Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Here's Cindy's letter:

Hi All, we went into old Cairo and visited a mosque, a Jewish temple and a Coptic temple. We took the Cairo subway which worked out well but we got a tiny lost coming home. No worries as there are police everywhere and most know some English. Walked alomg the Nile, took a bunch of pictures at the museum. The people are very hospitable and the children like to run up and try out their english with you. We head out at 4:30 in the morning to meet up with the rest of the group then on to Mali for a week. The internet will be skechy after today so you won't hear any more updates but this has been a fabulous trip. I would like to come back. Love to all Cindy
Hotmail:

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #92

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Well keep us posted as to what Pam says.

I don't think it's always the parents underdressing the kids. My oldest grandkids wouldn't wear a coat to school no matter what. Even when they used to have to stand at the bus stop! And I see tons of kids around here w/o coats all the time. I just don't get it but I do know I badgered those kids constantly to wear a coat, but to no avail.

I do think it's too cold for kids to stand outside and wait for a bus though that may be late due to engine trouble or slipping off the road. Kids could get too cold or frostbitten very quickly.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:06 PM   #93

You are right, Sandy..Kids will run out without coats sometimes and wonder why they are cold..duh???
Old 01-09-2010, 03:45 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovexoxohug
hi all

please take a look at my menu
and not just look.. LOL!! please comment

It looks like im overdosing vitamins!!

Calories 1,479Calories from Fat 923
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102.6g158%
Saturated Fat 24.1g120%
Trans Fat 0.2g
Cholesterol 363mg121%
Sodium 1464mg61%
Total Carbohydrates 60.4g20%
Dietary Fiber 22.5g90%
Sugars 14.4g
Protein 93.3g
Vitamin A 567% • Vitamin C 301%
Calcium 68% • Iron 108%

Stir Fry Green Beans w Shrimp
1 cup green beans
1 tbsp oil
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp white pepper
3 oz shrimp

Green with Roasted Chicken
1 cup escarole
1 cup butterhead lettuce
1 cup endive
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp black pepper
1 oz cheese
3 oz beef, roasted

Drink.. 1
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp single cream

Drink 2
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp single cream

Stir Fry Chicken with veggies
3oz chicken
1/4 cup asparagus
1 cup broccoli
1 cup cauliflower
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp garlic
1/2 tbsp oyster sauce

Some Salad..
1 cup carrot
1 cup spinach
1 tbsp oil
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp lime juice
lovexoxohug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:18 AM   #95

Love, I think the menu looks great myself. The key is are you losing weight on this?
Everyone is different. You have lots of veggies, but there is alot of fiber involved, too.
So, if you are losing weight, then great..If not, then I might cut back on the portions a bit.

Brrr.cold today..KState is playing MO at MO today. They were 11 but they haven't played any Big 12 peeps yet..

I made some of Jennifer's cheese bread yesterday and had 4 pieces total all day with other things..I am up a pound, so I think I'll do one piece a day in the a.m. Carb count is probably around 6, so that does all add up..

Dying my hair as we speak and then dh and I are going to McD's for breakie (eggs/sausage) while they change the oil next door to McD's.. I love the place where we change the oil..Brett's car's washer didn't work..We took it in there as he needed his oil changed and they looked at it, replaced the hose and didn't charge us extra.. That wouldn't happen at the Ford place.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:34 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Carolyn : Yeah Im losing on this. It kinda intimidating cuz my im eating 500% of vitamin A. should i cut back or .. hmm. Thanks
Old 01-09-2010, 06:58 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: iluvitaly
Stats: 150.2/128.0/127 5'9"
WOE: Gabriel Method/HCG
Start Date: October 16, 2009
Can people please tell me what they are having for breakfast besides eggs??? Thank you. I have looked on the menu thread as well but I am looking for something beyond. Thanks so much!!!
iluvitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:19 AM   #98
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!

I do usually have eggs for breakfast, so I'm no help - sorry!

I'm also horrible at diagnosing others menus - so I leave that to Carolyn.
Though I do think excess Vit A will just go away - if so - no worries!

Back to Day 2 of the swim meet, but I wanted to check in!

Carolyn - Thanks for sharing Cindy's letters!

Sandy - from the other thread -
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #99

I was down to my good old standby of 148 this a.m. I even splurged and had 2 beers with my boiled, spiced shrimp last night. We had a small salad with it too. I'm trying to repeat yesterday. My weekends are always so hard! Scallops tonight for dinner with steamed asparagus w/butter, of course. And maybe my splurge will be a glass of wine.

I too think the Vit. A will just flush out if you don't need it. Are you getting it from supplements or diet? If supplements, I'd read up on how much is too much online.
Your menu sure sounds yummy!! Want to come cook for me?

