Old 06-03-2014, 06:49 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Just Jo
Stats: 265/120/130 BMI=20.6
WOE: Atkins '72 & IF: Daily kcals <1400 & <12 carbs
Start Date: Repeat Offender: May '13 = 265 & 5 July '13 = 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
Yay Jo! Glad your flea market experience was successful!

JustJo- So happy for you! Keep up the good work and attitude!

Bron- Way to go on the weight loss!!

I am at 250. I've been up and down 2lbs. I am being very 'good' lately. Hoping to reach my goal. 240 by July 4th. I am determined to not snack at night! Still sticking to it. Yay!
There's really nothing wrong with snacking at night as long as it's legal food -- you are not supposed to be miserable in this WOE.
Just Jo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2014, 06:56 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Amendment to this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo View Post
I know in A '72 we eat when we are hungry -- which makes it really amazing when you are on any type of WOE plan -- sure beats WW. But I'm probably eating less kcals then I would if I were doing WW. I guess it's the idea that if I want to pig-out on pork rinds, I can because they have ZERO carbs - since carbs count on a LC WOE lifestyle. So for me, it's a head game I am playing with myself. Does that make any sense?
Yeah, I'm responding to my own quote.

Seriously, though, I was thinking about this this morning when I was writing in my journal and this is what I wanted to add to this...

No thatís not really true about me playing head games with myself -- it's not only mental but it's also physiological. Since eating LC purges your body of those toxic, poisonous, insidious crappy killer carbs makes you less hungry, thatís why I can get away with eating less than 1400 kcals and not feel like I am starving all the time. Thatís why A í72 works so brilliantly for me -- always has!

The most important thing is A '72 is not about kcals it's about carbs with the understanding that low carbs makes us less hungry = less kcals we will eat. It's the "appetite suppressant" effect of being in ketosis that's really remarkable on A '72's LC WOE!!
Old 06-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oncloud9now2
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 5/27/13
I never snack off plan. It's pork skins(salty and make me retain fluid) and nuts(lots of calories in lots of nuts.)I have health problems that keep me from just eating mainly meat or eggs. Have to have some veggies. 3rd stage renal failure and congestive heart failure.
oncloud9now2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:11 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I didn't know your health concerns, Cloud. Since you need to eat more vegetables and like pork rinds and nuts, have you considered kale chips? Many people rave about them, but I have not tried them. Of course, they are heavily seasoned so water retention could be an issue for you.

Joanne O - Ill be in good company with you on the daily weigh page!

Right now my snack if I want one is the chocolate bark. No coconut oil in the house so I'm using 3 T of salted butter, 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder, and 1 pit of sweetener.

My husband is fructose intolerant and slow intestional motility. That means little to no natural sugar which eliminates a great number of foods. With the sluggish digestive tract he has to eat a low fiber diet. So sometimes, our diets mesh well and clash at others.
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncloud9now2 View Post
I never snack off plan. It's pork skins(salty and make me retain fluid) and nuts(lots of calories in lots of nuts.)I have health problems that keep me from just eating mainly meat or eggs. Have to have some veggies. 3rd stage renal failure and congestive heart failure.
I have the same problem with pork rinds if I over indulge -- water retention, I'll gain a couple of lbs just from the salt and if I stay clear of them for a day or two, back down in weight from those water pounds. I have to limit myself to 1 - 2 oz every couple of days or so if I don't want the water retention.

As for nuts, I was looking up the carb counts because lots of people are preaching how wonderful they are... 1 oz of almonds equals about 22 kennels = 169 kcals and 6 carb grams Holy Hannah, you're right about the kcals...I do not do nuts cause of portion control issues I cant say NO to them... Hey at least I know what my weakness are.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:26 AM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/232/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Quote:
As for nuts, I was looking up the carb counts because lots of people are preaching how wonderful they are... 1 oz of almonds equals about 22 kennels = 169 kcals and 6 carb grams Holy Hannah, you're right about the kcals...I do not do nuts cause of portion control issues I cant say NO to them... Hey at least I know what my weakness are.
Portion control is a huge issue for me too ... I've been trying to use smaller plates for meals, and for snacks I use 4 oz ramekins. Maybe just more head games, but hey, if it works ... ummm, whats a kcal?

Cloud and Bron - you can make kale chips pretty easy and adjust the seasonings. tried them recently when a friend made them, she just removed the stems, tore them up, tossed with olive oil and small amount of salt and baked.. I think 350 just until they started to brown around the edges.
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:32 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneO View Post
Portion control is a huge issue for me too ... I've been trying to use smaller plates for meals, and for snacks I use 4 oz ramekins. Maybe just more head games, but hey, if it works ... ummm, whats a kcal?
Jo, kcal or more appropriately, Kcalories is what you see on the labels and what you burn (called Calories, with a capital "C"). kcals is equivalent to 1,000 calories (calories with a small c). So when it comes to dieting, kcals (Calories) are what you really deal with usually though people refer to kcals as calories with a lower case c. Didn't mean to be confusing...
Old 06-04-2014, 06:35 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Exactly 3 weeks (21 days) of no weight loss (or gain)... I think I've got my "magic" numbers for maintenance!!!
Old 06-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoanneO
Stats: 253/232/140
WOE: Moderate carbs, real food, portion control
Start Date: February 13, 2014
Quote:
Exactly 3 weeks (21 days) of no weight loss (or gain)... I think I've got my "magic" numbers for maintenance!!!
Good for you !!! And thanks for explaining kcal's, you were not confusing, I had just never heard that term before
JoanneO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Bron! That's a good idea.

Joanne- Thanks for the recipe. I've never made them but think I may try. I love to snack in the evenings.

Proud of you Just Jo!!
Old 06-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the kinds words, Jo & OnCloud!
Old 06-04-2014, 05:11 PM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneO View Post

Cloud and Bron - you can make kale chips pretty easy and adjust the seasonings. tried them recently when a friend made them, she just removed the stems, tore them up, tossed with olive oil and small amount of salt and baked.. I think 350 just until they started to brown around the edges.
I use ramekins too; seems to help me with portion control.

Kale chips are quite good, methinks.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 03:50 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, today is exactly 11 months since I seriously started this WOE and had a complete life-style change. Granted, I tried and failed to really commit from 24 May to 4 July 2013 when I weighed in at 265. Iíd do really well for 4 or 5 days eating to plan and then reward myself with really bad food (those toxic, poisonous, insidious killer crappy carbs). Then Iíd feel guilty and go back to eating clean. And the cycle repeated like itís always done my entire adult life. That worked like a charm -- NOT.

Holy Hannah -- a total of 11 months without cheating except for the Thanksgiving Fiasco of 2013. I have never been this completely committed to this WOE before. Actually before it was a means to an end -- truly only a diet. That once I met my weight goal, Iíd go back to eating those crappy carbs and the weight would come back on with a vengeance plus some. Why did I think I could eat crappy carbs and stay within my personal weight goal? On what planet does that make any logical sense?

But this time itís totally different -- I have made a 180 mind shift to what I need to do to continue being successful in keeping off the weight. This has been an interesting 11 month journey so far. Iíve learned a lot about myself: my portion control issues, how I like to feel really full when I eat, how many kcals and carbs I can safely eat without gaining or losing weight (<1400 kcals & <14 carbs daily).

I also learned that those toxic, poisonous, insidious killer crappy carbs are so NOT worth eating. A few nanoseconds of pleasure eating some crappy carb and Iíd be so disappointed in myself for letting ďFat JoĒ take over. Actually, thinking about purposefully eating some crappy carb makes me ill. I donít ever intend to eat those especially dangerous carbs (flour, sugar, sugar in a skin veggies etc.) Remember I have the power to decide what I eat and donít eat. No one puts a gun to my head and says ďEat those CARBS or you die!Ē Eating those carbs will however, kill me.

It has always been my decision to make good or poor food choices and I shall continue to make the proper food choices as I continue on my A í72 LC WOE journey. This journey is far from over. Actually this is chapter 2 because it has only now truly began since this part of the journey is the most difficult -- maintaining the weight loss. I have never ever successfully accomplished this part of the journey. But I shall this time and I will be successful -- I take full responsibility for all my actions especially those that concern my WOE.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:37 AM   #194
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: MaryMary
Stats: Then 376 / Now 156
WOE: Vegan OA NMW!
Start Date: Jan 2001
Great job! JustJo
MaryMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:34 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Way to go, JustJo!!!!
Old 06-05-2014, 06:38 AM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Up 2lbs today. I know I really didn't gain 2 lbs of fat but it aggravates me. I ate late and that always impacts my weight.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

I hear you!
I've been hoping to get the scale moving, but it seems to be stuck (or worse, goes up).
Old 06-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bronwyn
I read all the posts from my iPad but it can be difficult to post long messages. That being said, I a, so grateful to all of you for this challenge. I look forward to getting online and reading everyone's stories!
Bronwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 12:14 AM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JoLynn
Stats: 286/243/150
Start Date: Restart Mar '14
Just Jo-Way to go! Sounds like you've drunk the cool-aid and will be successful this time. You are an inspiration to all of us in your accomplishment and wisdom that you willingly share here.
Thank you

It's been a busy week for me-haven't been able to check in until today. Last weekend attended a bbq-stayed on plan! Sunday left for Tahoe with family for a little R&R. Still on plan! Wasn't able to weigh this Wednesday but hope to see results next week.

