Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2014, 06:46 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/232/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Mary - congrats on no more cane, that's wonderful !

Bronywn - you are doing so well, great job sticking to a plan !

Cloud9 - hope you are feeling better soon

sk8trmom - congrats, a loss is a loss, no matter how much.. and yes, back on plan yesterday, lost 2 pounds.. mainly water I know, but I'll take it ! I'm a slow loser too, but I'm ok with it. Just need to be more consistent with my food choices

Denise - congrats on your 3 pound loss !

Meeting a friend for dinner tonight, will be checking out the menu online beforehand. And then stick with my choice

Enjoy your day everyone

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2014, 07:06 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/322/200
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Tuesday ~ Yesterday was a sad day, I went to the celebration of life for a 14 year old boy who died from a boating accident but after, I was reading a quote on facebook and it is really hitting home. Not sure who wrote it.

"Happiness is a choice, not a result. Nothing will make you happy until you choose to be happy. No person will make you happy unless you decide to be happy. Your happiness will come to you. It can only come from you."

Back JoanneO ~ Glad that you had fun on your vacation and so awesome that 2 of the vacation pounds are gone already.

Denise ~ Not only on the pounds gone but on feeling better.

sk8termom ~ I have always believed that slow and steady win the race.

JustJo ~ I'm happy that maintenance is working so well for you and thanks for the reminder that we get what we wish for

Mary ~ Awesome news about the cane.

Bronwyn ~ I'm sure that Dr. will be very happy with your losses.

Sally ~ Cheers for another good day today.

Oncloude ~ Feel better soon
Old 07-15-2014, 07:09 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Me again .... person who wrote the quote is Ralph Marston.
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:50 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindym View Post
Me again .... person who wrote the quote is Ralph Marston.
Abraham Lincoln (who is said to have had serious bouts of depression) said something similar to the effect that people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:27 PM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: thecloude1
Stats: 325/261/150
Start Date: February 4, 2013
Glad to see everyone is chugging along.....things are going good here....had a couple bumps in the road but was able to jump right back in the saddle
Had a yummy supper...sautéed lobster chunks in butter with a side of green beans.

Have a great evening ladies!!
thecloude1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: 212/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
I CAN do the no cheese thing AND it keeps me from gorging on nuts, too, cos I eat those in tandem. Still glad it's a temporary/once in a while thing but I CAN do it when everything else is going smoothly. Now, that said, I'm not down in weight; but now I know I can do two weeks and REALLY test the no-dairy experiment.

Other than that, I'm really boring. I'm just chugging along chugging my water and eating the same boring stuff I keep in the house that keeps me "honest". Tomorrow night we will eat out but at a familiar place (hopefully Longhorn. LOVE their porterhouse for 2).
LDL: 191
Madmarsha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:52 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Love that quote Cindy. Speaks to me now; I think depression is the main thing that is wrong with me. I do have bouts with it but am trying to do better.

Still not gaining but also not losing. If I were only at goal weight now, I'd be set!!!LOL
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:07 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
HUGE to all those that had losses today, especially sk8termom, and sherlocklab! Weeeeeehooooo you all are rockin' this!!

For those that didn't, remember the scales are EVIL!!

sherlocklabs-- Awwwwww shucks thanks, Denise for the kind words!!

Joanne-- Where'd you go to dinner & most importantly what did you have?

Cindy-- I love your quote!! Yep maintenance is working well, no gain no loss!! That's always a good thing!

Marsha-- I hear you about the "gorging" on nuts and cheese. Let us know how your no dairy thing goes!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Hump Day and continued success on your personal Labor Day Challenge Goals!!

Jo =]
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:54 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/264/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
Thank you everyone for your encouragement after my 1/2 lb loss. It really helps keep me going.

My youngest son, 15 years old, his baseball team got eliminated from the playoffs last night. It was so hard on him...

Have a great day everyone!
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:43 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Wednesday ~ Up since 4am laying in bed thinking about all the things I needed to do today. Should have really just got up and got some of them done

A couple of LONG days coming up, followed by my new assistant starting on Monday. I find training absolutely exhausting.

sk8termom ~ Lessons from team sports are so important. How awesome that your DS plays.

