Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovexoxohug
i'll be glad if i can lose 7lbs ....... lolllllllllllll
these legs are full with celluls.. huh..

um.. so should i stick to 1200 cal ?
lovexoxohug is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #152
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi everyone,

KC kids are on their way..I did my Wallie shopping for WW muffins, SF jello, etc..They also drink the 50 percent orange juice from time to time. I don't know if I would drink it, but it would be good to use in cooking and making orange things..

Love: Honestly, I would do all protein days with lots of water if you can..It will be hard to lose alot, but you might be able to lose 7 lbs....Give up any bad carbs except for really green leafy things, too.

Have a fun Mom birthday, MaryKay..how old is she???

Sherlock left our town.. I would love to see Alvin and Chipmunks, but I'm not sure I can sell Gary on that one.

Hugs to all our Barry girls..Sandy, Grandma Buffy, and travelling Cindy and others I might have forgotten..(duh)..

KU plays at noon..KState plays CO at 3..have to listen to the radio, though.

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:54 AM   #153
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
I'M HOME! I had so much fun and it was wonderful but I am also very glad to be home. Between being at the hospital and staying at the house with them, I have basically been gone for over a week and I was ready to get back to my house. But, they have a lovely home and I certainly feel at home and am made to feel totally welcome there, so it was a fun, loving time with DD, DSIL, DGS and new baby Ava. Oh my, I have been around a lot of babies and she is soooo good, such an easy contented baby. Took right to breastfeeding, not once has she spit up, she sleeps really well, except for wanting to have some awake time in the middle of the night, which they are working on getting switched to middle of day . DGS has adjusted extremely well for only being 19 months, DD and DSIL have done a great job on that. So, it was time to Mema to come home, if they need me anymore, they will call.

Now, what all do I have to do here??? Whatever it is, most of it will wait until Monday, I am taking the rest of today and tomorrow to take it easy and rest up. A friend mentioned that she mind want to take in a movie later today so I told her to call and I would see if I was up to that.

MK, to your DM.

Carolyn, enjoy your company, are they going home Sun. night or Monday?

Love, like Carolyn says, go as low carb as possible and see if you can drop some lbs, and you always feel so much thinner then the carb intake is very low.

Cindy, hope you are feeling better dear. So far this winter I have been very lucky to avoid any of the bugs going around. DH had a 48 hour stomach one but I even dodged that one.

to all.
Old 01-16-2010, 04:30 PM   #154

Hi gang,

You are the queen of the grandmas, Buffy..Your new dgd must take after you..

Kids made it fine and are out to dinner with their friend, Tony. They stopped by at Shawn's parents to check on David (ministroke) and he is getting better, so that is good.

Beth is going to my thyroid doctor on Monday.. She can't get anything but Synthroid at her KCity doctor and I would like to get her on natural thyroid medication..So, wish us luck.

Gary and I are going to rent a movie..

Good day for the Kansas Teams today..
Old 01-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #155
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Mom's party went better than I thought. She was having a good day and she seemed to appreciate it!

Carolyn - she's 80!

Buffy - Yay! I'm glad you're back and had a great time!

Great Mass tonight - a baby girl was baptized. It was so wonderful!

See you all tomorrow!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:33 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

thankie you all~
Old 01-17-2010, 05:11 AM   #157
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

What's up today?
Old 01-17-2010, 05:47 AM   #158

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Morning!

What's up today?
My weight. I've had no appetite all week and I'm up 1.5. Ugh!! I'll really need to be diligent to get a few pounds off before vacation.

We went to see Book of Eli. Oh my, what a wonderful movie!!!!! Everybody, if you're thinking of seeing this movie, GO!!! Before you hear a lot about it, just go.

To your dear mother, MK. My dad will be 80 in July.

Carolyn, I missed the KU game again. I went carpet shopping with my DD. I think we found what she wants. Now I want some.

Love, good luck on the weight loss. Stay diligent.

Buffy, I'm so happy you were able to enjoy the baby and your stay at DD's. But yes, it sure is nice to be back home.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:02 AM   #159

Hi kids..

DH and I went to get some movies...One really corny one with Christian Slater..Lies or something like that..Then we got UP, which we will watch with our kids..Then we watched
The Eye of the Needle on tv..It was great and it's the PBS station..I made some popcorn, but was still at 151..????

MK: Glad Mom's birthday went well..They love attention at that age..

