Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Meee
Stats: 5' 7" - 49 - F
WOE: ~ CAD ~
Start Date: 8/15/09
do YOU exercise?

i read in my New NH&WL book where Barry Groves says that we ARE already Exercising because for example at My Weight of 271 lbs i am Carrying Around All This Weight EVERY SINGLE DAY... and that IS exercise... what i want to know is Does ANYONE Really EXERCISE exercise? not just Walking, but Real Strenous Exercise? at My Weight and Age (49) i cant do ALOT but i DO walk everyday... and i guess once i start losing weight and get smaller i will do MORE... but for now im just Walking...
ANOTHER QUESTION??? does ANYONE ever look Outside Of That March Madness Thread??? because the only Person/Veteran that really ever answers the Newbie Questions and has been here a while and really knows anything is Carolyn... does Anyone Else ever pop in out here??? ANYWAYS... back to my Question... Do YOU Exercise
Meee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
The exercise board is FULL of people that workout
Deb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:18 PM   #3

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Mee: You need to come to the March Challenge Board for general questions..Peeps pop in there the most.

Alot of us on the Challenge Board do exercise. I do Curves 5 times a week, Sandy does the gym and walking, Mary Kay does spinning.

For me, it's not about weight loss, but keeping my muscles going and being more flexible.
I don't kill myself, but I do notice that when I exercise I do feel better.

Probably at this point, walking is good for you until you lose a bit more weight. Walking is good for anyone, I think. Just do what you will do.. I'll send some of the March ladies over here..

And Gord does his elipitical machine all the time.

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Dedee62
Stats: Size 18/10/10 or smaller - 5'6"
WOE: Simeon's Protocol: R4P2
Start Date: Thanksgiving Day 2008; R4 ~ 9/19/09
I'll be 47 on May 6th. I do a strenuous weights workout 5 days/week. My younger sis (13 yrs. my junior) is a personal trainer and designed a program for me. Believe me, it's killer! I hate doing it, but it feels so good after I'm done and I get a great sense of accomplishment just knowing I've done something good for my body. Just do what you can... every little bit helps.

I'm off to do my workout now ~ 20 min. of hill intervals followed by 100 quadreps. I will be doing this while I cover my greys. Hey, a girl has to multi-task sometimes LOL

Last edited by Dedee62; 03-25-2009 at 07:24 PM..
Dedee62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:51 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Lise
Stats: (239)231/187/161
WOE: ZC
Start Date: March 25, 2008
Mee....I think one of the things that I the most about Barry Groves is that he doesn't push exercise....I can't stand it and even though I occasionally go through phases where I use my eliptical or my Wii Fit I just go through the motions and never learn to love it as some do....I wish I loved it....

About checking other threads in the forum you are right...I guess many of us don't...I always pop into the User Control Panel and find replys to my regular threads....a couple of times a week I remember to check the forum for new posts but not often....I really do try and reply it's just that if you don't know a new thread exists then you can't...I will try more but the truth is that if you want a speedy reply to random questions you are best off to post in the monthly chat thread....all kinds of topics come up there...and we all check it often...or at least daily in most cases...don't be shy...just jump in

Lise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:12 PM   #6

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Sorry, I don't check new threads very often either. I too just pop into my user control panel and look at the threads I'm subscribed to. I'll try to do better.
To answer your ?? though, I workout 3x a week with weights and try to walk at least 3x a week too. When the weather is nice I walk more often. I just turned 59 and I love how much energy working out gives me. Plus I know it's great for our bones as we get older and I feel good when I can see toned muscles under my skin. Vanity!! But really, I do feel good so I like to do it. Just start slow so you don't hurt yourself.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:45 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: karenann33
I'm taking a bit of a break because giving up carbs is killing my energy but normally I do the firm, walk and play on wii fit.

BTW: I got motivated by a stupid infomercial and for kicks and giggles I decided to for once in my life exercise for ONE month just to see what happened. The firm came with a workout routine that was 5 days a week and honestly it wasn't that hard. I measured myself before and after and in 31 days I lost SIX inches off my waist and belly. Now that I know it works its easier to get motivated.
karenann33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:58 AM   #8
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
I do weights for 20 min 3-4 times a week. Muscle mass equals metabolism. You need to keep muscle mass to keep your metabolism up. You will look much better when your muscles are toned. I hate aerobics. I wish I didn't. I find i get the most bang for my buck with weights.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:30 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Quinroxanne
I walk to my office. Is that enough? I wish I could have time to do workout on a gym.
Quinroxanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:10 AM   #10

Anyway walking you do is good for your heart, and muscles..How far is your office??
Old 12-21-2009, 05:13 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Spider_Lily
I walk when it's not freezing out and if so I use the gazelle.
Spider_Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovexoxohug
these are my exercise

5 minutes before taking bath, i will clean the house as fast as i can hahaha. LOL
taking bath 3x a day, exfoliating my knees and elbow, shampooing hair..
while i put the treatment cream on my hair, i will scrub the floor

and i will do 2 minutes of heavy lifting..

ho ho ho merry xmas
lovexoxohug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovexoxohug
oh yeah,

i dont like high intensity cardio. i dont know. i think it will kill me. LOL
i like The Firm Weight Training Aerobic , i've lost the DVD. i couldnt find it anywhere else.
after 3 sessions, i started to see some definition.
lovexoxohug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:41 AM   #14

Love: I can't do high intensity anything...LOL..However, anyway you move it is good, I think.

