Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > The Century Club
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2014, 06:20 PM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
Sorry things are rough still Deb. Kids, they can really get to you! I so understand!!
It was my nephew's SSDI. He is receiving VA check but has 2 more claims in for more.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2014, 06:21 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, love the new avatar Mary. He is precious!!!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:24 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Lucky!! I'm really trying to walk the straight and narrow!!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:53 PM   #184
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 148
Start Date: Jan 2001
Binzi is in our Avatar
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:15 AM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Kath17
Stats: 415/261.4/240
Start Date: May 12, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
I don't know how to attach a picture of Binzi. Nhe came home with us this afternoon and is forever ours.

I made it my new Avatar - Yeh!
Congrats, Mary
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #186
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Binzi is in our Avatar
What a cutie!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 09:15 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Glories!! 248.5 this morning!! Yay!
Old 06-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #188
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hersheyrose
Stats: 315
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: June 18, 2014
315 with 170 to lose

Hi I'm Angie and I have had weight problems for most of my life. I weigh around 315 pounds right now and started doing a Low Carb High Fat diet on the 18th of this month. So it's been about a week but I'm not weighing in just yet. I thought that maybe I would obsess a little less if I only weighed in once a month, on the 1st.
My husband who weighs about 260 back up from the 158 he was when we were married 3 years ago, he initially went from 320 to 158 a year before we were married using a moderate low carb diet. He ate carbs for dinner only and he will be joining me on the 3rd of next month so that he can lose all of the weight again.
I've only been doing this for a week but my appetite is getting smaller and the cravings for sugar have almost completely disappeared, and for someone that has been a sugar addict for the last 32 years that is hard to say but it is true. I'm new here so forgive me if I ramble a bit, thank you for listening.
hersheyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 01:29 PM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi hersheyrose, welcome. We all ramble. Join the club. I only weighed once a month when I started because we didn't own a scale that went to 376 lbs, so I had to go into my husband's shipping dept and weigh myself there. At least I knew it was accurate. I liked the once a month deal because then I focused on eating right day in and day out and not on the number. I lost slowly because I was on lots of meds and in my 50's going through menopause but didn't give up.

We got your back.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Angie! This a great group to share this journey with.

Today turned into another rough day, blacked out this morning then had another grand mal seizure later in the morning. Was at the ER and then neurologist. The doctor quadrupled the dose of medication I was taking and added a second medicine.

This second seizure followed a stressful meeting just like the first one 3 weeks ago. The neurologist agreed this seizures appear to be stress-induced. Got results of the eeg and there were some abnormalities, but he wants to do a different kind of eeg that lasts for days.

I bit my tongue worse this time, definitely going to be a struggle to eat again. And for the first time in a really long time I ate non low carb food (cookies) somehow thinking that it would comfort me a little; stupid; but as long as I don't make it a habit because I'm feeling stressed and out of control with all of this.

I know my boss is not happy, but it's clearer to me than ever she needs to realize she has put way too much responsibility on my shoulders, I can't do it all on my own.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecBelle
Stats: 292.2/260.6/145 5ft4in
WOE: Induction
Start Date: Repeat Offender-Original Start 09/03/10
Kath , please take care yourself. I know this easy for me to say since I'm walking away from my job on 09/18/14 but I gotta say it.

Kath, you have to stop thinking about your job and how your boss feels and focus on getting better. I have had so many bosses who would use my dead body for a doorstop, they have never had my interests at heart. Even if your boss and your job are good, if you don't have your health you don't have anything.
BecBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersheyrose View Post
Hi I'm Angie and I have had weight problems for most of my life. I weigh around 315 pounds right now and started doing a Low Carb High Fat diet on the 18th of this month. So it's been about a week but I'm not weighing in just yet. I thought that maybe I would obsess a little less if I only weighed in once a month, on the 1st.
My husband who weighs about 260 back up from the 158 he was when we were married 3 years ago, he initially went from 320 to 158 a year before we were married using a moderate low carb diet. He ate carbs for dinner only and he will be joining me on the 3rd of next month so that he can lose all of the weight again.
I've only been doing this for a week but my appetite is getting smaller and the cravings for sugar have almost completely disappeared, and for someone that has been a sugar addict for the last 32 years that is hard to say but it is true. I'm new here so forgive me if I ramble a bit, thank you for listening.
Hey there Hersheyrose
Old 06-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Good Morning Glories!! 248.5 this morning!! Yay!
Well you just rock on!!!!
Old 06-24-2014, 06:34 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Binzi is in our Avatar
How adorable and looking happy to be home.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:38 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Deb, I don't have anything to say to help.

My brother hasn't worked since 07, he's locked himself into my Mom's house and won't do anything. So we have kept the roof over his head and buy groceries for him. If he would only do something.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:03 PM   #196
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trotter
WOE: Atkins/Grain Brain
Start Date: March 31, 2014
Still kicking, still struggling. Looks like I will have to make due until the budget says we can buy groceries... and it looks like I will be flying solo on my WOE.
Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 04:43 AM   #197
Blabbermouth!!!

Kath17, you are teaching me a lot. When I go to the outpatient and they give me assignments to preoare to return to work, one of them is extremelu stressful and after 10 minutes of it, I get a headache, am anxious and my hands were shaking. They told me to perhaps only do 5 minutes and stop if my head started to ache. It never dawned on me that it could bring on a seizure. I know they don't want me to have a setback. They keep talking about a cognitive rest and if I get any signs like headaches or anxieties I am supposed to stop and take a break. I am surprised you returned to work so quickly after your accident.

Will keep you in my prayers. There are many folks who have seizures who are on SSDI because they can't work. I am not eligible for it becaise I am over 65. But am in short term disability. I am hopeful that I will return to work in the near future. I think between the Tapping Solution, my new dog, Binzi, the work at Outpatient Therapy, and time, with prayer and well wishes, if it is God's will, I will return.
Old 06-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Stats: 317/267/130
Start Date: June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBelle View Post
Kath , please take care yourself. I know this easy for me to say since I'm walking away from my job on 09/18/14 but I gotta say it.

Kath, you have to stop thinking about your job and how your boss feels and focus on getting better. I have had so many bosses who would use my dead body for a doorstop, they have never had my interests at heart. Even if your boss and your job are good, if you don't have your health you don't have anything.
AMEN to this post! It's so hard to realize this, especially if you have to work to survive. I had to quit a high stress job two years ago. Among other health problems, my blood pressure was through the roof. The job was literally killing me. My boss would never listen when I said things were too much and I needed help. Yes, we have struggled financially at times, but mentally and physically I am 1000 times better without that job. No job is worth your life.
Strawberry Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:11 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: rl2b
Stats: 329.5/277/175
WOE: Medi/moderate protein
Start Date: 04/27/2014
Quote:
Hi Angie! I'm new around these parts, too. I think weighing just once a month is a great idea. I am one of those - I hop on the scale every chance I get or just about every time in my bathroom at home. I did stop for about a week when I needed to replace the batteries. LOL Here's to a good rest of the month, and I think you'll have a nice loss by 7/1.
Roseanne
rl2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:50 PM   #200
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Trotter
WOE: Atkins/Grain Brain
Start Date: March 31, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry Fields View Post
AMEN to this post! It's so hard to realize this, especially if you have to work to survive. I had to quit a high stress job two years ago. Among other health problems, my blood pressure was through the roof. The job was literally killing me. My boss would never listen when I said things were too much and I needed help. Yes, we have struggled financially at times, but mentally and physically I am 1000 times better without that job. No job is worth your life.
Very true.

