oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:36 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/256/130
WOE: Atkins 72, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Good Morning All!
Just stopping in to wish everyone a wonderful LC day!
Will try to stop by later....need to get going early this morning!
sherlocklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:51 AM   #184
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ColoMtnLady
Stats: 296/216/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2014
Thanks for advice on constipation, I too struggle with that.

Cloud, I am so happy you are back on track, way to go.

Mary, it is great that Binzi is just what "the doctor ordered". Pets can definitely enrich our lives. About a year ago we had to put down our two dogs. What a horrible time. Not ready yet to get any kind of a pet. The thought of having to do that again is too much.

My mom seems to be going downhill fast. We have a big party planned this coming weekend. At this point I am not sure she will be coherent enough to be able to visit with everyone. Hopefully she'll know that we are all there and feel the love for her.

I have been staying on track. It definitely gives me something to focus on and think about besides my mom and her health issues. Also, the thought of seeing people who I have not seen in years keeps me going.

Hope everyone has a great week.
ColoMtnLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:20 AM   #185
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 153
Start Date: Jan 2001
I am off to the outpatient rehab center in a few minutes.

ColoMtn!ady...It has been two years since our last dog died, so I was ready for a new companion. But I know what you mean. It takes time to grieve.

I will be praying your family gathering goes well and that it is a peaceful and loving gathering.
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 06:41 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/259.5/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
Hi everyone - sorry I haven't been around this weekend. At the Challenger Baseball tournament this past weekend. It rained all day Saturday which was a real pain, but they were able to play Sunday.

I have a doctor's appt tomorrow at 7 AM, he really believes in low-carb. Getting complete bloodwork done, hopefully will be getting some good news to post soon.

Have a great low-carb day! Will post in more detail later
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:00 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/320/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Monday ~ Up early. Training of my new assistant starts today. BBQ yesterday was good, I had chicken, green salad, corn on the cob and a few bites of potato salad.

Bronwyn ~ Hope you are feeling better. I find my 2 bottles of water first thing in the morning, keeps me regular.

Mary ~ Sounds funny. How did rehab go today?

ColoMtnLady
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Not sure why that happened but I'm thinking that is a sign that I better get to work. I'll try to post more after work.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #189
Easily Amused

Gallery: FindingMyWay
Had a bit of a crash and burn this weekend but back on track today.
FindingMyWay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/229/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
All food commercials on TV need to be outlawed after 7pm ... that is all
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:37 PM   #191
Blabbermouth!!!

JoanneO, I found the solution...we got rid of cable and just watch what we want on hulu+.

I logged into the work computer today. Got into most all the systems, sent the emails, there are about 2000+ emails that came in whole I was out that I just moved into a folder to be looked at some point in the future. The boss and I have some conversations to have.
I already have eye strain. Need to see the eye doctor about an eye exam and new glasses and better lighting. Need to hook up my home computer screen so I have a bigger screen to work with or go buy a bigger one. Lost my appetite. That is a good thing, right?

Old 07-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
JoanneO, I found the solution...we got rid of cable and just watch what we want on hulu+.?
We did the same thing....put a "hold" on our DirectTV until October. It is working out pretty well....it's not like we are TV deprived....we have DS's Roku...(Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime). DS is watching better quality programming (there was only a small window to when local channels was available to us, due to the leaves on the trees would block the transmission.....so he is enjoying the PBS shows that he hasn't seen yet!
We did it to save $$...but I can say I am happy we did. We are better off without the Satellite programming at the moment.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #193
Blabbermouth!!!

We did it because we didn't wanr Direct TV to drill holes into the new siding on our house and they weren't willing to put it on our roof or run it around our driveway, so we said by by, we don't need you. We could get comcast but we are getting used to having $75 extra each month. We hace Amazon Prime too but don't use that much and we haven't gotten the netflix yetbecause we don't have a flat screen tv. I have a roku so I am ready if santa brings one this Christmas. We'll see.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:09 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: 212/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
Geez, Labor Day seems so far off by the calender; but by my relative progress, feels like it's just slamming in! But somewhere I need to slip in a trip home to PA (from MS) and possibly a trip to SC for my niece's graduation from Parris Island and a weekend in New Orleans for my husband's birthday. So, yeah, there's time ... but all those things will be fraught with "living" ... i.e., going off plan to enjoy being in the moment. I hate that I fret that, but that is exactly the thing I need to be working on mentally.

