Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 06:15 AM   #241
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Going to Austin today to take a set of bedroom furniture down to son and DDIL. Will be just a quick trip down and back, we borrowed the trailer and have to return it tomorrow, but, DS and DDIL both have to work so we will have dinner with them tonight and visit a little. Supposed to at least be rainy and cold here tomorrow, with a slight chance of snow, so need to get back anyway.
Have fun lunching and shopping with your friend MK. That always makes for a good day out.
Carolyn, hope you aren't coming down with something. I made chicken and noodle soup yesterday, I just felt like I wanted that last night. Hope it warded off any colds flying around.
Well, I had better hurry around, DH wants to leave early so we avoid both the Dallas traffic and the Austin traffic.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #242
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
My heart can't take close basketball games.. Go Wildcats..76-74..They won. I called dh and he is in MA.

I was starving when I was shopping at Wallie's..so I got some chicken wings (cooked) and ate about 8 sections in the car while listening to my taped book..LOL..Has anyone done this??? Please say yes. Needless to say, that was dinner and I was stuffed...This happened at 3:30 in the afternoon..LOL.
Oh, yes, and I think it was at Walmart also! They have a lot of low carb, albeit processed, selections in their deli.

Made a p-nut butter cheesecake for work today. It has an Oreo crust, 2 cups of p-nut butter in the filling and a chocolate ganash on top. It's easy to stay out of as you can't bring a partially eaten cheesecake!!

On a hummus kick right now as Costco has individual hummus. I bake sliced Toufayan pitas in the oven. Yummo!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DebbiAnn
Stats: 200/195/150
WOE: Modified Atkins/CAD
Start Date: April 2009
Hi I am new to this thread, and this WOE sounds a lot like "Protein Power" I tried it for a while, my big problem is keeping track, even on ******. I am retired and my hubby and I eat out a lot. I usually stick to low carb meals. Burger no but side salad real ranch dressing. I haven't been losing any weight lately, and when my body gets to a certain weight it likes, it stops. Getting it moving again at least downward can be very depressing. I am going to give this a try. I am going for 1500 cal a day. I'll let ****** do the math. It may take a while to see where I need to make adjustments to get the ratio right. I have a habit of grabbing a piece of cheese when looking for a snack. I really miss carrots and potatoes.

Also, what about Artificial Sugar, Sweet n Low, Equal, Splenda, most other low carb diets suggest you limit them. I like my diet coke for lunch. I also put splenda in my tea. Nothing was mentioned about water. I try to drink 64 oz a day, but it gets hard at times. I am going to look for the book. I have protein power.

Thanks for this tread, I needed something to encourage me, I have been bouncing around trying different things hoping to get me moving again.
DebbiAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #244
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003

Lovely day out!

Applebees for lunch - great salads!
We even exercised together this morning - so I'm feeling virtuous!

DebbiAnn! Sometimes you just need to shake things up!

Cindy - I LOVE hummus!!

Buffy - be careful in the snow! It just started up here again!

Carolyn -
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #245
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi everyone..

Welcome, DebbiAnn..Calories are an individual thing, I think, so you might have to go a bit lower because if you are retirement age, it gets very hard to lose weight on 1500 calories unless you are very tall and strong..(unlike me).

I love hummus, too and bought some organic type at my healthfoodstore..It is Pita something brand. I forgot to buy celery, so I put it on my lettuce on my salad..

I'm on all my natural meds to help me fight off this cold..I think it's better and if I get some rest, it will be kicked to the curb.

Yes, we are predicted to have lots of snow, but who knows???

Hugs all around.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:38 PM   #246

Okay, girls..I think I"m a kitty konnector. I think it's a go for Shelley's ragdoll to be adopted by Sharon, who lost her ragdoll. Shelley is moving to AZ, they found out tonight and kitty needs to be adopted. Shelley's kitty will be babysat by Sharon next week for a trial run.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:28 AM   #247
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiAnn View Post
Hi I am new to this thread, and this WOE sounds a lot like "Protein Power" I tried it for a while, my big problem is keeping track, even on ******. I am retired and my hubby and I eat out a lot. I usually stick to low carb meals. Burger no but side salad real ranch dressing. I haven't been losing any weight lately, and when my body gets to a certain weight it likes, it stops. Getting it moving again at least downward can be very depressing. I am going to give this a try. I am going for 1500 cal a day. I'll let ****** do the math. It may take a while to see where I need to make adjustments to get the ratio right. I have a habit of grabbing a piece of cheese when looking for a snack. I really miss carrots and potatoes.