JustJo ~ Very grateful for your continued positive encouragement.

Oncloud ~ We can do this

Madmarsha ~ Porterhouse for 2

Michele ~ your dinner sounded

Patience ~ Love quotes from Abraham Lincoln. Always funny how some just speak to me at certain times.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:59 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindym View Post
Happy Wednesday ~ Up since 4am laying in bed thinking about all the things I needed to do today. Should have really just got up and got some of them done
Cindy I had to laugh at this, I did the same thing this morning !! Hoping that your new assistant will catch on quickly, that makes training so much easier

thecloude - mmmm lobstah

oncloud - hang in there

Jo - went to Chili's, had their chicken thats topped with cheese and bacon and some broccoli. Did have a small Sam Adams and 2 chips with guacamole. Ended up down a pound and a half from yesterday, so not bad
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #132
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
I am always amazed at how some of you can manage to write one note and mention everyone. Let me try it.

Joanne, happy you had a great vacation, wish I could be traveling. Once I get my wheels I will be. I was hoping to be starting back at work today but the company has to approve the accommodations.

CindyM, one thing I learned while out was to write down things as I think of them on the Reninders list thing in my Ipad or in a notebook so I don't have to keep thinking about them, then in the morning, I just pick the ones that I can take care of first. It has helped a bunch in prioritizing.

Skatermom, good going on the 1/2 lb loss. Sorry your son lost. But good on the tries!

Just Jo, good going with maintenance. I am starting to think I am at a new maintenance for me and just have to accept that the accident changed things permanently.

Oncloudnine2, I suffer from a low grade depression that I just get used to, but do know that consistent healthy eating makes a big difference. Staying away from sugars and white flour, processed crap makes a big sifference.

Madmarsha, I can't eat nuts or cheese either or I get terrible stomach pains. It ain't worth. I experimented a few times when I would forget why. It's a permanent thing now. Good luck.

The cloude, lobster sounds good. We had some in Cape Cod on the 4th of July, fresh out of the ocean, really sweet tasting. It was the first lobstah I had in a couple years. Yum!

Patience, I didn't know old Abe had depression too, but he never looked too happy after he cut down the cherry tree.

I probably missed someone but if I back up I will loose it all. Here's hoping everything works out at my workplace and I can go back oarttime this week or next. I hate the thought of having to wait until I am ready to go full time.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:03 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Mary - keeping my fingers crossed for you to be able to get back to work soon ! I'm now ready to start looking, heading down to unemployment tomorrow, really need some direction and assistance with my resume. Last time I applied for a job was in 1999 .. gotta figure out what I want to be when I grow up
Old 07-16-2014, 05:33 PM   #134
Easily Amused

Gallery: FindingMyWay
I'm having TMJ issues. I ate frozen blueberries in cream yesterday instead of real food because I couldn't chew. Today it's a bit better. I just had a big taco salad for supper. Yum
FindingMyWay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: 212/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
Oh, I'm no good at responding individually. Just let me give a big group hug and shout out to all you lovelies, okay?

I suppose being lactose intolerant would "help" with the no dairy thing. lol I do love my cheese, tho, so I'm glad I'm not. The nuts are just something I tend to substitute "binge" behavior for whereas before it was, you know, the crackers, cookies, bread, stuff like that. It's all a learning ... or re-learning, I suppose -- process while going about regular daily living.

No new number but saw my old number. So I thought, I can do this, and commenced the "drill". Do you all do this? You take everything off (including hair ties), go to the bathroom. Got down half a pound. I said, Hey, I can do better. Tried to find the "sweet spot" on the floor. Went UP a pound. How is that even possible? LOL Arrgg. That's why I weigh but don't let it rule my success or failure. It's so arbitrary!
Madmarsha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:49 AM   #136
Blabbermouth!!!

Madmarsha, I saw a clip on Facebook yesterday about putting away the scale. Reason is it is so deceiving. It is better to use your clothes as an indicator. It showed two pics of a gal. In one she weighed 128 and the other 137. But in the 137, she had been working out and building muscle, was slim and trim and was obviously at least a size smaller. A pound of muscle and a pound of fat and a pound of feathers ALL weigh the same but take yp different VOLUME requirements. I used to only weigh once a month when I was losing.

