Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Eat Fat, Get Thin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/)
-   -   Walking! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/661984-walking.html)

anu77 02-15-2010 10:17 PM

Walking!

Into my knowledge walk efficiently is most important part of exercise. But you most have good walking schedule.

Do any of you have a daily walking routine?

:kicking:

lovexoxohug 02-16-2010 09:43 AM

i walk everyday for 1 hour
my mom walks 2 hrs in the morning and 1 hour in the evening
:clap:

Demonica 02-20-2010 03:22 PM

I like to walk the nature trail here in my area. It is about 1 1/2 miles long, one way. (at least the part that I walk) So I walk on that. Three miles easily done.

I can't wait till the snow goes away so I can walk it again!

pennylovesdarren 02-20-2010 03:42 PM

I try to walk 5 days a week for an hour. I don't always walk that long but sometimes I walk longer to make up for it. Walking is just fun and it's helped me lose over 40 lbs.

KevinK 02-24-2010 02:31 PM

I usually go for brisk walking. Otherwise uses the treadmill on our gym.

anulu 03-09-2010 03:59 PM

I like hiking. Luckily I live close to hiking trails.

Going up the hill is awesome for a workout. One hour to one and half hours 3 -4 times per week.

Bobbedazzler 03-11-2010 01:53 AM

I have a treadmill at home and want to start walking twice a day.

Am I best doing a steady pace but for longer or a fast pace for a shorter period of time??

After about 5 mins of brisk walking I look like I have a big red strawberry head! lol

Sooo unfit but really want to change that!

Thanks, Jo x

Kisha1976 04-09-2010 10:42 AM

I love walking so much.
But I usually can only get about 30 minutes in because my allergies go absolutely crazy when I'm outside. So when the weather gets hotter, I'm going to join a gym and/or work out at home with my dvds.

CindyCRNA 04-15-2010 11:04 AM

The Lighter Side of Low-Carb: Gluten-free, low-carb buns (aka Oopsie rolls)

lovelymc72 05-10-2010 02:24 PM

how fast are you all walking and do you believe you have to do those out of breath walking sessions to achieve any kind of weight loss.

precious_hrt 01-14-2011 11:08 PM

Walking

I love walking, especially when it is a little cooler outside nice fresh crisp air.
Walking and floor exercises are what helped me keep off 60 lbs when I first started the Atkins diet in 2000. And I kept it off for 7 yrs all of it, then I just kind of hit a depression and wham bam thank you mam some of the weight creeped back in. I am now starting today Saturday Jan/15/2011. I am excited =o) I also wanted to start running but I read this story that running can damage the heart if your not a conditioned runner. Here is the link just incase your intrested>>>>- CTV News.
I think I am just going to stick with mid/to slightly fast pace walking with my ipod shuffle. I wish all you ladies the best and know that you can do it get your minds set to help our bodies and feel so much better. :up:

~PaperMoon~ 01-15-2011 02:50 AM

I walk every day to and from work and I walk to and from the store whenever I need to go out. :cool:

xprobert 03-12-2011 03:35 AM

i must say i walk every day specially when i am off to work

TuscanGirl 04-01-2011 05:28 AM

During the warm months (and we're almost there!) I walk about 5 miles a day ~ 2.5 in the morning and 2.5 in the evening.
It takes me about 45 minutes each time, though I hope to get faster this summer!

It really helped me lose last year and I hope it does the same this one!

I listen to books on my IPod while I walk.

~PaperMoon~ 04-01-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TuscanGirl (Post 14522756)
During the warm months (and we're almost there!) I walk about 5 miles a day ~ 2.5 in the morning and 2.5 in the evening.
It takes me about 45 minutes each time, though I hope to get faster this summer!

It really helped me lose last year and I hope it does the same this one!

I listen to books on my IPod while I walk.

Yes you will get faster, it used to take me 45 minutes to walk 1 1/2 mile, now it only takes me 10-15 minutes. :cool: So you will get better. :cool:

Furious Bunny 04-02-2011 12:30 PM

I love walking (which is good, since I have no car and have to do it every day). Walking is a wonderful way to get outdoors, and lets you get a better idea of your surroundings than driving or biking. Wear good shoes/sandals and bring some water. Great fun for spring!

~PaperMoon~ 04-03-2011 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Furious Bunny (Post 14526875)
I love walking (which is good, since I have no car and have to do it every day). Walking is a wonderful way to get outdoors, and lets you get a better idea of your surroundings than driving or biking. Wear good shoes/sandals and bring some water. Great fun for spring!

Yup, I totally agree! I have really been able to do more walking since not having my car. I didn't realize before how out of shape you can get just from having a car if you don't really go out of your way to exercise and walk regularly. So not having a car has actually been really good for me. :cool: And you definately can never leave home without carrying water or something to drink with you especially in the kind of weather I have! It was 95 degrees today and 97 yesterday! :D And summer has not even arrived yet! :laugh:

TuscanGirl 04-03-2011 06:40 PM

Walked tonight - since it's 80!!

I forgot to wear a pedometer OR check the time when I left!
So no clue how I did!