Also, what about Artificial Sugar, Sweet n Low, Equal, Splenda, most other low carb diets suggest you limit them. I like my diet coke for lunch. I also put splenda in my tea. Nothing was mentioned about water. I try to drink 64 oz a day, but it gets hard at times. I am going to look for the book. I have protein power.

Thanks for this tread, I needed something to encourage me, I have been bouncing around trying different things hoping to get me moving again.
I thought PP was high protein and lower fat. Maybe I'm wrong. I love Splenda and Truvia. It doesn't sound like you use a lot but I'm not a purist either. If it doesn't stall you, go for it.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:06 AM   #248
Princess Proofreader

Old 01-28-2010, 05:30 AM   #249

I think I remember PP being adequate protein...but not overindulging it...I think you figure it out and spread it out during the day..

We are awaiting the big giant storm...better get some kitty litter this morning as the snow is supposed to start at 3.. Who knows???

Cindy: What was your favorite food in Egypt????

I haven't weighed myself in a few days..I am on the compounded synthetic thyroid meds for a while until the natural stuff comes in, so I'm not too impressed with them..
Who knows?

Keep safe for those who might have "weather" today.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #250
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning.
Welcome Debbi. I think it helps to explore tweaks in LC eating.
We made it to Austin and back, had a very nice day. DH and I started out by having breakfast out, then on to the storage facility to pick up the furniture. The drive to Austin takes about 3 1/2 hours, so we got there before DS and DDIL got home from work. Went by the house and met our newest grandkitty, Levi, who was out in the yard, watching the world go by. He came right to us, I told the kids later they must teach him about stranger danger :-). When DS got home from work, we got busy and got the furniture unloaded and set up in their guest room, they have a small house with small rooms and it completely filled up the room. DDIL does not like clutter, so not sure how she will like the room being sooo full, but she was very happy with the free furnishings and has a nice room now for guests. We then went to Saltgrass for dinner, had a great visit catching up on their lives and jobs and DH and I split a steak salad. Then headed back home, got home about 1:00 AM.
Rainy here, it seems much too warm for any snow flurries, I will have to look at the forecast to see if that is still a possibility.
Dear friend mentioned doing a little shopping today, so will see if she still has that in mind.
Yumm Cindy, I love good hummus.
Carolyn, you are doing a great job hooking up kitties, you could start carrying them in your welcome wagon basket???
BBL
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #251

LOL..Yes, I'll tell Dianne that we need to carry kitties in our WW basket... Many times kitties we are visiting end up in our basket..So, the basket has lots of kitty smells..

Everyone here is waiting for the big snow to fall....Stores were crowded, etc.Like we would all starve to death if we had to go without for a few days.

Buffy: WOWO...I'm sure you are beat..At least you didn't have to cook..eating out is very much fun and I love Steak Salad.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:39 PM   #252
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I think I remember PP being adequate protein...but not overindulging it...I think you figure it out and spread it out during the day..

We are awaiting the big giant storm...better get some kitty litter this morning as the snow is supposed to start at 3.. Who knows???

Cindy: What was your favorite food in Egypt????

I haven't weighed myself in a few days..I am on the compounded synthetic thyroid meds for a while until the natural stuff comes in, so I'm not too impressed with them..
Who knows?

Keep safe for those who might have "weather" today.
You'll laugh Carolyn, but I had a few favs. There is a strong Mediterranean influence in Cairo so most meals were served with flat bread and hummus. They also do a great babaganush (sp?) which is a roasted eggplant dip, similar in consistency to hummus. We also had falafel which is a vegetarian patty made of chickpeas, lentils and spices and is deep fried and served on flat bread. Lord know I'm not vegetarian but these items were my favorites. They heavily spice everything s everything was great. I also tried pigeon which really just has a bite of meat on each side of the breast and that's it. You would need to eat 10!!

Making leg of lamb tomorrow with a ton of garlic. I have the LC pitas from Netrition and will make tzatziki out of Greek yogurt. Remember, I'm the only one who eats lamb so I cut a boneless leg from Costco in half and eat it for about 3 days!

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 01-28-2010 at 12:40 PM..
Old 01-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #253

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I'm counting down the hours now girls!! I'm doing my weigh in in the morning for the month. And I'm pretty sure it's not going to be pretty. Ugh!!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #254
Big Yapper!!!!

January is not pretty for me on the scale either. :-(
Old 01-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #255

Hey, Sandy..What's the KC weather look like for tomorrow, I wonder..Dh is flying into
KC mid-day..I hope he can find Independence.. You will have a great time and don't worry about the food..That's the best part of vacation, my friend.

