Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 07:08 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I'm up today on my weight. 154.4! I think this is the highest I've been for over a year. Maybe two or more. Vacation and this last week really hit me hard. This last week was worse than vacation I think due to lack of exercise on top of too much eating. At least on vacation I walked everywhere. Ok, enough whining. I have to own it and change it. I'm turning over a new leaf starting this a.m. I need to get my butt back to the gym too. I miss working out and it really helps me with eating and I feel so much better.

I have a massage this morning which I'm so looking forward to. It's so cold here but at least the sun is shining.

I need to get started on my taxes which I dread.

DH slept terrible last night which means my night wasn't so good either. We're shopping for a new mattress again. Wow, what a shell game that is! We've had 3 new mattresses in the last 15 years and 2 of those have been in the last 8 years. Finally a mattress guy told us the warranty is useless; that mattresses actually only last between 6-8 years no matter how much $$ you pay for them and to buy them based on the amount and type of padding, not the springs/coils or gauge of those. He used to be a Sealy rep and was a great salesman winning trips to Europe, Hawaii, etc. I sure hope he's telling us the truth. At least we won't be spending 1,000s of $$.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2010, 10:52 AM   #152

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

Finding a new mattress is hard, I think. I agree on the padding..I have a foam topper that I got at Overstock..It is very comfortable. Do you want a pillow top one??
Gary is the tax man..he hates it, too..I have to remind him. However, he started using his mother's accountant last year.

Going for bloodwork for thyroid in the a.m...She said to take my last pill this afternoon and no eating food after midnight..(which I thought was weird for a thyroid test)..Good thing my appointment is at 9 a.m...

Weight gain and vacations go hand in hand for me... You can lose it, Sandy..

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #153
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning peeps.
I love the March title.
I am hooked on the Housewife shows, except the Atlanta ones, never got into that. I just love to watch it for the glitzy clothes, makeup, bags, cars, houses and the cat fights, har har har.
Interesting note. I think all of you mentioned that you have dieted since a really young age, but you are all now at what I would call reasonable weights, you control it well through a lot of hard work. I was very thin as a child and for 5'6" weighed 128 when I got out of high school. I had to start watching my weight about then for the first time ever, I can remember girls in high school saying they were on a diet and I really didn't understand why as I had never gained too much weight. Well, fought it and fought it from then on, took the strong diet pills when evidentially my doctor didn't know any better, nor did I. They worked along with a lot of walking for a long time. Then, when I realized they were not healthy at all and went off them, and quit smoking, the lbs just kept coming and coming until I finally hit my all time high of 242 several years ago. I don't think any of you ever let your weight get that much out of control, so maybe it was better that you had to learn at an earlier age to watch it??? Who knows, we just all know it is a royal pain and we never are exactly happy at the weight we are, or if we are, we hate what it takes to maintain it.
I still have a cough and froggy throat from being sick and get tired very easily, but, for the most part feel a lot better.
Sandy, I think mattress shopping is one of the hardest things in the world to shop for, there is no way to compare them. One of the best we have in the house is in my son's old room, everyone who sleeps on it loves it and it wasn't horribly expensive, we just kind of lucked out on it.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #154

I never took diet pills..but I gained alot of weight after my pregnancies..and fought like heck to get it off..After ds22 was born, I got skinny on WWers, then ballooned up slowly to 195 from 1990 to 2002 before I started on LCing.

Glad you are better, Buffy.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #155

We have 2 great mattresses upstairs. I tried to get DH to just switch ours out with the king sized one upstairs but he thinks it's only comfortable because it gets slept on so seldom. He might be right. All I know is I'm tired of spending $$ on mattresses.

So far so good on eating today. I think I'm mentally in the right place so that'll be a great help.
The summer after my sophomore year in HS my older brother joined the Navy. In that summer I gained 30# because all we did was eat/drink (I was a wild child of the 60s, lol) all summer before he left. I held onto that 30# for a couple of years. Then I added another 60# to it when I got pregnant with DD. I lost the pregnancy weight but never the extra 30 until after I had DS a couple years later. That's when I joined WW and became a lifer. During the next 20+ years I'd gain and lose the same 30 or so pounds over and over with my high unpregnant weight being right about 185-190. Sometime around the late 90s or early 2000s I lost down to 155 or so and maintained that for a few years. Then I lost down to 145 and even a bit below but I can't maintain much below 145-150. That's where I've been for the past few years. Until now. I was almost 155 this morning! Yikes!! So I'm back on the wagon. Wow, that felt very cathartic, lol. Hi, my name is Sandy and I'm a foodaholic.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #156

LOL..Sandy, I know a good hypnotist who can cure ya..LOLOL

Yeah, I would switch mattresses, too..it's cheaper than a new one..

Brr..I'm freezing.. Need to get a turtleneck on.
Old 02-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #157

KCpeeps..That Waldo rapist was less than a mile from dd.. I guess he struck again, but the cops are digging up something in the yard..who knows??
Old 02-22-2010, 05:01 PM   #158

Oh, that's so scary Carolyn. I think Beth needs a tazer gun!!
Old 02-22-2010, 06:00 PM   #159
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Yikes Carolyn! That's scary!!!

