Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jennyjennyjen
You're right. The carbs are the key. If we keep track of them and keep them down to a minimum, we will have success.
jennyjennyjen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MagicalHome
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjennyjen View Post
I wish the media would simply tell the truth. Fat is not the problem. The problem is sugar. If we were to be consistent and reduce our sugar and carbohydrate in take to a bare minimum we all would be slim. Please reply.
mmmh you got the point calories,fat,sugar are not necessarily the problem . All our problem is our balance intake of food , our knowledge of how percentage of this element that needs our body. Fat, sugar ,calories is necessary to our body but if we got more of this is bad .Not balance intake is bad.
MagicalHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gettingthinner
Stats: 266/253/130
WOE: hcg/EFGT
Start Date: October 2010
OK say if I wanted to try this and then I realized that I had too many carbs because of a specific veggie. Do I go and buy and avocado or two to balance it or just wait until the next day?
gettingthinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #34
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingthinner View Post
OK say if I wanted to try this and then I realized that I had too many carbs because of a specific veggie. Do I go and buy and avocado or two to balance it or just wait until the next day?
When I did it, I would balance it with a fat but if it were too many carbs, it took a lot of fat to balance it and I ate too much!:blush:
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:44 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: gettingthinner
Stats: 266/253/130
WOE: hcg/EFGT
Start Date: October 2010
oh bummer ok.
gettingthinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:21 AM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: christie5683
Stats: 185/176/145
WOE: Atkins/ LC
Start Date: July 13, 2012
Dr oz just spoke about the evils of sugar on his show today.
I have been LC (<30 carbs a day) since 1/3/2011 and have only lost 7 lbs. Not losing very fast.
What could be the problem?
christie5683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:02 AM   #37
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by christie5683 View Post
Dr oz just spoke about the evils of sugar on his show today.
I have been LC (<30 carbs a day) since 1/3/2011 and have only lost 7 lbs. Not losing very fast.
What could be the problem?
I think 7 pounds is fabulous! Are you full and finding it's easy to follow? If so, weight loss is easy on you mentally. If you want to speed it up a bit, plug into ****** to see what your calories are averaging and lower it by 10% and see if that doesn't ramp it up a bit but 7 pounds really is good.
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:26 AM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sagjan
Please some one tell me what an "Oopsie" is?
Thanks
sagjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SueinCali
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagjan View Post
Please some one tell me what an "Oopsie" is?
Thanks
Um, unless it has a special low-carb in-group meaning that I don't know, I think an "oopsie" just refers to a mistake, presumably a slip into eating contrary to your plan.
SueinCali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DarleenMB
Stats: 62yo, 5' 9.5'; 210/181.0/145
WOE: hcg then on to Protein Power
Start Date: April 24 2009
Oopsie rolls are Cleochatra's version of Dr. Atkins dinner rolls. Here's her recipe:

3 large eggs
1 pkt splenda
dash of salt
pinch of cream of tartar
3 oz cream cheese (that's OUNCES not TBS) ... do not soften

preheat oven to 300

separate the eggs. Add Splenda, salt and cream cheese to the yolks. Use a mixer to combine ingredients.

In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff.. If you're using the same mixer do the whites first then the yolks. Saves washing.

Use a spatula gradually fold the egg yolk mixter into the whites being careful not to break down the whites.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray and spoon the mixture onto the sheet making 6 mounds. Flatten each one slightly.

Bake about 30 minutes. You want them slightly softer, not crumbly. Let cool on the sheet for a few minutes and then remove them to a rack and allow to cool completely.

Store in a zipper bag with the bag partially open so they can breathe and don't go soggy. Keep them in the fridge after the first day. If they last that long. Then to use, set them out on the counter for a 15-30 mintues until they're room temp which makes them a littler drier and less sticky.

Can be frozen.

They are delicious and GREAT for hamburgers.
DarleenMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:44 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Sigurd
WOE: LCHF (LowCarbHighFat)
Start Date: May 2009
Hello!

I´ve, so far, lost about 10 kg with this LCHF concept and in the beginning the sugar addiction was tricky but after just a few days, with a little head ache, it was no longer a problem.
LCHF is for the most about avoiding that the insulin level rises for the reason of high blood sugar. The high insulin level makes your body burn sugar, not fat and the fat remains in the body. When you, after just a few days, have trained your body to burn fat instead of carbs/sugar you recognize advantages like less throut sourness and fewer indigestion problems. In Sweden the medical authorities have approved of it like ADA in US (the US organisation for diabetics) so it isn´t at all about some hokus pokus here and I just feel fine after about two years with this diet and the chance for me to get diabetes type two is now minimized. The hunting tribes all over the world did eat like this (like eskimoos and the Lapland people here in Sweden). The last decades biggest mistake considering food is the fear of fat and the over estimation of our need for carbs!. We need to eat proper and natural fat like butter, coconut fat and olive oil and absolutely not industrilally manipulated fat.
Our need for carbs is clearly overestimated - I eat less than 20 grams per day and I feel fine and in fact you can eliminate carbs for several months when you want to lose weight.
A Swedish doctor just published a book: "Matrevolutionen" (The food revolution) and he also runs this site with som English links too:

Engelska Low-Carb Bloggar - LowCarbKost.com

The other day I saw Oprah; "Isn´t it funny that the American people eat less fat and getting more and more fat?"