Well, girls maybe February will be better..Now, we have to think of inspiring name to get us going.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:07 PM   #256

Watching the weather...Nothing has happened here yet..But at midnight there might be some snow starting.

Dallas looked bad for Buffy..Stay safe, Buffy..No shopping!

Ds called..He might drop a class and pick up golf/boxing instead. He signed up for a 700 level class, which needs more electrical stuff than he has taken. It is not necessary for graduation, he doesn't think..Check, I said.. I said just make sure you have 12 hours for insurance purposes, my boy. Big game this Saturday with rival KU..
Old 01-29-2010, 05:26 AM   #257
Princess Proofreader

Cindy - when I go to a Mediterranean restaurant those are my favorites too!

January has been horrible for me - I've gained all month!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:00 AM   #258

I love all those dishes you mentioned.. I like to go to the Greek restaurant in Lawrence..very nommie. I'm not a fan of lamb, but my dd loves it.

Sandy: Don't worry about pretty, girl.. You are more than pretty and we wish you a great vacation.

OK is sure a mess..We only got about 2 inches, but it's snowing now. I should go exercise, but I think I'll stay home and do some Wii..

Any Feb names?????? MKay????
Old 01-29-2010, 07:03 AM   #259

Just a skiff of snow here in KC this a.m. and they're not expecting much more. Thank goodness. But it's still cold!!

Weigh in results: 148!!! I'm quite happy with that. I was 151 on the first so at least I showed a loss. February will be tough considering I'll be gone for 1/2 of it. But hopefully I'll walk a lot and maybe that'll help.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:08 AM   #260

Sandy: That is terrific, terrific..Yes, walking on the beach, in the water, is great during vacation. You can hold that Margarita and stroll the beaches, pretending to look for shells..The only time I stayed the same on a vacation was when we went to Canada and Quebec City and walked up the hills and down the hills for hours every day.

Waiting for dh to call me to tell me he's on a plane heading here..They hoped to get an earlier flight this morning, but who knows??
Old 01-29-2010, 07:11 AM   #261

I hope he gets home on time and safe. Did you get much snow yet? My sister got hit I guess in Broken Arrow. They were coming up to visit Dad this weekend but have canceled now.

I just hope our plane takes off on time in the a.m. And then I start hoping the next 2 Saturdays have good weather for our flights home. DD and her DH fly home next Sat. and then we do the following Sat. So I'm praying for good weather for the next 3 Saturdays.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:35 AM   #262

For all you cat lovers, here's a new plan to try for February.

I'm not sure who wrote it but it is a funny piece so I thought I would share it with all of you. Enjoy!

The Cat Diet
Most diets fail because we are still thinking and eating like people. Most of us have never had any success dieting. Now there is the new Miracle Cat Diet! Except for cats that eat like people... such as getting lots of table scraps, most cats are long and lean (or tiny and petite). The Cat Miracle Diet will help you achieve the same lean, svelte figure. Just follow this diet for one week and you'll find that you not only look and feel better, but you will have a whole new outlook on what constitutes food. Good Luck!

Day One
Breakfast: Open can of expensive gourmet cat food. Any flavor as long as it cost more the .75 per can -- and place 1/4 cup on your plate. Eat 1 bite of food; look around room disdainfully. Knock the rest on the floor. Stare at the wall for awhile before stalking off into the other room.

Lunch: Four blades of grass and one lizard tail. Throw it back up on the cleanest carpet in your house.

Dinner: Catch a moth and play with it until it is almost dead. Eat one wing. Leave the rest to die.

Bedtime snack: Steal one green bean from your spouse's or partner's plate. Bat it around the floor until it goes under the refrigerator. Steal one small piece of chicken and eat half of it. Leave the other half on the sofa. Throw out the remaining gourmet cat food from the can you opened this morning.

Day Two
Breakfast: Picking up the remaining chicken bite from the sofa. Knock it onto the carpet and bat it under the television set. Chew on the corner of the newspaper as your spouse/partner tries to read it.

Lunch: Break into the fresh French bread that you bought as your part of the dinner party on Saturday. Lick the top of it all over. Take one bite out of the middle of the loaf.

Afternoon snack: Catch a large beetle and bring it into the house. Play toss and catch with it until it is mushy and half dead. Allow it to escape under the bed.

Dinner: Open a fresh can of dark-colored gourmet cat food - tuna or beef works well. Eat it voraciously. Walk from your kitchen to the edge of the living room rug. Promptly throw up on the rug. Step into it as you leave. Track footprints across the entire room.