My story is about the same.
I weighed 95 lbs all through HS and college - went down to 90 when I was cooking for myself and until I had kid #1. I gained and lost 40lbs with each kid with WW.
But after I hit 40 it just got harder and harder and I was 140 without being pregnant.

Now I'm happy at 120 - if I could ever see it again!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #160
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Hi, my name is Sandy and I'm a foodaholic.
Hi Sandy!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:45 PM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Hi Sandy!!
Oh good. I'm glad to see you're familiar with the program. I don't feel so alone now, . I wonder if they serve snacks at those meetings???? See where my mind always goes?
Old 02-23-2010, 07:00 AM   #162

Yup...

Why did God make food taste so good???

I was 151.5 this morning..and I even had 6 little LC carb donuts for a snack yesterday..
Full of fat. Skeeter has the recipe on the Recipe Site..very nommie.

I've had friends who have gone to OA..I don't think they serve snacks..LOL..

Yes, I googled where that rape occurred, and it was around the corner from dd..I hope they catch that evil man..
Old 02-23-2010, 07:45 AM   #163
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Oh good. I'm glad to see you're familiar with the program. I don't feel so alone now, . I wonder if they serve snacks at those meetings???? See where my mind always goes?
You know Sandy, my problem is I will always eat past full so I have to portion control and weigh everything. I am meeting a friend for sushi today and I have already been on the internet looking up good choices. EVERYDAY is weighing and measuring. I have no concept of when to stop, especially if it is good!

Carolyn, I have a feeling they will catch that guy. His profile is really up front on every news program and paper.

Got an interesting dinner in the oven. It's from Recpezaar and it's called Balsamic Short Ribs. I had about 4 pkgs of short ribs from my 1/4 cow I ordered so I looked up some recipes. This has balsamic vinegar, red wine, beef broth, tomates and brown sugar in the sauce. It is baked 2 hours, then refrigerated 8 hours, fat skimmed, then cooked on the stove 30 minutes. I'll let you know how it turns out. In loo of the fridge, it's going on the back poarch in a snow drift!

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
Old 02-23-2010, 08:03 AM   #164
Princess Proofreader

Spin class this morning - I've lost 2 lbs.
Shouldn't I have lost about 10??

Sandy - they'd probably get more people at the meetings if they served snacks!!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #165
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi Sandy, glad you found the strength to come to a meeting a join us. Please follow me to the snack table, it is back here, under some boxes in the closet. Hehehe
I went to 2 OA meetings. The 2nd meeting concluded with everyone going to a buffet together for lunch and pigging out. ????
My word, Carolyn, I hope they catch that guy soon. Everyone must be super diligent and watchful. I heard another good thing to have on hand is wasp spray, you spray that in a person's eyes, easy to find, buy and keep at hand.
Need to work in the office today, it gets so unruly so easily!
Think I will lay out hamburgers for dinner.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:04 AM   #166

Hi..

Got my blood drawn this morning, then exercised, and off to BStudy.

Yes, let's hope someone turns in that rapist..I don't know if he picks on women who live alone or not?

Let us know how the short ribs work out. They do take a while to cook, but they are very good..The recipe sounds very interesting.

MK:Good for you on the two pounds lost in the spin class.. That is alot of work and sweating, right?

LOL..on the OA meeting. Too many OAers together is a dangerous thing, I think..
Old 02-23-2010, 05:22 PM   #167

Dad's surgery went well. Now I just hope he can totally heal up and feel good. And I stayed on plan all day. Woohoo.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:39 AM   #168
Princess Proofreader

Sandy - congrats!!!

Carolyn - which neighborhood in KC?

Buffy -

Today is Spin Class and a Mom Day! BBL!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:28 AM   #169

Hi..

The neighborhood is called Waldo, but he was in Armour Hills..It's south of the Plaza near Brookside..Cute little 1920 homes and some not so little..Yeah, let's hope he is caught soon..

Still at 151..Stayed on plan yesterday, too.. Sandy..yeah for you, too.

Wildcats won last night..Next is Missouri..that will be tough.

Glad your dad's surgery went well, Sandy..Prayers for healing for him.

How were the ribs, Cindy?

MK: Another pound lost today during that spin class, right?

Buffy: Hope you feel perfect today..

Off to exercise, then do some WW billing, then more exercise, McDonalds and Valentine's Day with my friend.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:33 AM   #170

Busy day here. I need to get Dad home and settled and then my old car needs to go in the shop. I sure hope that's not $$$.

My weight is now settled at 152.2. I guess I need to be diligent and patient. Not my strong suits, lol.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:15 PM   #171

I hate cars going to the shop..We have been really lucky so far, so good with our cars..
At least this month.

