Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Cholesterol and Heart Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 01:05 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mr_Geiri
Stats: 209/170/170
Start Date: December 2013
Eye opening documentary on cholesterol

I have posted this before as a post in other threads but I think it deserves it's own thread. I think it's important for people wondering about these things to see the other side of the story rather than just the drug company funded one.

So here we go, the controversial documentary from Australia which started some heated discussions. Certain groups actually dried to prevent it from being broadcasted but fortunately they did not succeed:

Quote:
Is the role of cholesterol in heart disease really one of the biggest myths in the history of medicine?

For the last four decades we’ve been told that saturated fat clogs our arteries and high cholesterol causes heart disease. It has spawned a multi-billion dollar drug and food industry of “cholesterol free” products promising to lower our cholesterol and decrease our risk of heart disease.

But what if it all isn’t true? What if it’s never been proven that saturated fat causes heart disease?

And what if the majority of patients taking cholesterol lowering drugs won’t benefit from taking these pills?

In a special two part edition of Catalyst, Dr Maryanne Demasi investigates the science behind the claims that saturated fat causes heart disease by raising cholesterol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pfGTBXkq3g
Mr_Geiri is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mr_Geiri
Stats: 209/170/170
Start Date: December 2013
They have taken the video down so here it is from other sources:

Part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8XnnEiW4t8

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0kIC-dbW2g
Mr_Geiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:24 PM   #3
Fat Burning Machine Extraordinaire!

Gallery: DiamondDeb
Stats: 125+ lbs lost
Thanks. This is an excellent documentary. I've watched it a few times. I am sure I'll watch it again.
DiamondDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:37 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: oldtimer
You are correct they have not linked heart desease with cholesterol. High blood cholesterol may have do do with a couch-potato lifestyle. Excersise is important for health and that reduces blood cholesterol.

There is no proof that if you eat lots of cholesterol your liver makes more. That is the only source of blood cholesterol. I am sure the process has been heavily tested but still there is no proof. There is some proof that high carb diets result in high blood cholesterol.

I eat butter but keep it to a minimum.
oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote