Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 06:42 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Rainy day here, again....
Cold too, that I don't mind as cold for us is not that bad.
Going to stay in today and get office work done, a little laundry, then tomorrow will be packing and running a couple of last minute errands.
I take big doses of fish oil, if you go online and read up on it, there is lots of info. I think it has helped lower my cholesterol and trigs, they were both climbing and now they are still borderline high but seemed to have stopped going up. Also supposed to help us avoid that middle body weight. I can't tell if it has helped that or not, but my muffin top isn't as bad as some of my friends who weigh less than me. Like Carolyn said, go for a good quality one. I am not sure about Walgreen's brands, I am pretty sure places like Sam's even carry them. I order online.
Sandy is probably working on a good tan by now, Hi Sandy!!! In case you get a chance to check in.
Love is on vacation by now too, hope she is having a wonderful time.
Lola, are you still checking in? Hi!!!
Carolyn, I love husbands who travel, hahaha. I like my space and having some alone time so I have always enjoyed that. Some women don't though. Seems like you have a good balance of not too much travel and that you have good times when he is home.
Went to TJ Maxx yesterday and played with this new Iphone app that I have, it is a product scanner that tells you the regular retail price on products when you scan in the bar code. It doesn't work on everything and some things don't have barcodes, like cosmetics from Europe, but I found some beauty products that were $12.99 and regular prices ranged from $110 to $130. Fun in a place like TJ Maxx.
I have done better on quantity of food this week, since our new month began. Makes me think before I stuff :-)

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2010, 06:50 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovexoxohug
LOL! thanks all! i just packed my bag. waiting for my fiance to come to pick me up.

pssst.. lost another 2lbs..

Thanks all!!!!!!!!!! Wish me us all safe!!!!!!!

happy losing weight
lovexoxohug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 07:07 AM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
I have some of my mom's - Walgreens Finest Natural Brand.
Wonder if that's good enough . . . .?
Hi..

You know, there are purists out there who say you should only get pharmaceutical grade fish oil because the other stuff can go south on you really fast. Do your research..and you can probably get a good quality fish oil at netrition, which is always cheaper than my healthfoodstore.

Yup...I do the husband who travels very well and peeps look at me like I'm crazyish..Since we've been married 31 years, dh has been traveling from time to time. However, the worst time he was gone for 3 weeks in January once and dd was only a few months old..and we lived in Illinois and it snowed alot..

I love TJ's..we have one 90 minutes from us in Owasso, OK.

I was down to 151.8 this morning.. Yipee dippee..Now, this has been my lowest for a longggggg while..It's like the Iron Curtain of weight loss..So, I'm determined to break through this wall of 151..even if I have to use a sledgehammer..

Love: Have fun you skinny little thing, you.. We will be thinking of you.

It's slightly snowing here, but not bad..I have a lunch date today with an older woman from my church who is a great gal..Will exercise first, of course.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #34
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Have fun Love!

I may try mom's first - since it's free and then go to the health food store!

Wow - I started this hours ago . . .
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:32 PM   #35
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
It's all in the siggy I was 120 on Sat but then we all know what happened but I am back on the band wagon. We are due to get 1-3" of snow here.

Had salmon and a sweet potato for dinner. It was an orange theme.

Someone on the organic thread was talking about a garden and I got so sick of winter. I'm done! Costco sells these huge plastic pots and I'm going to buy more this year and try to do tomatillos, poblano peppers, more tomatoes, a couple of squash........and were due to get snow. Aaahhh!!!

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #36

Cindy: Are you due to get snow??? I had some scallops and brussell sprouts sauteed in butter/olive oil with garlic.

Hmmm...I'll have to check our weather.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:05 AM   #37
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

We're supposed to get snow here too - but it's only raining so far.

I haven't weighed yet . . . but I'm sure I gained.
Can we do this again for next week?

We're off to Indy this afternoon.
Everyone hold down the fort!
Old 02-05-2010, 06:21 AM   #38

Hi..

Yes, I think we had better do this for a month...LOL..Have a safe journey. Must be a swim meet, huh?

We are getting intermittent flakes today. No big storm, I don't believe.

Well, I am holding at 152.0..and that is without my water pill that I take once in a while. I'm in ketosis, I think..according to the sticks..So I need to keep there.

Our church is having a chili cookoff on Sunday, so it's not the worse thing in the world to eat in moderation. Some of them are reallllyyyyy HOT..not for me.

On the thyroid meds...Pam always said if you are optimized, then you have a level playing field like anyone else. If you aren't, then it is an uphill, impossible battle.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:16 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning peeps.
LOL Love, thought you had already left and we were in here talking about you, hehe. Great news on additional weight loss, awesome job!
You guys are doing great on your eating, I am very proud of you all. Cindy, aren't baked sweet potatoes the best? I love them. I am doing better on quantities so I am trying.

