Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 08:50 AM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/320/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Friday ~ Event last night was good even though the building didn't have any air conditioning and it was so hot. Another big fire is causing even more smoke. This one causing many evacuations.

I'm up a pound this week but I'm also retaining lots of water, hands and feet are swollen.

Going to work very hard on not letting the number on the scale get the best of me.

Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?

Sally ~ Glad your pain is better.

Strawberry on quitting smoking. That is a HUGE accomplishment.

JoanneO ~ How is your resume looking?

JoLynn ~ I've been craving a good steak

Denise

ColoMtnLady ~ Sorry to hear about your Mom but how awesome that you are planning a get together AND taking care of yourself.

Mary ~ Any word about your job? How is the new addition to your family?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #152
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/234/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Hi Cindy - I've got a good start on the resume, just need to tweak it up a bit. Things have changed dramatically since I last had to look for a job.

Went down to the local Career Center to see if I could make an appointment to speak with someone, they require you do a 2 hour "Career Center Overview" first, and then if you have further questions you can make a one on one appointment. Ugh. Not really what I need, but I'm all signed up for Tuesday.
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Cindy - do you also crave salt when it get hot ? I do, which just makes retaining so much worse !
Old 07-18-2014, 12:40 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Ok, I went back to tracking my food on a computer site. I don't know what made me think I could do it without weighing and measuring! It obviously hasn't worked in the past so I don't know why I thought I could do it now!! Serious portion issues!! Started Wednesday and had lost 2 lbs yesterday and one lb today. Fluid I'm sure but I'll take it!! Plugging in my food from now on!!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:44 PM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
Start Date: Jan 2001
I just got an email that they approved me to work to 4 hr days next week ... One on Wed afternoon and again on Friday. They have started to reactivate my ID's and Monday I will attempt to login to see if they work by sending an email to my old boss. I am excited.

I see my doctor Thursday and then every two weeks for an update where hopefully she will add additional time. I am hoping to be back to full time by September. Yeh!

This week I prayed and put it all in God's Hands. I figured if God wanted me working there it would happen. I figured I really am in His Service and will work wherever He wants me to. If He wants me to work now or later, it will be. I really let go. I was ready to enjoy the rest of the summer if they said No. Oh well! They said Yes!

MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:39 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Oncloud - WOOHOO !

Mary - that's wonderful !!!
Old 07-18-2014, 04:50 PM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 317/282/130
Start Date: June 2014
Joanne - Spend some time online looking up possible interview questions before going on your first interview. I was in the same job for over 13 years and never really had to interview much for any job I've had prior to that one. I did some research prior and found a list of the 50 most asked interview questions. I only gave them a cursory glance because I thought "no way will I get asked this stuff". Imagine my surprise when they ended up being the exact questions I was asked and I was not prepared with answers. I bombed the interview.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement on the not smoking. I have been craving sweets like crazy. I ended up buying an electronic hookah. There is no nicotine in it, only a strawberry flavor. I am using it very sparingly though as I'm really not sure if these things are harmful or not.
Strawberry Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:18 PM   #158
Blabbermouth!!!

Strawberry, the only articles I read that says those hookahs aren't dangerous are the companies that are selling them. What makes me angry is that they are marketing them to children in our schools. It is just not right. And they are not regulated. INHO, just another form of poison. If you need sweets, use stevis or splenda in some tea, or have a sf ice pop or some cherries or grapes or even a real strawberry.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:39 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: 212/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
Got my woosh. Can I lose 12 pounds till Labor Day?
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:15 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoLynn
Stats: 286/241/150
Start Date: Restart Mar '14
Cindy-Make sure you walk more when it is hot. I'll swell up like crazy if I sit to long especially in the heat.

Great news Mary. One step at a time.

Congratulations Madmarsha and Oncloud for the losses!

Strawberry -We are all rooting for you! Stay strong!

Colo- So nice you can be there for your mom.

Don't have much planned over the weekend, but my niece is visiting from SD and we are planning some fun day trips to Monterey Bay aquarium, Six Flags, and Santa Cruz during the week ( I hate weekend crowds!) All of those locations I relate to food. Aquarium-chowder bread bowls, Six Flags & Santa Cruz-carnival food! Ugg! When I used to visit those places I always thought ahead as to what yummy treat I was going to get. Now it doesn't seem so fun. So much of the "entertainment" was surrounded by the food. I'm going to need extraordinary resolve in order to fight my urges this week.
I will cook ahead and a variety of foods to bring.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:16 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/264/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
No excuses here - but I had a bad night. Didn't eat enough during the day and had 2 large chocolate chip cookies last night. Time to jump back on. Eating 4 eggs w/melted cheese this morning.

Going to an out-of-town Challenger Baseball tournament today and tomorrow. This is a special needs tournament, and I'm one of the volunteers. My 16 year old son is autistic and looks forward to going. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

Have a great weekend everyone!
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:11 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Strawberry - thanks for that tip, I did come across a website while working on my resume that listed "12 most asked interview questions" and I printed it up.. one of the things I did in my last job was interviewing people, but it was a very specific, structured interview.

JoLynn - my brother and family live in the Almaden area and he's taken me to both places - love it out there

sk8tr - good luck to your son and all the players .. way to jump right back in

Busy weekend - cookout today at the kids and cookouts tmw at father-in-law's. Bringing food, but not feeling the will power to avoid the bad stuff today .. hopefully by the time I get there I'll be ok
Old 07-19-2014, 06:36 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/284/130
WOE: Atkins, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Good Morning All!!
Popping in to say ...congrats on the losses! And for those who went OP...today is a new day!
I will try to pop in later.....
Wishing everyone a wonderful and blessed LC day!
sherlocklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:26 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Still tracking my food! I am still focused!
Old 07-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #165
Easily Amused

Gallery: FindingMyWay
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Still on plan and woke up with a scratchy throat that the rest of my family also has .
FindingMyWay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #166
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi everyone. Taking it easy today. Did a little cooking. Had a gigantic salad for lunch, something different from what I have been eating this past week. Tonight I am having a treat. Tofu and pumpkin...sort of like a pudding. It's been a while since I ate it.