FindingMyWeigh, a year agi I had a AtMJ attack for 3 weeks from too much gum chewing. I started putting my veggies and all my food in the blender for a few weeks. It worked. Jaw got beter and I could eat normally again except I gave up gum permanently.

JoanneO, I wish I could help you with your resume. I used to type them up for folks. What kind of job are you looking for?
Old 07-17-2014, 04:17 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/264/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
Quick drive-by today. Have to go to work, then to a behavior counseling appt with my high-functioning 16 year old autistic son (not the baseball player), then taking my 15 year old to a required drivers ed class. Won't get home until almost 10 PM. Have a wonderful low carb day everyone!
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:03 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Marsha - same here ! I've started weighing daily, more to reinforce how well I stick to plan than to gauge success. When I was weighing weekly, I was not as careful with what and how much I was eating mid-way thru the week. I still fall off plan, but it's easier to get back on track for me this way.. perfect example, had a handful of salted cashews last night, up .6 this morning. No more of those !

Mary - good question ! I'm thinking I'd like something along the lines of an office admin job. Not at all interested in doing what I was before - manager in a call center - although the skills I have from that position should carry over. As for my resume, I think I need to stop procrastinating and just do it. It's so easy to get distracted !
Old 07-17-2014, 06:18 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
A pound of muscle and a pound of fat and a pound of feathers ALL weigh the same but take up different VOLUME requirements.

This is a good something to remember.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:19 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/289/130
WOE: Atkins, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Hello everyone!!
Popping in to say hello! Its a beautiful....blue sky day!!

Sally: I feel for you. As a young adult...I had severe TMJ issues. My jaw would lock...where I couldn't shut it all of the way. It was so painful. I even had braces as a teenager to straighten and try to fix the TMJ. It finally resolved itself when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. I can tell you...I do NOT miss those issues. So sorry you have to go through that...

Mary: I'm with you...the longer I go between weigh ins....I'm better off. I would love to be able to weigh in once a month...the problem is...curiousity gets the better of me. There are days that I "feel" thinner (I know it sounds wierd... but that is the only way I can explain it)....so I weigh myself...and so far, I've had a loss on those days. Today I felt a little "bloated"....and weighed...just to see what the numbers would be... and I'm exactly the same...no gain, no loss from Tuesday . So I think I'll only weigh on the days I "feel" thinner!

I sure hope everyone has a wonderul LC day!!
sherlocklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:20 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Thursday ~ With being so busy, the week is flying by. 4am is my new 6:30am which won't work for long unless I adjust what time I'm going to bed. LOL

Air quality is terrible and our valley is really smoky from all of the wild fires burning around us. Scary and looks like this is going to be a very bad year.

Denise ~ I agree, there are definitely days where I feel thinner

Patience ~ How are you?

JoanneO ~ Great minds think alike. I had posted it on FB and several others had the same thing happen. Maybe the moon?? Good luck with the resume and getting a fabulous new job. There are some great samples on line.

sk8termom ~ Enjoy your busy day.

Mary ~ Hoping everything works out with your job and thanks for the reminder about muscles, fat and feathers.

Madmarsha ~ I used to weigh every day but have since stopped because I was obsessed and only weigh once a week, first thing in the morning and like you, I would get off and on and off and on but now - I get on once, take the number and move on with my day.

Sally ~ TMJ sounds very painful, I'm glad it is starting to feel better.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:50 AM   #142
Easily Amused

Gallery: FindingMyWay
I felt my jaw slide into place last night and I could bring my teeth together again. Pain is much better today. I haven't weighed yet today but am nervous to because the number on the scale hasn't been moving and really bums me out. I kind of wish I didn't buy a scale.
FindingMyWay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingMyWay View Post
I felt my jaw slide into place last night and I could bring my teeth together again. Pain is much better today. I haven't weighed yet today but am nervous to because the number on the scale hasn't been moving and really bums me out. I kind of wish I didn't buy a scale.
Glad you're feeling better ! Sometimes we're better off paying attention to things other than the scale ... Are your clothes fitting better? Are your measurements changing? Do you have more energy ? If yes to any of these, then you have made progress, no matter what that evil scale says
Old 07-17-2014, 09:39 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 317/284/130
Start Date: June 2014
Hi everyone.

