Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Health Support Groups > Children's Health
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Ntombi
Stats: Restart: 360/284.4/190
WOE: Atkins for weight loss, NK for maintenance.
Start Date: Restarted: 1-3-13 Original: 8-23-02
It sounds like you're closer to a solution, at least. More tests, yes, but at least part of an answer. to you and her.
Ntombi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2014, 02:02 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bhambabe
Stats: R4P3 91 pounds released
WOE: Dr. Simeon's Protocol HHCG
Start Date: Started 7/21/09
Bhambabe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greenbean
Thanks yall.

She is still hurting and eating today finally. She has been in bed since around 11am. She came outside for a few minutes this morning a A GIANT BUG (earwig) sent her packing inside.

I have resigned that she may not pass the 2nd grade due to this 6 weeks. The school wants a doctor's note for every absence. I am not sure any doctor is going to excuse all of her absences. I guess we will see.
greenbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:38 PM   #34
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbean View Post
Thank you again for the input and private messages. I have been reading again tonight the information you all are suggesting.

Just an update- Our daughter had xrays yesterday morning to see what was in her intestines from the night before. She has an appointment with the gastrointologist on Friday.

I do have a question...if you were in this situation and did not need a referral would you go to a urologist or nephrologist? Is there a doctor that does both?
My situation with my daughter was a little different in that she had recurrent bladder infections and ended up diagnosed with vesicoureteral reflux (basically her ureters weren't positioned correctly in her bladder, so the urine would back up into her kidneys). She required surgery. We had the BEST pediatric urologist. If there's no concrete proof that the issue is with her kidneys, but you suspect it, a urologist would know what to look for. I see a nephrologist for my own kidneys, but my issue is directly kidney-related.

I'm glad you're getting some answers, and so sorry you (and she) are having to deal with this.

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 12:12 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Just wondering if they did a urine culture when they checked for UTI? Time after time I am told "Your urine is crystal clear" only to be called a few days later that in deed I do have an infection. Or has she had another check for UTI just to be sure since the earlier tests? Anyway, sure hope you get answers soon.
35down is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:39 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greenbean
I can't believe it has been so long since I have been in this thread!

MRI came back with no issues present. She did well in the MRI but it was LONG!

She still has some pain going on.

The GI doctor had her do an EKG. They want to give her some medicine and one of the side effects has to do with heart rate. The medicine is supposed to help relax her nerves...now I don't remember the name of it or how it was supposed to work. The EKG results were sent to her pediatrician and they called me- she has an arrhythmia and the pediatrician referred her to a cardiologist. The GI doctor called and said the EKG was normal so I asked for both doctors to look at the test results again.

The GI doctor believes that her descending colon is not doing its job of pushing the food out.

Anyway, the school is on board to have her pass 2nd grade since she has completed most of her classwork. She did go to school once but the teacher pulled her out of class because she was so tired. She is saying tonight that she wants to go to school tomorrow. She loves school so this is a good step.

She is becoming a little hermit so I am working with her to just get out of the house. She has been to see my grandmother, drove out to my mom's house, and has been to the school to pick up her homework once.

Thanks again for all of the support.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:20 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bhambabe
Stats: R4P3 91 pounds released
WOE: Dr. Simeon's Protocol HHCG
Start Date: Started 7/21/09
Thanks for the up date , please share when more information is available , I am glad she is keeping up with her school . and prayers
Bhambabe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:30 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: DelaneyLC
Stats: 188/176/148
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: May 25, 2014
It could be the Miralax is giving her cramps, maybe she's trying to hold it in and that makes it worse? On top of that she probably has food allergies or intolerance to certain foods.
DelaneyLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 07:37 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: earthcrosser
WOE: LCRF, NK
Start Date: March 2014
Thanks for the update! I'm so glad you posted...I've been thinking about it. Continued good luck and let us know how it goes.
earthcrosser is offline   Reply With Quote