Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #61
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
I didn't see The Hurt Locker - or most of the movies this year!

I'll send good thoughts for the traveling boys too!
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Thanks, MKay..They start travelling this next weekend..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #63

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I'll remember them all in my prayers too.

Please pray for me tonight and tomorrow. I have to go for my crown prep and I'm dreading it so much. I pray I'm totally deadened and won't feel a thing. That's the worst part, holding on tight just in case I do feel something, lol. It's leftover from a childhood trauma at the dentist's office. I guess I'll never get over it.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:19 AM   #64
Princess Proofreader

Oh Sandy!!

Yep - prayers for you too!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #65

Sandy: Honestly, it all depends on the dentist..My dentist has small hands and did a great root canal.. Praying for no pain for you and wisdom for the dentist..

dh left for Orlando..Doubletree Resort for a convention..I guess I could have gone and entertained myself for 3 days..LOL..I would never see him..I don't particularly like to
do things like that by myself...(Am I a chicken?).
Old 03-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #66

Thanks for the prayers. The visit went very well. No pain! And I didn't use the nitrous oxide. I've never used it and was nervous about it, so he just shot me up really well and all went well. Best ever!! I'm asking for dentist prayers from now on for sure. I hope MK's visit went as well.

I don't know if I'd call you a chicken.....but I would've jumped on that and enjoyed all my free days and pretended I was on a solitary vacation. Lay by the pool, read a book, shop, eat, of course. But that's just me.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 03-09-2010, 02:38 PM   #67

Yup..oh well...it's okay..Brett will be home before his big adventure I think..

My friend Dianne and her dh are going to the B12 at the Sprint Center...all the games....
They have 2 tickets and will share with their boys. They are huge KU fans.

Yeah for dental drugs..
Old 03-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #68
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Hi Girls and Gord! At work tonight. I have come upon an interesting point that has changed my diet. I was LCing since last January. I did the high fat thing, the moderate fat thing, every thing in between and I have come to one conclusion: I have to have a certain amount of rapid carbs. All right, I'll say it: sugar!! Yes this correct. I have started 2 mornings with 3 small molasses bran muffins (3 grams of fiber each) and had a mid afternoon snack of 2 VitaTops (5 grams of fiber each) My morning muffins have been about 55 grams of carbs and I top them with 1 tablespoon of honey. I feel better, my mood is better and I'm not craving hardly anything. Whats funny is my total carbs for the day is about the same, about 110 for today, maybe 150 yesterday which by national standards is decreased. What I have changed is the composition of the carbs. More sugar. And the addition of honey has nice change. I still count calories and am still eating about 100 grams a day in protein but feel much better. I would love to hear your thoughts. Anyone else feel this?

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:22 PM   #69
Always on, slightly off

Oh, with my sugar, I make sure it has a healthy dose of one of 3 things: fat, fiber or protein to slow down absorbtion.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #70

I say if you feel good and it's working then it's great! Everybody is so different. I can do Weight Watchers and feel great while I'm doing it. Then I start feeling the need for something different and can switch to lower carb and feel great. And I can be successful on both plans. I think it's whatever works for you at the time. I think listening to our bodies is key and keeping track of how we feel and our weight, etc. And it sounds like you're being very careful with your carbs/sugar selections. You'll have to keep us updated on how it goes.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #71
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Just realized I didn't post this morning! DUH!
Sandy, glad the dentist visit went well. I don't mind going too much, but isn't something I look forward too either.
Kim, if that is working better for you and you feel better, then by all means work it. Carbs do make us feel better at times, that's for sure.
I had a busy day, getting things done so I can leave to NE on Thurs.
Carolyn, I would have been on that plane to FL in a flash, love staying at nice hotels and you know me, love hanging out by myself, doing exactly what I please. But, I also know I am not exactly normal, LOL.
MK, like you, I did not see most of the movies that were nominated. Felt kind of out of it but will probably catch them on tv later on.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:16 PM   #72
Princess Proofreader

Yay Sandy! I'm glad it went well.
Mine was just a splint check for my TMJ.
I'm actually able to open my mouth farther!
He says all the spinning is relaxing me - go figure!

Cindy - I just read the best way to start your day is whole wheat toast and SF PB!
Makes me want to try something new too!

Buffy - Are you ready for your trip? How long will you be gone?