Oh..The Book of Eli is here..I will get dh to go Thanks for the update.. What do you want Sandy???? LOL I need new carpet in my whole house..When we sold our Des Moines home, we had the whole thing recarpeted..before we sold it..Now, I would like to enjoy some new carpeting for a few years at least.

Good luck, Love on your plan.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:12 AM   #160
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning peeps!
Oh, new carpet, sounds wonderful. Mine really just needs cleaned and I keep putting it off for some reason, always thinking, well, will wait until "that" is over. Need to just schedule it.
Thanks for the thumbs up on book of Eli, will definitely go. DF didn't call until late yesterday so we didn't go and I doubt she gets around to going today, she still needs to take Christmas down at her house, so, I might go to one by myself, which I don't mind at all. DD and DSIL went to that one Fri. night at 10:00 while I was there to stay with DGS and the baby, but poor DD slept through it of course, but, at least she was with DH who wanted her by his side.
I just watched tv last night, watched about an hour of QVC and of course wanted to buy every amazing beauty product that was on, but I resisted, man, they are GOOD at making you want that stuff, LOL. About had me hypnotized into buying this exfoliating wash in a huge bottle but I had enough sense to get online and read the reveiws and there were mixed reviews. LOL, they are good at their jobs. And, of course, they look like movie stars from using all those products themselves, haha. My rule is to NOT buy off tv ads but I like to watch QVC for some reason.
I hope I live to have an 80th birthday party. Glad Mom was having a good day MK and Sandy, congrats on your dad's upcoming birthday.
Carolyn, let us know what the doctor prescribes for Beth, will he/she go by the bloodwork she just had done? Sooo tricky with thyroid. I wish my DS would get his checked out since all 3 of my DD's and I are hypo. He also keeps having hypoglycemic spells that he needs to get checked out. Like most men, seldom will go to the doctor even though finally after years of no insurance, he has good insurance now. Will have to nudge DDIL to get him to go.
Love, are you being strong and keeping the carbs real low? I need to get in gear and do that and get back to walking, even though my weight stays about the same, I don't feel as good of course as when I do that.
My kitties all welcomed me home, all 4 took turns sitting on my lap while I was watching tv and the little girl cat who thinks I am her mommy, massaged my arm well when I went to bed. She likes to lay by my arm and knead away, mmm, does she think she is nursing? We don't know but it is pretty funny to watch, LOL. I have to keep her claws trimmed really well :-)
Well, off to read the Sunday paper and enjoy another cuppa.
Have a great day everyone.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #161
Princess Proofreader

I ran a couple of errands, went to the gym, have laundry going and then ate nuts and a cupcake.
Why?
Because I wanted it.

Hmmmmm
Is this why I'm not losing weight?!
Old 01-18-2010, 04:39 AM   #162
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10

Love the new siggy, MK!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:15 AM   #163

Hi..

Up and drinking coffee..

Well, according to Pam, I will have to order ERFA from Canada instead of getting Westhroid. Beth is going to day and I will have the dr. write a script for me and for her. Beth is a little befuddled with all the Armour/Westhroid shortage, but she is all for all natural and that is good..

Omygoodness..I'm sure you all have watched UP.. What a great movie!!! for all ages..dh even enjoyed it.

Cindy: So glad you are back, friend..I'm sure you have stories to tell and you were gone when the terrible tragedy happened in Haiti..I'm sure the Egyptians were as upset as everyone..

QVC is a dangerous channel to watch..unless you have self control..I have bought lots of makeup on there, which I don't use anymore..and some eye cream in hopes to get rid of bags..

Mexican for lunch..I was up a pound..

Dr. appointment is this afternoon..Cya later..Beth is going to exercise with me and going to use the infrared sauna at my faux curves..
Old 01-18-2010, 06:04 AM   #164
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Carolyn, I have been getting my Armour from Thialand and have been using it for about 1 month after switching from NT due to supply difficulties. I would think that maybe it is the same as ERFA. I was on 3 grains of NT so I did the same for the Armour. OMG!! It is much stronger than NT even though it says 1 grain per tab. I have an Armour script from my doc but filled it with the Thialand Armour because the buzz on the web was it was just like the old Armour but I believe it may be the same as ERFA. I have not done labs but at about the 1 month mark (of course I was in Cairo!) I started to feel a little funny. I was eating what I guestimate 4000 calories a day with a large proportion being carbs and when I went to put on my jeans, they were looser. I didn't make the connection until the plane ride to Paris. I had my head against the window trying to catch a nap when it became evident that my HR was up significantly and so was my respiratory rate. Then it hit me. I was hyperthyroid! I would have loved to draw labs then but Air France didn't have a blood draw kit!! haha. I stopped my meds for 2 days, then restarted on a half dose. I work tomorrow and will recheck BP and HR. I don't know if ERFA is as strong as what I'm using. This is just an FYI. I weighed myself this morning and I am the same as when I left yet I ate as much as my 2 traveling companions combined! Sounds good but you can't stay like this as it is dangerous. And you don't feel great when your HR is 120!