I worked for a bit as a customer service rep in a T-mobile call center. I found the job to be extremely stressful at the time as I was supposed to make a sales offer on every call and I am not so hot trying to sell something to someone who is calling in trying to reduce their bill. Things changed right before I left but I had already found another job, my current one. This job can still be stressful but not like that one was.
Trotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:23 AM   #201
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Auntie
WOE: LOw Carb
Start Date: 6/20/14
I have been reading about the job woes and had to toss in my two cents. I had an epiphany a few months ago. It went something like this- I had a high stress, high responsibility job in healthcare. I worked for a company that took advantage of my need to excel at work and heaped expectations and responsibilities on me with no help or regard for me. Initially, I was flattered. But then reality hit and hit hard. I wasn't sleeping- maybe 2 to 3 hours a night. I didn't have time for a life, friends, hobbies or anything that would resemble life work balance.

One evening I crawled home after another 16 hour day just as my BF from childhood called me. We chatted a bit then she asked what was wrong. I told her about work, my stress, the hours and I almost broke down. She was quiet for a minute then asked me what I wanted on my tombstone. I thought she was being funny and tried to change the subject. She said 'no, I am serious. Do you want 'company stooge' or do you want 'loving wife, friend and sister'?' She went on to say at the rate I was going, the latter option would never happen and my company wouldn't give a damn and would just find someone else to do my job. Harsh, yes. Sobering, yes, but it was also like having a mirror thrust into my face and being forced to look at myself. There was no escaping the truth - I was in a death spiral and only I could stop it. So after much soul searching, I decided to leave my job and look for a company that would appreciate my skills and talents, respect me, and pay me what I am worth.

Has it been easy? No. Am I terrified that at my age and size prospective employers with judge the cover and not crack the book? Absolutely. But I am sleeping, I am happy, my stress is there but different, and I actually went out for lunch with friends. Heck, I even went on a date.

I am by no means extraordinary in any way, I am just a fat girl who had an epiphany and decided that I had to put me first. I deserve a chance to be happy and to have a real life. As I read each of the stories on this thread, I see so much sacrifice and pain. But I also see so much strength. We are amazing human beings. We are survivors. We matter.

Last edited by Auntie; 06-27-2014 at 01:30 AM.. Reason: typos :-)
Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:22 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: pansies
WOE: Bending Elbow Less
Start Date: Restart Every darn mornin'
Very well said Auntie. We often sell ourselves short. Being reminded that we do matter and have more strength than we give ourselves credit for is something we need to keep telling our inner spirit and the world around us.

I know I don't post often, but I do read the thread, you give me inspiration the way you have handled the problems thrown in your path. You are indeed very strong and caring people. Linda
pansies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Staying busy with my to do list, trying to check things off. Makes me feel like I accomplished something.

The frig and freezer is fixed. The AC is fixed. The furnace is ready for winter. The humidifier has a new filter. I sorted some books, some of which are going to the Salvation army. I dusted my bureaus in my bedroom and cleaned a bathroom. I wrote six thank you cards. I logged my food into fs. Took Binzi for a walk. Talked to the insurance co. About the friggin ambulance bills.

I just finished a yummy lunch. Big salad with edamame beans, tofu burger cut up like croutons, quinoa, vinagrette and an apple for dessert. Yum!
Old 06-27-2014, 10:36 PM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Well, I missed a lot. I am still chugging along. My BFF came Thurs and we are taking her home tomorrow. We'll be staying with her and her DH till Monday. So nice to be with her. We have been friends since we were 7 years old. 52 years. Like my sister.

Welcome Hershey!!! So glad to have a new member!!

So sorry Kathy!! Maybe you do need to think a little more of yourself. I think you've gotten some good advice.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:20 AM   #205
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: hersheyrose
Stats: 315
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: June 18, 2014
I've worked in customer service for as long as I have been able to work and I have learned one thing. You have to focus on yourself and not stress about the things that you cannot change. You have to take care of yourself and your health has to come first. I had an infection in the lining of my heart about a month ago and when I called work the assistant manager basically freaked out on me. Now the doctor put me on bed rest and told me that this was something to be very concerned over and her reaction hit me like a ton of bricks. I had to start thinking what was better making people happy or my life and really whether it's something that dyer or just your peace of mind you have to come before anyone else.
When I am home there aren't too many thoughts of work, I have plenty of hobbies to keep me busy and a husband and sweet little puppy that make me forget the horrors of serving the public during the week. You have to relax or it's only going to exacerbate your condition. I'm sorry if I sound like I'm rambling, I must be tired, lol.
hersheyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:56 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