Just want to encourage everyone to hang in there. Every day on plan is a mini victory for your health!
Old 06-06-2014, 12:44 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday everybody!!

Thanks everyone for your kinds words. I figured I'd share my personal insights on what is happening on my LC WOE journey.

I've learned so much coming here to LC Friends -- wish I had been here from the beginning back in July. But better late than never.

I love being with people who completely understand where I'm coming from in terms of being morbidly obese my entire life and making a positive change to improve my health and self-esteem with a fantastic LC WOE.

As you all know, those that have never experienced being chronically morbidly obese are seriously clueless to what we go through. They look at us and think, come on get off your fat @$$ and do something about it.

Well we are doing something about it NOW because we are LOSERS not Quitters!!!

Progress to my 4th of July Challenge: No change. Still doing <1400 kcals and <14 carbs and no weight gain/loss in 23 days. So I'm pretty excited about that.
Old 06-06-2014, 06:00 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

I finally registered a scale loss -- the first since April 11. Talk about a slow loser, but at least I am back in the loser's club.

Happy Friday to everyone!
Old 06-06-2014, 09:35 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Yay!!!! Patience, so happy for you!! Know how you feel.

I was down 1 of the 2lbs I gained for no reason. Sigh. 251.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:40 PM   #203
Blabbermouth!!!

Congrats everyone!
Old 06-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ~*Kimbers*~
Stats: 373/360/175
Start Date: 05/10/2014
Quote:
Yes!!!!! Good job!!
~*Kimbers*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:08 AM   #205
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patience View Post
I finally registered a scale loss -- the first since April 11. Talk about a slow loser, but at least I am back in the loser's club.

Happy Friday to everyone!
Woo hoo!!!!
Old 06-07-2014, 08:10 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Wow, today is exactly 11 months since I seriously started this WOE and had a complete life-style change. Granted, I tried and failed to really commit from 24 May to 4 July 2013 when I weighed in at 265. Iíd do really well for 4 or 5 days eating to plan and then reward myself with really bad food (those toxic, poisonous, insidious killer crappy carbs). Then Iíd feel guilty and go back to eating clean. And the cycle repeated like itís always done my entire adult life. That worked like a charm -- NOT.

Holy Hannah -- a total of 11 months without cheating except for the Thanksgiving Fiasco of 2013. I have never been this completely committed to this WOE before. Actually before it was a means to an end -- truly only a diet. That once I met my weight goal, Iíd go back to eating those crappy carbs and the weight would come back on with a vengeance plus some. Why did I think I could eat crappy carbs and stay within my personal weight goal? On what planet does that make any logical sense?

But this time itís totally different -- I have made a 180 mind shift to what I need to do to continue being successful in keeping off the weight. This has been an interesting 11 month journey so far. Iíve learned a lot about myself: my portion control issues, how I like to feel really full when I eat, how many kcals and carbs I can safely eat without gaining or losing weight (<1400 kcals & <14 carbs daily).

I also learned that those toxic, poisonous, insidious killer crappy carbs are so NOT worth eating. A few nanoseconds of pleasure eating some crappy carb and Iíd be so disappointed in myself for letting ďFat JoĒ take over. Actually, thinking about purposefully eating some crappy carb makes me ill. I donít ever intend to eat those especially dangerous carbs (flour, sugar, sugar in a skin veggies etc.) Remember I have the power to decide what I eat and donít eat. No one puts a gun to my head and says ďEat those CARBS or you die!Ē Eating those carbs will however, kill me.

It has always been my decision to make good or poor food choices and I shall continue to make the proper food choices as I continue on my A í72 LC WOE journey. This journey is far from over. Actually this is chapter 2 because it has only now truly began since this part of the journey is the most difficult -- maintaining the weight loss. I have never ever successfully accomplished this part of the journey. But I shall this time and I will be successful -- I take full responsibility for all my actions especially those that concern my WOE.
You have come a long way. I love your story. You have done an amazing job in these 11 months~! Very inspirational!
Old 06-07-2014, 08:12 AM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Good morning Saturday! I was down -4 yesterday at the weekly doc appt which means I have just 10 pounds to go to meet my 4th of July goal! I got this! Looks like you all are doing well too! Yaya!!!!!!!!
Old 06-07-2014, 12:01 PM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

That's a good loss, and at the drs. office, no less.

Way to GO!!
Old 06-07-2014, 01:34 PM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

I stayed the same at the doctor's appt this month. Still cannot smell anything, and can only taste lemon, salty, sweet and hot flavors.
Old 06-07-2014, 02:07 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry Mary. Prayers for you still.
Back up to 252 this morning. 252 to 250.