Carolyn - Sometimes I'm good alone and sometimes I'm a big chicken too!
Though I'd love to be in Florida right now!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:42 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Hi Girls and Gord! At work tonight. I have come upon an interesting point that has changed my diet. I was LCing since last January. I did the high fat thing, the moderate fat thing, every thing in between and I have come to one conclusion: I have to have a certain amount of rapid carbs. All right, I'll say it: sugar!! Yes this correct. I have started 2 mornings with 3 small molasses bran muffins (3 grams of fiber each) and had a mid afternoon snack of 2 VitaTops (5 grams of fiber each) My morning muffins have been about 55 grams of carbs and I top them with 1 tablespoon of honey. I feel better, my mood is better and I'm not craving hardly anything. Whats funny is my total carbs for the day is about the same, about 110 for today, maybe 150 yesterday which by national standards is decreased. What I have changed is the composition of the carbs. More sugar. And the addition of honey has nice change. I still count calories and am still eating about 100 grams a day in protein but feel much better. I would love to hear your thoughts. Anyone else feel this?
I do think that you have those carbs in the a.m. makes a difference, too because you burn them off. And, also your Vtops (???) are in the afternoon when you are still running around. Yes, 110 is alot less than what I used to eat when I weighed 190..(150 carbs)..Plus, you have a different metabolism, too, Cindy..Whatever works.

Dh will be home on Thursday night..He said the hotel was nice.

Time for bed..Heading to Bartlesville tomorrow to do a tiny bit of shopping..nothing clotheswise..until I drop a few pounds.

Those Biggest Loser peeps make me tired..

Old 03-10-2010, 05:37 AM   #74

Hi..

Up and going thanks to Mr. Alex. Plan is exercise, Bartlesville today.

I was 151ish this morning..Now if I can break the iron curtain, it will be a good thing.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:51 AM   #75
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Has anyone taken Claritin D and then had trouble sleeping?

I took the 24 hour pill about 1:00 yesterday and I feel like I just skimmed through sleep last night!

Though I still feel like I have energy?
Old 03-10-2010, 07:23 AM   #76

Yes MK it bothers me. I just use the old fashioned sudafed 4 hr. formula and no problems. Not big ones anyway. And I usually only have to take it once during the day. For an antihistamine I try to stick with another old timer: Benadryl. They both seem to work unless I'm really bad then I might get desperate and pull out bigger guns.

Have fun Carolyn. I wish I could go with you. Sounds like a fun day.

A honking horn woke me up from a dead sleep this a.m. Either that or I was dreaming of a honking horn, lol. Whatever, it woke me up and I wasn't ready!!!

My DD brought us some no bake choc. oatmeal cookies last night. 3 each! Those are my number 1 red light food of all time!! So you already know the rest of this story. It didn't catch up today but watch out tomorrow. Plus I have Daughters of Isabella tonight and we always have yummy stuff there. Of course.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:41 AM   #77
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
MK, I can't take any of the D formulas b/c they can raise blood pressure, and thus, I think they rev you up, which is kind of needed during the day but certainly not at night. I have so many sleep challenged nights and I HATE them.
Oh Sandy, I love those no bake oatmeal yummies, I can even remember the very first time I had them and where!! That's bad. I was at summer camp, it was the last day when the parents brought pot luck and loving anything chocolate, this little girl zeroed iin on those and thought wow, this really is church camp, these little gems are from heaven. LOL. Does she put peanut butter in hers? Some recipes have that, some don't. Let me just say, they were worth it and I am sure won't set you back, wink.
Nice of Alex to get you up early and starting on your day, let us know what you find out shopping, sounds like fun Carolyn.
Kim, I love Vitatops, especially the grain ones, actually like those better than the chocolate ones.
DGS is at the district geography bee this morning. I wanted to go but have too much to do getting things ready for me to go tomorrow to NE. We will drive back home on Sat. so it is a quick, short trip, but then DD#1 will be here for several days so I won't get much done for about a week, but lots of fun with my kids and grandkids.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:04 AM   #78

Oh yes, they have p. butter in them. They were so good! Yes I think they're heavenly too....or maybe not, lol.

Have fun on your trip.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:38 AM   #79
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Yes MK it bothers me. I just use the old fashioned Sudafed 4 hr. formula and no problems. Not big ones anyway. And I usually only have to take it once during the day. For an antihistamine I try to stick with another old timer: Benadryl. They both seem to work unless I'm really bad then I might get desperate and pull out bigger guns.
Great!

There the only ones I could find that don't have lactose in them.
It was getting so hard to spin because I just couldn't breathe. The inside of my nose felt swollen and I was drippy - is that TMI??

Now my nose feels great . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning!

Kim, I love Vitatops, especially the grain ones, actually like those better than the chocolate ones.
Can you get Vitatops any place but on line?

And are you calling Cindy, Kim?
Old 03-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #80

Hi..

Made it back from B'ville..all by myself..I would have loved you to go, too,Sandy..

I wasn't going to buy anything, but I got 3 tops at Christopher and Banks..
Hey, I didn't know that Wednesday peeps over 60 get 10 percent off..LOL.
I love the lady there because she didn't think I was 60.. Then I got some new sneakers and black flats.

I also got a sample of the LOreal DoubleWear Makeup..Peeps on the PG love it.
We will see..

