimi is my favorite and it was just superb! Db left yesterday then we went to my inlaws for Mother's Day. Not much going on this week - that's a good thing. I'll be able to catch up on stuff!

MK, your daughter is beautiful! Did she hear from Aspen yet?

Carolyn, glad you had a nice anniversary. We'll be 41yrs in October - yikes! You had asked where db lives - in southern Ohio - about 4hrs away, but we hadn't seen him in almost a year. He recently went through a rugged divorce, 15yrs and 2 beautiful daughters later. He's had a really tough time with it, but I can say that I don't miss his ex-wife. I think he'd move back up north, but then he'd never see his girls. They're 11 & 7, so I'm sure when they graduate and move onto college, he'll rethink his move. Oh well, it was just so nice to be with him.

And hi Buffy, Sandy, and Cindy! I need more coffee!
Old 05-10-2010, 05:41 AM   #76
Princess Proofreader

Morning!
Rise and Shine!

I have to take DD23 to the airport.
She's flying back to Syracuse today.
This weekend went too fast!!

Shon - no we haven't heard from Aspen yet - she's calling today!

Carolyn - I really need to begin again today. I only gained a pound, but still . . . .
Old 05-10-2010, 06:14 AM   #77

Hi and a rainy good morning..

Our backyard lake has been leaking for months and the neighbor said he fixed the pipe, so we are kinda glad of the rain so it will fill up a bit..

Sitting here with hair dye..The last time I think I was too red, so hopefully, I will be more normal today..LOL.

Well, I was 146 despite that huge batch of popcorn I ate for dinner..When I was self-medicating on that allergy stuff, I think they makes us gain weight or hold water or something. No drugs, just kleenex.

Shon: Your poor db..It's hard to see our brothers hurt, but he has to be there for the girls..very important for girls to have good daddies in their lives.

Buffy: LOL..I don't think B and S will ever catch up..LOL..

Prayers for Brett this week, please..Finals all week and he has his big
engineering project/paper due today..It's an all year thing something to do with electronic mailboxes..Much appreciated.

Both brothers called yesterday, which is nice..They haven't seen each other in years, so it will be a fun reunion. Brad and his wife are coming Thursday night and David will be here on Friday. Neither brother has kids, so our kids are "their" kids, which is nice.

MK: Safe trip for your dd and prayers for a good outcome for the Aspen job.

Sandy: I'm sure you have recovered from having lots of fun..and food..

Hugs all around.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:24 AM   #78
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning peeps.
Shon, so nice you and your family had such a great visit. I'll bet it really meant a lot to your brother to be with you all after what he has been through. My brother's health is really not good, I talked to him briefly yesterday and can tell he is not doing well, he is confused and has fallen several times in the past few weeks. We plan on a trip to the midwest over the 4th of July to see him but I feel like I should see him sooner. One of my sister's is going to see him later this month so will see what she says.

Carolyn, prayers for Brett to get through and do well on this tough week ahead and the same to your daughter who is traveling MK.

I had a hypo spell last night, when I took my blood sugar it was down to 46, then I took a couple of glucose tablets and some juice which brought it up. That's the lowest I have had after checking with my monitor and I really don't know what brought it on, which is the scary part. The good thing is that you can feel these coming on and you should always have something with you to counteract it, but the hard thing is figuring out what causes them. Will discuss with Dr. next visit.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:41 AM   #79

Yes, prayers for Brett to do well on his finals. My DGD needs them for this week too. These last weeks are so hard on these poor kids. I really don't know how they do as well as they do.

My scale was up so much today!!! I'm sure hoping it's mostly water. But I'm going to be extra careful today and drink tons all day (water, that is, hee hee) and try to flush it out. I'm not feeling very motivated here at all with this nasty cold rainy weather but am going to try to force myself to do what I know I should be doing.

Carolyn, it sounds like you're going to be a very busy gal this week.

Speaking of brothers....remember my brother who lost his wife a little over 2 years ago? He's now FB Official "In Love". I'm happy for him that he's found someone. I've not met her but from what I hear he seems to be very happy. I don't know where it will lead but just to know he's happy is a lot.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
My brother's health is really not good, I talked to him briefly yesterday and can tell he is not doing well, he is confused and has fallen several times in the past few weeks. .
Buffy, I might have missed something in previous posts - what is wrong with your brother? It's so hard to watch family members going through medical difficulties, or any difficulties for that matter. I'll keep your brother in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Speaking of brothers....remember my brother who lost his wife a little over 2 years ago? He's now FB Official "In Love". I'm happy for him that he's found someone. I've not met her but from what I hear he seems to be very happy. I don't know where it will lead but just to know he's happy is a lot.
Sandy, that's so nice to hear! I hope my brother can meet someone who will love him for who he is - and he is a wonderful man. He went through a divorce the same time my other brother went through one. Do you remember me telling you about my niece who was killed in an atv accident - 3yrs ago this memorial day? Well, his marriage did not survive that tragedy and they divorced recently as well. It's been hard to watch these 2 wonderful men go through this - I only pray that they can both find happiness in the near future.

