Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2010, 01:58 PM   #31
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Awwww I love happy endings!!

I'm home.
Finally.
Except for spin class I'm not leaving the house tomorrow.
Please don't let me!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 02:13 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
More PT for Dad and then hopefully all will be well. I'm sure praying that's true.

It's beautiful here today. I took Bailey on a power walk between Bible study and Dad's Dr. appt. She was happy.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 02:35 PM   #33

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Don't leave home except for spinning, MK.. We will be watching you.

Ds22 is planning a small roadtrip with one or two of his buddies part of Spring Break..They will be home for part of it, so that's good.

Sandy: Do you have to take your dad to PT??
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:53 PM   #34

No!!! Thank goodness Home Health comes to his house. And he said it's covered by his insurance. I sure hope he's right.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:59 AM   #35
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

TGIF!
It seems like we've all had a really long week!

DS20 made it home safely last night. Ate 1/2 of the leftovers in the refrigerator and went to bed. At least I think he went to bed - I was asleep by 10:15.

Sandy - hope your dad's PT goes well!

Carolyn - where are they going on their road trip?
Old 03-05-2010, 05:21 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning friends.
Woke up early to the sound of breaking glass, went to investigate and seems some kitty, they all pointed paws, had knocked a pretty birthday wine glass off the table that I had laid out as a birthday gift for a friend. Hmmm, nobody would fess up but it shattered all over the floor so now I just have a card for her and taking her to dinner. Bad kitties!
Cindy, so glad you are feeling better. I could not believe how long mine hung on, I was tired of laying around but yet didn't have the energy to do much but lay around.
Sandy, good news on the PT coming to your dad.
Carolyn and MK, spring break kids coming and going, enjoy.
Hope you can make 1 full day at home MK, let us know.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:37 AM   #37

Ok,MK we're watching you. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE!!!! Except maybe to enjoy the weather on a nice walk.

It's amazing what truly eating right will do for me. I joined the Daily Weighers thread, since I weigh every day anyway and I don't know if that's the reason I've stayed on plan this week or what, but I'm down to 147.8 this a.m. Just in time to motivate me for the weekend too! I'm sure I won't be perfect but at least I'll be better, lol.

Buffy, shame on the kitties! I love those pretty wine glasses. Is it the painted ones? I got one last year for my birthday and my DD got one this year for hers. They are really unique but I'm sure your friend will enjoy dinner and time with you just fine.

Carolyn, I'd love to take a road trip with friends. I think that would be such fun. I just love trips though, any trips. Except the one to visit the inlaws. That one is always a bit depressing. But necessary.

I've been sleeping terribly this week. I go to sleep and sleep good for about 5 hours and then I'm wide awake. I hate it!!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 03-05-2010, 09:09 AM   #38
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Woke up early to the sound of breaking glass, went to investigate and seems some kitty, they all pointed paws, . . . .
They pointed paws!
Too cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Ok,MK we're watching you. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR HOUSE!!!! Except maybe to enjoy the weather on a nice walk.
the bills are paid
the laundry is going
and the sewer guy came, cleaned out the tree roots from the line and just left - so first my shower and then . . .

Oh - but DS20 is up and making me an onion/pepper omelet!

And I do have a friend coming over at 2:00 to walk!
Yay!
Old 03-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #39

Hi ladies..

LOL..I don't think Brett and his buddies or buddy know where they are yet..Just some fun stuff to get away before they get "real" jobs..which I hope will happen during the summer.

Those kitties.. I'm sure they were batting it around, Buffy and having a wee of a time. I never ask for flowers because Alex would be chewing on them..

Sandy: Betty had some PT come to her and it is very nice..and provides your dad with a visitor.

I need to join the Daily Weighers Thread, too...I am diligent in watching my
blood sugar levels..and being careful of what I eat..Yesterday I did have some hominy for dinner..I wasn't perfect and bs was 103 this morning..I need to keep track.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:52 AM   #40

Hi..

Up and ready to roll (NOT). I joined Walk Kansas through my fitness place and they are having a big rally with prizes this morning downtown..I never have gone before, but I'm feeling "lucky" today.

Ate out with friends last night..Had a few sweet potato fries..up a pound..