You see; this LCHF concept is a method of take in regard that the hormonal status is cruical. You don´t have to count calories, just avoid carbs and you´ll feel naturally full when you eat enough!

Friendly,
Sigurd.
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:09 AM   #42
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Kraken
Stats: 158/151/135
WOE: paleo
Start Date: Sept. 2011
I can't believe what a life changer this WOE is. I lost another 1.5 lbs this week. Which isn't a big deal except I am always SATISFIED!!! All those years of eating "healthy, whole grain, low fat" misery!!! And now I'm mentally at ease, physically satisfied, and able to eat out without worry.

And yet...nobody seems to want to hear
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:06 PM   #43
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: solarmom
Stats: 178/168.5/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 11/11/11
I love this WOE too! I've told my husband that under no circumstances should he stand by and let me slip back into carb induced delusions. LC is it! I'm done with dieting - I feel full and happy, my constant anxiety is history, I can live in the moment because my brain isn't churning at 3000rpm. I've lost some weight and I'm sure I'll lose lots more but quite frankly, even if I didn't lose an ounce, it would totally be worth it. I've NEVER gone 6 hours without eating before (well, I guess when sleeping), but now? It's no big deal, no blood sugars bouncing all over the place, no anxiously looking for the next meal, no sneaking sugary snacks because I'm feeling tired. Full of energy and yet at peace - you can bet I'm spreading the word! My sister and brother-in-law have already started Atkins and I'm sure there will be more. Loving it!
solarmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #44
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Yeah, Solar and Kraken..It is the perfect way of eating..

When I was eating 150 carbs a day, with healthy whole grains, I weighed 195..Not so healthy.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Stats: 164 Jan 2010 / 129 Jan 2012
WOE: Eat Fat Get Thin Low Carb
Start Date: January 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I found this in my Word file and thought it might be helpful for all of us..

Darling Linda Sue figured out how much of each category we would have to eat to stay
in the approximate percentages:

PER DAY:
15% CARBS
20% PROTEIN
65% FAT

75 grams carbs
100 grams protein
144 grams fat
2000 calories

68 grams carbs
90 grams protein
130 grams fat
1800 calories

56 grams carbs
75 grams protein
108 grams fat
1500 calories

45 grams carbs
60 grams protein
87 grams fat
1200 calories

38 grams carbs
50 grams protein
72 grams fat
1000 calories

30 grams carbs
40 grams protein
58 grams fat
800 calories
Hello - the basic tenet of this philosophy of eating is 65% F/ 20% P/ 15%C. Are the Carb percentages based on real carbohydrate grams or net (carb minus fiber)? Thanks so much!
LauraLovesLowCarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovexoxohug
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I found this in my Word file and thought it might be helpful for all of us..

Darling Linda Sue figured out how much of each category we would have to eat to stay
in the approximate percentages:

PER DAY:
15% CARBS
20% PROTEIN
65% FAT

75 grams carbs
100 grams protein
144 grams fat
2000 calories

68 grams carbs
90 grams protein
130 grams fat
1800 calories

56 grams carbs
75 grams protein
108 grams fat
1500 calories

45 grams carbs
60 grams protein
87 grams fat
1200 calories

38 grams carbs
50 grams protein
72 grams fat
1000 calories

30 grams carbs
40 grams protein
58 grams fat
800 calories
I am on this ratio :

68 grams carbs
90 grams protein
130 grams fat
1800 calories

lovexoxohug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:54 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lovexoxohug
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLovesLowCarb View Post
Hello - the basic tenet of this philosophy of eating is 65% F/ 20% P/ 15%C. Are the Carb percentages based on real carbohydrate grams or net (carb minus fiber)? Thanks so much!
I have once read somewhere.. carb percentages are based on real carbohydrate grams.
lovexoxohug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:35 PM   #48
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Amers337
Too much protein???

Hi there, I was hoping for some opinions, I first started with Atkins, have been on for a month and have barely lost 3 pounds, ugh!! Anyways, I've been reading these postings and am very interested!! I've been keeping track on ******, but am worried I'm eating too much protein?? The percentages are right, but the grams seem to be too much. Thoughts please!!

1754 Calories
135 grams of fat
16 carbs
115 protein

69% fat
28% protein
4% carbs

Do I NEED to up my carb intake, I'm not minding the lack of carbs at all, btu I want to make sure I help my weight loss as much as possible!! Thanks!
Amers337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hcoop85
Plateaud so trying low carb/high fat/mod protein

I have been eating a healthy diet for years, and have gone from 186 to 132. However, two babies later, I find my body stuck. I just started this diet today intending to go into ketosis, but after research find myself so confused!