Owwwooo..cookies in any shape sound delicious..Those evil Girl Scouts are at it again, too..
Old 03-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #81

I am being soooooooooooooooo good, ladies..I have been testing my bsugar to make sure I stay on the straight and narrow..Honestly, I think I hadn't a clue how carbs affected
me.. I didn't realize it was that bad.. I am trying to keep my sugars under 100ish and I think this will help with weightloss..

The good news is now I have nommie cafe breves..(coffee and steamed half and half).
Old 03-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #82
Princess Proofreader

Soooo pretty out - it's 72!!!!!!!!!

We're home from all the errands. The doc had both boys get HPV shots - I didn't know it was available for boys, but it is. DD23 had her series, but DD26 was too old when it came out.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:08 PM   #83

HPV shots??? I didn't know boys could get it either..How many shots?
Old 03-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: smoky
Stats: Start weight 280/208/180
WOE: Type 2 Diabetic on - LCHF
Start Date: Re Start Oct 19 2013
Hello all just checking in to see how you all are well i hope? Have not been on hear for awhile 6 weeks ago i went to Dr. for check up my blood pressure was 190/100 blood surer was 5.8 =106 she put me on blood pressure meds. and a high fiber low fat diet since then have put on 20 lbs. and am getting BS readings Fasting 7.5= 135 and two hrs after eating 9/10.5==170/195 am going back to see her on Mon going a ask for a GTT to see if i am diabetes if she says no. its time for new Dr. and back to low carbHope everyone is well and have a great night all
Old 03-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #85

Gord: Hmmm..like I said on the other thread, my 3 month test was 5.7, which is averaging 127..My doctor said I was not diabetic, but was on the high end. I had not been eating perfectly (meaning LC)..or induction levels, so I started right away to
eat better and take chromium and alpha L. acid. I do test my bsugar and it has lowered since I started being good...really good. My dr. didn't say I needed a GTT..However, before you take one be sure to carb up for a few days, if you haven't been..That way it gets a better reading..
Old 03-10-2010, 07:43 PM   #86

Hi Gord. Nice to see you checking in. Good luck on your GTT. Maybe you should take your Dr. a copy of Barry Groves book or Dr. Bernstein's book. Those poor docs don't learn what they really need to in med school to deal with diabetes or pre diabetes. We end up having to educate them and that is sometimes a losing battle it seems. Hang in there.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:25 AM   #87
Big Yapper!!!!

Quick note before I take off.
Hi Gord, great to see you. Sorry to say, it sounds like diabetes to me. Or, at least that is as high as mine was when my doctor said I had diabetes and I was going to one of the best endocrinologist in the Dallas area. I think they treat it sooner now than maybe they did in the past and different doctors have different values they consider but I say get on it now and avoid any complications.
Went to dinner club with my peeps last night, had a great time. Now, a week filled with my kiddos, then I will collapse, LOL.
Take care everyone.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:30 AM   #88
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Great!

Can you get Vitatops any place but on line?

I get them in the freezer section at my local HyVee and Netrition sells the mix. I just bought a bunch of the mix because it is much cheaper. I like the cran/bran, the rasin/bran and the blue/bran. I also ordered the corn muffin mix. Most of the muffins have 5-6 grams of fiber each and I eat 3 in the morning so I think that's why my BS doesn't take a nose dive and I'm ravenous. That's a lot of fiber. And they taste very naughty!!

I have always known that I can lose weight o 1200 calories a day of anything. 1200 calories a day of Snickers and I will lose. I'm just tying to find a combo that I feel best.

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 03-11-2010 at 08:32 AM..
Old 03-11-2010, 08:37 AM   #89
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky View Post
Hello all just checking in to see how you all are well i hope? Have not been on hear for awhile 6 weeks ago i went to Dr. for check up my blood pressure was 190/100 blood surer was 5.8 =106 she put me on blood pressure meds. and a high fiber low fat diet since then have put on 20 lbs. and am getting BS readings Fasting 7.5= 135 and two hrs after eating 9/10.5==170/195 am going back to see her on Mon going a ask for a GTT to see if i am diabetes if she says no. its time for new Dr. and back to low carbHope everyone is well and have a great night all
Ouch, Gord! 190/100 is really bad! Yes, time for a new doc. My BP dropped 25 points with the addition of 6 of the big 1200mg Costco fish oil tabs. Keep us updated.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #90
Princess Proofreader

Cindy - I'll check the HyVee when I'm in KC for Easter!
Are they hard to make? Do you need a muffin top pan?
Guess I should check the ingredients - is there milk in them?

Carolyn - I guess it's new - they suggest it for all men under . . . 23 or 25.
Women get cervical cancer and men get oral cancer.
And this can help prevent it.

Gord - yikes!! Yes, go back to LC!

Buffy - have fun!!!