Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
So happy your girls are doing well!!! Glad you're confident in yourself!!! Proud of you!!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Sher- I love the liquid Stevia in drop bottle! So easy to dissolve the in cold drinks too.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Deb- Can't believe how much Molly has grown!!! Beautiful baby!!!
Old 07-11-2014, 04:22 PM   #64
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trotter
WOE: Atkins/Grain Brain
Start Date: March 31, 2014
I like coconut flour, but you have to remember that it is very dry and add extra liquid. I have made pancakes and biscuits with it that were really good as it has a sweet taste to it.
Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:58 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/289/130
WOE: Atkins, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Good morning all!
I weighed myself this morning....another pound gone. That will total 3 this week.
I'm praying each day....to keep up this WOE. I honestly feel soooooo much better....and thankfully I am not craving anything yet. This time of year is so nice...with all of the fresh veggies that are available.
My DS has a soccer game this morning....than back to do housecleaning and laundry. Skies are looking gray at the moment....so I am unsure what today's weather will bring.
Tonight is the Super Moon.....so I think I will take DS outside with his telescope to see what we can see.
I sure hope everyone has a great LC day! I'll try to pop in later!
sherlocklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 04:27 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Hey all....just found this recipe...I think I am going to try it really soon (using almond flour).
I have some squash...not sure if I have 8 cups worth....
It's a Zucchini Pizza Crust Recipe....it sounds really tasty (especially if you have an overflowing garden!! LOL)
The Best Zucchini Recipe Ever - Zucchini Crust Pizza - My Humble Kitchen.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:58 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/344.2/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Good Morning

Congratz on that 3rd pound gone! YAY!!!!!!! That is awesome.

Well, I am off to my ALL day Chemistry class. Going to drop my Kids off at my Moms and then off to Salem I go. Class starts at 8:30 but it takes about an hour to get there.... and I won't be done til 5!

Wish me luck -- this class is a tough one!

have a Super Saturday!!!

>>Annett
couponkrazy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:55 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Good Luck Annett!! Have a great day! You are going to do great on your test!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:50 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Hello All

I hope everyone had a great Saturday!!

I just got back from class...that test kicked my butt. I am going to have to study harder!!!

Well, LC wise I didn't do that good either. I was helping one of my girls get ready for a day at Grandmas' and ran out of time to make lunch... I didn't really think of anything LC grab & go... so I took 2 GoPinic boxes... (portable, shelf stable meal, usually consisisting of a turkey pepperoni sticks, cheese & whole grain crackers, fruit snack and somesort of granola. I had 1 for breakfast and 1 for lunch. I am going to have to plan better next week.... at least I didn't down my exam-sorrow in CHOCOLATE...I at least resisted that!

Well, off I go..still have stuff to do.

Good Night all... I will see you tomorrow!

>>Annett
Old 07-13-2014, 08:20 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Morning All! I hope everyone had a great day yesterday !
I made myself a Cinnamon Sugar-Buster Muffin for breakfast this morning (recipe from the Muffins To Slim By book). It was okay...something a little different for a break from the norm....and only 2 net carbs (5 grams fiber!!).
Going to do a little laundry...and spend some time with DS today. I'm going to make a beef roast....and a roast chicken today (dinner and lunches/quick meals for the week).
I wish everyone a blessed Son-day!
Old 07-13-2014, 10:24 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Happy Sunday All!

Well, I am off to a good start today. I made my Brunch Salad and trying to make sure I drink plenty of water. I'm not going to let yesterdays mistakes bug me - its a new day - I will do it right today!

I have some homework to get done too but I've got all day. So its all good.

I'm trying to think of what I'd like to make for dinner ....not sure yet.
I was also going to try to make 3 salads today for lunches on Mon, Tues, and wed. But it looks like I will need to get a bag of spinach for that so I will run to the store in a bit.

Well have a HAPPY SUNDAY everyone. I'll be back later...

>>>Annett
Old 07-13-2014, 11:25 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Haven't done much today. We kept Fox yesterday and DH's daughter drove up from Alabama and spent the day. She was a big help with Fox. DH grilled chicken, hotdogs, cortn, yellow and zuchinni squash. We made slaw and deviled eggs. It was a fun day but I haven't been feeling up to par. Resting and eating leftovers today. Have a great day!!!
Old 07-13-2014, 06:40 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Hi Everyone

Well today was an ok day. Stuck to my LC but at the end of the day I was craving something sweet so I took a drive a bought an ice cold Diet Dr Pepper at McD ... and nothing else. YAY. I got my sweet fix, felt like I really got something and didn't cross any lines.

I am still working on homework -- I am just really struggling with Chemistry. Well, I will keep trying.

Well, I am off to make some dinner.

Good Night all & I hope everyone has a great night!
>>Annett
Old 07-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #74
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trotter
WOE: Atkins/Grain Brain
Start Date: March 31, 2014
Looks like I will be back on the diet trail come Monday, but it will be doing WW instead of LC. *sigh* Gotta do what the pocketbook allows.

The good news is that, somehow, I dropped about 20 pounds while not "doing" anything. I definitely wasn't doing LC and figured I had gained some even, but the scales don't lie. 20 is but a drop in the bucket for me but I will take it.

I plan on hanging around here if you all don't mind.
Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:14 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Kath17, heard there there is a cannabis plant in Colorado that doesnot have hallucinogenic properties but works great on seizures. And it's legal there!
Guess "maybe" I wish I was closer to there. Started having my own odd almost hallucinatory-like visual squiqly things going on during 3 day eeg and since it got taken off yesterday so we'll see what comes of that.

Trying really hard to stay low carb but since I'm barely taking in 500 calories day it's still mostly low carb, but have had a little bread each day. Doctor insists on gatorade, which I wouldn't compromise on so we agreed on powerade zero. There is so little I want to eat or drink right now, it feels like I have to force feed myself. My mom is being really sweet and offering to buy anything I want any old favorites, just anything. Thing is right now I am constantly thinking of food, just can't eat it. Guess I wish I could have said that at other points in my life!

It's nice to see that there are quite a few new faces on the board. I look forward to getting to knowing you all.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:50 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all! Today is a new day....and hoping everyone has a blessed one.
I roasted a chicken and a beef roast yesterday....so lunches and dinners over the next couple of days are covered. DS has two soccer games this week....and the scramble to eat and get to the field can be a problem if there isn't a meal plan in place.
I placed the chicken bones in a stockpot with some herbs....and let it slow cook all night long, to make a beautiful bone broth. I will add some LC veggies....and make a "meal to go". It can be breakfast, lunch, or dinner (can add eggs...like a Chinese won ton soup). I think I've got this week covered (crossing fingers)
Weekend is over....*sigh*.....back to work.
Wishing everyone a wonderful LC day/week!
Old 07-14-2014, 04:02 AM   #77
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Kath17, here's the Ted talk on the epilepsy cure that I saw on pediatric epilepsy. It is coming up for a vote in a couple other states now. Joshua Stanley Tells How Marijuana Battled A Child's Epilepsy [Video] - Leaf Science
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:41 AM   #78
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
sorry not been in guys things are exciting here again UGh
copy paste of a post about last thursday

Quote:
Kenny finally comes to help us with one of his dads appointments today. Get home and as he is pulling out of the driveway to leave the neighbor hits his truck and I believe it is totaled! Sigh would the factshe just has one eye help rule in his favor? He only has liability insurance and so he andashleyaredown to one vehicle. Ugh . Keep fingers tossed kens exam today was for an increase in his PTSD rating. I have heard from vets who have had their rating LOWEREd and we sure don't need that! Idk our live seems to be too darnedexciting. Like that old curse of may you have an interesting life
Kenny was pulling out and she was coming down the road. I know she was going fast because she always does but idk how the policeman wrote it up and tonight they were all leaving for a family vacation so I know she was in a hurry to get home. Kenny only has liability insurance and this truck was kens first one he ever had new 1997. Ken gave it to Kenny when he graduated high school. Idk about any of it. Ken wanted soo bad to go and fix it himself lol poor guy years Ago he would have. I know he hurt himself trying to look at it
be back to read and catch up later hopefully
Ken has another doc appointment tomorrow but i know where this one is!
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 07:03 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories!!
Yay for Trotter!! 20lbs is amazing!!! There are people on this site doing different WOE. Stay with us!!!!

Deb- Hope Ken's appt goes well!! It seems things are looking up somewhat. Sorry about Kenny's truck.

Sher- Sounds like you have a good plan!!
Old 07-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: webcrystal
Stats: x11/x50/wonderland (restart 3/21/14 x95)
WOE: Low Carb
Trotter - there are some threads out there on doing LC on a tight budget if you want some links let me know and I'll gather a couple for you ... with that being said you can still do low(er) carb on WW.

Deb - Hope Ken's apt goes well .. I know how that goes my dad is DVet. and they've had to fight for some things as well.

Coupon - good luck with Chem ... (better you than me )
webcrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Deb, praying for Ken. Hope all goes well.
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Hi Trotter: I know I am new here...and take this for what it is worth...I've done WW a couple of times...I was always hungry. I do believe LC can be done on a budget...I eat what the family eats...just cutting out any carbey they may be having with the meal (though I have cut them back on breads and sugars too).
Twenty pounds is a fantastic accomplishment. Hold 4 bags of flour (5# each)... Or a 20 pound bag of dog or cat food.....that was once on YOU!! 20 pounds is heavy....and you have successfully rid yourself of that weight! Yay you!
I wish someone had convinced me to keep on going the last time I was LC'ing on this forum....I would have been soooooo much better off.

I wish you success...whichever WOE you choose. You can do this!!
Old 07-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

Good Evening All

I had a CrAzY Monday... as usual but I was right on track with my LC. The salad worked out beautifully. And dinner is left over BBQ from yesterday with a salad.

Deb - I hope things go as well as they can for Ken and I hope that Kennys truck is a minor fix...

Trotter - I hear you. I am always stuck on such a tight budget but WW even though I could buy just about anything --- always backfired and I actually always gained weight.
I hope you have much better success.

Crystal - Thanks for the chem well wishes....I just keep telling myself... just 5 more Saturdays... then I'll be done with Chemistry FOREVER!

Well everyone, I need to go put dinner on the tablet but I hope you all have a great night

>>>Annett
Old 07-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Keepingawake
Stats: 310/260/200
Start Date: April 2013
Hello all!

I'm sorry I've been MIA. I started teaching for the summer and things have just slipped away. I'm doing my best with this WOE, but I seem to have plateaued again. Arg...

Anyway, I'm glad to see everyone is doing well. More to follow!
Keepingawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 03:42 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all!
I am down another 3 pounds! I am thrilled with my progress so far. I am not sure how much weight I have really lost so far....my original scales was unable to weigh me (the numbers on the screen would go crazy....than it would black out).
My health is much better with what I have lost so far. Breathing better....body and joint pain is better....swollen feet and ankles are better. This just makes me want to lose more weight and feel even better!
I wish everyone a wonderful LC day. Take one day at a time my friends!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:05 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Happy Tuesday

Good Morning Congratz on the weightloss Denise. That's awesome!

Today is going to be another crazy day at work.... but my lunch is made so I should stay on track.

I've been afraid to weigh myself -- the last 20 times I did while on WW, it either showed no change or a gain. But....maybe I will give this a couple more days and then weigh myself.

Hmmm....well, I am too tired to think of anything else at the moment. Have a great day everyone!!!! I'll check in tonight after work.

>>Annett
Old 07-15-2014, 07:38 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

Annett: I hear you about the WW....there were so many times I was following the program to the letter...hop on the scale, totally expecting some sort of loss..and would have lost NAH-DA (Zippo, Zilch....I think you get the idea! LOL). I got so discouraged....I just stopped the program. I am 49 years old....and I know the age was playing a part with my weight loss. But I was hungry....and sticking to the point system....and not losing a thing. I got discouraged really fast.
You are doing the best thing....Plan Plan Plan ....that will keep you on track. I did all that cooking on Sunday....knowing that my son had soccer games this week....So at least 2 nights would be a scramble (plus I'd have something for lunch if I ran out of "leftovers" from the night before).
Enjoy your day my friend!
Old 07-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! I have my sweet little Fox today at our house at least. So much easier at our house. He's in the floor pushing his trucks and cars around! LOL He is such a good baby!!
Really want to get some advice from you but baby comes first. Hope I can get back in here this evening and ask a question and get your opinions.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:45 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Have fun with Fox today.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:44 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All!
We have had some rain (got a little damp at DS's soccer game last night! LOL)
I received a new LC cookbook yesterday....The Low-Carb Gourmet" by Karen Barnaby.
I can't wait to try some of the recipes...everything looks so good, and the carbs in most of the recipes are reasonable. I eat pretty simple food during the week....but like to shake it up a bit every so often (maybe on the weekend). The sweeter items in the book call for Splenda (which I don't use)....but it should be easy enough to covert to Stevia.
I sure hope everyone has a great LC day! I will try to pop in later!