Tuesday was my weigh day, and I stayed the same. I've been bummed about that, but then today I realized I also haven't smoked in over a week. I finally quit smoking! And it didn't cause me to gain or go off plan. I'm thinking I may have been snacking a bit more at night to compensate for not smoking. Or maybe that modified Taco Bell salad really did me more harm than I thought. But either way, I'm counting this week as a victory and hoping to see a loss next week.
Strawberry Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:46 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoLynn
Stats: 286/243/150
Start Date: Restart Mar '14
My pattern is to lose 7-8 lbs over 3 weeks and then to hold steady 3 to 4 weeks. I'm on my third week of holding steady so I'm hoping for a big drop soon.
Sally-Hopefully you will show some drop in the scale soon!

DH grilled the best tri-tip for dinner Topped it off with steamed broccoli and sauteed mushrooms.
JoLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:50 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/289/130
WOE: Atkins, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Strawberry : Yay you!! Quitting smoking is NOT an easy task.... And you are well on your way! Good for you! I quit 2years ago and though I did gain weight....it's the best thing I ever did! If you ever feel like you are going to slip....don't grab a cigarette....grab one of those electric cigs.... It will get you over the hump....and keep you off of the real ones. What a wonderful accomplishment !!!

Happy Friday all!!! Yay! We have completed another week!! You all should be proud of all of your accomplishments (big and small) this week!!

Wishing everyone a blessed LC day!
sherlocklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:13 AM   #147
Blabbermouth!!!

Strawberry, congrats on giving up the butts! And since e-cigarettes are nearly as dangerous as the cigarettes that you just gave up, I woul not recommend that you have one if you have an urge. I was always one to suggest that when we are changing one addictive behavior, we have to repkace it with another behavior, hopefully a healthy behavior, so when we started our journey to get healthier, eat healthier, give up the crappy sugars and processed foods, we started choosing a healthier cuisine, possibly getting more fresh air, and thinking of things to do that don't involve food. When I quit smoking 40 years ago after a two pack a day habit, I turned to food, not the right way to do it, I know know. But I never started smoking again. The articles I read suggested eating veggie sticks and cherries & grapes. Things to help the blood sugar levels, that nicoltine had compromised. My problem was that I had also eaten the stuff we do 't eat, sugar and white processed crap. If I hadn't eaten that, it wouldn't have been as bad.

I would suggest walking, or other exercise, protein drinks or bars, veggie sticks or cherries or grapes, writing down the feeling or journaling because the feelings will come up, just like they do when we stop eating our comfort foods, call people like a support system, hang around non smokers, do non smoking avtivities. And pray. It never hurts to ask the big One for help. But don't smoke, no matter what. You are doing a great job!
Old 07-18-2014, 05:51 AM   #148
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ColoMtnLady
Stats: 296/216/140
Start Date: Jan 2014
Strawberry - congratulations on the quitting smoking. It is so important to not smoke. My mom has been a smoker since her early teens and it has caught up with her. A couple of weeks ago they found a malignant tumor the size of a pear in her left lung. Untreatable and inoperable. The doctors gave her about six months. She is only 72 but this is not her only health issue, all caused by smoking.

I have been trying to help her through this last phase of her life. I have organized a get together and all of her grandkids (from LA, TX, WA and CO) will be there and both my siblings and a few of her cousins. She is really looking forward to this. I am glad to be able to do this for her.

I have been sticking to my food plan and still losing slowly but surely. I know the next few months will be very stressful but I am determined to stick to my food plan and take care of me, as much as I can, through this process.
ColoMtnLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:40 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Strawberry - way to go on quitting smoking, great job ! I quit 3 years ago, and glad I did

Colo - what a great thing to do for your mom and the whole family

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 07-18-2014, 07:52 AM   #150
Blabbermouth!!!

ColoMtnLady, so thoughtful...I can only hope my kids might do the same for me if and when the time might come. It would be great to see everyone one ladt time.