Do I need to only do this diet for 2 weeks? I hear it can cause problems and then you can gain weight back big time if you do it for too long.
OR
Do I need to keep it up for upwards of 3-4 weeks or more?
I also have heard that it takes 3 weeks to start burning the ketones as fuel.

Also, I typically have eaten 1400/calories a day for years. However a calculator I found on here wants me to eat 2000/cal a day! YIKES!! That just feels like wayyy too much and am scared I will gain weight.

So question is how many calories SHOULD I infact stay at, and what should my ratios be? I currently weigh 135, 5'7 and I am 27 and aprrox. 17% body fat. My goal is to loose 10-15lbs and lean out. I am taking some femal anabolic supps and a fat burner as well as a multi vitamin.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks
hcoop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:25 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JuneCC
Stats: 223/147/124, 5' 3.5"
WOE: Dr. Bernstein; Last A1C=5.5
Start Date: Dx 12/2010 w/A1C=13.3 & FBG=303
Quote:
Originally Posted by metqa View Post
ETA: I found this calculator. Full Body Analysis Calculator.
Thank you for finding and posting this calculator. It motivated me to take some measurements I haven't taken in awhile, giving me a pleasant surprise this morning! I don't know how exactly to measure my elbow, though. I've never heard of doing that before!
JuneCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #51
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mark-yassine
thank you carolyn
mark-yassine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 05:01 PM   #52
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: GraceK
CONFUSED

I'm eating LCHF or at least I thought I was. I've been eating that way for about 8 weeks now but I've only lost 3lb so far.

I've cut out ALL simple carbs like bread, pasta, rice, cakes, biscuits etc and I'm eating only protein - meat, eggs, fish, cheese, cream, butter and above the ground veggies but not even eating veg every day.

I'm pleased because I never feel hungry now but I'm disappointed wit h the weight loss especially when I read about everyone else losing 5 and 6 stone etc.

Now I'm reading about people eating LESS protein and MORE fat and I'd like to know just WHAT fat you are eating with your protein?
GraceK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #53
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: metqa
Stats: 147/137.7/125; 5'1"
WOE: HCG Transitioning to HFLC
Start Date: joined LCF 2003: HCG 07/2014
Reduce the protein and increase the fat? Hmmm,
What kinda meat do you eat?

Okay, Okay, Y'know those books:Eat This, Not That. Okay, so let's try that. Pffft.
Hehehe, I feel so silly. Okay..

Eat Chicken Thigh, Not Chicken Breast
Eat Marbled Ribeye, Not Top Sirloin, Top, bottom or eye of round
Eat Salmon and Mackeral, not Bluefin Tuna or Tilapia
Eat veggies with Garlicky lemon butter, not veggies with light dressing.

Okay I give up , this is silly,
The hard part is eating less protein and choosing fattier protein at the same time, while making fat more of your meal.

You don't have to get your fat WITH a protein, that's the mistake people make. It's hard to eat a high fat meat, since it's mostly protein.

You can eat your fat as a fat. Take for instance , clouds. Clouds are unsalted butter creamed with soft cream cheese, sweetened and flavored with vanilla or some other desserty flavor. You eat them like little bon bons. Fat+Flavor.

Cocoa Bark is coconut oil blended with cocoa powder, sweetener and chilled to a hard candy. Fat+Cocoa

Ghee is clarified butter which is AWESOME ON EVERYTHING. Add a bit of sea salt, AWESOME. Add a bit of sweetener, AWESOME. On Steak, on veggies, on ice cream.... Yeah, I put butter on my low carb ice cream, AWESOME. and 100% fat.

Make some Chai milk tea by steeping the tea bag in milk ( cream +water)

When making your meals start with the fat. think " What fat will I start with" I like to start with butter or ghee for most things. Sautee with it, then drizzle it over the finished dinner. Coconut oil makes a great stir fry oil, on medium high heat. Make an Asian style stir-fry with chicken thigh meat and some veggies then drizzle it with toasted sesame oil.

Have a brothy consumme before dinner with a dash of ghee or sesame oil in it to start you appetite.

Make some cream cheese pancakes and serve them with sweetened ghee. It's better than SF panckake syrup.

Whoo, I'm making myself crave some butter right now. Ciao and Cheers.
"You have to understand zat ven a vampire forgoes . . .the b-vord, zere is a process zat ve call transference? Zey force Zemselves to desire somesing else? . . .But your friend chose . . . coffee. And now he has none." "You can find him some coffee, or . . .you can keep a vooden stake and a big knife ready. You vould be doink him a favor, believe me." Monstrous Regiment by Terry Pratchett
IBKKF 898
metqa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: KIMMIR
Stats: 299/273/190
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: November 2011
Hi Carolyn I found a app for my Kindle similar to fit day. It has shown me that while I am under my calories I am at 75% fat 3% carve and 22% protein. My first thought is to go back to1 tsp a day coconut oil and or eat leaner meat. Do you have any thoughts on this. Thank you for suggesting this type of app I was not figuring my percentages correctly!
KIMMIR is offline   Reply With Quote