Talked to DD#1 last night, she is an elementary school principal and has 2 teens so is very busy, sometimes hard to catch her to talk and catch up on their news. They are in NE. Anyway, DGS 17 had a bad wreck last week that they hadn't told me about as yet, thank heavens he is ok. He was on a country road that he was unfamiliar with, at night, going a little too fast as he was late getting home and on what he thought was a thru road, he came to a T in the road. But, since their was a drive into a bean field he still didn't realize he wasn't on the road until he hit the bean field. He just got his license in Aug. Anyway, he hit a snowbank going 65 MPH, went airborn, came down, hit another, went airborn again, came down on the nose of the car and then flipped it over. Praise God, he walked away without a scratch. He had his seatbelt on and the airbag went off. I swear, this kid has we now know, 3 lives, he survived bone cancer of the skull when he was 12 and now this. He is a great kid and doesn't get into trouble, it was just staying at his friends a little longer than he should have, then trying to rush home. He was driving his DS's car, she is a year older than him and they hadn't gotten him a car yet. She is happy he is ok but very upset he wrecked her first car. Ohhh, the gray hairs sure popped out after hearing about that.
Baby Ava has a little virus so has a stuffed up nose and then DD got a breast infection since Ava wasn't nursing as much. Both are on the mend now though.

My car broke down AGAIN last night, another hose came loose and I lost antifreeze again, so had to pull into a parking lot and my friend came and picked me up. DH and I will have to go get it this morning. I hate car problems.

Off to Vegas in the morning. Going to get brows threaded today, then finish packing and I am more than ready to fly away.

Last edited by Buffy45; 02-05-2010 at 07:17 AM..
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #40

Hi..

Oh, Buffy, those dirt/gravel roads can be deadly..When will kids learn they can't drive fast on them..??? It's very common around here..Thank God he has his seatbelt on and the airbag went off. Lesson learned with no one hurt.

We all HATE car trouble.. Have fun in Vegas, baby.

I got Alex a kitty cat watering bowl fountain at Petco. He is not sure about it yet, but it takes them a while to "love" it according to the ads..We'll see..I think he is fully hydrated now from the other bowls I have around the house. So, I'm praying that was his "trouble" the other day instead of kidney problems.. His blood will be tested on the 15th.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:08 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lola Bartez
Stats: 181/153/135-140? (5' 6")
WOE: ZC
Start Date: 22 June 2010
Buffy - SO pleased your grandson walked away from that one - what a terrible fright for you all (and him)

well I am right back in the low carb groove - and really enjoying it. I've done four days of IF this week - not as hard as I thought it would be, but today was a normal low carb day - dinner was a lovely fat, juicy steak with rosemary butter and braised red cabbage

I found this thread over on the main lobby very interesting

Why the scales can lie.

it really gave me hope - and made me realise that I just didn't give the diet enough time last time around.

Bertrand Russell
Lola Bartez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #42

Hi everyone...

I'll have to check that link out, but I totally agree that scales can lie. I know that when I weighed 150ish in the past, my sizes and my body was much bigger..I think when we eat the amount of protein we should, we get a healthy body make up..plus exercises helps, too.

Was at 152 this morning..I think I ate too much fat yesterday..gotta watch that because it slips down so easily and it does count in the whole mix of things.

Boy, DC and the east coast is getting pelted with snow. Luckily, my dh is in Hotalanta and I think that little plane can head west to avoid the weather..

Hope Buffy is rolling the dices with luck today.

KSU plays Iowa State..Go Wildcats.
Old 02-07-2010, 06:41 AM   #43

Hi..

It's awfully quiet in here..Everyone is away except for Cindy and Lola..

I got some Armour (old) from King's Pharmacy in Lawrence while I am awaiting my shipment. The compounded synthetic wasn't the greatest and my Oswego pharma didn't have the natural so I switched.

Was 152 still this morning..in ketosis..This is okay. Chili cookoff at church and they are having a dessert cookoff..So, that will be a big no no for me. I might take a couple SF chocolates if I feel deprived.

Have a great day..
Old 02-07-2010, 01:53 PM   #44
Always on, slightly off

Carolyn, how are you liking ketosis? I never had the appetite suppression. In fact, I was starved all the time. But thats me!

We are supposed to get 4-8" of snow tonight and tomorrow. I am at work so I will have to dig my car out in the morning. ! more week till thyroid labs. I am currently on 3 grains of imported Armour and 12.5 mcgs of T3 so we'll see. Hair is great!!
Old 02-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #45

Oh..I didn't know you were kicking some extra T3, Cindy..Sometimes, it does take a combo to "work" I think. Not everyone is one size fits all..Anxious to see what your Free T3 is, too. Well, ketosis makes me thirsty..dry mouth, which is a good thing..

Honestly, I think the "hungry" thing might be the metabolism revving up a bit.

Be careful..I think the big snow will hit in the afternoon..
Old 02-07-2010, 04:01 PM   #46
Princess Proofreader

We're back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

Yes, I think we had better do this for a month...LOL..Have a safe journey. Must be a swim meet, huh?
It was a swim meet.
Getting there was awful. Sometimes we were driving 40 mph and the semis were going 60 mph!!

