Old 06-07-2014, 05:38 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250

Good Saturday Evening Everybody!!

HUGE to all those that had losses!

For those that didn't, remember the scales are EVIL!!

Still hanging in there for my 4th July Challenge!

Going on a Girls Get Away to Florida to hangout with my 2 DD for a week at the end of June (leaving the DH & DSIL at home to watch the doggies). I'm getting soooo excited about that! But I will NOT go off plan -- worked too hard to get here!!

You all have a wonderful rest of the day!
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2014, 06:44 AM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I'm out of town right now but still on plan. Hope for a good scale reading tomorrow! I hope everyone enjoys their day!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:30 AM   #213
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/229/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Seems like daily weigh-in is working out for me ... knowing I have to get on that scale every morning keeps me on plan.. I'm down 2.4 pounds this week, I might actually see 220 by July 4
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:48 AM   #214
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ColoMtnLady
Stats: 296/216/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Jan 2014
Hi Everyone, as I have said before, I don't post much but I read almost everyday. Maybe I feel I don't have much to say. Sounds like everyone is doing well. I don't know what happened but I lost 5lbs this week. My goal is 2 lbs a week, which I consistently do so I don't know why 5lbs in one week. Maybe it is with the good weather I am out and about much more. Whatever, I will take it.

I still have a little less than 3 weeks to go before I make a visit to my old home town and see people I haven't seen in 6 months. None of them know I have been on a weight loss journey. My goal is 4 more pounds by that time and my weight loss total will be 60 lbs. I don't know if that will be enough to make much of a visible difference but I am so looking forward to seeing everyone.
ColoMtnLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #215
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ColoMtnLady
Stats: 296/216/140
Start Date: Jan 2014
Just Jo, thanks for all your wisdom and insight. I look to your posts for inspiration everyday. By the way, what is DD, DH, and DSIL? I see those abbreviations often.
ColoMtnLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 07:57 AM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

ColoMtnLady DD is dear daughter, DH is dear husband & DSIL is dear son-in-law. Took me a while to figure them out!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:28 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneO View Post
Seems like daily weigh-in is working out for me ... knowing I have to get on that scale every morning keeps me on plan.. I'm down 2.4 pounds this week, I might actually see 220 by July 4
I weigh everyday too Jo, just for that reason! Keeps me accountable to myself. We do what works for us!
Old 06-08-2014, 08:31 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoMtnLady View Post
Hi Everyone, as I have said before, I don't post much but I read almost everyday. Maybe I feel I don't have much to say. Sounds like everyone is doing well. I don't know what happened but I lost 5lbs this week. My goal is 2 lbs a week, which I consistently do so I don't know why 5lbs in one week. Maybe it is with the good weather I am out and about much more. Whatever, I will take it.

I still have a little less than 3 weeks to go before I make a visit to my old home town and see people I haven't seen in 6 months. None of them know I have been on a weight loss journey. My goal is 4 more pounds by that time and my weight loss total will be 60 lbs. I don't know if that will be enough to make much of a visible difference but I am so looking forward to seeing everyone.
Holy Hannah!! HUGE on the 5 lbs this week -- whatever you did -- keep doing it cause it's working for you!!! congrats again!!!

IMHO, it doesn't matter if they do or don't see the difference, YOU know and that's the most important thing! Lemme tell you my story:

I had a fellow teacher come up to me at the end of school and said, oh wow you've lost weight? -- and I saw this guy at least once a day!! Everyone looks at him and says she's lost 142 lbs...where have you been??? Weird...

Last edited by Just Jo; 06-08-2014 at 08:32 AM..
Old 06-08-2014, 08:35 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoMtnLady View Post
Just Jo, thanks for all your wisdom and insight. I look to your posts for inspiration everyday. By the way, what is DD, DH, and DSIL? I see those abbreviations often.
Thanks for the kind words CML!!! I just want people to know that if I can lose the weight following this LC WOE -- that anyone can... it's really the most amazing weight loss plan I know -- it's worked every time and I didn't have to buy pills or exercise equipment or prepackaged meals or anything! Just stop shoveling those toxic, poisonous, crappy carbs into my mouth!!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #220
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 153
Start Date: Jan 2001
Has anyone here read The Tapping Solution by Mick Ortner or Jessica Ortner? jessica wrote one that had to do with weight loss. My shrink recommended it to me for healing my emotions after the brain injury. He said I now have post concussion brain syndrome. And thatnthis Tapping Solution is very powerful for healing the emotions as well as heall physical pain. Since it is non invasive, I figure what do I have to lose? It combines Acupressure points with modern psychology.
MaryMary is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMary View Post
Has anyone here read The Tapping Solution by Mick Ortner or Jessica Ortner? jessica wrote one that had to do with weight loss. My shrink recommended it to me for healing my emotions after the brain injury. He said I now have post concussion brain syndrome. And thatnthis Tapping Solution is very powerful for healing the emotions as well as heall physical pain. Since it is non invasive, I figure what do I have to lose? It combines Acupressure points with modern psychology.
My PCP actually recommended this book to me on my last physical, said it was a great way to relieve stress. I haven't gotten it yet.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:20 AM   #222
Blabbermouth!!!

I went to B&N this morning and bought it. My dic actually lent me his copy but I want to write in it and take notes. The Speech Therapist says I have to come up with some coping strategies to help with my emotional outburst when I lose it when I atart remembering something or realize I lost something that will never be the same again. Coming to terms. And dealing with the garbage from my past. We all have it. It can cause emotional or physical pain today. From what I have read and done so far, I am excited about it.

Old 06-08-2014, 11:53 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Oncloud, just remember we have 4 - 5 pounds of water sloshing around in us, so don't fret over the small bumps up (yes, I am a fine one to talk). Try to keep you eye on the downward trend.

Mary, these are hard days for you. Is the tapping idea a spin-off of neurolinguistic programming, popular some years back? Is the idea is to help us stay in the present and not get trapped in the past (with guilt feelings) and future thought (a bit of anxiety)?

My brother in law lost most of his taste a couple of years ago. He journeyed to Mayo and the verdict was, "this happens sometimes." No solution really. Sounds yours was brought on by your accident, though. Do you find lack of taste keeps your appetite in check or is it just more a source of irritation or confusion?
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 01:51 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
Start Date: 5/27/13
You're right Patience. I've just been stuck here so long!! Sigh! Keep chugging along. Thanks for the thought!
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:05 PM   #225
Blabbermouth!!!

We have five senses. From the accident, i still have touch, my vision, (need new glasses) with some dizziness, my hearing (but need a hearing aid), no smell, limited taste. I find it frustrating and irritating to say the least.

I know nothing about neuro psych.. Whatever you mentioned. You might google The Tapping Solution by Nick Ortner or Jessica Ortner to find more info on it. The novice in me cannot explain it and do it justice. I am still reading and have ordered the movie.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:39 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

Hello all! I've been on the computer most of the day. Need to clean but have no motivation. Lazy!
Old 06-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

That is something I understand!
I like clean but have a hard time getting there.
How setting the egg timer for 10 minutes (or whatever) and just doing that much?
Sometimes that will set things motion.
I've read all the tips, but most don't work so great with me.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:36 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
That is something I understand!
I like clean but have a hard time getting there.
How setting the egg timer for 10 minutes (or whatever) and just doing that much?
Sometimes that will set things motion.
I've read all the tips, but most don't work so great with me.
Me too, Patience, I like clean -- but sometimes its hard getting there. Some days its like, it can keep, let's go do something for "me" -- seriously, we need to just let it go at times. Now I ain't saying "pig sty dirty" cause Holy Hannah that would be against my sensibilities, but living in the middle of the desert, I am not going to dust every-single-day!!!! And I'm on summer break, I can take it easy, no?

What did you mean by "I've read all the tips but most don't work so great with me?"

Last edited by Just Jo; 06-10-2014 at 03:38 AM..
Old 06-10-2014, 03:47 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

HUGE to all those that had losses today!
For those that didn't, remember the scales are EVIL!!