Carolyn, prayers for Brett on his exam! Does he do ok on tests? I always had "digestive disturbances" just before my tests - but somehow made it through ok. Hated them with a passion!

Sandy, prayers for your dgd on her tests, too!

Last edited by Shonmarie; 05-10-2010 at 08:55 AM..
Shonmarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #81

Yes Shon, I do remember that accident with your niece. I'm so sorry to hear that your brother's marriage did not survive it. I've heard it's the hardest thing for a marriage to endure. I pray your brothers will find peace in their lives. I can't imagine what they're going through.

My brother and I aren't very close anymore but I still wish him every happiness. We'll see how his new love goes. She's widowed too but lives quite a ways away from my brother. So it's pretty much a long distance relationship right now.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:30 AM   #82

Hi..

Prayers for your DGD, too, Sandy..It is a tough week..I'm glad we don't have to take finals..

Shon: I remember that terrible tragedy and so many couples don't survive the death of a child unfortunately. I've heard that they don't grieve the same and there is resentment sometimes.

Sandy: I'm glad your brother found someone..Hope she is a really special person for him and long distance is a good thing, I think.

Buffy: Oh..your poor brother..Sometimes medication can cause this..I'm sure your sister will fill you in. Wow..on your blood sugar getting that low..Do you think you were overmedicated? or just a fluke from not eating regularly??
Old 05-10-2010, 11:59 AM   #83
Princess Proofreader

Prayers for everyone!!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Just thought I'd post a pic of my brother, who was just here, and his 2 beautiful daughters!

Tom Vivian & Juliet 2.jpg
Old 05-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #85

They are beautiful Shon!! Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #86
Princess Proofreader

Shon - All very good looking!!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:59 AM   #87
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Wake up!!!!!

Off to Spin Class - BBL!
Old 05-11-2010, 05:07 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Morning - but not quite awake! It's raining here and I just wanted to stay in bed. Making coffee, doing laundry then some vacuuming. I think I'll curl up on the couch and read a book this afternoon. It's supposed to rain all day so it's probably a good time for some "me" time!

MK, did your daughter hear anything yet?
Old 05-11-2010, 06:09 AM   #89
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning dear friends.
Shon, your brother and his girls are all very good looking, are they twins? That is so sad about your niece and her parent's divorcing. When my oldest grandson was 11 he had cancer and my daughter said it was the hardest thing on their marriage, but they made it through thank heavens. My brother has numerous health conditions and is 72, so very hard to treat, it is just a combination of things, bad diabetes, has had a stroke, several small heart attacks, Addison's disease, he is just a mess. Has just had a rough life all around, I hate that he has to suffer with it all.

Sandy, yes, prayers for your DGD as well and I am also happy your brother has found someone to spend time with.

Speaking of young people and it being rough getting through finals, when DD#2 was going through her finals for her Master's, her jerk of a husband of 2 years decided that was the week to tell her he wanted a divorce! I think I was madder at him for the timing than for wanting the divorce, deep down, I was glad he wanted one, he just wasn't right for her. Thank heavens they didn't have children and now she is the one who has the 2 little ones and is so happy.

Hi MK and Carolyn

Going to lunch and facials with DD#2 today, it will be such fun. Then a few errands to run before coming home. I leave on Friday for DGD's high school graduation in NE and have so much to get done before then.

One of my BFF's boss told her yesterday that he is going to start looking for a replacement for her in Aug., she is contract labor and he wants someone in the office 5 days a week which she couldn't do for distance reasons, etc. I think she is in shock so far, she had worked for him 10 years. It will be so hard for her to find another job.

Last edited by Buffy45; 05-11-2010 at 06:10 AM..
Old 05-11-2010, 06:45 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Shon, your brother and his girls are all very good looking, are they twins? That is so sad about your niece and her parent's divorcing. When my oldest grandson was 11 he had cancer and my daughter said it was the hardest thing on their marriage, but they made it through thank heavens. My brother has numerous health conditions and is 72, so very hard to treat, it is just a combination of things, bad diabetes, has had a stroke, several small heart attacks, Addison's disease, he is just a mess. Has just had a rough life all around, I hate that he has to suffer with it all.
No, they are not twins but do look alike. Vivian will be 12 in Nov, and Juliet will be 8 in Oct. They are just the sweetest girls and have had a difficult time with this divorce. I think it's always the worst for the children of divorce. I do have a pic of my other brother and niece who died - I'll try to find it and post it. She was also a very sweet girl - way too young at 24 to die. He and his wife were married almost 26yrs when the divorce happened - ripped his heart out because he tried so hard to help his wife cope and he's still so in love with her. She still hasn't dealt with her daughter's death - lives in a fantasy world and won't get help. I don't think she can even conceive of what help could do for her. I pray for her each day that she will find peace at some point in her life. She never went to the funeral home nor the funeral. She has yet to visit the grave and refused to have any pictures of their daughter, Jeny, in the house while they were still married. My brother has moved on and now has so many beautiful memories, as does his other daughter.

Sounds like your brother and his family have had an extremely difficult set of their own circumstances. I will certainly keep him in my prayers.