Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Diabetes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/diabetes/)
-   -   My first post diagnosis lab results!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/diabetes/816760-my-first-post-diagnosis-lab-results.html)

helenback 11-08-2013 09:37 AM

My first post diagnosis lab results!!!

Hi everyone, I have had a LOT going on, so haven't been on much the last two weeks.

However, I just had to share this!!

When I was first diagnosed back in August...

My numbers were:
glucose serum 126
a1c 6.9

I have diligently (and I mean diligently) watched EVERY morsel that crossed my lips. The only thing that I haven't done is start exercising, with my back disabilities it is incredibly hard to find exercises that I can do.. but I digress.

My goal from the moment of diagnosis was to win this war. To take my life back, to be strong to pitiful to keep my limbs.

So this week I went for my 3 month blood work. (while the numbers are still above "normal". I think they show that I am ON IT!! :D <3 <3

This week's first after diagnosis numbers are:

glucose, serum 104
a1c is 5.9

Not perfect, but lawd, I hope that is as good as it feels.. lol

edited to add: OH and I have lost 22 lbs since August! :D

Just had to share! Hope you are all having a great day!
Take care!
helenback

haferchamp 11-08-2013 10:45 AM

amazing results! Keep up the good work and you will continue to see improvements! I remember my first blood work results after a 3 month low carb diet and I was exstatic. So much so that I treated myself to a few higher carb goodies as a reward. And low and behold, my next set of numbers had climbed back up. :dunno: I just have to learn the hard way sometimes! :stars:

Aomiel 11-09-2013 04:20 AM

Helen, that's wonderful progress! Keep up the good work! Your doctor must have been so pleased!

helenback 11-09-2013 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haferchamp (Post 16676131)
amazing results! Keep up the good work and you will continue to see improvements! I remember my first blood work results after a 3 month low carb diet and I was exstatic. So much so that I treated myself to a few higher carb goodies as a reward. And low and behold, my next set of numbers had climbed back up. :dunno: I just have to learn the hard way sometimes! :stars:

Thank you! Funny you should mention rewards. I think the old 'sabotage' myself reared it's ugly head, because I really don't get cravings, but after the good news, I caught myself thinking "well, what shall I have". But luckily didn't act on it. But it was close. I'm glad we stayed home last night we were supposed to go to a function at our lodge, pretty sure 'sabotage' me, might have won if we hadn't been home.

whew! :D

helenback 11-09-2013 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aomiel (Post 16676760)
Helen, that's wonderful progress! Keep up the good work! Your doctor must have been so pleased!

Thank you!

Well, I haven't got to see him yet, (labcorp let's you get your results 24 hours after dr gets report) but I know that he will be thrilled. I see the dr. on the 20th. I can't wait! I am hoping I lose another 3 lbs between now and then to make it a full 25 lbs since diagnosis. :D

My total cholesterol dropped from 191 to 177!! woot woot

So everything but my microalbumin came back stellar. Now I have to research what in the heck microalbumin is. lol

luvmybabyhead 11-09-2013 01:51 PM

Awesome progress! Congrats!

Ntombi 11-09-2013 02:13 PM

Absolutely wonderful! :congrats:

Jrw85705 11-10-2013 02:11 PM

That is fantastic. Gee, who would have thought a low carb way of eating could be powerful? I know, all of us here know that. Keep up the great work, it is really paying off.

helenback 11-10-2013 05:29 PM

Thanks y'all!

I told hubby.. I am now armed with proof, I can't wait to say 'BAM! look at my numbers!' to some nay-sayer! :D