I stayed down with a friend thursday night closer to work so just reading the past couple of days posts, yes you do leave me with something to think about. Feeling a little speechless at the moment, not in a bad way. I feel like the damn has finally broken again, after the first seizure, no problem, I was upset. This week, I've kept a brave face on all week with barely a crack. I feel like if I give in again right now though, I will sink so low I will not be able to pull myself back up. It feels like everything I have is unraveling. I want to curl up in bed and not get out, but I will do what I'm supposed to. I'm taking the annoying anti-seizure medication medication that makes me feel drunk all the time. This is just all so frustrating and hard to balance with what's best for me vs. what my job needs from me. My job is such a tremendous part of my identity I don't know how to seperate the two. I put all of me into it which I know has currently gotten me into this situation. But in someways the timing is better because I have started to take better care of myself over the past year (thank goodness for that)! Everyone who knows me, knows how how in control I like to be and right now I have no control over anything which just leaves me lost. Yesterday, my boss asked that I work out of her office instead of my own, she wouldnt give me a reason, but that's not a good feeling and was weird. The neurologist wants to see me every two weeks which means I'll be missing more work, the next day is on a big inspection the govt is coming in for that I was supposed to lead. None of this is boding well for me at work. I'm really trying hard to put myself first and I know everyone at work is advocating for me to my boss including the ceo, but it really is hard my job is people, its clients and staff and the agency; it's my identity. Maybe that's a little sad, but I would do anything for them and realizing over the past month they'd do anything for me (with the exception of my boss). I've probably rambled for enough for now.
Kath17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:19 AM   #207

Gallery: debkeversole
Stats: 370/343/199
WOE: 8/29/11 R9P2 HCG diet
Start Date: 10-8-09
Quote:
debkeversole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:20 AM   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath17 View Post
Angie! This a great group to share this journey with.

Today turned into another rough day, blacked out this morning then had another grand mal seizure later in the morning. Was at the ER and then neurologist. The doctor quadrupled the dose of medication I was taking and added a second medicine.

This second seizure followed a stressful meeting just like the first one 3 weeks ago. The neurologist agreed this seizures appear to be stress-induced. Got results of the eeg and there were some abnormalities, but he wants to do a different kind of eeg that lasts for days.

I bit my tongue worse this time, definitely going to be a struggle to eat again. And for the first time in a really long time I ate non low carb food (cookies) somehow thinking that it would comfort me a little; stupid; but as long as I don't make it a habit because I'm feeling stressed and out of control with all of this.

I know my boss is not happy, but it's clearer to me than ever she needs to realize she has put way too much responsibility on my shoulders, I can't do it all on my own.
oh no! i am soo sorry to hear this
Old 06-28-2014, 10:23 AM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBelle View Post
Deb, I don't have anything to say to help.

My brother hasn't worked since 07, he's locked himself into my Mom's house and won't do anything. So we have kept the roof over his head and buy groceries for him. If he would only do something.
lol Kenny's mama ain't one to sit back and let that happen though i can get a dander up for sure for better or worse KWIM?? and i can be kinda lou d and persistent ugh again not always for the best
Old 06-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotter View Post
Still kicking, still struggling. Looks like I will have to make due until the budget says we can buy groceries... and it looks like I will be flying solo on my WOE.
sorry about the solo thing completely understand about the stretching until you can get to the store again i bought some sausage yesterday and that will be it until after the first and yeah some things for the next few days are not going to be low carb
the neighbor brought us a whole bag of yellow squash though so every meal we are having yellow squash fried in butter LOVE it lol but ask me again about wednesday i might be tired of it by then
can't get any gas until then either sigh but other than that we are ok ya know? grateful for the roof over our heads and the A/C on these sooooo hot days
HCG start 351.2 DS14 339.2 DH 223.4
my facebook 179.75 miles DS1612.75 miles