My dd gave me Jillian Michael's Shred..I'm not sure I can do it, but I can try. I'm more of a Wii exerciser and Curves stuff.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:21 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: theoverman
Stats: 145/205/190?
WOE: Atkins (hopefully)
I hate to run, so I do a lot of "steady state cardio" (walking lulz). But I also lift a lot and play rugby. I think the key to exercise is getting an active hobby that you enjoy.
theoverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:42 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: johndenver3210
I exercise. It only helps speed up the burn. I think there is a combination of eating right and exercising. While you can do one without the other, you will get better results if do both.
johndenver3210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicalHome
I do exercise. I love running about twice a week is good, I do situps at least 40 per day. Thats ok for me. I think its working!
MagicalHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:49 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: chiody
Stats: 245/153/165 6'0" Diabetic T2, No Meds 22 yrs.
WOE: LC/Paleo/IF (Maintenance) HbA1C 4.5 2011
Been riding my bike year round outdoors for over 2 decades now. Though freezing outside, my time has been reduces to 2-3 hours per day, 6 times per week. Will ramp it up in a few months back to 3-5. I attribute exercise as a lifesaver addressing 3 major crisis, high BP, diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes, and handling the dire consequences.
chiody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 09:22 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicalHome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedee62 View Post
I'll be 47 on May 6th. I do a strenuous weights workout 5 days/week. My younger sis (13 yrs. my junior) is a personal trainer and designed a program for me. Believe me, it's killer! I hate doing it, but it feels so good after I'm done and I get a great sense of accomplishment just knowing I've done something good for my body. Just do what you can... every little bit helps.

I'm off to do my workout now ~ 20 min. of hill intervals followed by 100 quadreps. I will be doing this while I cover my greys. Hey, a girl has to multi-task sometimes LOL
Yeah you are right , Exercise is burden for us at first ! It really make our whole body ache night after we have stretching our body. But there many things benefited with these burden .hehehe .. Like this
Health Benefits of Exercise

Regular exercise can help protect you from heart disease and stroke, high blood pressure, noninsulin-dependent diabetes, obesity, back pain, osteoporosis, and can improve your mood and help you to better manage stress.

For the greatest overall health benefits, experts recommend that you do 20 to 30 minutes of aerobic activity three or more times a week and some type of muscle strengthening activity and stretching at least twice a week. However, if you are unable to do this level of activity, you can gain substantial health benefits by accumulating 30 minutes or more of moderate-intensity physical activity a day, at least five times a week.

If you have been inactive for a while, you may want to start with less strenuous activities such as walking or swimming at a comfortable pace. Beginning at a slow pace will allow you to become physically fit without straining your body. Once you are in better shape, you can gradually do more strenuous activity.

How Physical Activity Impacts Health

Regular physical activity that is performed on most days of the week reduces the risk of developing or dying from some of the leading causes of illness and death in the United States.

• Reduces the risk of dying prematurely.
• Reduces the risk of dying prematurely from heart disease.
• Reduces the risk of developing diabetes.
• Reduces the risk of developing high blood pressure.
• Helps reduce blood pressure in people who already have high blood pressure.
• Reduces the risk of developing colon cancer.
• Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety.
• Helps control weight.
• Helps build and maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints.
• Helps older adults become stronger and better able to move about without falling.
• Promotes psychological well-being.
MagicalHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: latinamodel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meee View Post
i read in my New NH&WL book where Barry Groves says that we ARE already Exercising because for example at My Weight of 271 lbs i am Carrying Around All This Weight EVERY SINGLE DAY... and that IS exercise... what i want to know is Does ANYONE Really EXERCISE exercise? not just Walking, but Real Strenous Exercise? at My Weight and Age (49) i cant do ALOT but i DO walk everyday... and i guess once i start losing weight and get smaller i will do MORE... but for now im just Walking...
ANOTHER QUESTION??? does ANYONE ever look Outside Of That March Madness Thread??? because the only Person/Veteran that really ever answers the Newbie Questions and has been here a while and really knows anything is Carolyn... does Anyone Else ever pop in out here??? ANYWAYS... back to my Question... Do YOU Exercise
I need to. Im a student though so walking around campus and up and down stairs counts doesnt it?? 5 days a week
latinamodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:39 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: xprobert
hmmm, walking is that in?
xprobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:06 PM   #22
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Furious Bunny
Stats: Overfat/Correcting/Maximum density
WOE: LC real food (scotch is real food, right?)
Start Date: January 2011
I don't have a car so I walk a lot by default. This adds up to several miles a day up and down hills carrying heavy stuff if I go grocery shopping. I'm a Japanese drummer so I spend 2-6 hours a week leaping around and hitting stuff with big sticks. This WOE ups my energy level a lot so I also throw weights around and cycle for fun whenever I feel like it (which is often). It's not work, it's play.

I've always been active and strong, but eating according to government recommendations always meant that I stayed stubbornly overfat regardless of activity level ("my, aren't you... solid"). Eating LC is the only thing that has ever reduced my fat level without the least bit of deprivation or hunger.
Furious Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote