Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 154
Start Date: Jan 2001
Cindy, I just wrote a response and it got wipe out. The primary book is the Tapping Solution by Nick Ortner and he has a Utube channel too. His sister, Jessica wrote a companion book that I am reading now called the Tapping Solution for Weight Loss and Body Confidence. Here is a link to her page Jessica Ortner. You can download the first two chapters and see if you like what you see. I am actually seeing an EFT coach/counselor who is guiding me. The woman is a bonafide counselor and I worked with her years ago. When my doctor recommended this for my recovery this spring I looked her up.

MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2014, 01:34 PM   #92
Easily Amused

Gallery: FindingMyWay
Thanks for the encouragement ladies. I haven't owned a scale in several years. My weight is 15 pounds past my all time high. I have no idea what I weighed two weeks ago before I started.
But I know eating on plan is the only thing that's going to get me results so onward I go.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
FindingMyWay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 03:24 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherlocklabs View Post
Morning All....
Checking in! Weighed in this morning....down a pound (that's 3 pounds this week).
I am on track to be down a dress size by Labor Day.
Everyone is doing great! Even those who had some carbey snacks....It's all good...You ate it, it's done, move on. There will be days like that (hopefully not consecutively...)...but it happens.
Watching my DS play soccer...running to the farm store to get more Zucchini squash, to make a zucchini pizza crust for a LC pizza tonight...and getting chores done around the house. It's a beautiful day...I wish everyone a wonderful LC day!
Huge on the 3 lbs this week!! You are rockin' your LC WOE!! Weeeehooooooo
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoLynn
Stats: 286/238/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Restart Mar '14
Today had a burger for lunch and dinner. Didn't want to think about what to eat so just went for the easiest. It's what I had on hand

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!
JoLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:37 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoLynn View Post
Today had a burger for lunch and dinner. Didn't want to think about what to eat so just went for the easiest. It's what I had on hand

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!
Easiest is sometimes the best, IMHO! If I think too much about food, it makes me hungry and I know it's not true hunger...
Old 07-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/260/130
WOE: Atkins 72, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Morning All! I hope everyone had a great day yesterday !
Cindy: there are 2 recipes for the zucchini pizza crust...both from blogs. The one I tried yesterday was from My Humble Kitchen (review: meh...was okay. I may have made the crust too thick. I didn't have a 15" pizza stone...so I had to use 2 regular pizza pans. I may cut the recipe in half and use 2 pans...for a thin crust). The other recipe is on another blog called Oatmeal With A Fork. The ingredients look good....and the amount of zucchini is reasonable....so that will be my next tester!
I made myself a Cinnamon Sugar-Buster Muffin for breakfast this morning (recipe from the Muffins To Slim By book). It was okay...something a little different for a break from the norm....and only 2 net carbs (5 grams fiber!!).
Going to do a little laundry...and spend some time with DS today. I'm going to make a beef roast....and a roast chicken today (dinner and lunches/quick meals for the week).
I wish everyone a blessed Son-day!
sherlocklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:31 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sk8termom
Stats: 291/259.5/170
WOE: modified Atkins
Start Date: April 1, 2014
good morning all! Heading out to a Challenger Baseball (special needs) baseball game with 2 of my kids. I'm usually out on the field helping out with throwing practice. Hope the weather holds out!

Went to a Chinese buffet last night - had shrimp, and egg foo yung, salmon, onions, broccoli and sauteed green beans. Tasted great. Discovered if I mix hot mustard sauce with ranch dressing, I get a fairily low carb tasty dipping sauce for the shrimp, as well as good flavoring for the egg foo yung.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
sk8termom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:20 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/320/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Sunday ~ funk is not gone but sun is shinning and I'm going outside to enjoy. No meetings and nothing to do today. Looking forward to relaxing and hopefully feel energized.

Thanks Mary ~ I have signed up. Sorry your first post got wiped out.

Sally ~ Positive encouragement is always so helpful.

Jo ~ "Easy" sounds good and might help me stop thinking about food all day and night. Thanks.

JustJo ~ I'm not sure I even know what true "hunger" is

sherlocklabs ~ Great that you are experimenting.

sk8termom ~ Have fun and your Chinese dinner sounds
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:46 PM   #99
Easily Amused

Went to a family potluck yesterday. I made good choices. Veggies and dip, a couple pieces of strawberries,a couple chunks of cantaloupe, some cheese cubes and a piece of roast chicken. Drank water with Crystal lite drops. My son offered to buy me an ice cream come after but I declined.
Cindy, I hope you enjoy your day and it helps you get out of your funk.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:54 PM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

It has been an emotional couple of days at home with DD. It is very hard to talk about but I didn't eat over it, I journaled liked crazy and I tried to stay in the moment because thinking of the future was too scary. Everytime I did think of the future I would start crying.

I am just happy she is alive and has another day to live.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:14 PM   #101
Easily Amused

(((((Mary))))). I'm so sorry life has to be so hard sometimes.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:21 PM   #102
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 317/273/130
Start Date: June 2014
I was out with some friends last night who wanted to go through Taco Bell. I was starving, so I decided to get a chicken taco salad without the taco shell bowl it comes in or the rice. I knew it still wasn't a good choice because I have no idea what they put in their taco sauce. But I forgot they also put beans in it and little pieces of fried tortilla strips. So I have no idea how many carbs that salad cost me.

I'm trying not to beat myself up over it. This has been my first slip up since I started a month ago. It just reinforces the fact that I need to figure out a way to always be prepared in case I get hungry. I also think I caved because Taco Bell (as bad as it is) was my favorite place to eat.
Strawberry Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:19 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: 212/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
I always go for easy, what I have on hand. And it's always the same thing. I can eat the same thing day in, day out. I can't get to my favorite salad restaurant for lunch every day; but when I can, I tend to always make the same basic salad. I'm giving up cheese this week so it'll be different in that respect; but for a person who doesn't consider herself habitual, when it comes to eating at home, I am.

Strawberry, I wouldn't begin to know what I could get at Taco Bell. At a burger place, I'd get a burger without the bun; and without all the carbs to spike my BS, it'd almost satisfy me for a little bit. Generally, tho, it doesn't take a huge volume of protein to fill me up. But at Taco Bell, I'd just have to go without if a reasonable salad wasn't an option. We used to love to eat at TB; and I've got to say, it was a huge reason we gave up the carbs. We just never felt good afterwards.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:42 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all! Today is a new day....and hoping everyone has a blessed one.
I roasted a chicken and a beef roast yesterday....so lunches and dinners over the next couple of days are covered. DS has two soccer games this week....and the scramble to eat and get to the field can be a problem if there isn't a meal plan in place.
Weekend is over....*sigh*.....back to work.
Wishing everyone a wonderful LC day/week!
Old 07-14-2014, 04:55 AM   #105
Blabbermouth!!!

Good morning,

Feeling better. Saying my morning prayers to start the day off on the right foot. Had organic free range eggs yesterday for the first time in ten months. Was a nice change. Will do every so often.

Reading Jessica Ortner's book. Especially the section on how words can hurt. We have all heard that sometimes we eat to numb pain so we don't have to feel it quite so strong. When I saw that chapter, it hit a chord after this past week. Many hurtful words were said and my heart was still in pain. I am trying not to overeat but as a result, am still feeliing the pain. Will try the tapping this morning to see if it helps.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/320/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Monday ~ Enjoyed having a day off yesterday except I sat for too long in the sun and feeling a bit sunburned today. Funk is lifting but not gone. I am going to start reading the first 2 free chapters of the book Mary suggested.

Mary ~ We are here to listen whenever you feel like talking.

Sally ~ Way to go with making good choices.

Strawberry ~ Today is a new day and beating yourself up won't help

Madmarsha ~ I'm looking forward to hearing how things go without cheese

Denise ~ Agreed, I couldn't have used an extra day to my weekend.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:16 AM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Busy day at work today - have a lot going on at home too. Made some chicken thighs for lunches yesterday, also used my crockpot to make a pork roast (with salsa, onion and spices). Came out great and the meat was only $1.49/lb

Strawberry - I'm sure you will be fine. Just get back on track today
Old 07-14-2014, 11:40 AM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
Sounds like you're all doing well. I'm not doing so well myself. Haven't felt well the last few days so I usually don't eat that well. Haven't gone over board but do have portion control issues. Nothing new about that for me.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:55 PM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/229/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Hi all !! Back from vacation, had a wonderful time, but totally blew my plan and gained 7 pounds in 8 days... ugh. Back to it today and onward

Haven't yet caught up with everyone's posts yet, will try later .. hope everyone is doing well
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:14 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Fields View Post
I was out with some friends last night who wanted to go through Taco Bell. I was starving, so I decided to get a chicken taco salad without the taco shell bowl it comes in or the rice. I knew it still wasn't a good choice because I have no idea what they put in their taco sauce. But I forgot they also put beans in it and little pieces of fried tortilla strips. So I have no idea how many carbs that salad cost me.

I'm trying not to beat myself up over it. This has been my first slip up since I started a month ago. It just reinforces the fact that I need to figure out a way to always be prepared in case I get hungry. I also think I caved because Taco Bell (as bad as it is) was my favorite place to eat.
I heard Taco Bell has some new Paleo menu items... that maybe an idea next time. But I agree with you, it's always better to have prepared/planned something to eat before one gets too hungry to make rational decision.

Live and learn and move on, Strawberry. I'm over here cheering you onward and DOWNWARD!
Old 07-14-2014, 03:18 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Wow I have three more weeks off and school will start with a week of in-service days, then the kiddos come back.

I am still doing well in maintenance, haven't lost nor gained anything -- so I am really excited about that.

Wishing everyone success on their Labor Day Challenges!

Jo =]
Old 07-14-2014, 03:39 PM   #112
Blabbermouth!!!

I got clearance today to go without the cane for the most part except at night or if I am real tired. PT said I should be all done with them by the end of the month. And will probably be all done with the others by then too. I am hoping to be focusing on work in August.

I am logging in my food into the app every day now and my food plan is evolving. Different than what it was so we will see if it works. I am trying 3 meals and a snack to make sure I get enough calories and protein. I am shooting for 1200 a day and around 60 grams protein. I am trying to add raw veggies in and some cooked. The cooked is hard to do in the summer. I am eating fruit which is easy in the summer. I go for my main flavors - salty, lemony, sweet and hot. So long as what I eat has at least one of those it will have some flavor.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:04 PM   #113
Easily Amused

What app do you use MaryMary?

I am doing well today. Eating on plan and drinking my water. It is so hot here right now that I am just hiding our indoors.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I'm still here enjoying all the camaraderie! Down to 213.5 this morning! I thought my doctor's appointment was in September but realized today that is in August. Was hoping that I could be under 200 but probably not by early August. Still, I'll have a good amount of weight off by then.
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:42 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

yay Brownyn!!!!
Great news MaryMary!
JustJo - great job on maintenance (can't wait until I get there, maybe in 2 years????)
JoanneO and Strawberry - are you back on track now?
Oncloud9 - get well soon!

I think that I am starting to lose inches, though my weight isn't changing. At least I hope so.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Finding MyWay, I log it into the name of F S. I came across it by accident looking for ways to keep track. I can't remember how I found it. I can tell you it is not one of the ones offered under the tools but it is free on the internet.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:45 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
I'm still here enjoying all the camaraderie! Down to 213.5 this morning! I thought my doctor's appointment was in September but realized today that is in August. Was hoping that I could be under 200 but probably not by early August. Still, I'll have a good amount of weight off by then.
Huge on the losses Bronwyn! Weeeehoooooo
Old 07-15-2014, 04:13 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8termom View Post
JustJo - great job on maintenance (can't wait until I get there, maybe in 2 years????)
No no not 2 years, sooner... remember you get what you wish for, so wish for sooner!! I'm over here cheering you onward and DOWNWARD!!
Old 07-15-2014, 05:23 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

I'm down 1/2 lb!
JustJo - I'm just a very slow loser. I sure hope it's less than 2 years, but I still have about 100 lbs to go. Thank you
Old 07-15-2014, 07:14 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All!!
I weighed in this morning....and I'm down 3 pounds! I'm tickled...And I am noticing a noticeable difference in how I feel (for the better! Breathing better, body/joint pain is better, swollen feet and ankles are better!).

Mary: I log my food in the Atkins App....I like it...tells me percentage of fat, protein, and carbs. I agree with you....it is soooo helpful to keep track....and be able to look back. I am also able to scan food in...for a quick entry in my log (or when shopping).

Bronwyn: Yay you! Awesome job!!

Sk8trmom: Congrats!! a 1/2 pound is great!! Keep up the great work!! Slow and steady!! Not a bad thing!!

Jo: You are AWESOME! An inspiration to us all....and a fantastic cheerleader!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful LC day!