Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Eat Fat, Get Thin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/)
-   -   The Real Housewives April Challenge (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/668725-real-housewives-april-challenge.html)

CarolynF 04-01-2010 04:45 AM

The Real Housewives April Challenge

Hi..

It's April Fool's Day gals, so watch out!!!!

My April weight is 149!!! Three pounds down. It's a miracle..But I think taking my blood glucose lowering supplements really helped as well as avoiding carbs..:)

CindyCRNA 04-01-2010 06:33 AM

Carolyn, that's great!!

Buffy45 04-01-2010 07:05 AM

Morning! Had to think a minute to realize we are in a new month, March is a blur.
I didn't weigh, don't weigh very often anymore, seems best for me that way.
Congrats Carolyn, keepiing carbs and glucose down definitely helps.
I had a busy day yesterday so today is going to be a recuperation day, just a little laundry, etc.

TuscanGirl 04-01-2010 07:25 AM

Yay! My weight stayed the same!
:clap:

I've gone from 127 on March 1 to 124.6 on April 1.
:clap:

Not where I want to be, but so much closer!

Carolyn - Congrats!!!!!

Buffy - Enjoy your day. Hope your weather is gorgeous!

Great Spin Class today!
Now out for a walk and then pack for Kansas City!

smoky 04-01-2010 08:16 AM

:D Good morning everyone my weight this morning is 219 lbs :annoyed: The DR. Tells me i have diabetes and is sending me to a dietitian, i well go and talk to her i hope she is supportive of low carb Because as of this morning i am back on the low carb wagon:up: Have a great day all:p

CarolynF 04-01-2010 08:56 AM

Hi everyone..:)

There is always laundry, no????

Gord: Yup..be a rebel and do what works for you. I'm sure if you can get your bsugar down..the doctor will say "Keep it up"..:) You can do it.

When I went to the doctor a month ago, my AC1 was 5.7 (borderline), but I was really good this month and did a self-check one from Bayer (Walgreens) and it was 5.1, so it really dropped just by being very good and taking my supplements.

One diabetic found great success eating 80 percent fat 20 percent protein..It was on a podcast that I found at linked at the Diabetic Section..

MK: Wowowo..a big congrats to you, too..:) Must be all that spinning..

sjl330 04-01-2010 11:14 AM

March 1 = 152.2
April 1 = 151.2

So one whole pound down. Surprising considering the last week I've had around here, lol. I'll take it and hope to be 147 by May 1.

I started back with my running and so far so good with my new shoes. My knee still hasn't been hurting so I hope that lasts and I hope it'll really up my metabolism some.

I've been a very busy gal today. But it was a lot of stuff you can't really see, but I know it's done and it feels good. And it's another beautiful day here. A little cloudy but in the 80s. I think rain is moving in though.

CarolynF 04-01-2010 11:26 AM

Sandy: Good for you..One pound is great..:) I'd like to hit 147 by May1st, too..

CindyCRNA 04-01-2010 11:43 AM

Our little group is doing good!!

sjl330 04-01-2010 04:46 PM

Carolyn, I'll answer you over here in our new home, ok? Yes, DH turned on the air last night against my wishes. But I turned it off this a.m. and it's still off as of now. I have a feeling it'll go back on at bedtime. He doesn't want the pollen in the bedroom.

CarolynF 04-02-2010 08:21 AM

Yup..:) Maybe it will be cooler this evening..We have rain down here..:)

Big time prayers for Linda Sue's Jerry..They found a liver for him last night and they are prepping him for surgery this morning. They had found a spot on his gallbladder the other day and were going to do tests on that, but the gallbladder is coming out with the faulty liver during surgery.

Lunch today with my neighbor June who is coming back to town for the weekend to visit family..:) Italian again..I'll be good..;) Or the SF Easter Bunny won't find me.

CindyCRNA 04-02-2010 09:30 AM

We had a storm roll thru this morning and now the temps are in the 50's. Really more appropriate for April than 80 like it was yeaterday.

So we call ourselves "Housewives" but whose watching the show? I am. I like the one from OC the best but New York is my second fav. I don't like any of the others.

Oh, and I just saw your post on Linda Sues husband. Big prayers as that is a tough surgery.

CarolynF 04-02-2010 12:16 PM

I watch the Housewives occassionally..;) NY the most..

I'll have to find out what's going on with Jerry..

sjl330 04-02-2010 12:28 PM

I confess, I watch all the Housewives. It was an accident though. I didn't plan on watching them at all. I just decided to see what all the "talk" about it was and well, the rest is history. They all are really like train wrecks; you don't want to look but you really can't help yourself. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it, lol.

I'll say extra prayers for Jerry. He/They have really been through a lot this last year or so.

BTW, the baby I asked for prayer for last week is now home and doing great. So thanks to you all and thanks be to God first and foremost.

