Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Eat Fat, Get Thin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/)
-   -   how can i get Fat??? no pun intended - LOL! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/662617-how-can-i-get-fat-no-pun-intended-lol.html)

LIL 02-19-2010 02:58 PM

how can i get Fat??? no pun intended - LOL!

im totallay Brand New and im learning alot on LC Friends! and since this thread is called Eat Fat/Get Thin -
what types of FAT do y'all eat? i mean i know Butter and Olive Oil.. but
what are some other Good Ways For Me To Get Fat into My Low Carb eating? :confused:

EVAO 02-22-2010 10:22 AM

Cold pressed extra virgin Avocado oil

Is higher in Vitamins than olive oil, higher levels of oleic and folic acids
help prevent a myriad of diseases, unlike olive oil in maintains nutrients at high smoke points, makes for healthy frying. Try it you will love it

Cynthia2005 02-22-2010 10:25 AM

Bacon, ribeyes, 73% ground beef, eggs (esp. deviled). Heavy whipping cream.

IPR 03-02-2010 12:01 AM

Fatty meats, cook with plenty of lard, butter on all veg, full fat or double cream with fruit, coconut oil to name a few. Limit vegetable oils though.

DelhiBelli 03-29-2010 08:34 PM

I'm the same as IPR, but add tallow to the list. I LOVE tallow. Fry up some onions in it and the house smells soooo good. Kinda reminds me of how McD's used to smell when they used beef fat to cook fries.

GME 03-29-2010 09:05 PM

Avocado is my fave!

martiangurll 05-07-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DelhiBelli (Post 13311748)
I'm the same as IPR, but add tallow to the list. I LOVE tallow. Fry up some onions in it and the house smells soooo good. Kinda reminds me of how McD's used to smell when they used beef fat to cook fries.

I think I am salivating on my keyboard. Where does one acquire this tallow of which you speak?

pennylovesdarren 05-07-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martiangurll (Post 13456389)
I think I am salivating on my keyboard. Where does one acquire this tallow of which you speak?

LOL! :)

dBailey 05-18-2010 02:58 PM

I haven't read Barry's books but have read some of his articles on his website but am having trouble with his prescription for eating that much fat! Is he saying basically that because carbs and proteins need to be minimized that only leaves fat to supply the calories, so eat up? Or is it that the body does indeed benefit more from fat metabolism than from carbs or protein? Is that a fact agreed upon by the scientific community? I'd like to hear from more of you on your experiences with this diet...what are your cholesterol numbers? Is it an effective weight loss plan? I would think a little less fat (meaning less overall calories) would speed up the weight loss...
Dennis

MagicalHome 05-20-2010 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GME (Post 13311813)
Avocado is my fave!

I vote for avocado too :D I love it :x

synger 06-11-2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dBailey (Post 13494024)
I haven't read Barry's books but have read some of his articles on his website but am having trouble with his prescription for eating that much fat! Is he saying basically that because carbs and proteins need to be minimized that only leaves fat to supply the calories, so eat up? Or is it that the body does indeed benefit more from fat metabolism than from carbs or protein? Is that a fact agreed upon by the scientific community? I'd like to hear from more of you on your experiences with this diet...what are your cholesterol numbers? Is it an effective weight loss plan? I would think a little less fat (meaning less overall calories) would speed up the weight loss...
Dennis

I calorie-count as a "framework" for my diet, and I find that when I eat at the high end of the fat percentage (50% or more), I'm eating far fewer calories than I am otherwise. I aim for fewer than 1800/day, and often end up around 1400 or so when I'm eating full fat.

I use coconut oil, bacon grease, and butter as my main cooking oils. Olive oil, olives, nuts, nut butters, cream, cheeses, mayo and avocados are other fat sources. I eat a lot of eggs, and bacon, sausage, duck, and beef.

I've lost almost 30 pounds already, and my cholesterol has reduced 20 points.

And when I'm on-plan, I have almost no cravings. It's been eye-opening.