Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 09:13 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 157
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Deb, any chance folks in your church could help you with the digging? Or getting it back working?

Just got back from visiting my DD last weekend. Went to the mocies, saw 22 Jump Stree, really funny. I have been to less than five movies in five years. Had some pop corn and sf non dairy ice cream, gained and had a stomach ache the next morning. It was not worth it. But do I learn? No. I hope you can learn from my misstakes. It wasn't worth it. I have been lethargic since then. Just want to sleep.

MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Deb- Sorry about you not getting to see Molly. I know it's hard. Our kids don't understand how much we need to be with the grands.

sher- DH has an incubator that he raises quails ( to let go over at the farm) and chicks to produce eggs in. He does incubate guineas also and let them go free over at the farm. He enjoys them.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Thinking of you Kathy and Mary!!
Old 07-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: webcrystal
Stats: x11/x69/wonderland (restart 3/21/14 x95)
WOE: Low Carb
Hey all just poppin' in to say hi .. and wow crazy stuff happening with everyone here... I hope everything gets better for you'all.
webcrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:23 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trotter
WOE: Atkins/Grain Brain
Start Date: March 31, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by debkeversole View Post
trotter i hope things are better and you can come back in and post
Still in and out, lurking for now. Lots of yardwork/home improvement over the holiday weekend, glad to be back at work so I can get some rest.

In a sad state of mind. Our church is slowly dying and it is just sad to see. What makes it worse is that the ones who started the trouble that set all of it off have now left... but the pews are almost empty and things are not getting any better. We have an interim pastor who will not take the church, and the pulpit committee is trying to let us see other candidates... but half of the committee itself have left the church as well.

Last edited by Trotter; 07-07-2014 at 08:27 PM..
Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:11 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Trotter, maybe there's a church out there looking for a home. They might have a pastor a need a building. It could be a perfect match. Praying for you and the rest of the fsmilies.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:31 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: sherlocklabs
Stats: 320+/304.4/130
WOE: Atkins, LCHF ~ Clean Eating Only
Start Date: Restart: 6/29/14
Hello All!!
Checking in to say Hey! I hope everyone is doing well.
Today....looks like it going to be a warm one again (85...with some rain on and off throughout the day). My garden will enjoy this weather!
I've been on plan since 6/28/14...and am starting to get into the LC groove. I'm thankful that I don't seem to be missing anything (yet....I know, from past experience, that will come later.) I have dabbled a little with Egg Creams a couple of times....they are surprisingly pretty good!. Its a little break from eggs and bacon breakfasts that I usually have. When its hot and sticky outside....the egg creams with some crushed ice, are quite refreshing and satisfying. I was afraid....if I "drank" my breakfast....I would be hungry in a couple of hours ~~ but I am finding that these stay with me until lunch!
I don't use the processed syrups and sweeteners....so as I try each recipe...I am trying to tweak them to a "cleaner" version. I am playing around a little with Stevia....haven't used it much yet. Most of my days I don't eat anything sweet....but a couple of drops in the egg cream does make a difference.
I am going to try something new today....let me say, a little experiment....When I get home from work....I am HUNGRY!!!....and I know that could be trouble (with a capital T)...So I am going to try having an herbal tea around 3:00'ish....with a Tbls of Coconut oil in it. My hypothosis is that the extra fat will stave off my hunger until dinner time.
I am trying to stay away from the "snacking"...that is something that can get me into trouble.
Other than that....staying on plan....trying to plan as much as possible.
I hope everyone is having a LC week!! Enjoy your day!!

If there ever is a tomorrow when we're not together,
There is something you must always remember:
You're BRAVER than you believe,
and STRONGER than you seem,
and SMARTER than you think.
A.A. Milne (author of the Winnie the Pooh books)
sherlocklabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi, just popping in.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: couponkrazy2011
Stats: 352.5/351/160
Start Date: 07/09/2014
Hey All

Just wanting to pop in and say Hello!

Its been a while and I feel off the LC wagon again. Then I was determined to try WW for a while but after 3 weeks I fell off the band wagon there too. It almost seemed like I had too many choices - because I could eat anything as long as I accounted for the points.

Officially I am at my heaviest weight now and I need to update my stats.