CarolynF 04-02-2010 06:28 PM

I guess Jerry's surgery went very well..;)

We got our new grill at Lowe's..No accidents bringing it home in the pickup..Ate at Chili's..I had some ribs and broccoli..

Buffy45 04-02-2010 07:03 PM

Drive by Hi!
Busy day, going to eat and go to bed soon.

I watch most of the HW shows, except for Atlanta.

Welcome back Gord, the LC works great for diabetes if you can stick to it.

CarolynF 04-03-2010 05:39 AM

Hi everyone..

Sandy: Glad that little one is doing great!!! God is good.

Off to see the kids today. I got them some chocolate from the bunny..and bunnies for Brett's roommates.

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter with your families. I think the weather will be good for all of us..:)

I'm really going to be good this weekend..We are going out for Thai, but will try to eat
something with no noodles (which is my fav, of course).

CindyCRNA 04-03-2010 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 13320133)
Hi..

It's April Fool's Day gals, so watch out!!!!

My April weight is 149!!! Three pounds down. It's a miracle..But I think taking my blood glucose lowering supplements really helped as well as avoiding carbs..:)

I tell you, I fell hook-line-and-sinker for an April Fools joke on my fav recipe web site, Recipezaar. They said they were starting a new feature, Recipezaar After Dark, A DATING SERVICE!! I bought into this! I am so gullible!!

Carolyn, I bought a new grill last year. One side is charcoal and 1 side is gas. I have got to grill more!! I want to grill more vegetables.

CarolynF 04-03-2010 05:53 AM

That is so funny..:) Well, it could be peeps who liked to cook meeting each other. A man that cooks is a good thing..or even grills.

Oh..one side charcoal and the other gas is a good deal. I was surprised when there weren't little rocks in the gas grill..This one is supposed to be infrared heating so nothing
burns..:) We will see.

sjl330 04-03-2010 07:10 AM

I love my gas grill. No rocks in it either and it has a side infrared burner that I love for steaks! I still like hamburgers for a crowd on the Weber though. Too much burning fat for the gas grill with too many flare ups. For me anyway.

I wish you all a very blessed Easter. I also pray that Jerry continues along his path to wellness and good health.

CarolynF 04-04-2010 05:30 AM

Greetings from the Holiday Inn in Manhattan:)

Had fun with the kids..ate Thai last night and Beth and I walked the mall and had a Chinese accupressure 10 minute session..It felt good.

Beth said she has lost 10 pounds with her hypnosis experience, so that is good.

Brett's church is going to be held at the Student Union Ballroom today, so that should be fun and we can walk from the hotel.

I'll have to check on Jerry's condition..

A blessed Easter to everyone..:)

sjl330 04-04-2010 03:39 PM

Happy Easter to all. We had a lovely day with family and the weather was perfect too. Of course, I ate too much. It's a holiday, that's what we do, lol.

Buffy45 04-04-2010 07:07 PM

Happy Easter Everyone!

CarolynF 04-04-2010 07:44 PM

Back home..Had a great time with the kids..:) I was "good" but I think my garlic shrimp was very salty...:( Water retention..which I am working on.

Hope everyone had a great day..Our weather was wonderful, wasn't it?

TuscanGirl 04-05-2010 05:41 AM

Morning! *yawn*

We didn't get in until late last night.
Hard drive - lots of rain, but a big lightning show ~ Wow!

I have a new exercise class this morning, then a brow wax, then pick up the dog from the kennel.

Hope you all had a great Easter!

sjl330 04-05-2010 08:06 AM

I put in a terrible night last night and am not sure why. Prolly too much junk in my system from this weekend. Anyway, I'm resetting today and starting anew. We had storms this a.m. but I just rolled over and tried to sleep through them.

Carolyn, it sounds like you were a good girl over the holiday. Good for you!!! I wish I could say the same.

CarolynF 04-05-2010 08:41 AM

Hi everyone..

Exercise and chiro...Now I am all straightened out..

Sandy: Sorry you couldn't sleep..too much coffee???? Anxious for the Butler game..:) I love Butler because they have a really cute doggie for their mascot and a really cute
coach..:)

MK: Glad you got home safe..I heard there was going to be rain in Eastern KS..we dodged the bullet..

Laundry now..then I have to go get my eggs from the little chicken gal..

Buffy45 04-05-2010 09:06 AM

Morning.
My kids were out of town yesterday so we didn't do anything special. I went to the movie It's Complicated, which was really entertaining and funny. DH does not like to go to movies so I was on my own.
Today busy around here, tomorrow hair color, much needed.
Supposed to get rain off and on here this week.

BrightAngel 04-05-2010 09:15 AM

I'm going to try this out.
My height is 5'0".
This morning's starting weight was 122.8

CarolynF 04-05-2010 11:36 AM

Welcome, BrightAngel..You and MKay are our little short gals..:)