Life. Geez.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Trying to get in here before it's tomorrow.LOL Still logging food in computer and eating very 'clean.' Babysat all day. DH went to bed early. I should have but just didn't feel sleepy.

Marsha- Look at it this way- You've been those places before, you've eaten those foods before and you'll be so proud when you get back home if you don't bring a lot of pounds with you! That's what I'm telling myself anyway. Hope I listen to me!

Mary- I know you're so happy with your work bringing back some normalcy. Just don't expect more from yourself than you're ready to give.

sher- Plus, PBS is much better quality tv anyway!

joanne- I agree!! They show a commercial with a beautiful lady and make up then a big burger commercial right after!! Grrrrr

Sally- Sorry about the weekend but happy to see you're back on track today!! You can do it!!

Cindy- Glad you are posting through your situation. I am still praying for you( I mean that). You go girl!!!

Lady- Thanks! So sorry your mom is declining quicker than expected. Hope you have a great weekend with family.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:55 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Day is over and I did better than I have for, it seems like a long time. Going to write in journal and read a new book. Hopefully I will find the file folder that I have lost once I stop looking for it.

Sally ~ Way to get back on track

JoanneO ~ I think that is one of the reasons I don't watch much TV.

Mary ~ That is a lot of emails
Will you be doing most of your work from home?

Denise ~ If it was up to me, we wouldn't even have TV but DH loves sports

Madmarsha ~ I'm attempting to not have going off plan be part of the "enjoying being in the moment" but like you, I haven't wrapped my head around it completely.

Is JustJo on holidays ~ I miss our number #1 cheerleader?

Last edited by cindym; 07-21-2014 at 09:58 PM..
Old 07-21-2014, 09:58 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Oncloud ~ We must have been posting at the same time. Thank you so much for the prayers. Way to go eating clean and logging it in your computer
Old 07-22-2014, 12:53 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoLynn
Stats: 286/238/150
Start Date: Restart Mar '14
We have a package that includes tv, phone, and internet. I probably watch more tv as "white noise" in the room while I surf the web. We have some movie channels but more often than not we do not want to watch what is on. I do like the late night talk shows and HGTV though.

Getting a little frustrated- the scale has not budged in 3-4 weeks It is so easy to stay motivated when the scale keeps showing losses.
JoLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 07:21 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/229/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Thanks for the TV suggestions everyone, I do need to check into the ROKU... right now we use DH's PS3 but it has to be hard-wired to the modem. So the 50 foot ethernet cord gets run down the hall from the living room to the computer room LOL. SO attractive. We do have Amazon Prime and the kids loaded Netflix when they were here house-sitting so now we have that too. If we could get local channels with an antenna, I'd get rid of pay TV in a heartbeat. DH needs his morning news, weather, traffic and a few shows he's hooked on.

JoLynn - hang in there, it'll move.. mine is moving in the wrong direction

Cindy - glad your day went well, how's the new trainee ?

Marsha - same here and I couldn't have said it better .. Life. Geez.

Cloud - great job keeping up with the tracking !

Mary - wow 2000 emails.. just wow

JustJo - hope things are ok, we miss ya

Enjoy the day everyone
Old 07-22-2014, 07:57 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Tuesday ~ Stayed up too late reading and I'm so tired this morning but feeling proud of myself sticking to the plan yesterday.

Today is a long day ~ we have a work party at one of the Thrift Store's that I manage and it is about an hour from home but I've got a plan

JoLynn ~ Sorry the scale isn't cooperating, how are you feeling?

JoanneO ~ Training went great. Thanks for asking. Today she is doing some training on the fundraising software program that we use, giving me a break to get some work done.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-22-2014, 08:00 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Got some rather bad news at my physical. Fasting blood sugar =166. Yuck! He said to keep on Atkins, and he'll check the numbers in 3 months and we'll decide what to do. A1C=6.2 which probably isn't too good either.

The good news is that my blood pressure is normal. Cholesterol stuff is pretty good too triglycerides 92, HDL 78, LDL 92, total 205.

That blood sugar value scares me though. Need to figure out some vitamins that might lower it if possible. Chromium picolinate doesn't seem to be helping.