I keep kicking myself and had a rude awakening this weekend that makes me want to try this again.. I was at the beach with the kids and all I wanted was some capris just so I could get my feet in the ocean... nothing at Lane Bryant fit except for a skirt and I felt like a walking tub of lard Later we ended up at a Walmart and I found some capris. But all that time in the dressing rooms - I just couldn't believe how huge I've gotten.

I think I need a full length mirror --- or 2 or 3. Seeing myself from head to toe really made me feel like I just can't be like this anymore. I was sitting in the dressing room and saw how fat my legs looked and all I could think was "How can I be like this? What am I doing to myself here?".

So here I am. I need to go buy groceries tomorrow and I plan to re-start induction tomorrow. I am just trying to put together a good list of foods but its been a while so I am trying to remember.

Anyway --- I hope you all will welcome me back to this group. You all were very kind -- I just need to be more consistent and stick to this and not let things get in the way.

Well, I have had an exhausting day... I will check back in tomorrow. I made this my new home page - so that when I first get online this is the first thing I see.

Good Night everyone

>>Annett (Couponkrazy2011)
couponkrazy2011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Welcome Annett. I was where you are over 10 years ago. It's painful. The only way I can keep myself from going back there is to stay away from sugars and grains with a vengeance. Nothing, nada, never, no processed nothing white. I eat my veggies anf for a treat I have a fruit with my breakfast protein. It keeps me sane and did while I was losing. I would be happy to help you if you need it.

Did you hear about the guy named Brian who lost 383 lbs in 18 months? I found him on a fb page and he has quite a following. He seems like a nice young fellow. His story is interesting. It started when he met a girl online. He was here in the states and she was in the UK I think. When he got to know her he told her he was over 600 lbs and she came down on him hard and said he was selfish, wasting his life, cuz there were folks who wanted to live and were going out of their way to do whatever they could to have a chance to live a good wholesome life and he was throwing his away. Well that was all he needed. His pivotal moment. He made a decision to live. And live he has. Now he is trying to raise money to have 30-40 lbs skin removed. He runs in races and is a motivational speaker.

I have heard the idea before that when I was overeating, I was being selfish because I was only thinking of myself and what I wanted. I want, what I want when I want it, just like a little kid. And if I don't lose 20 lbs in a month, what will I do? Go out and binge and gain 25? Even now, even though I only gained back 20 when I had my accident, I find myself eating when frustrated or anxious. I have to be careful.

Off to bed.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:28 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All!
Welcome Anette!! I just restarted AGAIN....pretty much an exact duplicate of your story.
We can do this my friend!!! One pound at a time!!
I will try to pop in later.....Wishing everyone a wonderful LC day!
Old 07-09-2014, 07:20 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning

Well, Day 1 arrives. I am about to have a couple scrambled eggs with a little ham mixed in and a little cheese... hot sauce as needed.

I guess for a little while I decided that I work soooo hard (work, college classes, raising 2 kids on my own, etc) that I deserved yummy food - even if bad for me. So after I fell off Atkins, and then WW..... I just had what I wanted - when I wanted. I guess I was in some sort of denial or something for a while.

Atkins is the only thing that ever did work. I gained weight on Weight Watchers and I never did figure out why. I followed everything.

Anyway -- I need to get used to pre-planning all meals -- definitely something I am not used to. Breakfast I think is going to be hard because I am not an egg fan. Lunch - will be manageable but I have to make myself pack a lunch so I am not tempted by the fast food that surrounds my work. And dinner ... well that should be easy.

Anyone know how far in advance I can make some breakfasts/lunches without the worry of spoiling? I am always pressed for time during the week. I figured if I can make ahead a breakfast and lunch for M/T/W on Sundays that would really help but I always worry about how long things are good for?
I'm not sure about the breakfast make-ahead options yet but for lunch - I actually don't mind a good salad. I figured if I just put a little dressing in a little container on the side.... everything else should be able to go on the salad?

Well, I have to get going. I don't work today but I do have a 4 hr class today (+1hr drive time each way)...only 9 more months of college and I will have my degree YAY! I can't wait to be DONE with that.

Have a great day everyone. I will pop in later after class.