My goal for the 4th of July Challenge is still holding on: 27 days w/o gain or loss. So I'm doing the little happy-happy dance --->

(I that little smiley guy!!)
Old 06-10-2014, 04:39 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Still here, just busy at work and off the iPad at night. Today will be hot and humid, so I plan to drink an extra 8 oz of water over my usual.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, healthy day!
Old 06-10-2014, 07:35 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Jo, I have a collection of books on how to de-clutter!
They become clutter, ha-ha. My standards are to keep dishes washed and kitchen counter cleaned, and bathrooms clean. It goes down hill from there.
The set the timer tip is one. Another is to get rid of three items a day. Or to just tackle on small space at a time. The tip that sticks with me the most, and seems to make the most sense to me is from a book that takes a systems approach. It says to complete the action . . . essentially put things back into their place at the end of a job, rather that rushing on to something else.

I am not a hoarder, but I do hang on to stuff. Those shows are scary because I see just a bit of myself in them. There but for the grace of god.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:00 AM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Jo, I have a collection of books on how to de-clutter!
They become clutter, ha-ha. My standards are to keep dishes washed and kitchen counter cleaned, and bathrooms clean.
collection of books on how to de-clutter and they've become clutter... you are killing me here

I'm a list person -- it's gratifying at the end of the day to have highlighted all the tasks that I've accomplished all day long -- even if it is things as insignificant as "sweep off deck".

I'm a minimalist. I don't do clutter... it stems from moving every year or so (my dad was military, my ex was military we never stayed longer than 24 mons in any one place). And I hate to dust dust-collectors (knick-knacks).

Drives my BF crazy cause I will not go to bed with a dirty dish in the house, dirty kitchen counters or without vacuuming the living room - I have a lil' shedder (10 lb dog). My ex said I was neurotic -- he was the total opposite -- a SLOB (hmmmmmm could be why he's my ex?? ) Well they say we attract opposites...
Old 06-10-2014, 08:10 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

I once had a list several pages long, single spaced and small font size.
I lost it and never looked back.
A tip I got from my daughter was just writing a couple of to-do's on my hand.
Well, I don't do that much anymore, but I keep a white board by my computer here at home and jot down my priority must-do's for paid job and home work. It does help.

I've heard that "opposites attract, but only through the first two marriages"!

I just can't generate the energy to clean at night (excepting kitchen counters and dishes). I did better when I was younger.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I've heard that "opposites attract, but only through the first two marriages"!
My GF says marry for love the first time and money $$ the second time, that's why I have a BF and not a DH!!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:03 AM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: cindym
Stats: 350(Dr.'s office)/320/200
Start Date: Off and on since 26Feb01
Happy Tuesday ~ Really enjoyed reading all of the posts. Don't know what is going on with me but I need it to STOP!!!

Thank YOU to everyone for sharing.
cindym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:36 AM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
We have five senses. From the accident, i still have touch, my vision, (need new glasses) with some dizziness, my hearing (but need a hearing aid), no smell, limited taste. I find it frustrating and irritating to say the least.
You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday.
Old 06-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #237
Major LCF Poster!

Patience- You and I seem to have a lot in common. I keep magazines with declutter articles and don't read them. Stack of mags. Make a list and hang on fridge; it's old and turned yellow before it's all done. Oh well, I have clean bathrooms.

Today was my 20th anniversary. Had a nice day except for going to Urgent Care with another gout episode. Just had one in April.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:34 AM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Patience- You and I seem to have a lot in common. I keep magazines with declutter articles and don't read them. Stack of mags. Make a list and hang on fridge; it's old and turned yellow before it's all done. Oh well, I have clean bathrooms.

Today was my 20th anniversary. Had a nice day except for going to Urgent Care with another gout episode. Just had one in April.
Hope you are doing better! And HAPPY belated ANNIVERSARY!! May you have at least 20 more!!!
Old 06-11-2014, 06:18 AM   #239
Blabbermouth!!!

I like the talk about de cluttering. That is something I need to work on. I have been sick the last couple days with bad stomach flu. Have had to stick to broth and watermelon type foods, otherwise it goes right through me. I may have to go to the doctor next week if I don't feel better.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:28 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I like the talk about de cluttering. That is something I need to work on. I have been sick the last couple days with bad stomach flu. Have had to stick to broth and watermelon type foods, otherwise it goes right through me. I may have to go to the doctor next week if I don't feel better.
Mary, hope you feel better soon!