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:27 AM   #165
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

I kept waking up and going back to sleep this morning!
No school, so no big reason to get going!

I have a few errands and a PEO meeting to lead at 12:30.
Besides that, DS20 leaves today! Classes start tomorrow. I'm going to really miss him.

Welcome back Cindy!! Pictures?!

Carolyn - I loved UP. Fun movie!
Old 01-18-2010, 06:55 AM   #166
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Welcome home Cindy. Oh, scary on the hyperthyroid, although the eating for 2 and jeans getting looser sounds very appealing :-)
I haven't seen Up, but will look for it on PPV.
Today I have to get back to normal routine, rested up and goofed off the past 2 days after being at DD's house.
My car has to go in for a few repairs on Tues. night, DGS 10 is coming after school on Wed. and I want to try to see the triplets this week, told them that I would take them to a movie after the holidays so it is time to do that.
And, DD#2 said DH was going out of town later this week so if I would like to come back down for a couple of days to help her, since she still can't lift DGS 19 months, please do so. See, the week is already packed.
So, today, laundry needs to be done and my desk cleared. Not too much business to attend to this time of year but there are always bills to be paid, papers to be filed, etc., etc.
Have some bananas that are getting to ripe that need to be transformed into something edible, thinking either banana bread or banana pie, DH loves both.
Have a great day all....
Old 01-18-2010, 08:30 AM   #167

Cindy, so glad to see you back. I'm still skeered of all the foreign medicines "out there". Maybe I'll look in Mexico and see if they have any Armour. I'm now getting my thyroid compounded at Stark's and it seems to be working fine. And my insurance is paying for it so far. I live in fear that'll change any day.

Carolyn, I too have a problem understanding the whole "shortage" thing so tell Beth she's not alone. I think it's all construed to get people to stop taking it myself.

I'm up today too. I'm not being very successful lately at getting these few extra pounds off and with vacation less than 2 weeks away, that's not good.

Buffy, your week has me worn out already, lol.

MK, I bet it's hard saying goodbye to the kids after they're all home for the holidays. Will they all be back for the summer?
Old 01-18-2010, 10:03 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

im eating 10 mini meals a day... 5net carbs 1000 calories.... i can see my shoulder bones now ~ LOL!!!

i notice...i cant eat big meals. i'll ended up craving everything..

i'll have 4-5 bites of burger(soaked in butter) , and eat again after 3-4 hours

and ....IM NOT HUNGRY!!!

i ate Deep fried.. EGGED-CAULIFlOWER (new word for breading).. before exercise...

i thought it will take me 2 weeks.. but i've lost 2 inches since YESTERDAY.. and yay..

what a plan..

i did the 10 minute solution carb burner (die, carb, die)

lol..
Old 01-18-2010, 10:06 AM   #169
Senior LCF Member

i think 1000 calories are to low.. im drinking off milk (1 T full cream milk +)
Old 01-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #170

Okay..I totally hear you Cindy..The doctor was going to go home early, so we got in there this morning and the kids just left. She is having some T4/T3 compounded for Beth..She has had good results with this and since Westhroid isn't available, I'm doing the compounded for a month or so until it is available.. OMGoodness on the hyperthyroid which can be a problem if the T3 is too high. I think that you are doing the right thing by cutting back..Sometimes they go up by 1/2 a grain and the real Armour might be stronger than the other stuff. So, cut back and then you might
get up to 2 grains..Keep us posted..Yeah for the weight..I think T3 doesn't stay in your system more than 5 hours..

Sandy: I can't remember if BC/BS paid for my compounded stuff, but our prescriptions are being mailed to us and she can send in the paper and see if they will pay.

MaryKay: Yup..saying goodbye is always sad for all our kids..

Love: Glad you are doing so well..Now, calories are all individual, you know..Mini-meals are great, if you can do them.. Keeps your metabolism up there, I think.

Buffy: Your dh deserves some nanner bread.. What a good grandpa he is.