Have a great low carb day everyone!
Old 07-22-2014, 12:38 PM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Yay! Down another lb this morning. 72lbs. I think I'm in the honeymoon phase of being back really clean eating. Stopped my nuts and pork skin snacks. I just cannot handle portion control yet.Had zucchini sliced longways topped with garlic powder and shredded cheese baked for dinner. So yummy!! Steamed broccoli and grilled chicken also.

Cindy- Yay! for having a plan!!

sk8- Your numbers sound good. Are they an improvement from before this WOE? Cooking veggies sometimes make them sweeter and watch for hidden sugars. I am prediabetic and have to be careful too.

JoLynn- I so can relate. I was stalled so long that I started snacking on legal foods at night and couldn't get focused again. Just got frustrated and felt like I would never lose again. Spent several months bouncing up and down. The only good thing is that I didn't go my usual route and gain back all I had lost!! I just started this past Wednesday logging my food and cutting out nuts and porkskins.(Was eating way too many!).
Old 07-22-2014, 04:53 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Back in here. Not going to snack!
Old 07-22-2014, 07:03 PM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

CindyO - glad training is going so well for you!

oncloud9now2 - you can do it!!!!!! Thanks for your encouraging words.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:38 PM   #205
Blabbermouth!!!

Sk8, just a thought, I found raw veggies to be a big help in lowering blood sugars. Partly because they take so long for the body to digest and they fill the stomach up. They also take us longer to eat. I found when I started eating raws it would take me longer to eat my meal, getting me closer to the magic 20 min marker which is what the body needs to get to to know it is satisfied. I eat some cooked but try to minimize them because it is almost like eating a predigested veggie. That is why they taste so much sweeter. Everyone in my family had diabetes but me, five brothers and my mom. My dad died too young from cancer, so he was gone before he had a chance to get it. But sugars love cancer. They feed on cancer cells.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:07 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

I made it through the day. Just home now and I'm so tired but again feeling proud of myself.

Tomorrow, we are giving my new assistant a tour and it takes almost all of the day. I feel very proud of everything that I am helping accomplish for the people that we serve.

sk8termom ~ Sorry about the bad news but awesome about the good news. Just imagine how bad it might have been if you weren't working so hard on your eating plan.

Oncloud ~ you are doing so GREAT

Mary ~ You are such a wealth of information. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Down another 1/2 lb this morning. 5 and 1/2 lbs first week of tracking food! I know some was fluid but it looks so good watching the scale go down again finally. It really makes me think before putting anything in my mouth knowing I have to plug it into my daily food log!

Thanks, sk8!! I'm trying really hard!

Mary- I agree with Cindy! I love the little tidbits you mention!

Cindy- Way to go!! So proud of you!! Hope your assistant is helping you out a lot! You deserve it!
Old 07-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #208
Blabbermouth!!!

I love sharing the tidbits too.

I just got home from the rehab and will be starting work in half hour. TaDa! Say a prayer! Will report back, I promise.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:56 PM   #209
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ColoMtnLady
Stats: 296/216/140
Start Date: Jan 2014
Way to go Cloud. I am so happy you are back on track (pun intended). After losing as much as you did I am so glad you are continuing your journey.

Anybody know where JustJo is?I have missed her cheerleading and wondering how she is doing.
ColoMtnLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Cloud: Way to go!! Congrats!! You must feel AWESOME to have that scale moving again!!
I've been tracking on the Atkins App.....its a pain....but I like the info it provides. Carbs vs Fats vs Protein....plus calories.

Jo is around....She utilizing her fantastic cheerleading skills on another thread...Hard Core '72 (I hope I'm allowed to divulge that....I just want everyone to know that Jo is fine and well). That is one inspirational lady....there are a couple on that thread that have lost a tremendous amount of weight....and all are mentoring and cheering the group on. I'm sure she'll be back to cheer everyone on!

I apologize if I don't mention everyone individually.....I have a hard time with that (remembering....keeping track)...and my screen doesn't let me scroll up to see what I've missed.
It is wicked hot here in upstate NY....and I will be heading home soon from work. There are supposed to be severe t-storms....I sure hope they cool things off a bit.
BTW....I made the pumpkin egg cream....and for you pumpkin pie fans....that is what it tastes like! YUM! Just thought I'd share that info. I know I'll be using that recipe a lot this Fall.

I'm wishing everyone a wonderful LC day!! Will check back later!!