DS17 swam fine. Nothing great.
But he keeps missing practice so the fact that he kept up at all was a good thing.

We're supposed to get a couple more inches then do you think winter is over?

Buffy - I am so glad he's OK!!! Enjoy Vegas!

Lola - Thanks for the info!!!

Cindy - don't send us any snow please!
Old 02-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #47

Glad you made it back, MKay. Is ds thinking of swimming in college???

I think the groundhog saw his shadow..Dh parked my car in the garage so I could just head out in the a.m.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #48
Princess Proofreader

Hi Carolyn!
No clue about DS17.
DS20 swam for about a year and a half in college.

For men's swimming your college choices are very limited.
Not too many have teams any more - mainly division 3 schools.

So . . . I'm not going to push it!

Are you expecting more snow?
Old 02-07-2010, 06:04 PM   #49
Always on, slightly off

Carolyn, the T3 was added because my T4 was high enough but still had some wiggle room on the T3.

Making homemade Italian meatballs with V's spaghetti sauce (V's is a local restaurants brand) but I am going to put mine on top of zoodles made with my new spiral slicer. I have been wanting to use it. If they turn out pretty, I will take pics.

Girls, Sandy and I will try to contain the blizzard to our immediate area but we are making no promises.

Went to the gym yesterday for the first time in I'm-too-embarrassed-to-say and baby, am I sore! If I can get out of my driveway tomorrow, I'm going again!
Old 02-08-2010, 04:29 AM   #50
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Cindy - I should be calling right now to see if the Spin Class has an opening - as you can tell, I'm still here!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:21 AM   #51

Hi..

It must be "meatball" season..I"m making them tonight..I think I will do zoodles too if the zukes look good. I bought a spiral slicer and need to get it out..Sometimes I am lazy and just use a knife..no I bought a mandolin in Lawrence, so I can use that too..So many kitchen toys.

I have some wiggle room on the T3, too..My last bloodwork was T3=370 out of 230-420, but my T4 was out of .89-1.76, which was a bit low I think. The dr. thought it was fine, but she will do anything I want most of the time..This was on 3grains..Thoughts, Cindy?

Spin class? Was that the early one, MaryKay?

I was kinda glad the Saints won yesterday..I didn't really have any preference, but it was a good thing for New Orleans.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:33 AM   #52
Princess Proofreader

I was the early one Carolyn - it's 6-6:45am.
They're starting a new on at 7-7:45am tomorrow, but we're supposed to get this huge snow storm.
Maybe on Thursday!

I did get to the gym and did 45 mins on the treadmill and 15 mins arms.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #53

I know...we were supposed to get a huge snow storm..sometime..Just a skiff so far.

The 7-7:45 one sounds better than the 6 o'clocker.

Dh and I went out for lunch..He was in our town going to the eye doctor and by the time he got out it was 1:45..Mexican..am full..no dinner tonight.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:09 PM   #54
Princess Proofreader

It sounds better to me too - at least until winter is over!

What is OP at a Mexican restaurant.
Anything besides Fajitas?
That's what I usually have.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #55

I had chicken with cheese on top and a small guacamole salad..and 5 chips and a diet coke. Chiliquilas..or something like that..It has corn chips on the bottom, but I didn't eat those.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:28 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

hi all~
just got back from Langkawi Island 2 days ago. I had great moment!
i gained back 2lbs... stella artois costs me us$0.50 ..yeah duty free island.. lol!!
Old 02-09-2010, 05:16 AM   #57
Princess Proofreader

Hi love - welcome back!

Carolyn - hmmmmm sounds good except for the cheese part.
That's so hard with Mexican - cheese everywhere!

No school today! We got about a foot of snow last night.
I want to be where Sandy is! *pout*
Old 02-09-2010, 06:02 AM   #58

Hi guys and welcome back, Love.. 2 pounds is nothing to gain on vacation..I'm sure it will disappear quickly..

We dodged the bullet on the snow as we are "south" of you, MKay..I'm sure ds is happy..No spinning today, right?? Yes, cheese is everywhere..Do you ever take that enzyme that helps with the digestion of cheese???

It might be slightly icy out there..Don't know yet..I'll call dh after he gets to work..he is my street weatherman..

Old KU beat TX at TX..Dd went to KU, so I like them, but ds is at KSU, so I'm liking them more. Ds "gets" the lowcarb way of living and knows it helps him lose. So, I'm happy about that.

Keep warm and safe..Didn't know what KC looks like..I think Sandy has another Mexican week..Maybe it will be spring when she gets back.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:08 AM   #59
Princess Proofreader

No spinning today!
I'm glad I didn't sign up for the class!

I have taken the pills, though sometimes they work better than others and I hate to worry at a restaurant!
Old 02-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

pic of me.. lol
i really enjoyed the vacation