What's up everyone?
Old 03-06-2010, 08:25 AM   #41
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning peeps.
Yes MK, it was one of those really cute painted wine glasses. Thank heaven's it was the $4.99 one instead of the $24.99 kind from Lolita. Carolyn, is right, I am sure they were just having a heyday batting it back and forth.
Took friend shopping and out to dinner last night, we had a wonderful time and shopped until the stores closed. Went to several small stores, then to the mall and I stopped at the makeup counter in Neimans and of course they had this amazing new product with retinol in it that promises to make me young looking and I caved and bought it. But, got a free tote bag with lots of samples in it as a gift with purchase, like that makes it ok. I hope I love the product, they can make everything look nice on you. Then we went on to MAC where my friend had some makeup done and she bought the products they used on her, which looked great on her. We were bad and topped the evening off with a cherry turnover each from Arby's on the way home. Fun night!
Don't plan on getting out today unless it is to run to a couple of stores close by. Need to wash the bed linens from top to bottom and take the electric blanket off.
Congrats Sandy for being so good this week, looks like it paid off.
Kim, how are you feeling my dear?
Carolyn, sweet potato fries are sooo good.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #42

Hi ladies..

Great minds think alike..I got the cheap brand of Retinol by ROC today!!! I also bought some cinnamon and chrominum to try to lower my blood sugar a bit. I know my doctor would give me a script for the real retinol if I asked her..But then again, maybe it's too late..

Buffy: Let me know how your brand works, K?

Dh is running errands and he is actually going to WalMart to buy himself more undershirts..I guess his wife doesn't do the laundry enough..LOL..

Big 12 day for KS..
Old 03-06-2010, 01:57 PM   #43

Love makeup!! Sounds like you had a good time Buffy and that's all that really matters, right?

Carolyn, you should have a talk with that wife, lol.

KU pulled out a win against MU. Woohooo. I was a bit worried at the beginning of the game.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:08 AM   #44

LOL..Good day for the Jayhawks and bad day for the Wildcats...(and their mothers were there from Puerto Rico..senior day).

Off to church, then lunch, then a women's thing..

It's warming up here a bit, so that is nice.. We need a new grill for the deck. Nothing huge..but maybe a small Weber..
Old 03-07-2010, 05:37 AM   #45
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Morning All! Work today so I'll check back later, Beautiful here, hope it's nice where your at!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:36 AM   #46
Princess Proofreader

Morning all!

It's almost nice here - supposed to be in the 50's but possibly some rain . . . . I'm hoping to get a walk in later.

Hope everyone has a fun day planned!
Old 03-07-2010, 06:52 AM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Rainy here too :-(
It has really been spring weather all week though, highs in the 60's, the neighbor across the street mowed his lawn yesterday! Mostly to even up the weeds and dethatch but hearing lawnmowers makes it spring.
My family in Iowa is really welcoming the warmer weather, but now the snow is melting and they have MUD everywhere. Yuck.
Ended up running to TJMaxx with my friend yesterday afternoon, bought some retinol in a pump there that I thought I could use on my hands, since they look old as well.
Carolyn, you will have to let me know how the ROC works and I will report back on this. I did do my makeup like they suggested, using this tinted retinol under my foundation and using their concealer with retinol and I thought my makeup looked nice, so think I will go back and let them do the makeover they wanted to do. Didn't have time the other night. They have a foundation I am interested in and I am almost out.
DD#3 stopped by in the evening and stayed and chatted awhile, we had a good time.
DGS 10 tried out for and made a "select" baseball team, not sure if that is good or bad, it is just too intense I think. Practice 3 times a week and games on both Sat. and Sun. The 3 coaches have boys who they are grooming for highschool, college, and onward baseball, so they sign them up for every event. DD and DSIL are going to let DGS do it for one season and then let him decide if he wants to continue. He is a good player but it leaves time for nothing else.
My little Ava and Cristian and parents are in San Fran, I am missing my babies and anxious for them to come home.
Next week I will be heading to NE to see older DGkids, then driving back home with DD#1, can't wait to have her here for a few days and to see the kids. They are too busy with work and activities right now to come back with us, will be staying home with Dad.
Always office work to do, I like to goof off too much anymore.
WOE, hmmm, not perfect but ok
Carolyn, I tried the cinnamon, didn't do anything for me but worth a try. Bragg's ACV is also supposed to be good to normalize blood sugar but I forget to take it regularly.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #48

Hi ladies.

Goofing off is the best, Buffy..Those "bigtime" baseball teams can be very intense..I hopehe enjoys it.. Your retinol has a very intense program. Maybe we should ask our dr.s for a prescription??? Hmm..

Have fun working, Cindy..

It is 67 here..It was warmer outside than in the house, so the windows are open..

Off to my afternoon event. I'm full from eating chicken/cheese and some refried beans for lunch, so I won't want to eat anything there..
Old 03-07-2010, 03:12 PM   #49

A little humor for Hoarder fans..
Old 03-07-2010, 04:25 PM   #50

I got retin A once from my Dr but I love the sun and he said I couldn't use it in the sun, so just wrinkles for me, lol. Tan wrinkles. Lol.

