Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2014, 07:34 PM   #151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hmmm those are great ideas!! I wonder if a large portabello mushroom would work too..I need to look at the carbs.

Well today has been ---- interesting -- to the point where its left me VERY confused.
Last Summer my BF of 6 years ended our relationship because he met someone.
That relationship lasted 3 months. Now he wants us back. I honestly don't know what to say there and its thrown me for a loop all day. We've been apart 13 months. I never had the interest to look for anyone new during this time. He has apologized over and over for his mistakes. I didn't have the heart to say no. And given what happened I couldn't said yes. So I ended up saying lets just talk about it. And that he needs to earn my trust back before we can move forward.

I hope that was smart enough. It was hard. BUT I did NOT mess my low carb up. I really wanted to just eat a pint of ice cream while I thought about this mess but I didn't.

Anyway....so WOOHOO I stuck to my LC.

Well, I better go make dinner.

Have a great night!

>>Annett
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2014, 07:51 PM   #152
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 148
Start Date: Jan 2001
Youcan think it over for as long as you want Annett. No rush. Let him wait, this time.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:24 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/247/130
WOE: Atkins 72, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Good morning all!!
I lost .2 pounds.....I will take it!

Annett: take your time....all you need. There is no reason why you have to pick up where you left off either.....start slow and try to rebuild the relationship....starting at the friendship level. And GREAT job staying on plan and not turning to food for comfort! That's awesome!

I'll try to pop in later....It's FRIDAY!! Woo-Hoo!!
Wishing everyone a wonderful LC day!!
sherlocklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All

Happy Friday! YAY.

I am off today - just homework and chores around the house....and lots of thinking LOL

Well the relationship we had was never what is considered "normal". He lives in Canada and I am about 10 hours away in Oregon. During the 6 years we were together we never could get around the border requirements to live together so we would just visit each other for as often as we could for as long as we could. During the summer we'd spend at least 3-4 weeks together - the rest of the year 1-2 weeks wherever we could make it work. 2012 was a very hard year financially so we only got to see each other that summer. Summer 2013 - just 5 days before I we were supposed to back up ( we finally had enough $) he ended the relationship...saying it was him not me - within a week I found out there was someone else. So...I haven't actually seen him in person since 2012. Yesterday was just a phone call followed by quite a few text messages because I told him I didn't want to discuss this infront of the kids. But all this time I never had the slightest interest in finding someone new.

He did leave us hanging last year badly - no child support - hardly any communication and if it hadn't been for my family & friends I would have never made my kids Birthdays or Christmas happen. It was like he fell off the face of the earth. Now, he wants his family back.

Karma did cause him to be homeless and jobless for most of the last year - he finally now has a good job again and a place to live.

Well, I don't know. This is going to take time to figure out.

Anyway - I hope everyone has a great Friday! I'm down 1/2 lb this week...I'll take it

I'll be back
Old 07-25-2014, 11:02 AM   #155
Blabbermouth!!!

Coupon, if it were me, I would focus on me, doing exactly what you are doing, and leave him out of the picture. If he wants to be in the kids lives, he can come and visit, he can jump theough hoops for them. But you take care of you and make you #1 for once. Don't let him muddy up the waters or let you lose your focus. You want to get healthy so you will be around in 15-20 years to be able to play with your grandkids. You want to enjoy the next 5 years in a healthy body and mind. When we get the sugar and white processed crap out of our systems, a fog lifts and we can think clearer. It is amazing. Give yourself a chance.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:03 PM   #156
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecBelle
Stats: 292.2/260.6/145 5ft4in
WOE: Induction
Start Date: Repeat Offender-Original Start 09/03/10
Hey Everybody,
I have been MIA because of the major life change coming. I have 8 weeks left at my current job. When that ends I pack Mommy up and we move to NE Texas. I have arrangements with my brother, aunt and cousin to help move us. We will be paying for someone to pack us but I and the three above will be doing the moving. I haven't been doing great on the weightloss front, I need to refocus. My life doesn't start in 8 weeks, my life is happening right now and I need to be lighter as possible to handle the work that I'll be doing to get us up there.
BecBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #157
Senior LCF Member

Weighed in: 1.2 down

Had an Ah-Ha moment....as to how my brain works.
I've been feeling REALLY good about my weight loss...and spraying focused.
I stumbled upon the BMI calculator on the main page of this site. So I decided to see what it had to say.....
It said 52: Extremely Obese
Now.... I KNEW this.....really, I did. But reading it just crushed me. For a moment I thought...Why bother!!
I really did....for a solid minute I thought this. Than I remembered a quite from one of the other threads that says "A year from now you will wish you had started today!"
Wow....how many times I have kicked myself....wishing I had "stuck with it"....
That quote slapped me out of my "Poor Me's", and my "stinkin' thinkin'"...
I hope everyone here gets the same epiphany if they start feeling themselves losing hope....or confidence to continue. You ARE worth it....You CAN do this...WE can all do this! There are some fantastic cheerleaders out there who HAVE done this...and will support you along the way!! Yay ME!! Yay YOU!! Let's do this!!!!!
*stepping off my soap box now*
Old 07-26-2014, 12:05 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Still missing a post from earlier this morning....why are my posts being moderated? This last post has the greeting deleted.....if I have said or done something wrong....please message moderator. Thank you.
Old 07-26-2014, 03:23 PM   #159
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 317/267/130
Start Date: June 2014
Sherlock, what a great quote! Every time my birthday or beach season rolls around I think of how better off I would be if I had started the year before. But now that we have started, we can say "I'm going to be so much skinnier/healthier on my next birthday/vacation/holiday/family reunion." We have all that to look forward to. There are so many things I feel I miss out on in life due to my weight, and I'm refusing to be the same person next year!
Strawberry Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Great attitude Strawberry!! That's EXACTLY how I feel!!
I am going to post that quote on my fridge (& my medicine chest, AND in my closet!!)....
It got me out of my "stinkin' thinkin'" once....it'll probably do it again, if I keep it where I can see it!
Old 07-26-2014, 05:18 PM   #161
Blabbermouth!!!

That quote reminds ,e of one that I used a lot that said, A New Day, A New Beginning...it helped me whenever I got over kilter and needed to restart. Giving up accomplishes nothing except a delayed start because eventually you do start again if you are lucky enough to get another chance. I was so heavy ai wasn't sure my health could withstand another bout of extremely or super morbidly obese weight. Next time it will kill me and I am not ready to die for that. I would rather die for living than for not living.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:30 AM   #162
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all!!
Weigh in: holding steady

I agree Mary... My weight was killing me....I could feel it in my movements, breathing, etc.
even with this small amount that I've lost...I feel so much better...truly

It's a gray day today....I believe we have some rain coming a little later.

I hope everyone has a great LC day!!
Old 07-27-2014, 10:48 AM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All

Sorry I missed the last few days. I had so much on my plate --- I thought I was going to burst under all this stress. You read about my ex - I stuck to my guns. Told him if he wanted a relationship he needs to build one with his kids first, show that he has changed, send child support, etc. If he can't do that - whats the point.

Then my 1st ex husband called (not the one above). He has DD13 in California right now. They were going to fly her back less than 12 hours before she needs to be at camp up here? Ya not cool. So I dealt with that too.

The week sucked but its over. Today is a NEW day! I am going to do homework til Noon and move on to things around the house. Its not looking to great and I just need to get it back under control.

LC wise- major failure yesterday - part due to stress part because I really just wanted some Wendys chicken nuggets LOL ya...what a thing to fail on. LOL why chicken nuggets? I don't know -- I never really ate them in the past but yesterday for whatever reason I had to have them LOL. Back on track today!

Turns out I am feeling ok today. I dealt with ALL the problems this week. Tomorrow is a new week and it better be a GOOD week. LOL

DD6 still has a coupon for a Free Betta fish she got a couple months ago from a field trip to he pet store with school. I told her if she does her chores, we will pick him up today.
We previously had a Betta, named Lenny, for 5 years who passed away last month - so its time to put new life in this empty 5 gal tank

I hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday - I sure am going to try!
Oh I am making Portabella pizzas tonight. They are a little higher on the carb scale than I like but I think as long as I watch out throughout the day today, its fine.

I'll check in later....

>>Annett
Old 07-27-2014, 03:07 PM   #164
Blabbermouth!!!

Annett, great job! I so enjoy reading your notes. You definitely have a busy life.

Today we went for our Sunday ride down to Massachusetts to check out the Egman's supermarket in Northboro. I heard it was huge with a cafe a enormous food court. We enjoyed ourselves. It was someplace different something different to do. But it poured rain. Wish we had one in New Hampshire. It broughht 600 jobs to the area where that one is located.
Old 07-27-2014, 06:42 PM   #165
Senior LCF Member

Rain? What's that LOL I wish it were raining here. For Oregon we had quite warm & dry weather.

Yep - my life is super busy. Some days I don't see straight LOL. But I just keep looking forward - 8 more months and I will DONE with college and have my degree! YAY.

Well poor DD6 was a little disappointed today. We went to the pet store to get her Betta.... they were out Won't get more til Friday... so I took her for an Ice Cream and it was all good for now.

YUM YUM Portabella Pizzas are about to be made! I've been looking forward to that all day!!!! And..since I had Portabellas on the brain (wow they are expensive)... I looked at what it would take to grow them. I guess its not that hard. Soooo I might give that a go.

Well, I better go make dinner! I hope everyone had a super-fantastic Sunday!!!

>>Annett
Old 07-28-2014, 04:34 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All!
Weigh in: holding steady

Woke up to rumbling thunder and rain this morning. The garden will enjoy the drink! I hope everyone had a good weekend.

I'll pop in later to check in....
Wishing everyone a wonderful LC day!!
Old 07-28-2014, 05:40 AM   #167
Blabbermouth!!!

Yep, more rain today. Feels good.

Plan today. Rehab, work, then OA mtg.
Keeping it simple but a busy day.
Only working two 4 hr days.
Then next week it is 4 four hr days.
It will get more real
My dept is really short handed. 3 people have moved to other depts.there is lots of OT iwhether you want it or not apparently. I have been reading old emails.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #168
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
howdy all another exciting weekend at he Eversole household CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!
c/p from a fb post from saturday kenny was in the er fri night sat morning
Quote:
Gah quick post while molly asleep. Kenny had gotten a few nights work. I get a call at two am he is in the e r He passed out at work and again when ashley got him to the e r. So we go get molly from Ashley's mom. By three because she had to go to work. E r just gives kenny morphine and a script for pain meds. Said his liver is very inflamed white cell count way up. Why the heck no antibiotics? Idk. But we have had mollly all day kenny and ashley at her parents and we will have molly tonight. Kenny no bettter and the note from er makes him miss the work he was going to get tonight and tomorrow. Goood thoughts please?
we kept molly saturday night too he still is feeling terrible idk if he will try to find a doc or not but it sounds scary to me

Molly is CRAWLING and whew is she fast LOL and one tooth has broken through

waves howdy at everyone can you believe it will be august on friday?????
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #169

just got the call ken is officially terminated from work
i knew this was happening i knew he couldn't go back and they have been soo good to us letting us keep the insurance and benefits and everything all this time just i can't quit crying. i am so silly i know maybe deep down i really was hoping he would get better and could go back?? IDK i am so silly i know
Old 07-28-2014, 01:02 PM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
just got the call ken is officially terminated from work
i knew this was happening i knew he couldn't go back and they have been soo good to us letting us keep the insurance and benefits and everything all this time just i can't quit crying. i am so silly i know maybe deep down i really was hoping he would get better and could go back?? IDK i am so silly i know
Oh my....my dear....not silly at all!
I stood in a similar spot 1-1/2 years ago....when my DH told me he had lost his job. Your mind will be a whirl for a bit .....Once the dust settles....take it just one day at a time.
I'm so sorry....and a good cry may be what you are needing (I know it helps me.....).
Old 07-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Just touching in, missing being on here, been having a really difficult time. Officially on a leave of absence from work, but if cant return by 8/18 my boss regrets that they can't hold my position. Yeah, not like I've been there there forever and another week or two of unpaid leave would make any difference; sigh..... anyway finally got a new neurologist today at Yale, changed all the meds to get rid of all these horrible side effects including not being able to eat or drink; I've dropped 20lbs this month which is crazy for me. As much as I say that, is it wrong to still say I like to see the scale go down? Probably is..... Still hoping can return to work by the 18th, but we'll see; neurologist thinks is possible if new med regime works. Hopeful will start feeling more like myself soon. Denise, I like your motto in your signature, something I need to remember! ((((( Deb)))))), hang in there.
Old 07-29-2014, 03:47 AM   #172
Blabbermouth!!!

Kath, glad to hear it is working with the new neurologist. Count your lucky stars you are in CT. The law in NH is that you can't drive for 12 months when one has a seizure from epilepsy or any reason. I see my neurologist and hope to see if an exception can be made next month so I can drive in Sept. I never realized how much I miss it. I started part time last week and they promoted a young fellow to my old job. I still have the title and pay which means squat but am doing the work of a new rep. The things I was told would be hard for me to manage like timed calls are what I am being made to do. My boss is making like very difficult. But I have to focus on what I can control which is myself and the fact that I love my job. I love talking to the customers and helping them. That is what I have to remember. Not her baggage. She has her own issues and they don't have to become my issues.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:52 AM   #173
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All!
Weigh in: *sigh* holding steady
I hope everyone is well!
Kath: I hope things turn around for you soon so you can return to work
Congrats to all of the losers!!
DS will be coming home tonight (from his week with the GPs), for his soccer game tonight. Than back to the GPs for the rest of the week so he can attend VBS. I can't believe he is going into 3rd grade this Fall.....Where does the time go??!!
DH and I had some London Broil on the grill last night. I will have the leftovers for lunch today. Tonight we will have the chicken Spiedies that I've had marinating. These will be good on their own....or over a salad.
I've ordered some flavored stevia (berry and vanilla)....I may try some experimenting with it when it comes in. I'd like to make my own SF jello.....using Great Lakes Gelatin and the flavored stevia. I'm really hoping for a success....it would be nice to have a periodic treat when the sweet tooth flares up We will see how it goes....I'll keep you posted.
I sure hope everyone has a wonderful LC day!!
Old 07-29-2014, 05:15 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Mary, glad that you're back to work and making the best of the situation. Loss of control is such a difficult one for me.....I'm kind of a control freak. With all new med changes again, I really don't know when I can drive, will depend on how new meds go and if have any more seizures.... maybe in Nov if all is calm? When I said she wouldn't hold my position, I meant I won't have a job at all, so if I can't return by then I'm fired. Last Monday, I sent in request for medical leave of absence with doctors letter asking for forms to be sent to him to fill out and within two hours she sent out an email to all staff changing personnel policy eliminating the family medical leave of absence and backdating the change (officially we don't have to have bc we have under 50 employees). She changed policy to state we would have leave of absence that would be approved pending her discretion. I'm sure I could probably find out what my legal rights are with all this, but just don't have the energy or motivation to put into it right now. And am so offended and hurt by her actions, not surprised really, because she pulls this kind of stuff all the time, but because I have been beyond loyal, commited and dedicated and really good at my job and it still doesn't make a difference. And if it wasnt for the money, insurance, etc. I really should look for another job, but can't afford to now. It all may be moot, I just need to focus on doing my best to take care of myself over next three weeks so I'm up to working again.
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:30 AM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath17 View Post
Just touching in, missing being on here, been having a really difficult time. Officially on a leave of absence from work, but if cant return by 8/18 my boss regrets that they can't hold my position. Yeah, not like I've been there there forever and another week or two of unpaid leave would make any difference; sigh..... anyway finally got a new neurologist today at Yale, changed all the meds to get rid of all these horrible side effects including not being able to eat or drink; I've dropped 20lbs this month which is crazy for me. As much as I say that, is it wrong to still say I like to see the scale go down? Probably is..... Still hoping can return to work by the 18th, but we'll see; neurologist thinks is possible if new med regime works. Hopeful will start feeling more like myself soon. Denise, I like your motto in your signature, something I need to remember! ((((( Deb)))))), hang in there.
kens work held his position for over a year! how crazy is that? i can't believe yours won't even do the 12 weeks FMLA don't they HAVE to by law?? that just is rotten of them it really is
hope the new meds help