Old 02-24-2010, 12:30 PM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

Ended up going to lunch with DH yesterday, then we shopped for the triplets birthday party this weekend, then some other looking around at "stuff" for no reason, by the time I got home I was tired again so ended up getting nothing done.
Better today, laundry is 2/3 done, house is picked up and attempting to get office work done.
Good for those of you who are being good and diligent.
Sandy, glad your dad's surgery went well. Prayers for a full recovery.
Carolyn, still celebrating Valentines day?
Cindy, yes, how did the ribs turn out?
MK, I so admire you on doing the spinning. I doubt I would make a full 5 minutes.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:21 AM   #173
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

My Spin Butt is better.
My mom is acting like a 2 year old.

AND it's time to go to Spin again!

This has been a long week!

And no - I've only lost 2 lbs total.
This is not fair.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:31 AM   #174

Hi ladies..

Shelley and I went to VD the movie..It was cute. There were 4 peeps in the theater.
I really want to see Alice in Wonderland..anyone going this weekend????

MK: Yup..my mom was like a 2 year old, too..I do think they regress greatly when they have AD. It is hard to know how to react..I guess you change the subject or distract them..like we did with our 2's..

Hope your dad is better today, Sandy..Is he going home to his home?
Old 02-25-2010, 07:44 AM   #175
Always on, slightly off

The ribs were more trouble than they were worth. Not bad, just not worth all day preparation.

It's official! My 5 days of sore throat is now a full blown cold with stuffy nose and all! What a pain. I hate being sick.

You know MK, I was watching this show about how a guy who had lost 200 pounds on the Biggest Loser had gained most of it back. He tryed to to re-lose some but the big thing that struck me was he went to boxing classes and was weight lifting and working out but I felt he neglected the most important thing: his diet. He made the statement that he didn't want to eat chicken breasts and steamed vegetables every night so he was eating baby back ribs and such. Every one always says to me, "Do you work out at the gym all the time" and I answer, "No, I diet all the time!" I excersize to make the muscle look better and to look more toned and don't forget the most important part, maintaining muscle mass to maintain metabolism. When I wear my HR monitor to see how many calories burned, It's about 100 for a weight lifting session. So I could eat a banana extra that day. Does this make sense? Pick exercises you like but the most important part of weight loss, hands down, is diet. I hated the Biggest Loser for the 6 hour exercise programs per day and people think this is what it takes to lose weight. Spinning is a great thigh burner and great for cardiovascular fitness but diet is king when it comes to weight loss......unfortunately. It would be nice to not be on a diet for a change.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:17 PM   #176

Hi ladies..

Cindy: So sorry about your full blown cold..I try to hit my sore throat with oscillium and echincea..? Sometimes it works.

I totally agree with Cindy..I think diet is 90 percent and exercise is 10 percent of weight loss. Course those BL peeps exercise 6 hours a day and try to burn thousands of calories with exercise.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:02 PM   #177
Princess Proofreader

Has anyone read The Help by Kathryn Stockett?
Great book!

Cindy - I hope you feel better. And I wish I could blame diet - but I've been really good.
Chicken and veggies, salmon and veggies, nothing white . . . . I'm not sure what else to do!
Old 02-25-2010, 04:06 PM   #178

No..haven't read that book...I am on the U book of Sue Grafton..
Old 02-25-2010, 05:01 PM   #179
Princess Proofreader

Carolyn - That one's good!

The Help is about:

Three ordinary women are about to take one extraordinary step.

Twenty-two-year-old Skeeter has just returned home after graduating from Ole Miss. She may have a degree, but it is 1962, Mississippi, and her mother will not be happy till Skeeter has a ring on her finger. Skeeter would normally find solace with her beloved maid Constantine, the woman who raised her, but Constantine has disappeared and no one will tell Skeeter where she has gone.

Aibileen is a black maid, a wise, regal woman raising her seventeenth white child. Something has shifted inside her after the loss of her own son, who died while his bosses looked the other way. She is devoted to the little girl she looks after, though she knows both their hearts may be broken.

Minny, Aibileen's best friend, is short, fat, and perhaps the sassiest woman in Mississippi. She can cook like nobody's business, but she can't mind her tongue, so she's lost yet another job. Minny finally finds a position working for someone too new to town to know her reputation. But her new boss has secrets of her own.

Seemingly as different from one another as can be, these women will nonetheless come together for a clandestine project that will put them all at risk. And why? Because they are suffocating within the lines that define their town and their times. And sometimes lines are made to be crossed.

In pitch-perfect voices, Kathryn Stockett creates three extraordinary women whose determination to start a movement of their own forever changes a town, and the way women--mothers, daughters, caregivers, friends--view one another. A deeply moving novel filled with poignancy, humor, and hope, The Help is a timeless and universal story about the lines we abide by, and the ones we don't.

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 02-25-2010, 09:44 PM   #180

Well, Alex and I were watching the Olympics and heard a squabble out on the deck..
So, I went to the sliding glass door, put on the light and saw 2 extremely chubby raccoons trying to get in to my new feeder..I yelled..One ran away and down the stairs and the one on the railing jumped off (2nd story deck). It's dark outside (duh) so I went downstairs to see if he was dead (God forbid). I'm hoping he is okay. I hope I don't get a call from PETA tomorrow.