Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Diabetes (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/diabetes/)
-   -   First Trip to the Endocrinologist... what a joke! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/diabetes/798821-first-trip-endocrinologist-what-joke.html)

tgrant0613 03-06-2013 05:27 AM

First Trip to the Endocrinologist... what a joke!

I spend 2 and 1/2 hrs in the endo office... only to have him want to double all my meds; actually quadruple one of them and add a new one!!!!! All at one time. He actually said what we eat has nothing to do with blood sugar. I'm thankful for the ignorance I endured... it has pushed me to take things into my own hands. My sugar is now running 110-135 instead of 180-225.

GirlKickinIt 03-06-2013 05:43 AM

Oh my gosh, Tammy!! :eek: What a worthless Doc!! That is so totally mind blowing!! :notwrthy: I hope you shop out another Doc, to replace this useless Lame in an overcoat!! :stars:
Good for you on pushing thru that and taking control of your health!! :hugs:

Jeffs 03-06-2013 05:51 AM

Good luck with your goals

Mistizoom 03-06-2013 01:08 PM

:shock: What we eat has nothing to do with blood sugar?!?! That's completely crazy. Good luck finding a new doctor that knows what they are doing!

cfine 03-06-2013 01:12 PM

What a moron! Good for you for taking matters into your own hands.

Jakelilydad 03-06-2013 01:16 PM

that guy has no right to call himself a doctor! Ask him what he thinks DOES affect blood sugar...What you READ??!! Good for you for recognizing a quack.

tgrant0613 03-06-2013 06:26 PM

THanks for the encouragement everyone!!! I'm so thankful we can educate ouselves =)

BABSY 03-07-2013 02:32 AM

So, just what did you do on your own to make your BS so good?

andipand 03-07-2013 03:15 AM

Hello, I'm so sorry that happened to you. I've also had my share of possibly well meaning doctors, but very uninformed. The endos seem to be the worst. The doctors and labs still haven't caught up to the new levels to diagnose thyroid or insulin resistant and a lot of times we overweight people are told "you are fine" When really we have issues. The labs also need to narrow their ranges for healthy and normal, they are behind 10 years.

This is a great link with many patient's personal stories with doctors giving wrong information, etc. some of these are amusing!

Give Me a Break!! aka Doctor’s Hall of Shame | Stop The Thyroid Madness

Mistizoom 03-07-2013 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andipand (Post 16300743)
Hello, I'm so sorry that happened to you. I've also had my share of possibly well meaning doctors, but very uninformed. The endos seem to be the worst. The doctors and labs still haven't caught up to the new levels to diagnose thyroid or insulin resistant and a lot of times we overweight people are told "you are fine" When really we have issues. The labs also need to narrow their ranges for healthy and normal, they are behind 10 years.

This is a great link with many patient's personal stories with doctors giving wrong information, etc. some of these are amusing!

Give Me a Break!! aka Doctor’s Hall of Shame | Stop The Thyroid Madness

Thanks for that link, I'm forwarding it to DH who has both type 2 and hypothyroidism. He has already gotten rid of one quack doctor because of the poor treatment he received on both fronts.

tgrant0613 03-07-2013 05:39 AM

Babsy... Just sticking to my strict lo carb eating plan and i did increase my metformin.

Andipand... thanks for the link. I will def check it out!

Jigsaw 03-08-2013 07:21 PM

Mine has gone from 12.1 last august to 5.5 last week. All of it is due to diet, i'm not on any medication. I was on Metformin until november, then was able to drop that (my numbers didn't change at all with Metformin, either on or off) :) my drop is all due to diet.
I'm surprised (but not real surprised) that an endocrinologist would say something so ignorant...it is sad.

Mistizoom 03-09-2013 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw (Post 16304875)
Mine has gone from 12.1 last august to 5.5 last week. All of it is due to diet, i'm not on any medication. I was on Metformin until november, then was able to drop that (my numbers didn't change at all with Metformin, either on or off) :) my drop is all due to diet.
I'm surprised (but not real surprised) that an endocrinologist would say something so ignorant...it is sad.

That's awesome Jigsaw! :high5:

GME 03-09-2013 07:27 AM

I have a phrase I use in these sorts of occasions.......

I am appalled but not surprised.

lazy girl 03-09-2013 08:53 AM

Oh Tammy, you are so wise to take your health into your own hands. I can't find any doctor in this small city who advocates low carb eating. So I have doctors who will let me tell them what I want to try and report back what works so that they can write the scripts and I can eat the correct way.

I wish you all the best. No diabetic should have to suffer all the wickedness of high blood sugar!

MaryMary 03-23-2013 05:24 PM

I should count my blessings, both my shrink and PCP have turned vegan. We talk about our eating plans, since they are both healthy, and helping us.