my kitchen is a super mess so i have to get in there and tackle something today! i can't even find the sink
the starter went out on our riding mower gah we are in trouble! we got rain over the weekend and the grass finally decided to grow
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
Old 07-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath17 View Post
Mary, glad that you're back to work and making the best of the situation. Loss of control is such a difficult one for me.....I'm kind of a control freak. With all new med changes again, I really don't know when I can drive, will depend on how new meds go and if have any more seizures.... maybe in Nov if all is calm? When I said she wouldn't hold my position, I meant I won't have a job at all, so if I can't return by then I'm fired. Last Monday, I sent in request for medical leave of absence with doctors letter asking for forms to be sent to him to fill out and within two hours she sent out an email to all staff changing personnel policy eliminating the family medical leave of absence and backdating the change (officially we don't have to have bc we have under 50 employees). She changed policy to state we would have leave of absence that would be approved pending her discretion. I'm sure I could probably find out what my legal rights are with all this, but just don't have the energy or motivation to put into it right now. And am so offended and hurt by her actions, not surprised really, because she pulls this kind of stuff all the time, but because I have been beyond loyal, commited and dedicated and really good at my job and it still doesn't make a difference. And if it wasnt for the money, insurance, etc. I really should look for another job, but can't afford to now. It all may be moot, I just need to focus on doing my best to take care of myself over next three weeks so I'm up to working again.
geeze a loo that burns me up
Old 07-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Kathy, keep all documentation in case she does terminate your job. With having less than 50 employees, there is probably nothing you can do, but backdating would be a real problem for her.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:06 AM   #178
Blabbermouth!!!

I think backdating is against the law. You may have a claim. But wait until you are better.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:00 PM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: webcrystal
Stats: x11/x50/wonderland (restart 3/21/14 x95)
WOE: Low Carb
Too bad it's such a small company. If they had over 50 then at least Fed law would apply. If they had over 75 then CT law would apply and she'd have to give 16 wks.

I'd also keep a copy (screen print and printout) of the email. Do you have anything from before that outlined your benefits (that referenced FMLA?).
webcrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:50 PM   #180
Senior LCF Member

Happy Tuesday all!!!

Oh boy! Kathy I just read your note and I looked up CT Law - just like webcrystal. She is right if your place of employment had 75 or more employees, you would be covered by the FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act). They would have to give you 16 weeks under that. Such a bummer! Keep track off all paperwork and if you can maybe give the local employment department a call to see if there are any other option.

Deb!! So sorry to hear he lost his job but at least they tried to keep him employed. Did his apt go any better? I didn't see a note - but I could have missed your post too...supertired.

Hmmm. Well my Tues was ok. I am super-exhausted. ....prob will go to bed early.
My ex (the one that wants to get back together) sent me a txt. He knows I play a game online and he was like "Can I play with your group tonight? I miss playing the game w you". I didn't really know what to say....so I said sure...hoping he would get bored and just leave -- we'll see. I am not quite ready to have him wiggle himself into every part of my life.

Well, I should go. so tired. Have a great night all!!!

>>Annett