Beautiful day here. We took a nice long walk after church and we visited with DD and her hubby for awhile too. Then we went to eat. DH has been wanting fried chicken. Sigh.... So I gave in to him. I ordered chopped steak with grilled onions though. But I did eat part of my baked potato. But no biscuit!! Baby steps.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:21 PM   #51
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Carolyn, I LOVE your Hoarder pic!!

I have a page out of a magazine with tomato varieties for the summer. I know it's only March but I can't stand it!!

Anyone watching the Academy Awards tonight? I probably not but I do like to catch the end where they do all the big awards.

Sandy, I have been using Retin A for about 7 years. I wear SPF 100 !! Talk about sun sensitive!

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 03-07-2010 at 05:22 PM..
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #52

I'm watching Oscar right now. I never miss it!!
Old 03-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #53

Sandy is our top movie goer.. I used to watch it all the time when I went to the movies regularly..It is fun to watch.

Yes, I heard you have to dose up when you go out in the sun.. No wonder you look so young, Cindy..

I have been reading the Bernstein diabetic diet book...He's a lowcarb doctor for sure..
His "thing" is 6 carbs at breakie, 12 carbs at lunch, and 12 at dinner. Now, the carbs come from veggies, dairy and protein. Another interesting thing is that he says it takes
4 hours for your blood sugar to go down after a meal..So, don't eat between meals unless it is a small amount of protein. Interesting, huh?
Old 03-08-2010, 04:34 AM   #54
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

It's supposed to be warmer today - but right now it's 38° and foggy!
I have spin class and DS20 has a doc recheck this afternoon.

Besides that - I spent most of yesterday watching Flash Forward.
Good show!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:00 AM   #55

Hi gang..

It's 50 here already, so that's a good sign..We will probably all be a bit warmer today.

Going to the chiro for my monthly adjustment, then exercise, home, etc..Dh is leaving for FL tomorrow.

Ds22 called last night..Big week for homework, projects, etc..He and Austin haven't decided where they are going, but it will be south..I told him not to hit Mexico and they agree..It's nice the boys are making their own plans..or lack of.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:05 AM   #56
Princess Proofreader

LOL! Sometimes no plan IS the plan!
Old 03-08-2010, 06:30 AM   #57

Good advice Carolyn. Avoid the border towns!!! Even the ones on this side of the border.

I'm being lazy this a.m. and lingering over my coffee and Bible study. I really need to get busy and do something. Especially outside before the nasty rain sets in. I have to get a crown tomorrow. Or the prep work for it started anyway. I can't think of a worse thing to look forward to. Ugh!!
Old 03-08-2010, 07:23 AM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning peeps. 55 here and supposed to rain, once again. We don't usually have this many rainy days but I know it is good to get the lakes full, etc.
Carolyn, I love, love, love the cat hoarder, LOL at the "don't throw that away" part. I love to watch that show for some sick reason.
Kim, SPF 100!! I didn't even know it went that high. I don't use sunscreen on a daily basis but it is in my foundation, some of my potions, etc. and I just found a nice handcream I really like at TJ's that has sunscreen in it. I went back and bought every tube they had, like 4-5 of them. I am working on my hands as well as my neck and face to try to soften the aging skin and lessen the look of wrinkles. I don't have many sunspots but I have one big one on my face and one big one on my hand that I am working away on. To be honest, I can't see that they have faded one bit, but, I am not using peels or anything that strong. Maybe I will finally get around to that dermatologist appt. I keep thinking about.
I agree on not going to any Mexican border towns, living in TX we see a lot of violent news about those areas. Very scary and I am afraid it is spilling into the states. Drugs are so horrible as to what they do to people, their lives, families, etc.
I didn't watch the Oscars, I like to read about the dresses the next day in the paper and read the highlights. I did turn the tv over to that, thought I would listen as I did other things. Strangest thing, that was the tv in the den and DH had been watching the history channel on it before he went to bed. I turned it over to the Oscars and later, heard the history channel on? Went in and changed it back to the Oscars and pretty soon, what do I hear, but the history channel?? WTHeck? Me thinks me has a ghost or one of the kitties was really into that history show and kept stepping on the remote with his little paws??? HMMMMM
Have a wonderful, great day my friends
Old 03-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #59

No plan works for the boys, I think..They think they can do Arkansas, MO, OK, and TX in a couple of days with time leftover for home.. Whatever, I'll be praying for safety..

I made some bread using the Deluxe cheese squares. One piece at a time microwaved
for about 40 seconds on parchment paper..Made 2 and ate them with my McDonald's burger. Very nommie..

I think the Hoarder show makes me feel "neat".. My dh switches the tv to the military channel..ewww...

I read who won this morning..One gal at exercise didn't like The Hurt Locker at all..nor did her dh..Anyone see it???
Old 03-08-2010, 12:54 PM   #60

We did. We thought it was good, sad, gory but a good story. And good acting too.