Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Eat Fat, Get Thin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/)
-   -   Eat Fat Get Thin eBook? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/597697-eat-fat-get-thin-ebook.html)

mom2dm 01-13-2009 07:09 AM

Eat Fat Get Thin eBook?

Where can I download the Eat Fat, Get Thin eBook? Thanks ;)

mezzovoice 01-13-2009 03:06 PM

I am afraid, you cannot. Eat fat, get thin is not available as an e-book, more's the pity. However - not all is lost. The book "natural health and weight loss" is now available and it supersedes EFGT - it's a wonderful book to read!!

amyem 01-21-2009 06:47 AM

I've been doing the EFGT plan for a few weeks now, just basing my days on the information in this section! Great information and VERY helpful by the way!! Is there anywhere I can buy the book?? I'm in Canada...I'm guessing it's out of print?

Amy:heart:

LosingKitty 01-21-2009 09:08 PM

I bought a copy. It was fairly cheap- its just a small paperback.

Now I'm wondering if its worth it to buy the newer version.

mezzovoice 01-28-2009 12:47 PM

It is ABSOLUTELY worth your while buying the "new version" - because it contains a whole host of information, very comprehensive, very good reading, excellently organised. Do yourself a favour and buy your copy today. (No, I am not getting a share of Barry's royalties...)

LosingKitty 01-29-2009 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mezzovoice (Post 11491079)
It is ABSOLUTELY worth your while buying the "new version" - because it contains a whole host of information, very comprehensive, very good reading, excellently organised. Do yourself a favour and buy your copy today. (No, I am not getting a share of Barry's royalties...)

Oh cool, I had kind of gotten the impression it wasnt much different but if it is more comprehensive (the first is a short little thing) then I will invest. Thanks for telling me :cool:

CarolynF 01-29-2009 08:55 AM

Hi..

Reminder that the new version is Natural Health and Weight Loss..;)

LECould 02-05-2009 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2dm (Post 11405980)
Where can I download the Eat Fat, Get Thin eBook? Thanks ;)

You can get all of the weight loss info at his diabetes web site - it's pretty much the same except for the grams of carbs. I find that even though I was never diagnosed with diabetes (even though I'm pretty sure I was well on my way) that I do better following the lower carb recommendation for diabetics, which is below 30.

lovexoxohug 08-19-2009 01:19 PM

hi all :D i would appreciate a copy too! i couldnt find it anywhere in my country!! nor the new book :( .. thanks!

CarolynF 08-19-2009 08:58 PM

The word from the author is that Eat Fat, Get Thin is not available. His publishers of the new book, will not allow him to sell his older book because it will stop people from buying the newer updated book.

So, my puter crashed and I don't have my copy anyway, but we are not supposed to email it to people because of the copyright laws and it's not fair to Barry.

If you can't afford to buy the new version. Natural Health and Weight Loss, you can certainly get an idea of how it works from the first thread.

Barry is basically Atkins with limited protein and starts out with a bit more carbs than 20.

lowcarblaura 08-20-2009 08:38 AM

I checked my library...I guess we're out of luck...

CarolynF 08-20-2009 01:44 PM

No, it won't be in the library..You might be able to get it on a used book site..:)

lovexoxohug 08-21-2009 11:14 AM

i went to all bookstores in Kuala Lumpur. SIGH!

am asian, can i still eat my asian food in moderation ?

mezzovoice 08-27-2009 10:50 AM

What Asian foods exactly? You'll have to cut down anything that is high in carbs, otherwise this woe will backfire. High-fat plus high-carb is a surefire way to becoming obese.

partyboy424 12-17-2009 09:31 PM

I think this is the original book, but it's very easy to read and makes everything understandable. Been following it since the 19th of November and I'm down 17 pounds.

Eat Fat And Grow Slim

CarolynF 12-18-2009 05:51 AM

Hey, party boy, it is not the original, but very similar to EFGT..Barry Groves is the author of EFGT..However, it is basically the same idea.

And, a huge congratulations to your weight loss..

CarolynF 01-07-2010 10:47 AM

I don't have it in my files after my puter went down..

You can order Natural Health and Weight Loss from CA or the UK and it's an excellent book for your library.

Google Barry Groves and you will see his site.

LJB 01-07-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partyboy424 (Post 12875545)
I think this is the original book, but it's very easy to read and makes everything understandable. Been following it since the 19th of November and I'm down 17 pounds.

Eat Fat And Grow Slim

:clap::clap:Thank you.

dank26378 01-18-2010 10:45 AM

Thank you for that link. I printed every single page; just in case my sat goes down. :kicking:

anulu 03-09-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dank26378 (Post 13012521)
Thank you for that link. I printed every single page; just in case my sat goes down. :kicking:

Good idea, those sats should stay nicely up :)