>>Annett
Old 07-09-2014, 07:35 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Get out of the mindset of having only eggs and bacon for breakfast. Have leftover pizza, a little ham, or some roast beef. It doesn't have to be breakfast food. Some people prepare salads for a week at a time. Your 3 day plan should work.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:10 AM   #44

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
Originally Posted by couponkrazy2011 View Post
Hey All

Just wanting to pop in and say Hello!

Its been a while and I feel off the LC wagon again. Then I was determined to try WW for a while but after 3 weeks I fell off the band wagon there too. It almost seemed like I had too many choices - because I could eat anything as long as I accounted for the points.

Officially I am at my heaviest weight now and I need to update my stats.

I keep kicking myself and had a rude awakening this weekend that makes me want to try this again.. I was at the beach with the kids and all I wanted was some capris just so I could get my feet in the ocean... nothing at Lane Bryant fit except for a skirt and I felt like a walking tub of lard Later we ended up at a Walmart and I found some capris. But all that time in the dressing rooms - I just couldn't believe how huge I've gotten.

I think I need a full length mirror --- or 2 or 3. Seeing myself from head to toe really made me feel like I just can't be like this anymore. I was sitting in the dressing room and saw how fat my legs looked and all I could think was "How can I be like this? What am I doing to myself here?".

So here I am. I need to go buy groceries tomorrow and I plan to re-start induction tomorrow. I am just trying to put together a good list of foods but its been a while so I am trying to remember.

Anyway --- I hope you all will welcome me back to this group. You all were very kind -- I just need to be more consistent and stick to this and not let things get in the way.

Well, I have had an exhausting day... I will check back in tomorrow. I made this my new home page - so that when I first get online this is the first thing I see.

Good Night everyone

>>Annett (Couponkrazy2011)
welcome back!! i am at my heaviest right now too we can get right back at at ASAP
so got pipe replaced and i can use my kitchen again1 rained allevening and now though so it is still uncovered but that should make it easier to cover up with the rain softning the ground a bit
doc issued ken a walker monday and we have the evaluation about upping his PTSD rating with the VA tomorrow oh i soo hope this lady is a good one and will see how bad off ken is . if he got to 100% through the VA he would be able to let Steven use his GI bill money that Ken wont ever get to use. but you have to be 100% and Ken currently is at 70 through the va . and oh man i sure hope they don't LOWER his rating any i have heard of some poor vets they have done that to crazy! he also has 2 psych appointments next week my poor van! oh aznd fingers crossed about finding the appointment place in the morning CRAZY! downtown knoxville and i get lost soo easily

sent in the doc evaluation and paperwork for the caregiver program to allsup today.hope i did that correctly. that is for the SSDI but to get a hearing here takes 15 months i reckon and that is what level we are at now. i am afraid Ken might not be around long enough to wait on the hearin g ya know?/ he looks AWFUL every day now
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:14 AM   #45

annett some of the cream cheese muffins freeze well and like egg cups and stuff. if i catch a minute maybe i can finsd some more things google linda sue's recipes( i think it is like a genaw address or something) and i know she will have things that will work
gotta gather all kens meds for that appointment tomorrow wish i could get aprintout from th e VA for it
Old 07-09-2014, 10:00 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lucky51
Deb, could someone lend you a GPS. Does Steven have an ap on his phone that would work?

Good luck tomorrow.
lucky51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #47

i do have an old GPS and we used it monday to try to find it got close we think but it is soo tight in old town knoxville it is crazy ken Steven nor i have a smart phone that does apps or anything lol but we can text! the appointment is at 8 am and we figured(knoxville is a little over an hour away) that we would leave maybe about 5:45am and see if we can find it traffic will be terrible there and early would be fine but late is not good
and i just found out there is an online class at 2 pm tomorrow the caregiver program wants steven and me to take and dang it i know we wont be home by then going to see if we can make it up fingers crossed!
how are you doing lucky?? had the grandkids much this summer??

i got some of molly's pics uploaded here are a couple from last month hope they aren't too big
molly and steven last month

Old 07-09-2014, 05:22 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Annette: I'm playing with egg creams....and really enjoying them. You could pre-measure and store in fridge....than just dump in blender with a handful of ice....put it in a travel mug....and rock and roll.
I do eat eggs (scrambled...omelet) most days..... I enjoy them AND the eggs are fresh from my own chickens. The egg creams are a nice break.....or great on those warm humid mornings. The creams do stick with you....I am satisfied right through until lunch.
Now....with that said....breakfast does not need to be "breakfasty"....eat slices if meat...tuna....whatever you think you may be able to enjoy in the morning.
My lunches are generally leftovers from the night before (I make extra to provide for this).
Hope this helps!! . Planning will be so helpful to you....it will make a huge difference in controlling what you eat.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Hello Everyone

Deb - Nice to see you are still here this this board.... I'm sorry you are still struggling with Kens medical stuff. They just need to find a way to fix this NOW. I hear stories like this so often....and its sad. It makes me wish I could just waive a magic wand and make it all go away.
Molly is getting so big!!! OMG! The last time I saw pictures of her she was just a few days old I think. Wow. Time flies!! She is so adorable.

Hi Lucky I know I am a bit too focused on breakfast being breakfast and lunch lunch. You are right... its doesn't have to be. I just need to make myself used to that somehow.

MaryMary and Denise... Hi!! Thanks for those replies too! I'm a little worried about failing again.... but hopefully I won't.....

I don't know... today was an OK day... but it wasn't a successful day. My daughter had lost her swimsuit and she was going swimming at daycare and couldn't find it. It took me all the time I had left this morning before class to find it so I was out the door without breakfast. So...I stopped in at the local McD...bad idea ... but I thought I could get one or two of their breakfast burritos minus the tortilla. Well that didn't work out. I ended up eating them WITH the tortilla after I discovered the cheese practically glued everything on to them. Then class for 4 hrs.. got done - was starving but an hour from home. Found a Carls Jr and got the Charbroiled Chicken burger in a lettuce wrap and water to drink. I felt a little better about that choice. Tonight.... my kids want turkey burgers so I will have a Turkey Burger Salad (salad with burger toppings & the burger cut up on it). So... ya not perfect but I am going to count it as an OK start.

Anyway , I better get cooking! I hope everyone had a great day!

>>Annett
Old 07-10-2014, 04:22 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Good morning all!
The coconut oil in my tea in the afternoon has been WONDERFUL! No more being famished when I get home from work. It really has helped with the "naw my arm off" hunger. I am actually eating a smaller meal at dinner too!
So far....so good. The sugar cravings are gone....and watching others eat carbs (work: bagels and muffins) doesn't bother me at all.
I sure hope this momentum keeps up!
I wish everyone a fantastic and successful LC day! I will try to pop in later.
Old 07-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning

Hmmm... Coconut oil in tea. I never thought of that before. Must be good though. I'll have to try it.

Yesterday I did have a CrAzY late night sugar-craving - but I did ok. I had 2 pieces of sharp cheddar and some water and waited it out....after 5 minutes or so they were gone....for that night anyway.

Well, I have to get going to work - but have a GREAT day!!

>>Annett
Old 07-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Hi all, I know I'm behind on posts I will have to catch up soon. Out of work for at least a week or so and today started a 72 hr video EEG study at home to help to determine cause of seizures and effects meds are having on me as well. As a sort of silly side note, but I'll still take it, because of the meds I've barely been eating and have been dropping weight quickly. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Kath17, heard there there is a cannabis plant in Colorado that doesnot have hallucinogenic properties but works great on seizures. And it's legal there!
Old 07-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Just came to say "Good Night" everyone I hope everyone had a great day!
Old 07-11-2014, 03:36 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Google morning all!! It's FRIDAY!!
I think I am going to go to Trader Joe's today after wrk. I want to get some Almond and coconut flours....and coconut and Almond milks. I am trying some recipes for DH and DS...and though they aren't LC...they have cut back on the sugars and junk carbs. This adventure is becoming a family one....which is nice.
Annette: the CO in a hot bev does work. You may want to start with a smaller amount of CO until you get used to it. It's odd, I agree....but it really has helped me with my evening hunger.
Kathy: I hope everything turns out ok for you.

The weekend is right around the corner!! I hope everyone has a wonderful LC day !!
Blessings
Old 07-11-2014, 09:01 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning All! Happy Friday!

Its my day off from work (YAY) but I've got my All-day (literally 8-5) Chemistry class tomorrow and a test - so I've got tons of homework and studying to do!

First things fist... I made myself a yummy!!!! breakfast salad.... basically 3 eggs over easy with a little bacon & sharp cheddar over a bed of spinach leaves. YUM.

Denise-- Almond Flour works out really well as breading for chicken or onion rings. I know it sounds weird but just season the almond flour as you would for those things... add garlic / onion powder, salt, pepper or whatever else you like directly to the almond flour and then do the reg breading procedure... dip in egg, then into the almond flour. If you're going to bake them, it helps to just slightly spray the final product with a little cooking oil to help them crisp up.

For Almond milk... Almond Breeze is by FAR the best!!! I've tried them all. They have an unsweetened Almond vanilla that is awesome but for a special treat they have an unsweetened almond coconut vanilla <---- YUM!

I haven't had regular milk in a long time. I like Almond Breeze that much.

Well, I'm going to go finish my breakfast and start some laundry and get going on my homework YAY.

Have a happy Friday!!!
Old 07-11-2014, 09:02 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

PS - I do have some coconut flour too but I am not sure how to use it yet, so if you have a tasty recipe...let me know!
Old 07-11-2014, 10:02 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the info Annett....the seasoning the almond flour as you would with regular...is good info...I think I may have not seasoned it with garlic (or whatever)...and the info on the Almond Milk is wonderful too....so helpful!! Thank you!! I've been missing my milk with dinner (we get our milk....straight from the cow....and it is INCREDIBLY DELISH...so I am missing it a LOT)....the almond milk will be helpful in that area!
Coconut Flour: I will surely pass along any good recipes that I stumble upon. I'm a woman that grinds her own flour from whole wheat berries....so baking with alternate flours is all new to me. I've been looking at quite a few Paleo and LC recipes....and will be testing them out. I read an article that said....when converting your own recipes to coconut flour...use 6 eggs for every 1/2 cup coconut flour your use (otherwise it will come out "grainy"). It also says that CF soaks up a lot of liquids....so it is easy to go overboard....because the dough/batter will always look dry.
I'd rather use coconut flour in lieu of a tapioca flour (I've seen a lot of Paleo recipes that use the tapioca flour)....It may have a better texture....but tapioca flour has as many carbs as wheat flour....so I'm staying away from it.
I'm also playing around with Stevia (I don't use artificial sweetners)....so that is another learning curve I've got to teach myself.
If I can get DH and DS's approval....I know I'm doing OK!!
I hope you have a great day off....good luck on your test!!

Last edited by sherlocklabs; 07-11-2014 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: Add more info
Old 07-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Good Friday everyone!! Coupon, welcome back!!! We've missed you!! How are your daughters? Get rid of your ex for good?
I am still just chugging along and not losing but not gaining!
I don't know what it will take to get me focused!!!

Kathy- Glad you're not having to work right now.

Deb- Can't wait to hear about Ken's appt!!

Trotter- So sad to hear about your church. Prayers for you and the rest of members
left.

Sher- You're doing great!!

Web- Yay!! Glad to see you back!!!
Old 07-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning OnCloud

The girls are doing great! My ex, well I can say I am MUCH better off without him. For the last year he has been couch surfing as he has been unable to keep a job. Im not getting child support from him yet but the State is working on that.
He does call now & then saying how much of a mistake made but I've finally become strong enough to just agree and let it go. Yes he made a mistake - his mistake - doesn't mean I have to take him back.

My kids watched Frozen so you can imagine we have songs from Frozen playing on a daily basis... and I've really come to like Let it Go... but I've somehow adapted it to me:

It's funny how some distance makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all
It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break through
No right, no wrong, no rules for me
I'm free

and then later in the song:

I'm never going back
The past is in the past

I don't know but its helps me. Anyway I have to run to the dollar tree. I thought I had some 3x5 cards but I don't and we're allowed to have note cards for the exam tomorrow...so I better get to doing that.

----------------------

Denise - a quick side note about the Almond Breeze -- you can get it 2 ways. One is in the refrigerated section in a 1/2 gallon carton. The other in one of those heat sealed cartons on the shelf. The one that is not refrigerated is great to keep on hand if you can't get to the store that often - just put it in the fridge before you need it so it can get nice & cold. Either one is great all by itself in a glass.

Anyway -- off I go... I'll be back!!

>>Annett