Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Diabetes
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 08:26 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TaraMae
Gestational Diabetes

I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes and I am almost 30 weeks along. I was just diagnosed a week ago and met with endocrin and dietician 2 days ago. I have been carb counting and really paying attention to things but I have been high on half of my tests so far. I was told to call the nurse if I have two bad tests in a 3 day period. Since I am so new to this do I really need to call right now? Or can I wait and finish my week off and get into the groove of this before I meet with them in a few days?
TaraMae is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: TaraMae
Me Again

Alright, well I called my nurse after getting a couple of friends opinions. She basically said that I should cut out all juices
For breakfast I need to try something a little different, add protein in addition to my carbs. So starting tomorrow I will do that. I tested after my lunch today and I was in the range I need to be so that helps.
TaraMae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:55 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: jedswife
Stats: 220/160/140
WOE: Body By Atkins
most juices especially fruit juices are nothing but sugar carbs - you should get the hang of it soon.
jedswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:32 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Aomiel
Stats: 330/140/140 A1c 4.8
WOE: Bernstein
Start Date: January 2010
My dil is pregnant for the second time and has once again been diagnosed with gestational diabetes. The first time, she tried following the nutritionists plan: 2-3 fruits per day (no juice), 1 cup of starch at her lunch and dinner, and keep her total carbohydrates at around 160gm for the day. Good grief...and they wondered why she still had problems.

After watching me with Bernstein's plan, this time she decided to cut out all starches (potatoes, rice, pasta, etc.) and focus on the green vegies and proteins. She's doing beautifully!
Aomiel is offline   Reply With Quote