Day Three
Breakfast: Drink part of the milk from your spouse's or partner's cereal bowl when no one is looking. Splatter part of it on the closest polished aluminum appliance you can find.

Lunch: Catch a small bird and bring it into the house. Play with on top of your down filled comforter. Make sure the bird is seriously injured but not dead before you abandon it for someone else to have to deal with.

Dinner: Beg and cry until you are given some ice cream or milk in a bowl of your own. Take three licks/laps and then turn the bowl over on the floor.

Final Day
Breakfast: Eat 6 bugs, any type, being sure to leave a collection of legs, wings, antennae on the bathroom floor. Drink lots of water. Throw the bugs and all of the water up on your spouse's or partner's pillow.

Lunch: Remove the chicken skin from last night's chicken-to-go leftovers your spouse or partner placed in the trash can. Drag the skin across the floor several times. Chew it in a corner and then abandon.
Dinner: Open another can of expensive gourmet cat food. Select a flavor that is especially runny, like Chicken and Giblets in Gravy. Lick off all the gravy and leave the actual meat to dry and get hard.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 01-29-2010, 07:35 AM   #263

Hi..

The kids in town are disappointed..Many thought this was the blizzard of the century and we only got about 2 inches.

Is this a direct flight? or are you landing in TX? I'm sure it will be fine..Yes, OK is in a state of emergency right now...more sleet falling.

I loved the cat diet.. Alex has done all of those things to a degree..especially the part about licking the juice from the shredded cat food. However, he is slightly portly because he can't figure out the treadmill..LOL

Last edited by CarolynF; 01-29-2010 at 07:38 AM..
Old 01-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #264
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning
Sandy, great weight in girl and have fun, fun, fun on your vacation, and it is so nice your DD & DH are joining you for the first week!
Loved the cat diet and one that I know my cats follow, at least from what I find around the house. Although our cats all eat cat food in our famililes, several of them are quite chubby and 2 are morbidly obese. One belongs to my son and one to my daughter and they both are indoor/outdoor kitties.
We ended up getting lightning and thunder but just rain. Think it all went north of us. It is still rainy here, and cold.
Going to stay in all day today, which is fine with me. Need to get stuff done in the office and the house is messy, will work on that as well.
February name, hmmm, how about Be mine, chubby valentine? LOL
Got my lab results back. A1C and thyroid fine but liver enzymes continue to climb a little higher, they want me to follow up with my primary care Dr. Vit D low even though I have been taking 2000 units of D3 daily, said to increase it to 4000.
Hope DH gets home safely Carolyn.
Hi Cindy and MK and Love, hope you are staying warm and cozy.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #265

Be Mine Chubby Valentine???? LOL..I think we should take a more positive spin on this..

Good for you on your bloodwork..I'm sure the liver stuff will subside soon. Gary is on his way home from KC..they left Boston at 6, so I'm sure he is tired..Going to make some canned corn beef and cabbage on the Recipe Bulletin board.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:51 AM   #266
Big Yapper!!!!

And here is a image for our "Be my chubby Valentine"

I asked my daughter if she was sure she was producing milk or maybe it was pure cream, LOL.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #267
Big Yapper!!!!

I think we will have to address the liver stuff, it keeps going up on each lab test, so something is going on, probably from all the drugs I have to take anymore. Arrgghhh, the bother of it all!~
Old 01-29-2010, 11:07 AM   #268

What a doll baby she is.. Yes, I hear drugs can cause liver problems..You can't win, can you??
Old 01-29-2010, 05:29 PM   #269

What a cute baby!!

I'm just popping back in to say Adios mis amigas. Hasta luego. Unless I accidentally on purpose miss the plane. Then I'll see you all in late spring, lol. I wish! Anyway, you all be good. If I get a chance to check in I will but if not, I'll try to catch up when I get back.
Old 01-30-2010, 06:00 AM   #270

Have a wonderful trip, Sandy...I'm sure you are gone, but you can find us in our Valentine thread..

Akkk..too much salt..I had that canned corned beef and cabbage thing last night..Gary put alot of mustard on it..Maybe I won't make it again..LOL..I maybe can serve the rest of the can with eggs for breakie tomorrow..

Buffy: I love that baby..Do you have a close up of her little face???

Big Game Day for ds...The sports guys are going to be at KSU this morning announcing the games for the day while the KSU students go crazy in the background. Then tonight is the big rivalry..KU/KSU..KU is really good..crossing fingers and toes..

Cindy: Are you still losing weight on your new meds? I'm awaiting the order...