Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 08:00 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MSN08
Stats: sizes 18/6 calling goal!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2012
Should I worry about the elevated morning numbers.

I recommitted to lowcarb this week and every morning my blood sugar is getting higher. The first day it was 102 next day 117 and today 120 I know those are not crazy high but the trend is worrisome so I don't want it to continue understandably. My post meal peaks are under 130 and only stay high for 5-10 minutes then drop to low 70's so I wonder if I should just ignore the elevated morning readings and keep doing what I am doing and it will straighten out? I have insulin resistance and have not been on anything for it. Just exercising,taking magnesium and apple cider vinegar which does bring it down noticeably.My last a1c was 4.6.

The high readings happen at 5am when I get up to see my DH off to work and then when I wake up for the day at 7 am its usually 97-100

Last edited by MSN08; 03-17-2014 at 08:02 AM..
MSN08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2014, 03:16 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DABG
Stats: S:184, C: 164, G: 145
WOE: LC, IF, RS
Start Date: RS: 12/ 28/13
HI, MSNOB, you might get some comforting insight into your mkorning readings (and some suggestions of how to help with the problem) if you Google "Dawn Phenomenon." I have sometimes has higher readings first thing in the AM even when I am very careful to abide by my LC T2 food plan which usually gets good results. And also, since I have begun using Resistant Starch, my morning readings are better than ever--you might want to look into RS, we have a thread about that here in the diabetes forum.

But BTW, your A1c is really really enviable, so at least you can take comfort in that.
DABG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: DABG
Stats: S:184, C: 164, G: 145
WOE: LC, IF, RS
Start Date: RS: 12/ 28/13
Also,MSNO8, you might want to do a search here at LCF for "Dawn Phenomenon." It has been a fairly frequent subject of discussion here and some of the comments made about it by members have been very helpful to me. I think you are wise to follow up on this change in your fasting numbers--the recent ones seem a bit high to me and you don't want to risk losing your wonderful A1c
DABG is offline   Reply With Quote