Well,off to my faux Curves..I have lots of leftover meat, so I'm all set for several protein days..

KState plays TX tonight.. I'm lighting candles all over the house..LOL
Old 01-18-2010, 02:23 PM   #171
Princess Proofreader

My meeting went well!

I need to change sheets on both boys beds - DS20 left for college today and I can finally get in his room!
DS17 had muddy dog prints all over his.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post

MK, I bet it's hard saying goodbye to the kids after they're all home for the holidays. Will they all be back for the summer?
I'm not sure - DD26 lives on her own now, DD23 will hopefully have a job somewhere fun, DS20 should be back - though this may be his last summer, luckily I still have DS17. Maybe I should have had more kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

KState plays TX tonight.. I'm lighting candles all over the house..LOL
Whatever works!

Love - 1000 calories might be too low. Mini meals are a great idea.

Buffy - banana bread sounds yummy right now!!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 01-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #172

It's never too late. Get started now!!

Or hold on a few years and you'll have those wonderful little creatures known as grandkids and they are much more fun. Promise!!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #173
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
It's never too late. Get started now!!

Or hold on a few years and you'll have those wonderful little creatures known as grandkids and they are much more fun. Promise!!
Oh no - unless there's a star in the East - it's too late!

I thought by having my kids over a span of 9 years, by the time the last one was out I'd have grandkids. The kids, however, haven't stuck with the plan . . . .
Old 01-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #174

Hi ladies..

Well, KState got a big win over TX..The students were in line at 4:30 a.m for entry to the 8 o'clock game. I wonder if Brett stayed in line all day..That's not his style, but he might have done it.

Glad to have Cindy back and I'm sure she is glad to be back with all her danimals and dbf..

Off to exercise..catch ya later, gators.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:33 AM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning friends.
I stayed up late to bid on an item on ebay, then slept in this morning, so, late start to this day.
A dfriend just emailed me that she dreamed last night that I hatched a baby chick under my desklamp, does that mean I need to start eating more eggs and will raise my own?
MK, along with my 4 kids and my 2 steps, I am up to 10 grandchildren now, so it multiplies quickly. At first, they all lived away from me but not I have 6 nearby.
DGS 10 called yesterday, he was home from school and asked if he could ride his bike over for a visit, I said sure or course and we had a nice visit about his upcoming baseball season and he had his favorite snack at Mema's.
Have to take my car in to the shop later today for some hopefully minor repairs, so want to run a few errands before hand.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #176
Senior LCF Member

hey all. thanks for the feedback!

oh.. i've lost 5lbs. lol .. 4 days.. eating 5-10 mini meals.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovexoxohug View Post

oh.. i've lost 5lbs. lol .. 4 days.. eating 5-10 mini meals.
Love: Hey, so glad you found what works for you..I'm thinking I should be on the mini-meal plan for a mini-me..

Buffy: I think it means that you will have a dozen grandchildren.. That was a funky dream, though..

Brett got in line at 4 pm for an 8pm game..It's almost as bad as the KU kids who camp out..
Old 01-19-2010, 01:38 PM   #178
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovexoxohug View Post

oh.. I've lost 5lbs. LOL .. 4 days.. eating 5-10 mini meals.

Congrats!!

Took my Mom to a carotid artery ultrasound today. It wasn't too bad. We went to Lone Star to eat after - DH had a good time, I had to treat my mom like a 2 year old and didn't enjoy it at all.
THAT'S not happening again!

Buffy - That's so great that you can be close to your grandkids!!

Carolyn - congrats to KState!! Is that where Brett goes? My niece is going there in the fall.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:03 PM   #179

Hi..

Your niece will love KState..Honestly, they are so friendly and down to earth and have a very active youth ministry group..What's her major?? God bless you on taking your mom to the test and your mom at a restaurant. I took my Alzheimer mom to Wendy's and she was bad at waiting for her meal and wanted to leave..So, I totally get it.

I think I will make zucchini noodles with leftover chicken and make some alfredo sauce and see what happens..I don't have real Parmesan, but the canned stuff.. Oh well, I'm not going to the store now.

The Biggest Loser tonight.. Dh calls it The Fat People Show..
Old 01-19-2010, 04:39 PM   #180

I've been freezing all day and can't seem to get warm. I think I need sunshine. I did a bit of housework and then got a massage. The massage finally warmed me up but now I'm getting cold again.

MK, I feel your pain, hon. I'm adding special prayers for you to my list.