Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Cholesterol and Heart Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: dawnyama
Stats: 154/119.2/118 5'3.5"
WOE: Rx hcg
Start Date: 6/1/09
Who watched Dr Oz today??

Johnny Bowden and Dr Sinatra were on talking about their new book. I loved it!! Another cardiologist coming on the show and wowing Dr Oz with the latest and greatest information
dawnyama is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: jeaniem
Stats: 166/?/?
WOE: lc
Was Dr. Oz receptive?
jeaniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LindaM
Stats: 188/170/140 5'1
WOE: lower carb watch calories
Start Date: 01/14/2014
I watched it really helped me reside a bit more to lc. I have high cholesterol and am going to ask next appt for that LDL particle size test. It would help me to stick to low carb if I didn't have to consistantly worry about my cholesterol. I can't take the meds and was really lowering it when I was eating oatmeal. Then I started low carb and was losing but my bad cholesterol went up quite a bit. My husband takes cholesterol meds though and I am wondering if he should take it even though the doctor said he gives it to a certain group of men. I do like the thought of having an apple as I like a piece of fruit not sure if I will add that to my WOE for health benefits. I can eat just a little fruit doesnt seem to bother me. I haven't so far had any problems with being diabetic even though I was 50 pounds overweight. I sure hope I don't have the small particles as I did test high on the inflammation test to see if you have that going on. My doctor tested me for that and told me it was high as well as my cholesterol.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeaniem View Post
Was Dr. Oz receptive?
He was!! I was just as shocked as I was watching Dr Davis on his show. He was not argumentative like I imagined he was. He was shocked to hear that Dr Sinatra has less than 1% of his female patients in his practice on statins. Again validating what I have been saying for years, that statins are not that great! And Dr Bowden (The co-author of the new book they were promoting) was saying that sugar is very inflammatory and eliminating it should be the first step in getting healthy.

Last edited by dawnyama; 12-12-2012 at 04:08 AM..
Old 12-12-2012, 04:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaM View Post
I watched it really helped me reside a bit more to lc. I have high cholesterol and am going to ask next appt for that LDL particle size test. It would help me to stick to low carb if I didn't have to consistantly worry about my cholesterol. I can't take the meds and was really lowering it when I was eating oatmeal. Then I started low carb and was losing but my bad cholesterol went up quite a bit. My husband takes cholesterol meds though and I am wondering if he should take it even though the doctor said he gives it to a certain group of men. I do like the thought of having an apple as I like a piece of fruit not sure if I will add that to my WOE for health benefits. I can eat just a little fruit doesnt seem to bother me. I haven't so far had any problems with being diabetic even though I was 50 pounds overweight. I sure hope I don't have the small particles as I did test high on the inflammation test to see if you have that going on. My doctor tested me for that and told me it was high as well as my cholesterol.
You definitely need to get that book they were promoting then! I forgot the exact name, but I saw it in the bookstore this weekend. I was at Books A Million. Big black book with a heart on the cover. "The Cholesterol Myth" I believe is the name. Dr Sinatra and Dr Bowden are the authors. I follow on both men on facebook, and get newsletters from Dr Sinatra. I love them
Old 12-12-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I will have to get the book and check out thier facebook page. All very interesting.
LindaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Dawn just wondering how do people put the quote on a reply? I haven't been able to figure it out. thanks
Old 12-12-2012, 09:22 AM   #8

I got the authors name wrong and I thought so. It is Jonny Bowden. It didn't look right, but I have one of his books and thought there was no "h" in the first name. So it is Jonny Bowden. Sorry if that has confused anyone! Title of the book "The Great Cholesterol Myth". There that should help too.

As for quoting someone, you click on the quote button on the bottom of the part you want to respond to. There is a "Quote" inside a blue rectangle looking kind of thing at the bottom of the post. Click there, and reply! No biggie. Now, don't even ask me to multi-quote though LOL. Have not learned that one yet.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the information Dawn.
Old 01-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #10

Gallery: Karerose
Start Date: late 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaM View Post
Dawn just wondering how do people put the quote on a reply? I haven't been able to figure it out. thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnyama View Post
Now, don't even ask me to multi-quote though LOL. Have not learned that one yet.
Multi-quote is easy. On the first post you want to quote, hit the multi-quote button which is to the right of the quote button (has a right quote and plus sign). Hit the multi-quote button on as many posts as you want, but when you come to the last post you want to multi-quote hit the quote button.

So basically...
1st post to quote - hit multi-quote
2nd post to quote - hit multi-quote
then the last post to quote - hit quote only
Karerose is online now   Reply With Quote