I usually have either eggs or some cold meat for breakfast. Once in awhile I have a protein shake, but I'm not one for drinking my meals.

Off to the gym!! TTYL
Old 01-09-2010, 02:19 PM   #100

Scallops sound great, Sandy..Yeah for your weight..I think if you have "carbs" then you seem to avoided much fat..which I think helps. Unfortunately fat goes so well with carbs..LOL..

I think dd is planning on coming down to my dr. on MLK day if I can get an appointment. Pam was appalled at her TSH number..

Too bad the Wildcats lost to MU... But they played a great game and I think the Big 12 games will be tough for all..

I've got to take down the rest of my Christmas stuff..Bye bye baby Jesus..

Dh is in the mood for Mexican..hold the chips, please.. Should I see Sherlock????

Last edited by CarolynF; 01-09-2010 at 02:52 PM..
Old 01-09-2010, 03:46 PM   #101

Since he's your "boyfriend" go ahead. Remember, I fell asleep! But most peeps think it was ok.
I'm glad Pam chimed in. She's our resident thyroid guru.

I tuned in for the K State game at 3:15. I thought it started at 3. Sorry I missed it. It sounds like it would've been a great game to watch. Sorry about the Cats loss.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:16 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

thanks slj. lol. i love to cook. but i hate to wash the dishes.

tuscany - lol ~ tQ
Old 01-10-2010, 04:19 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvitaly View Post
Can people please tell me what they are having for breakfast besides eggs??? Thank you. I have looked on the menu thread as well but I am looking for something beyond. Thanks so much!!!

why not sauteed asparagus with some bacon bits.. and sprinkle some parmesan..

i rarely have eggs for breakfast.. sometimes it's burger/cold meat/soup.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:08 AM   #104
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

I went to see It's Complicated last night. Very cute movie!

Carolyn - sure - I enjoyed Sherlock!

DDalmost26 came home last night from VA. She'll go back to her apartment today.

Haven't heard from DD23 . . . . but I assume NYC is still there!

Day 3 of the swim meet! Off I go!
Old 01-10-2010, 07:24 AM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning peeps.
I guess I have been holding the new baby too much, now I have my days and nights mixed up, up half the night the past 2 nights, then want to sleep all morning and when I force myself to get up, I feel all tired and draggy. Oh, what I wish for regular normal sleep, night after night.
Love, you menu looks very good as far as low carb and if the vitamins are coming from food, I wouldn't worry about amounts. I am not good at the EFGT percentages like some of the gals, so won't venture there but like Carolyn says, if you are losing, then it is working right for you.
IluvItaly, to get away from eggs at breakfast a lot of people eat leftovers or just don't think in terms of breakfast, so eat meats, soups, etc.
DD and new baby doing great, DS drove up from Austin on Friday to see them and spent the night with us so it was great to see him as well.
BBL
Old 01-10-2010, 07:44 AM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

Our new little princess

Ok, here are some pictures of our new baby. Not sure why the one came out big and the others smaller, but at top the proud parents, me(proud mema), the delivery room and then at the bottom, the first is my DS, the second DD#3 and then DSIL, and of course, each starring our little princess.

Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #107

Buffy, what a lovely family and such a pretty baby. You and your daughter look so much alike!! Maybe you should switch your bath time. That's what I always did to get my babies back on the right time. Lol.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:12 AM   #108
Senior LCF Member

congratulation buffy!!!!
Old 01-10-2010, 11:50 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will most likely use the leftovers as breakfast and go from there. I appreciate all of your help. Anxiously awaiting my book from Amazon......
Old 01-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #110

We braved the cold and wind for about a 15 min. stroll at the park parking lot with our pup. We were heading out to a movie but she looked at me with her big, sad eyes and I know she's got cabin fever bad, so I told DH we really needed to try to take her. She had so much fun!! It was worth missing the movie just to watch her frolic in the snow. But talk about a softie, even the dog can guilt me into not doing what I want to do for me, lol.

I did do pretty good with my eating this weekend though. For a change. Not perfect, but better than usual which is a big improvement for me.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #111
Princess Proofreader

Buffy - thanks for sharing!! Lovely family and great pics!!!

Sandy - even the dog has you wrapped!

I'm home and tired.
Dinner is almost ready and then vegging all night!
Old 01-10-2010, 04:10 PM   #112

Hi..

Great pictures of your beautiful family..and yes, your dd looks just like you Ava is lovely and we all know she will be surrounded by love.

Well, our SS class had our belated at Christmas party at Pizza Hut..I had 2 pieces of pizza..So, I'm prepared for a weight gain in the a.m. I also made a huge pot of veggie/beef soup in the crockpot for tonight..Dh went to the farm..hope he didn't get stuck in the snow..