Congrats to the losers. I am holding steady. Darn!
Old 07-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Sk8- You can do it!! We can't be perfect every day!

MaryMary- Sounds like you're getting back closer to how you were eating before the accident. Now that you're going to be working some too, maybe things will seem more normal for you!
Old 07-19-2014, 06:14 PM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Still tracking my food!
Old 07-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday ~ Feeling down again today. Seems like my get up and go, got up and left. (That is something my Mom used to say.)

JoanneO~ Hope something good comes out of the interview and yes, I crave salt

Oncloud ~ So awesome that your focus is back

Great news Mary

Strawberry ~ Sorry you are having cravings but hang in there, quitting smoking is so awesome

Madmarsha

JoLynn ~ Walking more is awesome idea. Your weekend sounds fun and way to go with a plan to avoid the urges.

sk8termom ~ Have fun at the tournament and hope the weather cooperates.

Denise ~ Enjoy your day.

Sally ~ Feel better soon.
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 11:12 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Happy Saturday ~ Feeling down again today. Seems like my get up and go, got up and left. (That is something my Mom used to say.)
Cindy, I dunno why you're down but how about something that I like to say, Fake it till you make it. Not saying it's easy or anything but I just decided to be happy. Sure, I'm happy about the weight I lost; but that's not what is inherently making me feel happy. I know it's easier said than done; but some days, "faking it" is all we have and then we find we're not dwelling on the things that we think are keeping us from being happy.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:50 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning! I am down another pound today! Yay!! 71lbs. I am still tracking my food on computer. Hope I can keep this focus going! So far, so good!!

Thanks, Cindy. I'm trying hard. Sorry about your mood. I totally understand. Have problems with depression myself.

Marsha- I too fake it sometimes, especially in public. It's just harder when you're home alone. I have not been as down lately and I think that has helped my focus too.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #172
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning.
Went for a walk with Binzi. Whether I want to go out or not, he comes and greets me with a smile on his face and his tail wagging, just what the doctor ordered. He makes me smile. Smiles are healing. I do believe.so later today, we will go to the park for another walk. And I do believe that Binzi has a bit of compulsive overeater in him. He can gobble up his morning meal in no time at all. I have to measure it out or he will get fat. He is niw getting a grain free holistic salmon veggie/fruit mix of healthy stuff. Gotta make sure he gets his nutrients. He probably eats better that 75% of the American population.

Has anyone seen the interview between two men where I think one is a politician and one a journalist. At the end of the interview the politician is speechless for at least 15 seconds when he realizes he has been had. He was set up. The journalist asks him who has the best medical care in the world. He answers America of course. The politician says we send doctors to third world countries to care for people who have no doctors. The journalist shows him a video of a helicoptor flying into a remote village where teiage is setup and doctors are treating people who have no one. The journalist asks the politician is he recognizes the area. The politician days no. The journalist says it is Knoxville Tennesse. The politician didn't know what to say. He was had. Even with Obamacare people still have no health care. Obamacare is a joke. Many people were better off before. Many seniors were according to my senior friends. I dread the day we have to retire and sign up for Medicare now.

Still recording my food and weight is holding steady.
Old 07-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/284/130
WOE: Atkins, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Mary: one word....Amen!
Since Obamacare began....I pay $50 more a month....for the SAME mediocre (at best) healthcare that I've had. My SIL received a letter that she had been dropped from her health insurance. And my DH's old job is now mandating physicals for all of their employees....so they can be quoted what their premium will be (overweight, smoker, diabetic, etc....will be charged more). It is a sad state of affairs indeed!
sherlocklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:06 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Back home from church and watching the Nascar Nationwide Race on DVR from last night.
Just had my lunch and am about to plug into my tracker.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:03 PM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Sunday ~ Just out of the shower to go to a BBQ, I had a very lazy morning.

Madmarsha ~ Things are not good at home. DH and I seem to be drifting apart and yes, I use the fake it till I make it, every day at work and all the events that I have to attend but I am honest with this group.

Way to go Oncloud

Mary ~ Awesome that things are working out with Binzi. Have not seen that video, but of course, medical is very different in Canada.

Denise
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:18 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
Hi Guys! I've been away from the internet for a number of days, but have been thinking about you all! I've behaved but dealing with chronic and painful constipation. Lots of posts to read, too!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #177
Blabbermouth!!!

Cindy you would have enjoyed the video. It was entirely satirical. Canada was mentioned as were other countries because this politician thought he had all his ducks in a row and he really didn't. I wish I could find the link. Let me look for it.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:31 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Bron- Maybe try to get flaxmeal in your diet. I use it to make muffins. You can also sprinkle over a salad. It has been my life saver.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #179
Blabbermouth!!!

Bronwyn, I use flaxmeal in smoothies. Eggplant will do it for me too. All those little seeds. Cut out the eggs & dairy for a while. It is a binding agent. Eat veggies and a little driedfruit juice like prunes or apricots.
Old 07-20-2014, 07:21 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

I use a hemp protein powder with fiber (and sometimes I add flaxseed but not often) for my nearly daily smoothie. That along with staying fully hydrated is what I believe keeps me regular. I also take a spoonful of flax seed oil every day.