I think tomorrow is going to be warmer and hopefully some of this ice will be gone by Thursday..

Last foot doctor checkup tomorrow. My ankle isn't perfect, but it's so much better..Can't really jump on it yet.. LOL.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:43 AM   #113
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

It's warmer!!! 25° this morning which gives me hope for the rest of today!

We had to take the dog to the emergency vet last night. He'd been squinting all day and his eyes were really bloodshot. He did all sorts of eye tests, gave him a shot and some drops. He was nice, but I can't wait to see what my vet sees today!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:15 AM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning friends.
Heading to DD's house later today, she is coming home from the hospital. I have gotten up early the past 2 mornings in training for getting up with the 20 month old DGS so that I can get him up, fed and take care of him before the nanny comes. Will help with the cooking and new baby and take good care of Mommy. Nanny just comes in during the day so I will be backup at night and help with DGS.
Sandy, so funny the dog won out over the movie, :-)
MK, maybe your dog has allergies, my eyes have been itching like crazy and I am having to use my prescription eye drops for allergies.
Carolyn, your soup sounds good, I am going to make some kind of soup while at DD's. Might do some apples in the crockpot too and DGS wants some more of Mema's Nana pie.
IluvItaly, I see you are on the Gabriel method and HCG method for eating plans, I am not familiar with the Gabriel method, maybe you can fill us in on that. Also, is the HCG the shots and if so, how have those worked for you?
I got these new vitamins recently that I wanted to try, as they have all the things in them that I wanted, plus extra biotin for nails, and Co-Q10 and several other things I was taking separately. But, you have to take 8 capsules a day and I am having the hardest time getting them to travel clear down to my stomach without getting caught in throat and then sitting there burning away while they dissolve. I have to drink something hot with them to get them down. Darn, I really wanted them to be what I wanted.
I have had acrylic nails on for the past several years and quit getting them filled the end of October and then soaked them off in December, so now I am working on getting my own nails healthy and strong and the biotin is supposed to be so good for that.
Well, gals, not sure how much I will be on for a few days while at DD's, so you all behave while I am away. I will check in when I can.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #115
Princess Proofreader

The puppy has anterior uveitis, which is an inflammation of the uvea.
The drops the vet gave last night were correct - not the ones my vet would have used, but they'll work.

Amazing how after an hour of tests the vet last night still wasn't sure.
My vet knew in 5 minutes!

Buffy - Biotin is good for your hair too! It makes it thicker.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:25 AM   #116

Hi gang..Down to 152...I was really sweating the pizza thing. But, it's soup tonight.. and some chicken salad on the side..

MaryKay: Prayers for your doggie's eyes..Yes, it's just like doctors..some are good and "get it" and some "don't"..

Dd has a 2:30 appointment for her thyroid with my PA down here..It's on Monday and they have the day off. I know that my PA will prescribed natural thyroid like Westhroid cuz I'm going in there with her. Pam was shocked that her KC doctor let her TSH go so high with only 1/2 a thyroid and having nodules.. So, I'm hoping for a good result for dd..

We want to hold little Ava, Buffy..Pictures aren't enough. I can't swallow pills at all..I have to use jello.. So, I hear you on the 8 pills..You can buy biotin separately..My nails are horrible, too..They always were except when I was on pre-natal vitamins..

Sandy: Yup, it is 37 down here..hopefully some of this dangerous ice will melt..

Went to the foot doctor and I'm 90 percent healed.. Yippeee....Of course, I was treadmilling, etc. when I felt better.

Have a good day...
Old 01-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Buffy---I have lost 25 pounds on hCG (shots) and managed to keep it off for the past 6 months. I lost the 25 pounds in 30 days. The maintenance phases are 3-6 weeks and a bit more challenging than the weight loss phase. I am looking at EFGT as my WOE for life. Gabriel Method just teaches us to use our minds as a means to an end as well. Sort of like imagine the body you want. Also to eat food from the earth, less processed, take vitamins and be kind to your body. I could use all of that advise! I hope this helps you.

Last edited by iluvitaly; 01-11-2010 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: added in the fact the hCG was shots
Old 01-11-2010, 12:02 PM   #118
Princess Proofreader

I'm not sure I could take all those shots!!

Carolyn - I'm glad the pizza didn't hurt you!
Good luck with DD! I'm glad you're getting her to your doc!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:40 PM   #119

Anyone watching The Bachelor???

Nightie, night.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #120

I DVR'd it. Haven't watched it yet. I know there's lots of drama on there right now. They live for the drama, don't they, lol.